Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,468 members, 7,850,624 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:13 AM

How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio (695 Views)

Akpabio: My First Grandchild Died Due To Neglect At A Government Hospital / Adorable Photos Of President Buhari's First Great-grandchild / Buhari Aide, Abike Dabiri Welcomes First Grandchild - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by peekspot(m): 8:15pm On Aug 04, 2023

Senate President Godswill Akpabio on Friday, narrated how he lost his first grandchild to medical negligence at a federal hospital in 2019.

The Senate President shared his experience while speaking during the screening of the ministerial nominee from Lagos State, Dr Tunji Alausa.

He said, “Just like every other person here, I have been a victim of medical neglect. I lost my first grandchild in 2019, in a federal medical centre. He died through bleeding.

“He was placed on a drip that ran into the night. There was no help, no doctor, no nurse and he bled until he lost over 60 per cent of his blood.”

Akpabio speaking further noted that the boy eventually went into a coma and efforts to revive him with a defibrillator were unsuccessful because the hospital had not used it (the defibrillator) for years.

“They went to go and bring a defibrillator to attempt to revive the heart, but it did not work. I said for how long, they said it stopped working eight years ago.

“I used my hand and struggled with my physician, I could not revive him. I had to close his eyes and put him in the mortuary, and then I proceeded to Port Harcourt for our party’s rally,” Akpabio said.

https://punchng.com/how-i-lost-my-first-grandchild-to-medical-negligence-akpabio/
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by TemplarLandry: 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
cool He was very emotional when telling the tale.
We were following the screening on Channels.

I dedicate “Alone” by Burna Boy to the Akpabio fam. Solemn jam!
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by taylor88(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
kiss
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by Jones4190(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
the rich also cry
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by SmartPolician: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
As you read this sad story, all I can say is that you can support any politician of your choice, but bad leadership spears nobody.....

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by ronalmagic10(m): 8:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
Pray not to have any medical emergency in this country

We insult government all day but the attitude of the citizens are very terrible.

Nurses and doctors lament daily about bad leadership but what they do in their clinic to fellow Nigerians is unfathomable. Very heartless people

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by ronalmagic10(m): 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
SmartPolician:
Bad leadership spears nobody.....

Support whoever you like, but we must all remember that fact!

True. And that's why people from sadeast are trooping daily to Lagos to make ends meet. They're suffering cos of the bad choices they constantly make

God help us all
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by jmoore(m): 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2023
Coming from a man that looted NDDC funds. Did he know how many Nigerians died because of projects that were not implemented because of the looted NDDC funds?

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by yomi007k(m): 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
What has he done to improve the situation in order to prevent such from happening again?

....imagine, he left to port harcourt to attend party rally and you expect the health system to fix itself.

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by rtdCivilservant: 9:19pm On Aug 04, 2023
Am I the only one asking this question? Akpabio said he lost his first grand child by 2019, that he was 32 years old. Nobody is asking how come Akpabio had a grand child that was 32 years old as at 2019.
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by WildChild00(m): 9:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
rtdCivilservant:
Am I the only one asking this question? Akpabio said he lost his first grand child by 2019, that he was 32 years old. Nobody is asking how come Akpabio had a grand child that was 32 years old as at 2019.

Scammer
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by siofra(f): 9:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Is that so?

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by rtdCivilservant: 10:56pm On Aug 04, 2023
WildChild00:

My father is a Scammer
We know. Useless idiot. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by Throwback: 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2023
ronalmagic10:
Pray not to have any medical emergency in this country

We insult government all day but the attitude of the citizens are very terrible.

Nurses and doctors lament daily about bad leadership but what they do in their clinic to fellow Nigerians is unfathomable. Very heartless people

To reform Nigeria, you need to reform the followership and not the leadership.

The leadership itself emanate from the followership.

Did Akpabio use his political influence to ensure someone was sacked and prosecuted for this medical negligence, or he let them appeal to his Christian conscience that "God giveth and taketh", while the rot remain in place to claim more victims?

2 Likes

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by yang(m): 11:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
Zoo political charlatans

And he went to the evil APC party rally soon after

After looting Akwa ibom and NDDC and chasing medical doctors away with their impoverishment policies, he is telling an emotional tale of how he killed his own grand child with his looting

I hope the money he is hiding in the foreign country bank account is helping to build hospitals and treat other people's grand children

Until people in the zoo called Nigeria get sense and chase the evil criminals governing them out of power

Spits

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by Jman06(m): 11:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
He should have used his position to sue those doctors that were supposed to be on duty in the hospital at that time.

Alot of things are going wrong in our healthcare institutions because Nigerians don't sue doctors for medical negligence. We seriously need to incorporate litigations and punishment of erring doctors in our healthcare system.

Many have been sent to their early graves due to negligence on the part of our medical doctors. Enough is enough!

1 Like

Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by WildChild00(m): 5:42am On Aug 05, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

I am an idiot. grin cheesy cheesy

We know mr Scammer grin grin
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by rtdCivilservant: 9:03am On Aug 05, 2023
WildChild00:

I WildChild00 is a compound FOOL.
Small small, it is no news any more. grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by WildChild00(m): 9:07am On Aug 05, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Small small, it is no news any more. grin cheesy cheesy grin

Harden scammer grin
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by rtdCivilservant: 9:08am On Aug 05, 2023
WildChild00:

I WildChild00 is a Harden scammer
I know na! grin grin grin
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by WildChild00(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

I know na! grin grin grin

Custom controller Abdullah, what is that your Facebook page, you use to auction vehicles out, criminal grin grin
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by rtdCivilservant: 9:13am On Aug 05, 2023
WildChild00:

Custom controller Abdullah, that is that fake name I use to scam people on Facebook, I use to auction vehicles out, I am a criminal
U see ur miserable life. When they told u crime pays no one u thought people were advising u wrongly. Now see ur life.
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by WildChild00(m): 9:24am On Aug 05, 2023
You see you have been ban, you are an hardcore scammer both here on nairaland and Facebook
Re: How I Lost My First Grandchild To Medical Negligence — Akpabio by rtdCivilservant: 9:34am On Aug 05, 2023
WildChild00:
You see you have been ban, you are an hardcore scammer both here on nairaland and Facebook
Otondo. A fool remains a fool forever. Hahahahahahahahaaha. grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

International Journalist Calls Tinubu A Bagman For Drug Smugglers / Breaking: Simon Ekpa Agreed To Drop The Biafra Agitation / List Of Forgery Cases Against TIEFNUBU 1999 -2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.