Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger (39937 Views)

ECOWAS Parliament Divided Over Planned Military Action In Niger / Mass Exodus Hits Kano APC As Shekarau, Rurum, Kawu Sumaila, Others Join NNPP / Yahaya Sharif-Aminu: Protest In Kano Over "Blasphemy Against Prophet Muhammad" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:
If Wagner ever comes to Niger the same people will be on the streets asking for Federal government to protect them.
These Africans are like pawns in a global chess game and they are oblivious to it.
It makes you wonder what Africans were doing when Europeans decided in Berlin to carve them up and share them like a piece of cake.
Protect them as how?
Is Wagner a terrorist organisation?
If you have nothing meaningful to type just keep quiet
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Bigkoko: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
If the PEPT do not kick out Black Zelensky, the military will, at the rate he is doing! It appears his heart has been hardened by his babalawos! No sane person supports this drug mule. The latest to come harsh on him is non other than Pastor Adeboye his erstwhile political Associate from the religion angle!

He is looking for people's father and children to sacrifice for western interest while his own son is busy buying houses around the world.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Gaskiya77: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
'"A plot by the Western countries"'. They same people will call the west to intervene when things fails. Africans always deceiving themselves.
Niger as a country has nothing to offer to Nigeria. They are parasites sucking Nigeria all because of the far north.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ElSudani: 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
[quote author=Jeezuzpick post=125063785]

The threat of war they are protesting is the same reason for the Niger junta reaching out to Wagner in the first place, so, what exactly are you trying to say?
[/quote

Niger reaching out to Wagner because of threats of war? Who was threatening Mali with war when they came to Mali?
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by tsdarkside(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Tinubu no sabi wetin he wan do so, I just pity Nigerians on a long run if they actually go through with this nonsense plan

tinubu has already washed his hand off the matter....
nigerian senate already denied,and tinubu didnt challendge them....

the matter is between ecowas and benin republic now....
tinubu is just passin on the message of ecowas....
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by pansophist(m): 6:30pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ecowas is an economic community, not a military organization. This foundational basis seems to be lost in the discussion of invading Niger.

The hypocrisy of the West, where they are against one thing (Eg Russia's invasion of Ukraine), but support it elsewhere (backing Nigeria/Ecowas to invade Niger).

Ecowas simply means the economic-community-of-west-african-states. Its name says it all, it is an economic union. Why is no one talking about this?

But of course, I understand what is happening. Tinubu must do something, or else, his election rigging will be brought up against him in the West, and all his crimes against the Nigerian people will bring him down from power.

Where will he run to if the court disposes him from Nigeria, and the West is against him as well? his kids are buying houses everywhere in the US. His servitude and betrayal of the nation are the price puppets pay to remain in power.

Welcome to geopolitics.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ogbe88(m): 6:31pm On Aug 12, 2023
Chucks13:

Hahahaha now I know you are a very little kid wallahi.

I don't need to join you in your untrained manner throwing insults here and there but to open your locked brain and your ears that is blocked with cotton wool soaked with red oil.

In Nigeria history have you ever seen any coup that spared or let the politicians go free? Young man, both obi, Tinubu, Atiku etc will be lock up in jail and unfortunate for you the junta will either be a Northerner or SWesterner so I want you to be thinking what will happen to obi in particular in such scenario. Check entire army higher hierarchy you will understand its either the North or the SW you ain't seen anything yet, it's a well plan game bro. Shine your eyes.

Bro don't pray for the worst I swear your obi will be gone within days.
You are just dreaming, thinking south west will smell that position again.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by dannyspeejay(m): 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
APC AND ECOWAS
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by tsdarkside(m): 6:33pm On Aug 12, 2023
some of you realy think ecowas member states dont come toghether and discuss stuffs....
in your minds na only nigeria dey deceide in ecowas headquaters....

una cant even imagine dem dey hold votes like in uno....
especialy you mindless igbos....

always rantin oversabi....
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Omodua(m): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
Curious345:
As it is now, I PREFER MILITARY RULE OVER THIS NONSENSE DEMOCRACY IN NIGERIA
Abi o! I share your sentiment too. Democracy has not helped Nigerians but impoverished them.

Under democracy, we have IDP camps, insurgency wars, banditry, Fulani herdsmen sacking farmers and residents etc. This was unheard of during the military.

But civil rule apologists do not see the benefits of military rule because of their selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Omodua(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
loosecanon50:

On or before 15th Sept.
Thanks
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ElSudani: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kukutente23:

Protect them as how?
Is Wagner a terrorist organisation?
If you have nothing meaningful to type just keep quiet

Wagner is as bad and dangerous as any terrorist organization you can think of.
If you think Wagner is coming to rescue you from anything then you are just another pawn in a complex game of chess that seems far above your mental capacity.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Hopebringer: 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
pansophist:
Ecowas is an economic community, not a military organization. This foundational basis seems to be lost in the discussion of invading Niger.

