Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,435 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali (20958 Views)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali / The Fallacies Of Saudi Arabia’s Constitution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Orikinla(m): 1:45pm On Jan 25, 2013
Nigeria is actively involved in the war in Mali and President Goodluck Jonathan has linked the Boko Haram to why Nigerian soldiers are fighting in Mali. But majority of Nigerians are ignorant of the facts. And it is interesting to read the following critical analysis of the Malian crisis by Belgian MP Laurent Louis who said he stands against war in Mali and exposes the international neo-colonial plot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkzXTgslFNE

Full transcript follows.

Belgian MP LAURENT LOUIS: Thank you, Mr President. Dear Ministers, dear Colleagues.

Belgium is indeed the land of surrealism. This morning we learned in the media that the Belgian army is incapable of fighting some extremist soldiers having radical Islamist beliefs existing within its own ranks and who can not be dismissed by lack of legal means. However, at the same time, we decide to help France in its war against “Terror” by providing logistical support for its operation in Mali. What wouldn’t we do in order to fight against terrorism outside our borders?

I just hope we took care not to send for this anti-terrorist operation, in Mali, these much talked about Belgian Islamists soldiers! I seem to be joking, but what is going on in the world today does not make me laugh at all. It doesn’t make me laugh, because without any doubt, the leaders of our Western countries are taking the peoples for imbeciles with the help and support of the Media which are nothing more today than an organ of propaganda of the ruling powers.

Around the world, military actions and regime’s destabilization are becoming more and more frequent. Preventive war has become the rule. And today, in the name of democracy and the fight against terrorism, our states grant themselves the right to violate the sovereignty of independent countries and to overthrow legitimate leaders.

There has been Iraq and Afghanistan, the wars of the American lie. Came later, Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, where thanks to your decisions, our country has been “first in line” to participate in crimes against humanity, in each case to overthrow progressive and moderated regimes and to replace them by Islamist regimes, and – isn’t it weird ? – their 1st will was to impose Sharia law.

This is exactly what is currently happening in Syria where Belgium is shamefully funding the arming of the Islamist rebels who are trying to overthrow Bashar Al Assad. Thus, in the midst of economic crisis, as more and more Belgians can no longer house themselves, feed, heat and cure themselves – Yeah, I can hear what a filthy populist I am – well, the Minister of Foreign Affairs decided to offer the Syrian rebels 9 million euros!

Of course, they’ll try to make us believe that this money will be used for humanitarian purposes … one more lie! And as you can see, for months, our country is only participating to put in place, Islamic regimes in North Africa and the Middle East. So, when they come and pretend to go to war in order to fight against terrorism in Mali, well… I feel like to laugh.

It’s false! Under the appearance of good actions, we only intervene to defend financial interests in a complete neo-colonialist mindset. It’s a real nonsense to go to help France in Mali in the name of the fight against islamic terrorism when at the same time, we support in Syria the overthrow of Bashar al- Assad by Islamist rebels who want to impose Sharia Law, as was done in Tunisia and in Libya It is about time to stop lying to us and treating people like imbeciles

The time has come to tell the truth. Arming the Islamist Rebels, as Westeners have, in the past armed Bin Laden, that friend of the Americans before they turned against him, well, the western countries are taking the opportunity to place military bases in the newly conquered countries while favoring domestic companies. Everything is therefore strategic. In Iraq, our American allies, have put their hands on the country’s oil wealth. In Afghanistan, it was its opium and drugs always useful when it comes to make lots of money pretty quickly.

In Libya, in Tunisia, in Egypt, or then again in Syria, the aim was and is still today to overthrow moderate powers, to replace them by Islamist powers who very quickly, will become troublesome and that we will shamelessly attack pretending once again, to fight terrorism or protect Israel.

Thus, the next targets are already known. Within a few months, I bet that our eyes will turn to Algeria and eventually to Iran. To go to war, to free people from an outside aggressor, is noble But go to war to defend the interests of the USA, To go to war to defend the interests of big companies such as AREVA, go to war to put our hands on gold mines, has nothing noble at all and it reveals our countries to be attackers and thugs!

