Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,139 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award (10983 Views)

Ayobami Adebayo Wins Β£15,000 9mobile Prize For Literature / Chigozie Obioma β€œAn Orchestra Of Minorities" For 2019 Broker Prize Award / George Saunders Becomes 2nd American To Win Man Booker Prize (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Onogiede(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Oba of Benin dey craze. I am not part of those Yoruba that famz Benin for any of their origin.

Wetin concern me with Edo? How many una be for your minority tribe?

If you like speak Anago, na una business be that.
eee be like say ur generation wan lost,..that minority tribe is 1trillion X overshadowed ur so called tribe.
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 8:55pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

We are talking about Nigeria born writers of Nigerian citizenship

Her dad is Yoruba. Her grandfather is also Yoruba.

You mean her dad did not qualify her as a Nigerian?

What do you mean by Nigeria born? So someone must be born in Nigeria before they can claim blood ties?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by DenreleDave(m): 8:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

You get luck say na 2nd page be this.
Until next time, nor worry.
see what u did.. Very easy to do.. Na to find person hold for me..

U think I can fall for this grin grin grin

U r a kid just growing....

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 8:57pm On Aug 05, 2023
Onogiede:
eee be like say ur generation wan lost,..that minority tribe is 1trillion X overshadowed ur so called tribe.

Lol πŸ˜‚

Give una Oba of Benin nonentity the phone to banter with me.

A Yoruba boy bantering with an Edo minority will be an overkill.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol πŸ˜‚ imagine an Edo person dissing the almighty Yoruba tribe.

If you can give Oba of Benin the phone, me and him can banter.

By the way, that’s a weak comeback. Moto park collectors dey every state but Olosho in Italy are only produced by one state.

Your brother Idriss worst pass them. 🀣🀣🀣

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by SpatialKing(m): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

What do you mean by Nigeria born? So someone must be born in Nigeria before they can claim blood ties?

I'm going by your standards
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Onogiede(m): 9:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol πŸ˜‚ imagine an Edo person dissing the almighty Yoruba tribe.

If you can give Oba of Benin the phone, me and him can banter.

By the way, that’s a weak comeback. Moto park collectors dey every state but Olosho in Italy are only produced by one state.

if your sister get level make she go the Europe do the olosho instead of giving it out as bonus.

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by EtinosaDLaw(m): 9:05pm On Aug 05, 2023
DenreleDave:
see what u did.. Very easy to do.. Na to find person hold for me..

U think I can fall for this grin grin grin

U r a kid just growing....

Nor worry, the day I go catch you for frontpage, you go explain taya 🀣🀣🀣
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 9:06pm On Aug 05, 2023
Onogiede:
if your sister get level make she go the Europe do the olosho instead of giving it out as bonus.

Lol πŸ˜‚. She was not raised with poverty like most Edo girls.

I hear say all of them don turn baby mama finish for yahoo boys. Do you mean poverty is the reason why most Edo girls do prostitution in Italy?

Shame on Oba of Benin. Even his curse back them did not stop his people from selling kitten globally.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by LegendHero(m): 9:07pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:

I'm going by your standards

What is my standard?
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Acekidc4(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2023
SatanKeepOff:
must we associate tribe to every thread on NL?

I added Nigerian before the Tribe name πŸ™„πŸ™„

2 Likes

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Acekidc4(m): 9:11pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

If the woman was Igbo and an Igbo person simply commented "Igbo amaka", you and your ilk will come in here and start foaming from your mouths about how igbos love to brag and beat their chests, whereas you just wish you could do the same. The truth is that you're jealous that they have more bragging rights, and to you, bragging rights on the internet is very important.

Atleast add Nigerian before the Tribe name. Simple

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Corn247: 9:15pm On Aug 05, 2023
I wish you the best omoluabi

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Kemadealadire(f): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
Adire looks great on her😍 if you like what she is wearing and want one or more, you should send us a DMπŸ˜‰

2 Likes

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by aremubabs: 9:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:
Congratulations

Correct me if I'm wrong

I don't think any Nigerian has ever won the Booker Prize Award

Ben Okri won it in 1991.
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Senioreddy: 9:31pm On Aug 05, 2023
While some honest, talented and hardworking individuals be earnestly making us proud, our politicians and their rag tagged armies in the character of yahoo boys, are busy damaging our reputation globally.

