Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette (40629 Views)

Tinubu Files Emergency Appeal To Block Chicago University From Releasing Records / Ministerial Nominee, Sani Danladi Barred By Supreme Court From Political Office / Tinubu Files Suit To Stop LP, PDP From Halting Results’ Collation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Tareq1105: 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
chaloskyx:
The question is does it hurt to do so if you apply for a job wont you show them your certificates

Of course if his records were not released he couldn't have worked with reputable multinational corporation like ExxonMobil.

You think Tinubu could have worked with ExxonMobil with a female certificate?

My guy think about it.

Atiku is neither his employer nor INEC. The same energy Atiku deployed to look for the forfeiture charges against Tinubu in Illinois. David Hundeyin, Jackson Ude, Reno Omokri with hired attorney and others went everywhere in US but couldn't find. They came back disappointed.

Reno Omokri had advised him on this certificate saga but he would not drop it. He was not satisfied with how things went at the Tribunal so he moved to US.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Chummynoni(m): 10:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tareq1105:

He's only exercising his rights by making Atiku to spend more.
well, maybe sha👍🏾
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by emmaodet: 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:

He didn’t even travel to US with a male name

If not for tribalism Tinubu is not even qualified to be a WhatsApp group admin

grin grin

Chaii
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by plaindealer: 10:10pm On Aug 07, 2023
Atiku's lawyer are trolling to collect his money, nothing more because academic records are protected records.

1st, The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Student academic records cannot be released without the student's or the parent's consent, not even by the school if the school collects federal funds, Chicago State collects federal funds.

2. The Privacy Act of 1974, is the law that Tinubu's lawyers based their argument on.

The school collects federal funding so they won't release anything unless President Tinubu consents.

There are just too many privacy laws in America so this is a silly and pointless errand ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Exceed15: 10:11pm On Aug 07, 2023
drlateef:
See wailings all over the place. Tinubu has his picture on graduate list. He was even a graduate assistant teaching his classmates. His senior colleague in same attested to that. Atiku is just wasting all the stolen money he acquired while being vice president. The Americans will swoop on him. He will pay heavy fines for needless lawsuits.

Then to Shame atiku he should allow it to be released.. why blocking it?
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Issues40(m): 10:12pm On Aug 07, 2023
I ask again
Aren't we all doomed in this country?
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by shimolv: 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2023
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by plaindealer: 10:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tareq1105:

He's only exercising his rights by making Atiku to spend more.

They missed the point because of their own shallow understanding of the law and personal privacy.

The fact that I have nothing o hide doesn't mean I should throw away my rights and let any riff-raf access my personal records.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by egoldman(m): 10:18pm On Aug 07, 2023
NaijaNaWaa:

First, if he has nothing to hide, why block it? If I'm in his shoes, I'd gladly ask the university to make my academic records public to defend my integrity.

Second, if he's the one that graduated from CSU, on what grounds is he going to seek protection under the 1974 Privacy Law?

You can now see why Peter Obi would always say go and verify, as he has nothing to hide, can you imagine Peter Obi asking any of the school s he attended to block access to his records?

Mahmood Yakubu e no better for you oooh, that money wey you collect to select evil for Nigeria will hang for your throat.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Mrpojj(m): 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2023
[quote author=Tareq1105 post=124954912][/quote]
Ok
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by MasterofNL: 10:22pm On Aug 07, 2023
drlateef:
See wailings all over the place. Tinubu has his picture on graduate list. He was even a graduate assistant teaching his classmates. His senior colleague in same attested to that. Atiku is just wasting all the stolen money he acquired while being vice president. The Americans will swoop on him. He will pay heavy fines for needless lawsuits.

Then why is he so afraid to have the University release his records and shame Atiku?
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 10:40pm On Aug 07, 2023
allthingsgood:

Okay thank you. I love him like that grin
No wonder the country is like this. We love celebrating thieves
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Shantyken(m): 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2023
This tinubu 8years presidency go send some people to early grave ooo I swear.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Excuzeme: 11:01pm On Aug 07, 2023
AntiTerrorist:
Tinubu's body language shows this is true. If he has no skeleton in his cupboard, he won't have been blocking every avenue to clear his battered image. The documented narcotic trafficker is also a certificate and identity thief. Confirmed!