No one dares to speak, but I will not shut up! and if my battle makes me look like an enemy of this system who flaunts the Human Rights in the name of financial, geo-strategic and neo-colonialist interests, so be it! Flaunting and exposing this regime is a duty and makes me proud And honestly, I apology for my low class speech, but I Bleep you all, the so-called do-gooders, both left and right wingers or from the center who are today licking the boots of our corrupted powers and who will be pleased to ridicule me.

I Bleep you all, leaders who are playing with your bombs as kids do in a playground!

I Bleep you, you who pretend to be democrates while you are nothing more than low class criminals. I don’t have much respect neither for the journalists who have the audacity to label the opponents as mentally retarded while basically, they know very well that these opponents are right.

Finaly, I despise, at the highest point, those who believe they are the kings of the world and who are dictating their laws, because I AM on the side of truth, the side of justice, the side of the innocent victims of looting at all cost. And it is for this reason that I have decided to clearly oppose this resolution that is sending our country to support France in its neo-colonialis operation.

Since the beginning of the French operation, the lie is organized. We are told that France is only answering the call for help of a Malian president. We almost forget that this president has no legitimacy and that he was put in place to ensure the transition following the coup of March 2012.

Who supported this coup d’état? Who started it? For who is this president of transition actually working? This is the first lie! The French president, François Hollande dares to pretend to wage this war to fight against the jihadists who threaten (ohhhh do you realize!) who threaten the French and European territory! But what an ugly lie!

By taking this official argument, while taking the opportunity to frighten the population increasing the terror allert level, implementing the Vigipirate plan our leaders and media are demonstrating an un-imaginable outrage! How dare they use such a point while France and Belgium have not hesitated to arm and support Jihadists in Libya and that these same countries continue to support these jihadists in Syria.

This pretext hides strategic and economic purposes. Our countries are no longer fearing inconsistency because everything is done to hide it. But the inconsistency is well present. It is not tomorrow that you’ll see a Malian citizen commit a act of terrorism in Europe. No! Unless we’ll suddenly create one so we can justify this military operation.

Haven’t we created september 11th, after all, to justifiy the invasions, arbitrary arrest, torture and massacre of innocent populations? Thus, create a Malian terrorist is no big deal! It must not be very complicated for our bloodthirsty leaders. Another pretext used these recent months to justify military operations, is the protection of human rights.

Ah! This pretext is still used today to justify the war in Mali. But yes! We have to act, otherwise the evil Islamists will impose Sharia law in Mali, stoning women and cutting the thugs’ hands off. Oh! The intention is truly noble. Noble and salutary for sure.

But then why is it, Good Lord, why is it that our countries have contributed in Tunisia and Libya to the accession to power of Islamists who have decided to apply this Sharia Law in these countries which were still not so long ago, modern and progressive? I invite you to ask the young Tunisians who have launched the revolution in Tunisia, if they are happy with their current situation? This is all hypocrisy. The purpose of this war in Mali is very clear.

And since no one talks about it, I WILL. The purpose is to fight against China and allow our American ally to maintain its presence in Africa and the Middle East. This is what guides these neo-colonialists operations. And you will see, when the military operation will be over, France will, of course, keep its military bases in Mali.

These bases will be a benefit to the Americans as well. And at the same time, as has always been the case, Western corporates will put their hands on juicy contracts that will once again deprive re- colonized countries of their wealth and raw materials. So let’s be clear, the primary beneficiaries of this military operation, will be the owners and shareholders of the French giant AREVA who has been trying for years to obtain a uranium mine in Falea, a town of 17,000 inhabitants located at 350 km from Bamako.

And I don’t know why, but my little finger is telling me that it won’t take long before AREVA will eventually exploit that mine! I don’t know, it’s an impression I have. It is therefore out of question that I would take part to this mining colonialism, that modern times colonialism. And for those who doubt about my arguments, I sincerely invite them to learn about the wealth of Mali.