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by ElSudani: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
SpatialKing:
Congratulations

Correct me if I'm wrong

I don't think any Nigerian has ever won the Booker Prize Award

Really? Ben Okri nko?
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by PureFace1(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2023
EtinosaDLaw:

If the woman was Igbo and an Igbo person simply commented "Igbo amaka", you and your ilk will come in here and start foaming from your mouths about how igbos love to brag and beat their chests, whereas you just wish you could do the same. The truth is that you're jealous that they have more bragging rights, and to you, bragging rights on the internet is very important.

You are just a bitter soul in so much pain

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by renderme: 9:18am On Aug 06, 2023
LegendHero:

He doesn't know the Evaristo family are like the dasilvas in Lagos.
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by renderme: 9:20am On Aug 06, 2023
LegendHero:

Lol πŸ˜‚. She was not raised with poverty like most Edo girls.

I hear say all of them don turn baby mama finish for yahoo boys. Do you mean poverty is the reason why most Edo girls do prostitution in Italy?

Shame on Oba of Benin. Even his curse back them did not stop his people from selling kitten globally.

Dt person Ur talking to is Igbo and not Edo. It's one of their monikers they use to try brainwashing Nigerians against yorubas.

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Tompson88: 9:54am On Aug 06, 2023
Your words is directly directed to me,critics may bring you down if you are not focused enough but once you are strong your bravery will later be adored and envied
remsonik:
Congratulations Ayobami,greater heights for you in Jesus name. How I wish I can get this things too. You grow big by starting small. You know you have 'A spell of good things' and you're being mocked and criticised by people for hawking your goods, working hard,farming and earning little as a graduate.Then tomorrow you start earning big from your handwork and become the Dangote,Otedola,Bill Gates in the world

1 Like

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Bloomstores: 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Congrats Ayobami. Great job! This your adire agbada looks great on you. And that your smile ehn, o leku gidigan cheesy
Here's wishing you the crown and hearty celebrations!
God bless you! Thank you for bringing us honour.

Please how can one buy the hard copy of this book in Lagos? Please help. Regards.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

You can get copies from Rovingheights Bookstore. Check them out on Instagram - @rovingheights
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by folake4u(f): 1:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
Ishilove:
It is comforting to see people still read books. The fuckery happening on Nairaland almost convinced me otherwise

Hahaha. Ishi, social media is quite different from reality. A lot of people still read books actually. I know of people buying hard cover of books or having a particular book as a birthday wishlist from Roving Heights book store.

And if it's not hard covers, there are soft copies readily available. cheesy

Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Ishilove: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2023
folake4u:

Hahaha. Ishi, social media is quite different from reality. A lot of people still read books actually. I know of people buying hard cover of books or having a particular book as a birthday wishlist from Roving Heights book store.

Yes, I am being reminded smiley
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by folake4u(f): 2:25pm On Aug 06, 2023
Ishilove:

Yes, I am being reminded smiley

grin grin
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Purvan(m): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
folake4u:

You read boring books fr

What genre of books do you read btw?
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by folake4u(f): 3:47pm On Aug 06, 2023
Purvan:

You read boring books fr

What genre of books do you read btw?

Lol. I like "Boring".

Fiction, Autobiography, Legal, Thriller/Suspense, Crime, Comics, Children's literature etc.
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by sharliz(f): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2023
Please if you have this book, kindly send it to me... I started it already but I lost some files.

Thank you
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by Purvan(m): 5:14pm On Aug 06, 2023
folake4u:

Lol. I like "Boring".

Fiction, Autobiography, Legal, Thriller/Suspense, Crime, Comics, Children's literature etc.

Read child of God by McCarthy
Re: Ayobami Adebayo Nominated For 2023 Booker Prize Award by folake4u(f): 5:19pm On Aug 06, 2023
Purvan:

Read child of God by McCarthy

Merci beaucoup, Monsieur.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Divorce Papers / Reincarnation / Letter To The Extroverts, From Sassynigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.