Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions (969 Views)

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Fifa U-17 World Cup: Nigeria With Chile, Croatia, Usa In Group A / Mexico V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (1 - 6) on 19 Oct 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by tundewoods(m): 1:02am On Sep 10, 2007
Now i know this may be sad news but true.Word has it that FIFA may insist on bone test for our champions to certify if they are truly under 17 as they claim.Spanish folks are agitating for it.Will give you details later in the day.
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by ritchboi: 1:23am On Sep 10, 2007
sad news?
Dis must b d most hilarious 'news' i hav eva heard.God!I don laf die here,pple tink say i don dey mad.
LMAO
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by labiyemmy(m): 1:24am On Sep 10, 2007
where is that news from - Nigerians with bad belle.
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by tundewoods(m): 7:48am On Sep 10, 2007

Yes,I will continue from where i stopped.It is no longer news that we won the just concluded under 17 world cup tournament in South Korea and that the Spanish side are really sore losers.

A friend of mine who watched the match live overheard some Spanish FA execs raising the issue of insisting on bone test to acertain actual ages for both their spanish and nigerian teams.

I cant personally acertain the authenticity of this source of information however one thing i do know is that sore losers are one of most desperate people and they can go to any length to prove their case.

Why do i call this SAD NEWS ? You may ask.
To me it's sad news because Nigeria had been involved in a previous age scandal issue in the late 80/early 90's and i'm sure you don't need a rocket scientist to tell you those folks may not be under 17.

All the same the boys have done a fantastic job and i will certainly keep you folks posted regarding this issue but until then lets hope it's just speculations from angry sore losers.

Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by labiyemmy(m): 10:34am On Sep 10, 2007
Where did your friend overheard some Spanish FA execs speaking? from his Lagos base or was he seating next to them during the tournament? and does he speak Spanish to understand what they were saying because the Spanish people always communicate in Spanish and not in English -

Common - tell us something else. one day your friend will soon overhear say the President wife na woman.
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by A40(m): 1:23pm On Sep 10, 2007
Rumor Monger
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by tundewoods(m): 3:49pm On Sep 10, 2007
Hey no need to get worked up on what my pal overheard,Off course he watched the match live at South Korea and if it regarding languages spoken i personally know that he speaks English,Italian,Dutch & Spanish fluently.

Well i guess you want me to tell you that he's a sports journalist based in UK before you can authenticate the story right.Well i don't stand to gain nothing Ok,simple fact is that he may be right and wrong but one thing is certain and that is he has first hand information on it.

Lets just wait and watch events unfold.No hard feelings
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by Banderas(m): 4:02pm On Sep 10, 2007
Oga, where's the link?
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by labiyemmy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2007
@Tundewoods

And he speaks Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo and Egbira and all what nots.
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by tosinadeda: 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2007
oni ro osi
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2007
No be only bone test, na meat test. We won the tournament, all this rubbish people are bringing out is completey ridiculous.

Seriously I don't know why y'll so bothered about this issue. I check fifa site I know see anything wey resemble bone test.

We're champions, celebrate rather than worry about irrelevant shyte. Nothing is going to unfold abeg.

If they're going to do bone test, they certainly going to do it for all the teams that participated. Which doesn't make sense
since all the teams are out of korea.

And please first poster reason with this, why would they test only the nigerians and spanish players, were they the only ones involved in the tournament.

If the spanish fa are really pushing for this it will get no where since fifa's credidbility is at stake here. The most likely result from this is that they would start the bone test from the next tournament in 2009.
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by tosinadeda: 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2007
dont mind him jare,as if its not fia that screened them before the tournament began
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by tundewoods(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2007
Alec:

No be only bone test, na meat test. We won the tournament, all this rubbish people are bringing out is completey ridiculous.

Seriously I don't know why y'll so bothered about this issue. I check fifa site I know see anything wey resemble bone test.

We're champions, celebrate rather than worry about irrelevant shyte. Nothing is going to unfold abeg.

If they're going to do bone test, they certainly going to do it for all the teams that participated. Which doesn't make sense
since all the teams are out of korea.

And please first poster reason with this, why would they test only the nigerians and spanish players, were they the only ones involved in the tournament.

If the spanish fa are really pushing for this it will get no where since fifa's credidbility is at stake here. The most likely result from this is that they would start the bone test from the next tournament in 2009.

Alec Well said,I truly feel your post.I personally have stated that the news may be either true or myth so i wonder why some folks are getting over worked as if its already confirmed.
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by dinozzo(m): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2007
I can't see them doing any test. The tournament is over, everyone has left. Like someone said they were screened before the tournament which is the normal routine to make sure there are no overage players even though its not effective.
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by 9ja4eva: 1:37am On Sep 11, 2007
What of brain test?

Only bone?

Fake news.Nothing dey happen
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 11, 2007
If a European side had won, would there have been any bone test? Another case of western conspiracy against the black race if ascertained!
Re: FIFA May Insist On Bone Test For Under 17 World Cup Champions by ayusman16(m): 8:57am On Sep 11, 2007
If anythin go happen to our victory, am sure wont be surprised if one Naija go suggest to FIFA say make dem carry out d bone test, useless bad badbelle pple, make nobody paste anything without link again just becos u want notice

(1) (Reply)

Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team / Nasarawa United Football Club Held Hostage In Uyo / How Did Zambia Top Group D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.