Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,843 members, 7,851,858 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:24 AM

France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic (14196 Views)

African Union Backs ECOWAS Resolutions On Niger Republic / ECOWAS Imposes More Sanctions On Niger / France, US Ask Their Citizens To Leave Russia Immediately (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by onlyboyson(m): 7:58am On Aug 11, 2023
Wicked set of colonial idiots
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by sunboy(m): 8:08am On Aug 11, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
I have no respect for France. I have no reason to respect a Sovereign Thief who steals Uranium and Gold from Niger.

The United States should move their military base out of Niger, so should France.

Europe's attempt to salvage themselves from cold using Nigerian Gas with pipeline routed through Niger and Algeria to Europe will be super priced and would not be cheap.

By bombing Russian Nord Stream gas pipeline to Europe, the only hope of Europe is now the Niger Delta Gas, of which I am am directly, as a Niger Deltan, the provider of Salvation.

I am glad to extend my help to Nigeria and Europe with my Gas, but USA, Russia and France should get the fucck away from West Africa.

President Tinubu has a job, and a tasking one, and it is to make the West to beg for gas, what ever we do, we must get France out of West Africa.

You’re contradicting yourself. Helping Europe but not France lol France and Germany make up the EU, So EU = France.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by Johel(m): 8:09am On Aug 11, 2023
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by LajaLaba: 8:12am On Aug 11, 2023
orion7:
Yourubas calling people cowards ? That’s rich. Dirty cowardly oily tribe
U are a coward IPOB man....Big mouth little action....Coward!!!!!
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by vacanci: 8:14am On Aug 11, 2023
tishbite42:
Tinubu the French puppet
Wehdone sir
Make sure sey na Fulani, Hausa and Yoruba go be the bulk of the infantry wey u go send there.

For the Igbos, God wants to punish our enemies
Make we just siddon
look

Have you seen the headline below?

Igbos In Niger Republic Protest Against Proposed Military Action By Tinubu-led ECOWAS

Nigerians of Southeast extraction who live in the Niger Republic have protested against the proposed military action against coup leaders in Niger by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) led by Nigerian President Bola Tinubu.

https://saharareporters.com/2023/08/08/igbos-niger-republic-protest-against-proposed-military-action-tinubu-led-ecowas
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by justmi1: 8:17am On Aug 11, 2023
festacman:
ECOWAS led by President Tinubu will NOT invade Niger. Tinubu, as a politician, can NEVER ignore the clearly-communicated opposition of the Northern political and religious leaders to military action against their kits and kins in Niger.

I believe what is currently playing out is a hybrid of brinkmanship and psychological warfare. It serves the dual purpose of putting pressure on Junta in Niger and making US and France happy.
nice one bro, most people don't know what it takes to be president. You have to project strength. Deploying or threatening to deploy military assets doesn't necessarily means they would engage. Warfare is mainly psychological.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by BreconHills(m): 8:32am On Aug 11, 2023
tishbite42:
Tinubu the French puppet
Wehdone sir
Make sure sey na Fulani, Hausa and Yoruba go be the bulk of the infantry wey u go send there.

For the Igbos, God wants to punish our enemies
Make we just siddon look

France supported Biafra during the war. It provided intelligence on Nigeria Navy efforts to blockade Biafra as well as provided humanitarian assistance.

Today because France and President Tinubu are on the same page on a single point, France has become the enemy of Biafra.

The friend of my enemy is my enemy is a truism of sorts but you should be honest enough to know that in the case of France it is not true. France and Nigeria will continue to be at loggerheads in the sub region. They are only temporarily United.

It seems that once the issue of igbo and Biafra comes up, people lose their ability to reason.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by obailala(m): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2023
Despite all internal opposition, I have a feeling Tinubu is hell bent on going to war to please the west.

They (US, France etc) must have promised to help legitimise his illegitimate presidency if he goes to war on their behalf.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by obailala(m): 8:52am On Aug 11, 2023
festacman:
ECOWAS led by President Tinubu will NOT invade Niger. Tinubu, as a politician, can NEVER ignore the clearly-communicated opposition of the Northern political and religious leaders to military action against their kits and kins in Niger.

I believe what is currently playing out is a hybrid of brinkmanship and psychological warfare. It serves the dual purpose of putting pressure on Junta in Niger and making US and France happy.
With all internal and regional opposition against a military intervention, I have a feeling Tinubu's determined to go to war cos he was promised something by the west. A promise to support/legitimise his presidency is all Tinubu needs to unleash hell on Niger; he doesnt need support of the northern politicians anymore.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by festacman(m): 8:56am On Aug 11, 2023
obailala:
With all internal and regional opposition against a military intervention, I have a feeling Tinubu's determined to go to war cos he was promised something by the west. A promise to support/legitimise his presidency is all Tinubu needs to unleash hell on Niger; he doesnt need support of the northern politicians anymore.