Mali is a major producer of gold, but recently it has been designated – recently, eh….- as being a country that offers a world-class environment for the exploitation of uranium. How strange! One step closer to a war against Iran, it is obvious. For all these reasons and in order to not fall into the traps of lies they are tending us, I’ve decided not to give my support to that intervention in Mali.

Therefore, I will vote against it.

And by doing so, I’m being consistent since, I never supported in the past our criminal interventions in Libya or in Syria, and so being the only MP in this country to defend the non-interference and the fight against obscure interests. I really think it is about time to put an end to our participation to the UN or NATO and get out of the EU if Europe, instead of providing peace becomes a weapon of attack and destabilization of sovereign countries submissive to financial rather than human interests

Finally, I can only urge our government to remind the President Hollande the obligations resulting from the Geneva Conventions regarding the respect of prisoners of war. Indeed, I was shocked to hear on television from the mouth of the French President that his intention was to “destroy” – I say “destroy” – Islamist terrorists.

So, I do not want the qualification to be used to name the opponents to the Malian regime – it is always convenient today to talk about Islamic terrorists- to be used to circumvent the obligations of any democratic state in terms of respecting the rights of prisoners of war. We expect such a respect from the Fatherland of Human Rights.

In conclusion, Let me emphasize how lightly we decide to go to war. First, the government acts without any consent from the Parliament. It appears that it has the right to. It sends equipment, men to Mali

The Parliament subsequently reacts and when it responds, as today, well, this institution happens to be composed of only 1/3 of its members.

Much less if we speak of the French speaking MP’s. It is therefore a guilty lightness which does not really surprises me, coming from a Parliament of puppies, submitted to the dictates of political parties. Thank you.

(Translation: Geraldine Feuillien)

24 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Dede1(m): 2:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
Africans are lazy, sentimental and deluded bunch of scallywags. It does not take a Belgian MP Laurent Louis to realize that the debacle in Mali is international neo-colonial plot. Any African who is afraid to deconstruct the 1884 European partition of Africa does not deserve a liter of air.

8 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
Interesting Read! Though it is difficult to disprove allegations of imperialist motivations in French foreign policy and the use of its military base in Africa to strengthen its role in the inter-imperialist competition and to serve the interest of its monopoly groups plundering our resources but Hollande seems to have been reluctant to intervene in the crisis initially but chose to assist the Malian military with financial and logistic supports. The question is, with the imminent collapse of the Malian military to the Islamists, should France then reject the intervention by invitation offer extended to it by the Malian government to help intervene? should France abstain from intervening in a country where its economic interests is at stake?

The war in Mali is primarily a direct consequence of state failure due to factors caused by Malians themselves. Economic interest, Western meddling and religion are secondary.

10 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by ow11(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2013
Dede1: Africans are lazy, sentimental and deluded bunch of scallywags. It does not take a Belgian MP Laurent Louis to realize that the debacle in Mali is international neo-colonial plot. Any African who is afraid to deconstruct the 1884 European partition of Africa does not deserve a liter of air.

One of the few times I agree with Old Soldier, Dede1
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by slimming: 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2013
Islamist in Mali should be left lone to their destruction there.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Dede1(m): 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2013
ow11:

One of the few times I agree with Old Soldier, Dede1

You should remember that the most of your folks (Okirika) risked being shot to death by smuggling food and material into Biafra during the civil war. It is safe to say you are just running on almost empty tank of denial to impress confused majority. In future, you will come to agree with me all the times.

3 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Arosa(m): 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
There is nothing new here, the western world interest is very clear. The question is what do the majority of Malian people want, do they want the Islamist? Did Mali not ask for help for France and west Africa to oust the Islamist?

5 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Orikinla(m): 3:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
Arosa: There is nothing new here, the western world interest is very clear. The question is what do the majority of Malian people want, do they want the Islamist? Did Mali not ask for help for France and west Africa to oust the Islamist?

GEJ's decision to send our innocent soldiers to Mali was from the Oval Office.

3 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cheddarking(m): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
Why the hell is this not on the Front Page?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Arosa(m): 3:12pm On Jan 25, 2013
Orikinla:

GEJ's decision to send our innocent soldiers to Mali was from the Oval Office.

