Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill (21805 Views)

Ghana’s Parliament Passes Anti-Gay, LGBTQ Bill / Ajaypal Singh Banga Is Sole Nominee For World Bank Presidency / US To Review Funding To WHO Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by gloryman91: 6:03pm On Aug 09, 2023
Endtime suffering useless loans.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
Iamzik:

Yes we like our corruption and tribalism
Let the west keep their homosexlity. Is it by force?
They are not forcing you to accept shit,since you stated your policies, they also stated theirs
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Jungleluv5: 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
This is total rubbish let us stay on our own and we stop depending on this forgotten sinners who wants to desecrate our culture what is man is man relationship all know is Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Seylad2009(m): 6:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
contigiency:
Useless antichrist. I have always known that you guys representing; America, Israel, France and UK are the worst human beings the earth has ever inhabited. That's why I keep saying that if you remove, America, Israel, France and UK, sanity and morality will return to the world.
You should add Pakistan and Iran.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by MisterRuk(m): 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
What's up with World Bank and their self righteous agenda? Despite laws protecting human rights, gross human right violations occur in Uganda on a daily basis yet world bank never sanctions them. Even if they reverse their anti-gay bill gay people would not be protected by the law. Where human right is not recognized, gay right would not be recognized.
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Iamzik: 6:12pm On Aug 09, 2023
Flamemignon1:

They are not forcing you to accept shit,since you stated your policies, they also stated theirs

We are not forcing them either. Yes let keep their money. That is Africa's policy. No to homosexuality!!

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by emmnprince(m): 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2023
World bank called itself "world bank" yet can't respect individual nation differences.

The LGBTQ community are not relenting their effort to saturate the world with their unbecoming lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Mckandre(m): 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2023
Ladyhippolyta88:

Guy keep quiet.
I told you that BRICS is not a serious organisation gave you a reason because countries that don't have much value or hold power are on it and cannot do much. You could not counter this but instead pivoted to western media because you are clueless on the issue.
I read about BRICS and knows its a joke that is why I gave an opinion in the first place but how would you know this? You think I just give opinions without facts like you?
Leave my mentions biko.
u called russia,china, saudi Arabia powerless? Gaffe of the century. Do u know the economic and nuclear might of China and Russia alone as of today ? U need to travel wide to know this,u think everyone is as encompassed as u in this shit hole country, Sister ure in the dark. I pray u remember this day u were told about being in the dark when u finally realise it grin grin
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by shimolv: 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2023
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:34pm On Aug 09, 2023
Iamzik:

We are not forcing them either. Yes let keep their money. That is Africa's policy. No to homosexuality!!
Ok but y'all should stop hiding under the "dignity" umbrella because if Africa had one,things like this wouldn't be happening
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2023
12inchess:
I swear I have nothing against gay people but this is big time hypocrisy. I guess it should no longer be called world bank but western ideals world bank. Make it make sense. angry angry angry. Homosexuality became legal in U.S just 20 years ago ooooo. Just f iing 20 years.
You have nothing against them yet you agreed with the bill when it was introduced
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by masseratti: 6:39pm On Aug 09, 2023
Fake news by useless propagandas,the world bank has no such mandate in it's article,to stop grants ,loans to member nations because of gay laws,this news is totally fake op should post it's source please,in the world the numbers of countries with anti gay laws surpass those who supports gays even on the board of world bank .stop spreading fake news please.

2 Likes

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 09, 2023
MrBrownJay1:
THE WEST ARE SOME OF THE BIGGEST NARROW MINDED HYPOCRITES ON EARTH... thats why they can only try to force their yeye gay agenda on African countries.

why didnt they try to enforce their homosexual agenda in Qatar during the world cup? why dont they do the same in Saudi Arabia?!
BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES!
Y'all keep going about this argument without researching facts. Ok,let me school you on why the middle east or the Arab world isn't receiving this same treatment,as homophobic as the Arab world is,they are not persecuting people for "identifying" as gay,you are only persecuted when caught, queer books are even allowed in some of the countries and they even have LGBTQ NGOs that operate openly such as outright and rainbow street,queer people are not denied healthcare because of their identity now compare that with the Ugandan anti gay laws that puts up a jail term for just "identifying" as gay not to talk about the jail term for forming any queer non profit organization......now,do you know the difference? Ok,you are welcome
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by iyke2frankeze: 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
All prowestern uchins should come and defend their masters.

