Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger (20999 Views)

ECOWAS Activates Military Standby Force Over Niger Republic / Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep / All Christmas Celebrations Canceled In Burkina Faso After Terrorist Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by SIONKPO1(m): 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
obembet:

They will still waste the presenter grin

I still wonder who all this Obidient always pray for military to take over.
You don't have sense,didn't you read that 109 Senator s share #210m allowances amongst themselves?,whereas poor Nigerians can't feed daily.
The only way Nigeria will work is Military coup or Revolution.
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by judedwriter(m): 1:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
Dialpad:
Military rule is old fashioned

and outdated.
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Shakathezulu1: 2:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Who know tinubu now make he warn am

Niger get back up and friends way go help them

Burkina faso and mali dey Niger back

Even some powerful white nation dey back Niger

I hear say even wagner army from Russia dey with Niger

Our so called Nigeria Northern brothers slef love Niger
He go be like film for tinubu eye
For a so-called niggar. You reason and type like a woman. Puss-C
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by InvertedHammer: 3:26pm On Aug 12, 2023
NtoAkwaIbom:
No free speech
/

There is no such thing as free speech anywhere. A word like “libel” in developed countries you pretend to copy means that speech has consequences.

No government should tolerate misinformation and propaganda.
/
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Nobody: 3:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ola9ja23:
One thing this headless mobs don't understand is that there is no stability under military president as there can be 5 difference coups within the space of 8 years and each of them would declare deference policies and each would loot endlessly like Abacha

We need to learn from history

It will be a dream come true to see you and your likes thwn int psorn fir the reat of yu lives.
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by djkaneo(m): 5:40pm On Aug 12, 2023
Wainey:
This is what a military govt looks like, it is still fresh for now, wait until military don settle down then you will understand that even freedom to life is not guarantee when you have a dictator

Here in Nigeria, radio and TV stations have been fined for next to nothing. So make all of una getat.
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Homiesjinxbank: 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bro the issue is Democracy isn't favoring anyone in (Africa) Nigeria was good during Abacha era.

Wainey:
if it was in military rule, NLC can't even do that peaceful protest, a protest is a coup in military rule and the leaders are killed to send a strong message
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Wainey: 5:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
Homiesjinxbank:
Bro the issue is Democracy isn't favoring anyone in (Africa) Nigeria was good during Abacha era.

and it was in that heavenly Abacha era that Nigerians fought against military rule, it was in that same Abacha time that Ken Saro wiwa was beheaded cos he was an activist, Obasanjo was arrested during Abacha time, shehu Yaradua and mashood Abiola were killed in custody. he issued a decree that placed his government above the jurisdiction of the courts effectively giving him absolute power. Another decree gave him the right to detain anyone for up to three months without trial. He further abrogated Decree 691 of 1993.

Do you know what Abacha rule was?
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Omodua(m): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
ecolime:
And yet some of us are supporting military coups. It's either we have kids littering this forum these days or have adults with short memories.
You're a kid. Where were you when we fought the military to a standstill. What happened during military era is still happening presently. So,what's the difference?
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Homiesjinxbank: 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Its okay, but I will urge You to check how much Naira to Dollar was during Abacha era. Then compare it to now #920 to $1 now.

Bro my question is this, was Nigerian living well during Abacha era or not?

Now compare that time with this current administration practising Democracy.

Wainey:
and it was in that heavenly Abacha era that Nigerians fought against military rule, it was in that same Abacha time that Ken Saro wiwa was beheaded cos he was an activist, Obasanjo was arrested during Abacha time, shehu Yaradua and mashood Abiola were killed in custody. he issued a decree that placed his government above the jurisdiction of the courts effectively giving him absolute power. Another decree gave him the right to detain anyone for up to three months without trial. He further abrogated Decree 691 of 1993.

Do you know what Abacha rule was?
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Wainey: 9:35pm On Aug 12, 2023
Homiesjinxbank:
Its okay, but I will urge You to check how much Naira to Dollar was during Abacha era. Then compare it to now #920 to $1 now.

Bro my question is this, was Nigerian living well during Abacha era or not?