I see what you getting at, But do Mali need us?
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by ow11(m): 3:14pm On Jan 25, 2013
Dede1:

You should remember that the most of your folks (Okirika) risked being shot to death by smuggling food and material into Biafra during the civil war. It is safe to say you are just running on almost empty tank of denial to impress confused majority. In future, you will come to agree with me all the times.

It is Wakirike. Nope! I am not Wakirike. I just wish you would let the War stories go.

Africa must split into bits, this 'house n*gga' style of stealing resources and giving to the master must stop!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
From slavery - colonization - humanitarian service . . . . . .they are all instruments/legacies of capitalism and capitalism can only function in a democracy.Solve the puzzle for yourself.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Arosa(m): 4:06pm On Jan 25, 2013
~Bluetooth:
From slavery - colonization - humanitarian service . . . . . .they are all instruments/legacies of capitalism and capitalism can only function in a democracy.Solve the puzzle for yourself.

You are wrong, think about it very well. undecided China is a case study for you.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by manny4life(m): 4:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
WOW... I never supported the war in Mali, I knew something did not seem right. The read was an expose, damn, I loved it.

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Ngwakwe: 4:44pm On Jan 25, 2013
The Belgian Psychopath plus Sociopath has spoken.

Which one be Egypt and Tunisia war, I thought book makers said they were Revolutions and that it caught Americans and Europeans by surprise.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Chongaiman: 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2013
Let Mr. Louis have his say and the majority, its way. He pretends not to know that national interest lies at the heart of international diplomacy. Left to him, the oppressive goverments that were swept away by the Arab Spring should have been left in place (even against the wishes of the majority of the people). Therein lies his interest - the people could go to hell so long as no Islamist regime was in place. Whatever happened to "Vox populi, vox Dei"? He is even working against his interests here as the intervention this time is against an Islamist group.

He then continues with half-truths and conjectures. Apart from Libya, were there any overt Western interventions in the Arab Spring? In pursuance of its interests, the West was ready to take a chance with a possible Islamist government in Libya rather than Ghaddafi. Ghaddafi had it coming. He was like Nza the bird that challenged its chi to a duel, after eating to its satisfaction. Mr. Louis wants us to believe that 9/11 was a false-flag operation. undecided Is he the one to determine the legitimacy of the Malian presidency for the world? From the relative safety of Belgium, he could afford to downplay the Malian crisis. He very well knows his opinion would not stand up to proper scrutiny hence his digression through the use of Sagamite's favourite word low class speech and obsession with the French president's choice of words about destroying the Malian Islamists.

5 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Dede1(m): 6:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
ow11:

It is Wakirike. Nope! I am not Wakirike. I just wish you would let the War stories go.

Africa must split into bits, this 'house n*gga' style of stealing resources and giving to the master must stop!

It is good to know you are not Okirika. The distinctions are becoming clearer everyday as denial and betrayal artists have big targets on their backs.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by NegroNtns(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
take dat: Interesting Read! Though it is difficult to disprove allegations of imperialist motivations in French foreign policy but Hollande seems to have been reluctant to intervene in the crisis initially but chose to assist the Malian military with financial and logistic supports. The question is, with the imminent collapse of the Malian military to the Islamists, should France abstain from intervening in a country where its economic interests is at stake?

The war in Mali is primarily a direct consequence of state failure due to factors caused by Malians themselves. Economic interest, Western meddling and religion are secondary.

...apply that same view to the situation in nigeria.

britain is sending its military and weapons of war to fight bokoharam. other west african forces are coming in to serve under british and eu command.

give us your analysis please....

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by NegroNtns(m): 9:17pm On Jan 25, 2013
Dede1: Africans are lazy, sentimental and deluded bunch of scallywags. It does not take a Belgian MP Laurent Louis to realize that the debacle in Mali is international neo-colonial plot. Any African who is afraid to deconstruct the 1884 European partition of Africa does not deserve a liter of air.

word!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by NegroNtns(m): 9:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
Ngwakwe: The Belgian Psychopath plus Sociopath has spoken.