The hypocrisy of the West, where are against one thing (Eg Russia's invasion of Ukraine), but support it elsewhere (backing Nigeria/Ecowas to invade Niger).

Ecowas simply means the economic-community-of-west-african-states. Its name says it all, it is an economic union. Why is no one talking about this?

But of course, I understand what is happening. Tinubu must do something, or else, his election rigging will be brought up against him in the West, and all his crimes against the Nigerian people will bring him down from power.

Where will he run to if the court disposes him from Nigeria, and the West is against him as well? his kids are buying houses everywhere in the US. His servitude and betrayal of the nation are what puppets pay to be in power.

Welcome to geopolitics.

Summed up nicely .

Where are you from? Are you male or female ?
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
ZKOSOSO:
It's Haram to protest against a Muslim ☪️ ruler in power o
You remember that lamba by Pantami

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Stoplying: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

If you think Wagner is coming to rescue you from anything then you are just another pawn in a complex game of chess that seems far above your mental capacity.
Wagner is a PMC, like blackwater or Even Barlow's EO which Nigeria used against boko haram during GEJ's tenure. Wagner is currently the most effective PMC in the world, it defeated the best units of the NATO trained Ukrainian forces.
Its ennemies (NATO) who can't defeat it on the battlefield are trying to tarnish its image by calling it a "terrorist group".
Who is fooling who.
The west can always count on weak minds (you) amongst us to promote their propaganda amongst us.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

Is there anyone in hostage situation that needs rescuing in Niger?
If you say Wagner is almost like a terrorist organisation, what will you call France and US activity in Niger then?
I think you should leave the talk of mental capacity alone for now

2 Likes

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by JDJDjD: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
fuckJones:
We will soon move from Tribunal to All Eyes on Supreme Court. You are our last hope 😆
How is dat related to this topic Oga?
Abi u forget ur brain for ur mother's womb🙄🙄
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Yankee101: 6:42pm On Aug 12, 2023
Tinubu doesn’t know anything
All the major coups after 1966 na because somebody offend northerners or them do counter coup

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Stoplying: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kukutente23:

If you say Wagner is almost like a terrorist organisation, what will you call France and US activity in Niger then?
He's a "copy and paste" guy who feeds on western propaganda and thinks that makes him smart.

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by pansophist(m): 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
Hopebringer:

Summed up nicely .

Where are you from? Are you male or female ?

I identify as a female, but originally male. Life as a man hard abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Chucks13: 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2023
ogbe88:
You are just dreaming, thinking south west will smell that position again.

Why going SW now? Bro I'm not from SW but I'm 100% on their side and nothing 1 million of you can do about it.

You like it or not Tinubu will spend 8 years.

By 2031 its Ribadu or Marwa.

By 2038 it Imomulen of Edo or Wike of River.

In 2046 its going back North bro.

Quote me if you are lucky to still be alive then.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by smileyoo: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
it's not as if the overwhelming opinions of Nigerians against any war or crisis with Niger matters to emilokan any more, because he now has the yams and the cutlass, thereby having the power to share the yams to his own benefits .
but it will be disappointing for president BAT to accept a needless war with his good neighbors, for whatever reasons.

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ElSudani: 6:57pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kukutente23:

I am not holding any brief for France, USA or any soldiers of fortune in Africa.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Kukutente23: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
ElSudani:

I am not holding any brief for France, USA or any soldiers of fortune in Africa.
But you seem to prefer one over another despite the fact that it stands in opposition to what Nigeriens want
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by soccerlite: 7:04pm On Aug 12, 2023
Chucks13:

Children everywhere. How old are you?

Lagos in your mind again? Young man reason before you talk.

I don't know why all obi kids can't just understand it is not Tinubu fighting anyone it is ECOWAS who are standing their ground against incessant coup in West Africa in particular now you shift to Lagos pls for what? If even Niger is attack so its Lagos that attack them? So if obi is the president(God forbid) and took this position same way with ECOWAS will you say Anambra should be hit by Niger army as revenge?

Use your brain or remain quiet for now.

Wallahi I swear to heaven if ECOWAS eventually attack Niger dem no born Niger army to attack our territory takless of Lagos, you hear? Okwa ya?