Now compare that time with this current administration practising Democracy.

it was during Abacha that we used a stove called "Abacha stove" go and find out how suffering was that Nigeria had to use saw dust stove to cook cos we couldn't afford Kerosene.
At least u could afford data to argue with me online under Tinubu govt
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Wainey: 9:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
Omodua:
You're a kid. Where were you when we fought the military to a standstill. What happened during military era is still happening presently. So,what's the difference?
At least we are not using Abacha stove to cook cos of extreme suffer

1 Like

Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Homiesjinxbank: 10:08pm On Aug 12, 2023
Abasha stove lol... Things wasn't that bad then, our parents were living fine then..

This era is quite different now. We need more of these Junta

Wainey:
it was during Abacha that we used a stove called "Abacha stove" go and find out how suffering was that Nigeria had to use saw dust stove to cook cos we couldn't afford Kerosene.
At least u could afford data to argue with me online under Tinubu govt
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Wainey: 10:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
Homiesjinxbank:
Abasha stove lol... Things wasn't that bad then, our parents were living fine then..

This era is quite different now. We need more of these Junta

did you read the part where I said people couldn't afford Kerosene and resort to using saw dust in cooking?, what part of that is "living fine"?
Did you know that Ken Saro wiwa was beheaded cos he was an activist? He didn't use guns o, he was just someone who does his activism using pen and paper to write, a learned activist yet he was killed.
If Abacha was still alive, Bovi, Aisha, Macaroni and Peter Obi would have been killed.
Obasanjo was sentenced to jail cos he frowned at Abacha looting the country's wealth to offshore account, Mahmood Abiola and Yaradua were killed in detention.
Do you know Abacha past a decree that put him above Jurisdiction, giving him absolute power?

Deh play
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by Odibembem: 5:49am On Aug 13, 2023
tctrills:

Lekki toll gate was not too long ago. You seem to be too young to remember the police and army killing unarmed IPOB protesters. I guess the problem is that you are not very informed.

Lekki tollgate alleged killing is still unconfirmed, even d US govt that likes to criticize us says there was no mass killings there as reported. The IPOB killed at Awkuzu Anambra were on d orders of Peter Obi. Mind u Endsars protesters were not completely unarmed, in Anambra, Edo and Lagos, they invaded police stations and carted away guns. This govt and d one before it has showed more restraints than those of d likes of OBJ. OBJ sent soldiers to wipe out men and rape women in whole communities like Odi and Zakam Ibiam. U young man is d one not informed
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by tctrills: 9:18am On Aug 13, 2023
Odibembem:

Lekki tollgate alleged killing is still unconfirmed, even d US govt that likes to criticize us says there was no mass killings there as reported. The IPOB killed at Awkuzu Anambra were on d orders of Peter Obi. Mind u Endsars protesters were not completely unarmed, in Anambra, Edo and Lagos, they invaded police stations and carted away guns. This govt and d one before it has showed more restraints than those of d likes of OBJ. OBJ sent soldiers to wipe out men and rape women in whole communities like Odi and Zakam Ibiam. U young man is d one not informed
Lol. You claim that Lekki killing is unconfirmed but somehow you can confirm that Obi ordered the killing of IPOB. I am sure that even you can see your Dishonesty.
As for the Lekki killings, in Nov 2021 the Panel of inquiry set up by the APC Lagos state government pronounced that it took place. So you clearly don't know what you are talking about or you are simply confused.
But then hope you know that IPOB were killed all across the SE from 2015 to 2019 and Obi was not in power at that time. Was it also Obi that directed the killings at Nnamdi Kanu's father's house. Please learn to study before commenting.
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by GetMeRight: 9:54am On Sep 08, 2023
tctrills:

Your point is that the military does it much more right? My point is that all criminal governments are the same.
My point is that no matter how bad democracy is, I will never want the military to rule us again! Absolute power corrupts and intoxicates
Re: Burkina Faso’s Junta Slams Indefinite Ban On Radio Station Over Niger by tctrills: 10:08am On Sep 08, 2023
GetMeRight:

My point is that no matter how bad democracy is, I will never want the military to rule us again! Absolute power corrupts and intoxicates
Yes, we don't want a military come back but when our democratic institutions are weak and corrupt, that is a breeding ground for military rule. When the suffering becomes too much for the people, the start wishing for anything but democracy.
How do you think Hitler gained power in Germany. The Nazi party grew from the discontentment of the German people.
Like you, I don't want military rule but in every country where the military took over, it happened because elected rulers were failing the people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taliban Official: Strict Punishment, Executions Will Return / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali / Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.