Which one be Egypt and Tunisia war, I thought book makers said they were Revolutions and that it caught Americans and Europeans by surprise.

....and you believe that?

3 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 10:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Negro_Ntns:

...apply that same view to the situation in nigeria.

britain is sending its military and weapons of war to fight bokoharam. other west african forces are coming in to serve under british and eu command.

give us your analysis please....
The BH experience in Nigeria cannot be compared to the Islamist insurgency in Mali because the Malian military is almost completely overwhelmed that the government in Bamako had to plead for foreign intervention. However much we may detest neo-colonialism or foreign militarism in Africa, for as long as we find it difficult to manage our affairs successfully, these foreign countries with interests in Africa will continue interfering.
The notion that the intervention in Mali is due to mineral rights or neocolonialism ignores the realities on ground there

The difference between Mali and Nigeria is political stability and our military might in containing the insurgents.

5 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by NegroNtns(m): 10:49pm On Jan 25, 2013
on the scale of population and resource, when you compare the two conutries our military have indeed failed. our military are operating in a zone under emergency declaration and yet have failed to contain cross-border attacks from one state to the other. the failure is highlighted by the event in which a military command zone that houses many generals was attacked.

the fact that boko has remained in north and not crossed southward is by their own choice and has nothing to do with military efectiveness in containing their spread and blocking a southbound assault. if boko chooses to head south we cannot rely on our military to give us safety and security, we must depend on our various regional vigilantes to provide security.......in fact, so far, the fear of a bloody encounter with the vigilantes has been a more successful deterrent than is the fear of the military.

9 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 11:29pm On Jan 25, 2013
Negro_Ntns: on the scale of population and resource, when you compare the two conutries our military have indeed failed. our military are operating in a zone under emergency declaration and yet have failed to contain cross-border attacks from one state to the other. the failure is highlighted by the event in which a military command zone that houses many generals was attacked.

the fact that boko has remained in north and not crossed southward is by their own choice and has nothing to do with military efectiveness in containing their spread and blocking a southbound assault. if boko chooses to head south we cannot rely on our military to give us safety and security, we must depend on our various regional vigilantes to provide security.......in fact, so far, the fear of a bloody encounter with the vigilantes has been a more successful deterrent than is the fear of the military.
Government have since lifted the emergency declaration in most part of the North. The security forces are trying their best though not much as expected but when you compare the same scenario with Mali where the Islamists are in total control of Northern Mali, you'll have to give them credit considering that their attacks are more guerrilla styled and not forgetting that they have lots of sympathisers in the military and the communities in which they dwell.

BH will never attempt to navigate their attacks southbound if their true motive is religion unless it has political colouration because Nigeria unlike Mali is not a predominantly muslim country! Lol on the vigilante part!
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by alaoeri: 11:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
take dat: The BH experience in Nigeria cannot be compared to the Islamist insurgency in Mali because the Malian military is almost completely overwhelmed that the government in Bamako had to plead for foreign intervention. However much we may detest neo-colonialism or foreign militarism in Africa, for as long as we find it difficult to manage our affairs successfully, these foreign countries with interests in Africa will continue interfering.
The notion that the intervention in Mali is due to mineral rights or neocolonialism ignores the realities on ground there