Lolzzzzz

You said God forbid obi to be President 😆

Is obi not a Nigerian, obi ambition indirectly worked in favour of tinubu victory

I see you love tinubu so much, may the way tinubu is running nigeria be the same outcome your life and generation will be ran.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by onajo2000(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2023
Majority of them are Nigerien
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by JOemmy(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
Does tinibu and ECOWAS even have any plans to rebuild niger after the invasion?
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:10pm On Aug 12, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
There will be no war
& if d war happens nko?
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by ElSudani: 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
Kukutente23:

But you seem to prefer one over another despite the fact that it stands in opposition to what Nigeriens want

Joke of the century. The voice of the Nigeriens is the democratically elected president. There's no history of benevolent dictatorship in Africa. These current junta in Niger will be kicked out maximum another fiver years even without any outside intervention, and it goes on and on.
It is like the proverbial mad man who does the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by JOemmy(m): 7:12pm On Aug 12, 2023
adebayo987:
This northerners sef. Na wa o! Na so them say attack on Boko haram is an attack on the North... of course we knew the aftermaths. Who dey attack Niger? ECOWAS wan attack some criminals that hijacked Niger government from the people (democracy) to the military and restore democracy there. Which one be attack on Niger. Una dey confuse modern war with ancient war wey them dey kill both fowl and goats join. Na wa o!

Modern war like the one currently going on in Ukraine?
Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Zeezenho: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2023
We from the south east are against the south west attacking north and their cousins in niger.

1 Like

Re: Protest Hits Kano Over Planned Military Intervention In Niger by Eriokanmi: 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2023
tunjilana:

The military will never sanitize any system bro....we had them in Nigeria for almost 30 years.

It is shocking that we all see this as new. Military men chanting populist rhetorics to gain legitimacy isnt something new.

Coups cant solve our problems, only democracy can. The sad part is that we wont even be able to talk or have any hope of changing things every 4 years.

Go and check Murtala Mohammed's OAU speech when he took power, it isn't different from the coup plotter's claims. Let me tell you the playbook for coupists

1- They wait for morale to be low or democracy to be at a difficult point
2- They snatch power and chant populist rhetorics knowing well that sections of the population already hated the deposed civilian ruler and will subtly support them
3- They begin to do exactly same or worse than the deposed ruler
4- They shut out people and noone can talk
5- Their colleagues in the military will leverage the mood and engage foreign powers who aint aligned with the current military ruler, to plan a coup and send out the military ruler.
6- step 5 continues for many years
7- The masses realise their foolishness and begin to clamor for democratic rule again, amidst heavy persecution
8- The will of the masses may succeed and we revert to democracy after wastig decades under uproducive authocratic leaders

Nothing beats the power to organise yourselves and make statements via the ballot every 4 years
I agree, no system of government guarantees free press than democracy. Sadly the type of democracy we practise in Nigeria today doesn't correlate with its actual meaning. This isn't democracy bro. The only organ who can check them aren't even judiciary because they'd been bought over and corrupted. Military coup is the last resort. China is China today cos they refused to permit the kind of leaders we have today. They executed many of their corrupt leaders.

You and I were in this country when the people they're supposed to serve buggled the various warehouses where the so called leaders hoarded the palliatives which belonged to them. You and i saw when politicians were seen sharing those palliatives at birthday parties and were bragging about it.

Our NA is the highest paid in the world. We asked for constitutional review such that their excesses would be checked and less number would represent each region so wealth could get to the grassroots but they refused. They only accepted the review of clauses that favoured them and at the expense of the masses ( the people they're meant to serve). The reviewed constitution would have made the centre to become less expensive and each region wouid become stronger. We had practiced it before and each region was prosperous. There were keen competitions on revenue generation and revenues were adequately utilised. No government can build the likes of oau today, which was built woth cocoa proceeds by Awolowo. Each region was in control of their resources.

Till date, they've been dribbling the local governments in autonomy. All their money still lands in the hands of their respective governors, who wouid only give them peanuts to develop the LGAs. Those who are opposed to it are the former governors who turned senators at the NA because they feed fat on it.

Our style of democracy is enmity to the masses. See universities today. What of health institutions?

The only organ who can review the constitution to favour the masses are the military. They'd do it and nobody can alter or challenge them. Our leaders have done worse things that could have caused military invasion. They're only hiding under the cover of the west who tell them soldiers must go to the barracks. I don't support a Military rule, if their interruption wouid be short lived and they'd restore decorum and then conduct a peaceful election, form new political parties, then deal with the corrupt fellows.

See vices everywhere? Yahoo boys killing innocent women for riches. Ritualistic practices are on the rise. They serve mostly these same politicians.

Your advice or suggestion would have held water in a decent nation. Nigeria isn't decent. This isn't democracy and am sure you're also feeling the consequences of their being in power...the so called leaders who only go there to serve themselves. Its oligarchy were practicing.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Who Promised To Donate To Buhari’s Re-election Dies In Car Accident / Sowore To Take up Volunteer Teaching Job In Abuja / Aisha Yesufu: I Witnessed Same-Sex Marriage In Nigeria In The 80s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.