You mean he doesn't need Northern legislators in NASS to govern smoothly? He doesn't need them for his 2nd term?
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by Calitoscassius(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2023
Burob:
Na sit @ home You dey for East, you no fit leave house.

Who needs cowards way they fear ordinary civilians like themselves?

Shameless Thing.
grin grin grin well.. start getting ready to go fight war in Niger, go waste your bloody hopeless life for the US and France. Clearly you have nothing to lose.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by obailala(m): 8:57am On Aug 11, 2023
festacman:

You mean he doesn't need Northern legislators in NASS to govern smoothly? He doesn't need them for his 2nd term?
He believes he already got the most important thing he needs from them. Their
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by Alexrayz(m): 9:05am On Aug 11, 2023
politicoNG:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g-A7yQwFBE&
US Secretary of State, Antony Blinken

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/blinken-says-us-backs-ecowas-efforts-on-niger/amp/

ny question is why the first coup ecowas nor talk put d second they nor talk y na this one they eye come be even America and France lol they no longer hide thier greed again

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/dossiers-pays/niger/evenements/article/niger-communique-du-ministere-de-l-europe-et-des-affaires-etrangeres-10-08-23

Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by Relevant123: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2023
Junta should kill Bazoum if they do anyhow......,useless moffos!!

just because of the natural resources they are gaining,they will talk as if they care about africa

Their ashiri has opened already,we all know who they are,just that our leaders here are ass lickers

But very soon e go over them, E sure die, a lot of us are ready to fight now unlike then.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by bjdon: 9:18am On Aug 11, 2023
France and US can support ECOWAS all they want.

The simple truth is there will be NO WAR. The Nigerian People do not want it, especially the North. Let the US and France go and fight the war if they want
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by nedekid: 9:19am On Aug 11, 2023
festacman:

Psychological warfare? If he thinks that will work on the Niger coupist. He better know he is not dealing with simple minded Nigerians. Nigerians you address them incoherently, saying blablablu, blublaba, huhhh huhhh and they will clap in ecstacy.
I your opinion, he wount go to war? Lets pray you are right ohh. Because at the rate he is going, seeking some sort of validation from the west, like play like play, na so e de start.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by zeyt: 9:24am On Aug 11, 2023
That is exactly what the west want us to doing: turn each other and one another apart. Tunibu has lost his sense of reasoning for choosing to go militarily against the junta. This so called Democracy he want ECOWAS to restored in Niger is not worth going to war against our close and friendly neighbor. This Democracy is not ideal to our lives here in sub Saharan Africa. It is Western imposition through threats of sanctions and embargo.
Ask your self a simple question: why the was hasn't imposed this Democracy to countries like China Saudi Arabia and others. They have there own system that best served to fulfill their aspirations. What is good of this democracy here in Nigeria. First it is very costly to run: It gulfed billions of dollars for elections alone. The national assembly ended with more than thirty percent of national cake. Secondly: Free and fair election is non existent in Nigeria. In short Democracy in sub Saharan Africa is best described as bastardized.
So Tunibu should not see this war as a holy war or a moral responsibility. Here doing it because of his ego.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by lexy2014: 9:28am On Aug 11, 2023
The hands of Esau but the voice of Jacob.

Why does the US and France not show the same seriousness against bad governance and poverty in Africa?
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by THeUNIFIER: 9:35am On Aug 11, 2023
Burob:
Na sit @ home You dey for East, you no fit leave house.

Who needs cowards way they fear ordinary civilians like themselves?

Shameless Thing.

You're wrong! The majority of Igbos support the motion otherwise it would've ended a long time ago. Mind you this is a family affair, no Fulani or Yoruba can brazenly lay siege of the East. Dem no born Dem well
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by tishbite42: 9:42am On Aug 11, 2023
BreconHills:

France supported Biafra during the war. It provided intelligence on Nigeria Navy efforts to blockade Biafra as well as provided humanitarian assistance.

Today because France and President Tinubu are on the same page on a single point, France has become the enemy of Biafra.

The friend of my enemy is my enemy is a truism of sorts but you should be honest enough to know that in the case of France it is not true. France and Nigeria will continue to be at loggerheads in the sub region. They are only temporarily United.

It seems that once the issue of igbo and Biafra comes up, people lose their ability to reason.
I fully understand your point
But we should be all objective
Have the French been fair to us Black Africans?!
Let's be real bro
Or you think they supported Biafra for nothing?
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by tishbite42: 9:43am On Aug 11, 2023
THeUNIFIER:

You're wrong! The majority of Igbos support the motion otherwise it would've ended a long time ago. Mind you this is a family affair, no Fulani or Yoruba can brazenly lay siege of the East. Dem no born Dem well
That's what they don't understand
Infact they're angry and scared because the struggle is going violent
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by BreconHills(m): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2023
tishbite42:

I fully understand your point
But we should be all objective
Have the French been fair to us Black Africans?!
Let's be real bro
Or you think they supported Biafra for nothing?