Ordinary School Record, should not require this sort of stiff resistance naah?

Tinubu himself should be proud to display his School Record, for someone that worked for Mobil Oil, a former Governor and Senator.

Except if the whole thing was built on Forgery and Identity Theft.
We really need to get to the bottom of this, the way we got to the bottom of the Mnesoma Jamb Result Saga.
If "Elders" can unmask and punish a young girl for attempted fraud, then the elderly too, have to live by example.
Full Disclosure, nothing less

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by int0x80(m): 11:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
Tinubu, knowing how dirty he is, why did he even contest for president? Just like Donald Trump, now he's being dragged up and down. Tinubu is lucky that Nigeria is so corrupt and no one is going to indict him.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by DaddyJapan(m): 11:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
MasterofNL:

Then why is he so afraid to have the University release his records and shame Atiku?

He already has though.

At the resumed session on Tuesday, Wole Olanipekun, counsel to Tinubu and Shettima, tendered several documents in their defence, including the president’s academic documents from the Chicago State University.

The documents tendered are itemised below.

1. A letter from the Nigeria police to the United States embassy dated February 3, 2023.
2. A letter from the United States embassy to the Nigeria police dated February 4, 2023.
[b3.] 12 documents of the 2nd respondent (Tinubu) containing educational records from the Chicago State University.[/b]
Six documents detailing US visas and immigration documents between 2011 and 2021. All were duly certified by the Nigeria Immigration Service on July 3, 2023.
4. Copy of reports of the committee on the location of the federal capital territory of Nigeria. The document is certified by the Archives and History Bureau of the FCT, with payment receipts attached dated April 13, 2023.
5. A copy of form EC8D for Kano state in respect of the February 25th presidential election.
6. A copy of form EC8D(A) in respect of the February 25th presidential election.
7. Originating summons in SC/CV/354/2023 dated February 28, 2023, filed by the AGs of Adamawa, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo and Sokoto states.
Items nine to 14 tendered were copies of different national newspapers.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-opens-defence-at-tribunal-tenders-academic-records-from-chicago-state-university

He is within his right to challenge Atiku's latest fishing exercise not only because the privacy law he referenced affords him this benefit, but also to discourage opportunistic Musas, Adewales and Obinnas from making a mockery of Nigeria's highest seat of government in future.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Excuzeme: 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
plaindealer:

They missed the point because of their own shallow understanding of the law and personal privacy.

The fact that I have nothing o hide doesn't mean I should throw away my rights and let any riff-raf access my personal records.

Public Figures like Politicians, while holding Office", cannot claim Privacy Concern, on their Academic Records.

Such concern can only be claimed on Medical Records, get your facts right, please.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Sammylong45: 11:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
taylor88:

He didn’t even travel to US with a male name

If not for tribalism Tinubu is not even qualified to be a WhatsApp group admin

Stop naw😂
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by DaddyJapan(m): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
I really do not understand Atiku and his advisers here.
Are we to believe that Tinubu also misrepresented the time he spent at the Richard J Daley College? An institution that considered him worthy enough to deliver a speech in 2002?

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Sammylong45: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
Newton2024:
Bola Tinubu files motion to block U.S. court from releasing his Chicago university records to Atiku Abubakar

The Nigerian president argued his academic records should not be released because they fell under a 1974 privacy law for American students.

ADEFEMOLA AKINTADE • AUGUST 7, 2023
https://gazettengr.com/bola-tinubu-files-motion-to-block-u-s-court-from-releasing-his-chicago-university-records-to-atiku-abubakar/?utm_source=operamini&utm_medium=feednews&utm_campaign=operamini_feednews
Ebola Tinubu is a plaque on Nigerian's🙂

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Excuzeme: 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2023
DaddyJapan:

He already has though.

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/tinubu-opens-defence-at-tribunal-tenders-academic-records-from-chicago-state-university

He is within his right to challenge Atiku's latest fishing exercise not only because the privacy law he referenced affords him this benefit, but also to discourage opportunistic Musas, Adewales and Obinnas from making a mockery of Nigeria's highest seat of government in future.