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:49pm On Aug 09, 2023
Segzy19:
Eish! They can no longer hide it.

They want to force their own sexual ideas, orientations and conditions on others... That makes no sense to me. Since when did sexual orientation/idea becomes one of the conditions for financial engagements? Surely, World Bank has an agenda...

Homosexuals account for less than 1% of the Uganda's population and even the world's population. So how can the rights of the very tiny minority (<1%) deprive the very big majority (> 99%) of their own deserved rights? Is this the democracy the west preaches.. See why African countries are ditching 'their democracy', right!
Who started conversion therapy to force your sexuality on others because of your hate? Who started persecuting people that are minding their business all in the name of religion? By the time we are done with you,then you will know the anger we felt for all those years for the heartless things you did to us,this is just the tip,you have no idea what's coming

Also,"of their own deserved rights"? If the 1% don't get those rights because of your hate then the 99% don't get any,go work on your hellhole of a continent to avoid insults like these
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Calitoscassius(m): 6:50pm On Aug 09, 2023
You bloody hyporcritical Afreekans, Naigerians in particular grin.

The US supports Ukraine against Russia you love the US for that

The US refuses Uganda loans because of their human rights violations of gay, now you gate the US for that grin grin grin confusion or what?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:53pm On Aug 09, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You bloody hyporcritical Afreekans, Naigerians in particular grin.

The US supports Ukraine against Russia you love the US for that

The US refuses Uganda loans because of their human rights violations of gay, now you gate the US for that grin grin grin confusion or what?
Oh,they hate the US for supporting Ukraine as they advocate for mother Russia
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 09, 2023
Quintessence44:
“Unless you support your men fcking their fellow men in the butt hole we won’t lend you money.”

What a disgusting and evil blackmail.
It's obvious majority of you haters don't know what love is,sex is what you mistake for love no wonder you are with women that don't love you
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Mckandre:
The west thinks they re still in position to sanction nations lol grin sooner or later many countries will queue in line to join BRICS to have equal rights to their own resources and shun imperialism, and that power dollar think it has will collapse,what am i even saying ? Shït is already happening. We respect our human values more than u think down here,thank u very much! grin
From one master to another,what a shame the continent has become
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:57pm On Aug 09, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Y'all keep going about this argument without researching facts. Ok,let me school you on why the middle east or the Arab world isn't receiving this same treatment,as homophobic as the Arab world is,they are not persecuting people for "identifying" as gay,you are only persecuted when caught, queer books are even allowed in some of the countries and they even have LGBTQ NGOs that operate openly such as outright and rainbow street,queer people are not denied healthcare because of their identity now compare that with the Ugandan anti gay laws that puts up a jail term for just "identifying" as gay not to talk about the jail term for forming any queer non profit organization......now,do you know the difference? Ok,you are welcome

ARRANT YEYE NONSENSE!!!
during the world cup, NOBODY could go on the pitch wearing anything remotely linked to lgbt, or face the wrath of Qatar... and the whole world stood by and accepted it. we ALL know what the agenda is, but most importantly, who are you (the west) to think you can dictate what others do in their own countries?! when Africans allow polygamy in Africa and then go to the west, the west refuses to allow these people to live their polygamous lifestyle in the west (aka marry multiple wives), but now these same hypocrites want to turn around and force Africans to accept their own selfish western lifestyles?!?!? how can you not see the hipocrisy in such agenda?!?!

anyone has the right to decide what LAWS should be implemented in their countries (as long as voted by the people), and whether the west likes it or not, is irrelevant to African countries.