The difference between Mali and Nigeria is political stability and our military might in containing the insurgents.
With the situation of things in northern Nigeria with time don't u think Nigerian govt won't seek for foreign aid because its obvious Nigerian govt can't tackle BH & the Malian Islamist didn't have such power over night, they have been in existence for ages so if BH isn't curb very soon what 'll it turn out to be in the next couple of years recall that in the last 3-4years there's nothing like suicide bombers, bombing of place of worship etc the earlier a lasting solution is find to halt BH the better or else enough calamities in the future ωε don't need a prophet to tell us that.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by takedat(m): 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
alaoeri:
With the situation of things in northern Nigeria with time don't u think Nigerian govt won't seek for foreign aid because its obvious Nigerian govt can't tackle BH & the Malian Islamist didn't have such power over night, they have been in existence for ages so if BH isn't curb very soon what 'll it turn out to be in the next couple of years recall that in the last 3-4years there's nothing like suicide bombers, bombing of place of worship etc the earlier a lasting solution is find to halt BH the better or else enough calamities in the future ωε don't need a prophet to tell us that.
That is why some have attributed the rise in terrorism in Northern Nigeria to State failure to address the needs of the people. Foreign intervention is always the last resort and the fall out of humanitarian crisis that will accompany such intervention in Nigeria will also make the West to tread softly on this BH issue. there are still amicable ways to contain the islamists in Nigeria since it has a political colouration added to it unlike Mali where it is strictly religion coupled with ethnic and seperatist tensions.
Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by JomoGbomo2(m): 11:55pm On Jan 25, 2013
The major challenge of this generation and the ones to follow is HISTORY.
History, is defined as the story as told by the winning civilization.
And to make matter worse, the MEDIA is also owned by the winning civilization, sometimes I wonder what will be written about these wars after many years.
The word islamist fundamentalist is the other title for the bad dog.
Anyways, there are at least 3 sides to to a story...., one side, the other side and the truth (which may never be known)

4 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by aurenflani: 12:08am On Jan 26, 2013
Chongaiman: Let Mr. Louis have his say and the majority, its way. He pretends not to know that national interest lies at the heart of international diplomacy. Left to him, the oppressive goverments that were swept away by the Arab Spring should have been left in place (even against the wishes of the majority of the people). Therein lies his interest - the people could go to hell so long as no Islamist regime was in place. Whatever happened to "Vox populi, vox Dei"? He is even working against his interests here as the intervention this time is against an Islamist group.

He then continues with half-truths and conjectures. Apart from Libya, were there any overt Western interventions in the Arab Spring? In pursuance of its interests, the West was ready to take a chance with a possible Islamist government in Libya rather Ghaddafi. Ghaddafi had it coming. He was like Nze the bird which challenged its chi to a duel, after eating to its satisfaction. Mr. Louis wants us to believe that 9/11 was a false-flag operation. undecided Is he the one to determine the legitimacy of the Malian presidency for the world? From the relative safety of Belgium, he could afford to downplay the Malian crisis. He very well knows his opinion would not stand up to proper scrutiny hence his digression through the use of Sagamite's favourite word low class speech and obsession with the French president's choice of words about destroying the Malian Islamists.

You are nothing but a religious bigot and brainwashed western media dog attempting to pose as an intellectual with ability to make analysis on international politics but as always with your kind, you have failed. Your types are a serious disgrace to fairness and truth.

11 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 26, 2013
The Hypocrisy of the West riles my stomach. They armed, trained and financed racist salafists that overran Libya, calling them pro-democracy activists only to start to claim to fight them when they killed the US ambassador. Benghazi has now been turned to a terror fiefdom exporting terror to Mali, Algeria, Tunisia, Northern Nigeria and Syria. This is the very Benghazi that the Western Press told us was the epicenter of the "pro-democracy" yearnings in Libya. They are currently backing Al-Qaeda terrorists tearing Syria apart while supposedly fighting them in Afghanistan, Iraq and now Mali. The utter hypocrisy!! And their so called "free press" consistently omits these critical information from the folks who believe the trash they report as news.

Who doesn't know that Western intervention in sovereign states is dictated by corporate and geo-political resource interests? All their huffing and puffing of democracy and freedom are all hogwash. Here we have France fighting to protect a military dictatorship in Mali while they claimed they bombed Libya to protect the people from another dictator. Who doesn't know that the previous elected government in Mali was overthrown in a coup with support from France so as to get a pliant regime that will allow uranium exploitation in the country?

I pity the simpletons who are sent to their graves to die fighting terrorists that were created, armed, trained and financed by western intelligence agencies in their geo-political chess games. Read the reports of corporate funded think tanks like CFR, Chatham House and you would see reports of the very things happening before our eyes years in advance.

