Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award (10989 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins £15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Chigozie Obioma “An Orchestra Of Minorities" For 2019 Broker Prize Award / George Saunders Becomes 2nd American To Win Man Booker Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by chukkystar(m): 8:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
I don't even know How Authors make their money. Ur Book has to sell much before U are paid well not to talk of Nigeria with high piracy. Alot of Author's get their recognition when they are dead then their book will be adopted into a Hollywood movie.

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by SatanKeepOff: 8:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
must we associate tribe to every thread on NL?
Acekidc4:
A Nigerian Yoruba Woman. Good One👍👍

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Does it even matter

Chiamanda was nominated in 2004
Chigozie Obioma nominated in 2019
Oyinkan Braithwaite nominated in 2019

Just stating the obvious
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin

E reach to ask grin grin
spagettiluv:
wetin?
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

I have one question. Are you Igbo?

Do I have to be before stating the obvious?
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Ishilove: 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
It is comforting to see people still read books. The fuckery happening on Nairaland almost convinced me otherwise
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:38pm On Aug 05, 2023
jeromestarks:
See brain.
I'm not Yoruba but this lady is giving me erection.

How did u see the brain sir?

Ur eyes get scanner? 🤣
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Omoawoke: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
EleventhWeirdo:
Good

Human and intellectual resources are our greatest strength as Yorùbá. That's what places our region as the most resourceful, developed and sophisticated. Although Ondo is the only major oil producing, other regions struggle to even tail behind us. From the elementary level of yorubas being 6 of the top 12 JAMB candidates for this year UTME, the rest is history as we parade the best and finest of educational infrastructure in the country

Yes bro, no wonder the economy of Nigeria lies on the shoulder of southwest

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

Does it even matter

Chiamanda was nominated in 2004
Chigozie Obioma nominated in 2019
Oyinkan Braithwaite nominated in 2019

I think there is only one Nigerian that actually won that Booker prize and her name is “ Bernardine Anne Mobolaji Evaristo”.

All the rest were just nominated and never had a chance to win it.

3 Likes

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

If the woman was Igbo and an Igbo person simply commented "Igbo amaka", you and your ilk will come in here and start foaming from your mouths about how igbos love to brag and beat their chests, whereas you just wish you could do the same. The truth is that you're jealous that they have more bragging rights, and to you, bragging rights on the internet is very important.

But what he said isn't harmful.

You mentioned him as if he did sumtin bad with this long epistles.. If only u can put this epistle into writing, u cud have been nominated too...

Any small thing, una go turn am to tribal war...

Shame on you... Spits

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by jeromestarks: 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:

How did u see the brain sir?

Ur eyes get scanner? 🤣

She did not use her pvssy to get nominated for the UK award. Did she?

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Tomek09(m): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
Bought and negotiated award.
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 8:40pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

Do I have to be before stating the obvious?

I don’t know why you minority tribe harbor such hate on Yoruba like this especially una from Edo state.

But that’s a story for another day.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Tomek09(m): 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:

You mentioned him as if he did sumtin bad with this long epistles.. If only u can put this epistle into writing, u cud have been nominated too...

Shame on you... Spits
Spits on ur conehead too grin
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Nyanabo(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
May our likes continue to blaze the trail on the world stage and make ourselves proud atball times. And those who wish to tarnish our image go down the drain of history 3ver forgotten, and (or) remembered for bad.

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tomek09:

Spits on ur conehead too grin

I'm nt in for tribal wars Pls...

Spits on Ur head too grin grin grin
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Tomek09(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

I don’t know why you minority tribe harbor such hate on Yoruba like this especially una from Edo state.

After insulting Edo, you will turn around to say they're closer to the Yorubas than Igbo because half of their population speak imaginary Yoruba. Spits
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:

Shame on you... Spits

You that can sell your birthright for crumbs, reserve that shame for when your kids grow up to see you branding yourself an idiot for money online

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:43pm On Aug 05, 2023
jeromestarks:

She did not use her pvssy to get nominated for the UK award. Did she?

How did u know?
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:44pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:
grin

Spits on Ur head again..

Stop showing us ur brother.... Why are you writing my name and giving it to Ur brother

2 Likes

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tomek09:

After insulting Edo, you will turn around to say they're closer to the Yorubas than Igbo because half of their population speak imaginary Yoruba. Spits

Oba of Benin dey craze. I am not part of those Yoruba that famz Benin for any of their origin.

Wetin concern me with Edo? How many una be for your minority tribe?

If you like speak Anago, na una business be that.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Tomek09(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
This award must be retrieved from her. Not well deserved.
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2023
Tomek09:

Aren't you guys tired of this tribal war?

It leads no where... Una no dey tire
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:

Spits on Ur head again..

Stop showing us ur brother.... Why are you writing my name and giving it to Ur brother

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you can brand yourself a baboon on the internet because of giveaway, Is it your own identity that you cannot deny? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by SpatialKing(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

I think there is only one Nigerian that actually won that Booker prize and her name is “ Bernardine Anne Mobolaji Evaristo”.

All the rest were just nominated and never had a chance to win it.

We are talking about Nigeria born writers of Nigerian citizenship

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Majority tribe with nothing to show for it aside motorpark collection levy. Good morning 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:49pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If you can brand yourself a baboon on the internet because of giveaway, Is it your own identity that you cannot deny? 🤣🤣🤣🤣
you think ur blackmail can work..

Me sef fit get person, write Ur moniker and upload..

Notin is hard on the internet.. Keep deceiving ursef grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by chatinent: 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
Go win it, queen.

I am proud of you.

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by spagettiluv: 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

Majority tribe with nothing to show for it aside motorpark collection levy. Good morning 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:52pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:
you think ur blackmail can work..

Me sef fit get person, write Ur moniker and upload..

Notin is hard on the internet.. Keep deceiving ursef grin grin grin grin grin

You get luck say na 2nd page be this.
Until next time, nor worry.
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 8:53pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

Lol 😂 imagine an Edo person dissing the almighty Yoruba tribe.

If you can give Oba of Benin the phone, me and him can banter.

By the way, that’s a weak comeback. Moto park collectors dey every state but Olosho in Italy are only produced by one state.

6 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian / Bode Asiyanbi Wins BBC Play-Writing Award / 22 Things To Know Before Posting Your Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.