3 Likes

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Calitoscassius(m): 7:00pm On Aug 09, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Oh,they hate the US for supporting Ukraine as they advocate for mother Russia
That is quite contrary to what i read on here and have being reading since Russia/Ukraine invasion, they claimed also that Ukraine is a sovereign nation and that Russia should not be invading Ukraine
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by pachigo001(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
Why do westerners always like to push their rubbish agenda to Africa
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2023
MrBrownJay1:

ARRANT YEYE NONSENSE!!!
during the world cup, NOBODY could go on the pitch wearing anything remotely linked to lgbt, or face the wrath of Qatar... and the whole world stood by and accepted it. we ALL know what the agenda is, but most importantly, who are you (the west) to think you can dictate what others do in their own countries?! when Africans allow polygamy in Africa and then go to the west, the west refuses to allow these people to live their polygamous lifestyle in the west (aka marry multiple wives), but now these same hypocrites want to turn around and force Africans to accept their own selfish western lifestyles?!?!? how can you not see the hipocrisy in such agenda?!?!

anyone has the right to decide what LAWS should be implemented in their countries (as long as voted by the people), and whether the west likes it or not, is irrelevant to African countries.
Polygamory is legal,just the marriage part of it that's banned and look at how you framed polyamory to polygamy to favor only men,how on earth is that equality? Also, homosexuality isn't a western lifestyle, homophobia is what was invented to us with their religion but y'all refuse to escape from the shackles of white supremacy so another topic for another day and I don't see any hypocrisy in that because even it's not even allowed for queer people.

If your laws are made from hate for a particular minority because they are different then it deserves all the criticism it gets, moreover you saying homosexuality is irrelevant to African countries is disingenuous because queer people exists,to deny them the same rights that straight people enjoy is stitched in hate
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by pachigo001(m): 7:05pm On Aug 09, 2023
There agenda is to reduce African population with there lgbt agenda
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
Calitoscassius:
That is quite contrary to what i read on here and have being reading since Russia/Ukraine invasion, they claimed also that Ukraine is a sovereign nation and that Russia should not be invading Ukraine
Are you sure because I keep seeing the opposite? For example,writerng and ihordspy will tell people to like for Russia and share for NATO/Ukraine and the likes will be ×10 of the shares
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2023
pachigo001:
There agenda is to reduce African population with there lgbt agenda
You think queer people don't have kids? Lol
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by onlyboyson(m): 7:10pm On Aug 09, 2023
Keep ur useless money
That's how una confused Libya and kill Gaddafi
LGBTQ my foot

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Calitoscassius(m): 7:11pm On Aug 09, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Are you sure because I keep seeing the opposite? For example,writerng and ihordspy will tell people to like for Russia and share for NATO/Ukraine and the likes will be ×10 of the shares
I am, those 2 and their likes and shares are just small numbers compared to the huge number of Supporters of the US against Russia
Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Iamzik: 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Ok but y'all should stop hiding under the "dignity" umbrella because if Africa had one,things like this wouldn't be happening

We have dignity and self respect. If you are so sympathetic to homosexuals you can relocate please. Our culture is different from the west and I find it repugnant that you or them are trying to shove it down our necks.

Tell America and Canada to legalize polygamy first then we can have a discussion

1 Like

Re: World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill by Flamemignon1(m): 7:13pm On Aug 09, 2023
blowjohn:
That's why I like Trump.
No time for gay nonsense.

Biden shud go to hell with his gay tendencies.
Him and Quincy Jones
Trump supported the LGBTQ community,he was the first president to appoint a gay man Richard Grenell to his cabinet even before Biden and he has three gay bars in Florida so choose who you say you like well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Vaughan Gething To Become Wales' First Black Leader / Donald Trump: Joe Biden Is An Enemy Of the State (Video) / Robert Foster Insists On Chaperone For Interview With Larrison Campbell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.