13 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by Chongaiman: 12:21am On Jan 26, 2013
aurenflani:

You are nothing but a religious bigot and brainwashed western media dog attempting to pose as an intellectual with ability to make analysis on international politics but as always with your kind, you have failed. Your types are a serious disgrace to fairness and truth.

Ok na. I don hear you. So other than name-calling, what opinion have you passed across? BTW as someone earlier pointed out, truth is relative, right? There is the truth that suits you, the truth that suits me and the real truth. That mine doesn't conform to yours should not be a cause for needless bellicosity. wink Ina ruwan biri da gada?

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 1:37am On Jan 26, 2013
MP Laurent Louis is spot on - what is happening in Mali is nothign more than a neo colonial showdown with china over africa's vast resources, this ongoing occupation was planned by the United States in the early 2000s when China began to overtake them in terms of trade with various african countries, their economies are in shambles and they know that without the control they have over africa's resources their economies will collapse.

anyone who doubts Laurent Louis statements about France's intentions towards Mali and africa generally should read this:

[b]France sends troops to secure Niger uranium mines
By Bill Van Auken
25 January 2013
Barely two weeks after invading Mali with over 2,000 troops of the Foreign Legion, France has dispatched special forces troops to neighboring Niger to secure uranium mines run by the French state-owned nuclear power company Areva.
The new French military intervention in northwest Africa was first reported by the weekly magazine Le Point and confirmed by military sources contacted by other sections of the French media. Le Point reported that French Defense Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian had quickly agreed earlier this week to a “major innovation” in ordering the Special Forces Command to send troops to protect the Areva uranium production sites in Imouraren, and 80 kilometers away in Arlit. The magazine noted that this is the first ever use of the French commandos to directly defend the assets of a corporation.
The magazine reported that French government officials had taken the decision following the botched attempt to rescue the French hostage, Denis Allex, in Somalia and the recent bloody hostage-taking incident and siege at the Armenas gas facility in Algeria, where over 80 people were killed.
Those two events “in addition to launching the ‘Serval’ operation in Mali have significantly increased risk factors for French installations, including industry and mining in the region,” Le Point reported.

In reality, the dispatch of French commandos to the uranium mines in Niger only underscores the overriding economic and geo-strategic motives behind the French military intervention in Mali. Under the cover of a supposed war against Islamist “terrorists” and a defense of the central government in Mali, French imperialism is using its military might to tighten its grip on its resource-rich former African colonies.
Official spokesmen at both Areva and the French Defense Ministry refused to discuss the new military deployment, citing security concerns.
In Niger itself, officials denied any knowledge of the dispatch of the special forces commandos. “It’s true that the terrorist threat has increased today, but as far as I know there is no such agreement in place at the moment,” one official told Reuters.