He has already made a mockery of that highest Office, by refusing to have full disclosure on his Records.
Everyone is looking at him with a tainted eye and wondering whether it is a fraudster and identity thief that is occupying the highest office in the land!
What mockery can be greater than that?
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by allthingsgood: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
No wonder the country is like this. We love celebrating thieves

Yes o. Ntoorrr grin
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by Excuzeme: 11:14pm On Aug 07, 2023
DaddyJapan:
I really do not understand Atiku and his advisers here.
Are we to believe that Tinubu also misrepresented the time he spent at the Richard J Daley College? An institution that considered him worthy enough to deliver a speech in 2002?

Let me explain a "possibility" to you:

If you successfully[b] steal someone's identity at SS3 level[/b] and that person is dead, you can continue to build on such identity, in legal steps by using his Result to write Jamb, Pass and enter University and even do Phd. and become the HOD of a Dept in the University.

Does all that mean you did not steal someone's identity, at the begining?
And there is remuor that the Student at the CSU was a Female, why not bring out the documents and let the world know if you are being maligned?
The more he hides, the more he convinces Onlookers that his identity is rooted in Fraud.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by DaddyJapan(m): 11:16pm On Aug 07, 2023
Excuzeme:

He has already made a mockery of that highest Office, by refusing to have full disclosure on his Records.
Everyone is looking at him with a tainted eye and wondering whether it is a fraudster and identity thief that is occupying the highest office in the land!
What mockery can be greater than that?

Go back and read the post you responded to again.
He submitted his records to the tribunal.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by DaddyJapan(m): 11:20pm On Aug 07, 2023
Excuzeme:

Let me explain a "possibility" to you:

If you successfully[b] steal someone's identity at SS3 level[/b] and that person is dead, you can continue to build on such identity, in legal steps by using his Result to write Jamb, Pass and enter University and even do Phd. and become the HOD of a Dept in the University.

Does all that mean you did not steal someone's identity, at the begining?
And there is remuor that the Student at the CSU was a Female, why not bring out the documents and let the world know if you are being maligned?
The more he hides, the more he convinces Onlookers that his identity is rooted in Fraud.

Richard J Daley college has never repudiated his assertion that he graduated from that college - fact.
The Chicago State University has repeatedly made it clear that his is an alumnus - fact.

With the above in mind, what makes you think I give a rat's arse about the jaundiced and wholly subjective opinion of Excuzeme?
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by DaddyJapan(m): 11:23pm On Aug 07, 2023
If you are going attack the man, come correct. Marshall your arguments well, and then I might listen.
Clutching at straws and making bellicose noises, just because you can, is infantile behaviour. cool
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by atuagbo: 11:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
He travelled to US with Oluwole passport. During that time there was no biometric stuff, you can use anybody passport to japa and continue to bear the person name. Tinubu na criminal.
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by ojonugba2014(m): 11:32pm On Aug 07, 2023
Lol .. defending this man is like trying to defend a thief wea them catch red handed with stolen items
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by freeborn02: 11:36pm On Aug 07, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Tinubu is right

The Nigerian president argued his academic records should not be released because they fell under a 1974 privacy law for American students.

Tinubu is protected by the 1974 privacy law for students who schooled in the USA.

Chicago state university confirmed the president of Nigeria attended and graduated with distinction and he also presented his BSc to INEC as his highest qualification while obi presented his GCE result as his highest qualification.

No, Chicago state university said someone named tinubu Bola attended their school. They didn't state the gender of that student.

If tinubu has nothing to hide, he won't oppose the move
Re: Tinubu Files Motion To Block US Court From Releasing University Records- Gazette by freeborn02: 11:41pm On Aug 07, 2023
drlateef:

Why is he opposing the move if he has nothing to lose?

Have you asked your deceptive Islamic head that question?

Oh, I forgot that the Arabian idol, allah, that you serve permits you to lie to defend anything or anyone related to your religion.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Reuben Abati Remarries Wife, Lara (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.