Nigeria has always been an opponent of France in the SW sub region. Allying with them on the question of Niger does not change that.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by casualobserver: 9:52am On Aug 11, 2023
You know you are on the wrong path when the US and France are backing you.

1 Like

Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by orion7: 9:53am On Aug 11, 2023
Nayturalistic:

Yes EWU.. Yeebos are the biggest cowards of the century., and all your weaknesses are now out for the whole world to see..

Awon Eni Adanu
lol na bb call una coward
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by Desammyst(m): 9:54am On Aug 11, 2023
festacman:

I think you're right on this one. I am beginning to get a picture of what is happening...
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by seunayantokun(m): 10:24am On Aug 11, 2023
Why won't a devil France back such thing?
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by winterbell: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2023
LG 65 Inch available
Very neat 6 months old
Location Rivers State
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by manchyme: 11:10am On Aug 11, 2023
tishbite42:

You Yorubas are deceitful
Baying for a war because it is far from your territory
Sha, na so two of una dey plan Python Dance series for us
God don prepare una own
As for a sucessful operation and mission, God and history will judge
grin grin grin

when you realize that this military intervention is about ECOWAS and not Tinubu, then I'll start taking you serious.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by manchyme: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2023
LuQuLuQu:

At least in your delirium you admitted Igbos are the wisest
Truly you're dull but I didn't know it's this obvious
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by godofuck231: 11:32am On Aug 11, 2023
When buhari called for an ecowas joint military intervention in bornu they refused , now tinubu stupidly has agreed to rape his own brothers wife because of his political blackmail files shown to him , the head is indeed sick
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by fxexperts: 11:50am On Aug 11, 2023
TheBillyonaire:
I have no respect for France. I have no reason to respect a Sovereign Thief who steals Uranium and Gold from Niger.

The United States should move their military base out of Niger, so should France.

Europe's attempt to salvage themselves from cold using Nigerian Gas with pipeline routed through Niger and Algeria to Europe will be super priced and would not be cheap.

By bombing Russian Nord Stream gas pipeline to Europe, the only hope of Europe is now the Niger Delta Gas, of which I am am directly, as a Niger Deltan, the provider of Salvation.

I am glad to extend my help to Nigeria and Europe with my Gas, but USA, Russia and France should get the fucck away from West Africa.

President Tinubu has a job, and a tasking one, and it is to make the West to beg for gas, what ever we do, we must get France out of West Africa.

Talking about resources as if they are not paying for it with their hard-earned dollar. you lots are so dumb you don't think beyond your next meal. Do you all even know there were natural resources there in the first place, if it wasn't for these same westerners, you all will not know if those were natural resources, because you all don't think and do not do research you only think of food and sex nothing more. What is the contribution of your race to mankind, joker.

BoldBrainz:

Is this supposed to be a trick comment?

So because we Niger Deltans presumably may not possess the technological wherewithal to currently push for swift growth, we ought to turn our behinds and let foreign interests' rape and plunder our natural resources, just to fit into whatever twisted logic you're waltzing around with?
Look at this one. If tomorrow the white man comes and tell you that your poo is natural resource, and they setup a program to start buying poo from you, same you will still go ahead to cry that they are plundering your poo resources. jokers always playing the victim card.
Re: France, US back ECOWAS Resolutions on Niger Republic by fxexperts: 11:52am On Aug 11, 2023
donpata:
It's very funny how you see that it's mostly citizens of poor African nations and other third world countries that tend to support the coup or condemn USA nd France. Similar anti-west sentiments have been exhibited when Russia decided to invade Ukraine. Honestly for me, if not for fear of what may happen to the Nigerien president, I support ECOWAS even if na Military action.

How can a continent so blessed as ours be so backward? It's cycles of poor leadership. These interruptions of the people's will doesn't allow for progress, it's retrogressive and the quicker we appreciate that, the better for us all. Imagine where we would be if Obj had succeeded in his third term bid - maybe he would be the president and we will be wired to think it's ok to manipulate the constitution and stay in power. That's what's happening when u see people out on the street supporting the coup in their country. They have been wired to think that interruptions are ok.

Truth is, no matter what, democracy will always remain the best style of governance. That's what the most progressive nations in the world practice and the earlier other Africans realize this, the better. Imagine Still having Buhari as President just cos he could force himself to remain.
You are very wise, unlike some jokers i quoted above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Policeman Quits After Obama Assassination Comments / Coup: US Suspends Military Aid To Mali / Nicolas Sarkozy Gets 1-year Jail Term For Illegal Campaign Financing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.