A Niger army officer told the news agency that there were already security arrangements in place that had been agreed to with France and imposed after the September 2010 kidnapping of seven employees of Areva and one of its contractors in the northern Nigerien town of Arlit.
“We also have counter-terrorism units in the Agadez region,” said the officer. “For now, I don’t know of a decision by the Nigerien government to allow French special forces to base themselves in the north.”
Failure to inform the Nigerien government of its plans would not be out of the question. Ever since its independence in 1960, France, which had ruled the country as a colony for 60 years, has treated Niger as a semi-colony.
The uranium extracted from the mines in Niger have been considered of strategic importance by successive French governments. The yellowcake produced from Niger’s uranium ore has been used to make France’s nuclear bombs as well as to fuel its nuclear reactors, which account for over 75 percent of the country’s electricity.
While vast profits have been reaped from Niger’s uranium, the mining operation has benefited only a thin layer of the country’s subservient bourgeoisie. According to the United Nations human development index, Niger is the third poorest country on the planet, with 70 percent of the population continuing to live on less than $1 a day and life expectancy reaching only 45.
Moreover, the mining has exacerbated ethnic and regional tensions within Niger. Uranium production is concentrated in the northern homeland of the nomadic Tuareg minority, which repeatedly has risen in revolt, charging that whatever resources do accrue from the mining operations go to the southern capital of Niamey. One of the main demands of the Niger Movement for Justice (MNJ), a largely Tuareg armed militia that has battled the Nigerien army, has been the more equitable distribution of uranium revenues.
Moreover, the exploitation of uranium by Areva has created an environmental and health disaster in the mining areas. The environmental group Greenpeace found in a 2010 report that water wells in the region were contaminated with radiation levels up to 500 times higher than normal. In Arlit, site of one of the major Areva mines, deaths from respiratory diseases occur at twice the national average.
France has every reason to fear that its intervention in Mali, which has already seen the bombing of civilian populations and the torture and execution of civilians by the French-backed Malian army in predominantly Tuareg areas, could cause armed conflict to spill over the border into Niger.
However, in addition to securing its profitable facilities from “terrorism” or popular revolt, France has other reasons to flex its military muscle in Niger. In an attempt to increase its share of the uranium profits, the Nigerien government has recently issued exploration permits to Chinese and Indian firms. By dispatching armed commandos, Paris is asserting its domination of the former colony as part of its African sphere of influence.
As France stepped up its African intervention, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton used testimony before a Senate committee Wednesday to affirm Washington’s determination to escalate its own intervention in the region.
“We are in a struggle, but it is a necessary struggle,” said Clinton. “We cannot permit northern Mali to become a safe haven.”
Clinton acknowledged that the rebellion in Mali as well as the hostage siege at the gas plant in Algeria had been fueled in large measure by the US-NATO toppling of the Gaddafi regime in Libya, where Washington and its allies armed and supported Islamist militias as a proxy ground force in the war for regime change.
“There is no doubt that the Algerian terrorists had weapons from Libya,” she said. “There is no doubt that the Malian remnants of AQIM [Al Qaeda of the Islamic Maghreb] have weapons from Libya.”
She argued that, while there was no evidence that any of these forces in North Africa posed a direct threat to the US, Washington should launch a preemptive campaign against them anyway. “You can’t say because they haven’t done something they’re not going to do it,” she said.[/b]

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2013/01/25/nige-j25.html

4 Likes

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by NSNA: 1:51am On Jan 26, 2013
This one is interesting
Anyone heard about AFRICOM

America want to come and take over Africa and scare China off.

Getting Gaddafi out of the way was their first step.

Gaddafi was going to fund a 1 million men African army, and introduce a gold diner currency that can not be devalued.

The bank headquarters in Lybia.

He got the endorsement of most countries in Africa and also many traditional rulers.

BUT

Nigeria was in the way. Nigeria was not on the same page.

If now Nigeria and South Africa should come together under a unification, all other countries will join

It is a shame that dim people are the leaders of Africa.

AFRICOM could be a good thing, America coming to deliver Africa from Europe

1 Like

Re: The Facts And Fallacies Of The War In Mali by cap28: 2:11am On Jan 26, 2013
NSNA: This one is interesting
Anyone heard about AFRICOM

America want to come and take over Africa and scare China off.

Getting Gaddafi out of the way was their first step.

Gaddafi was going to fund a 1 million men African army, and introduce a gold diner currency that can not be devalued.

The bank headquarters in Lybia.

He got the endorsement of most countries in Africa and also many traditional rulers.

BUT

Nigeria was in the way. Nigeria was not on the same page.

If now Nigeria and South Africa should come together under a unification, all other countries will join

It is a shame that dim people are the leaders of Africa.

AFRICOM could be a good thing, America coming to deliver Africa from Europe

you are getting it muddled - america and europe are on the same side - US AFRICOM is a joint US AND EU military operation its objective is to deploy troops in all resource rich african countries and boot china out of africa. the first leg of this operation is underway in mali with the french bombing and killling thousands of malians in order to secure the gold and uranium mines in that country, these operations are going to be repeated in all resource rich african countries including nigeria, boko haram is a creation of US intelligence.

all this talk about islamists is complete bullshit.

watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI65prNr5yo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peru's President, Castillo Impeached & Arrested For Rebellion, VP Sworn-in / Ukraine Completes Questionnaire For EU Membership / Russia Sends Missile Cruiser To Eastern Mediterranean

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.