Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,456 members, 7,843,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola (1603 Views)

Fashola: Nnamdi, Chike Ibezim (Reportera) Not In Our Custody - DSS / The Original Footage They Extracted Tambuwal's Voice For Fake Rigging Recording / Killing Of Policemen: Police Slams Army. Asks, "Where Is Arrested Kidnapper?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by renderme: 6:27pm On Aug 12, 2023
Reportera news, a news blog that came under fire after posting fake news about ex Minister and Lagos state Governor Fashola, has cried out about his brother being taken away by the DSS. You would recall that after the news was posted, Fashola sued all parties concerned.

The owner of the blog, IruefiNG, posted the following on twitter:

I'd like to inform Nigerians that my brother Chike Victor Ibezim was abducted by men of the DSS 2 days ago following a "defamaton" & "cyber-stalking" petition written against my media company
@ReporteraNews
by Babatunde Fashola based on the News report we published (Attached).

For the first 24 hours, we didn't know his whereabouts, we were aware he was taken by law enforcement because they came in search of me but met my absence but we didn't know which and where he was taken to, not until yesterday evening.
I have neither been giving any invitation based on this petiole and neither have I formally been invited to report for any case, thus wonder why they'd swoop on me and attack a member of my family in my stead, for sometime he knows absolutely nothing about.
While this is not the time to talk about the article for which reason Reportera was petitioned, I'd like to categorically make it clear that we didn't make a false allegation against the former minister, we only reported what was already in the media and even called it a rumour.
I call on all well-meaning Nigerians who know that the Rule of Law must be upheld in a 21st century democracy to join voices with me and my family to call for the immediate release of my brother followed with a proper & procedural investigation into this case to ascertain guilt.
Again, let me reiterate that I haven't received an invitation from the DSS and even when their men came in contact with my family, they didn't give any reasons for their visit or drop any details regarding his abduction neither was any instruction received to report anywhere.
Hence I don't even know what my next move should be. On this note, I'd like to tell Nigerians that I am worried about my safety. I have a very young family who depend on me and I cannot afford to be illegally kept away from them for even a second.
This country keeps giving us reasons not to believe in it as the day goes by but we will never stop because we have no other country apart from this. Please join voices with me to ensure that myself, my brother, family and business gets justice.

Source: https://twitter.com/IruefiNG/status/1690331681595564034

Lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by immortalcrown(m): 6:29pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bloggers should be careful. You do not have the same right as certified media companies.
Afamed:
Does the cerified Media company have the right to promote fake news / or defaming individual characters?
No. But they are less vulnerable than bloggers. There is a limit to which a certified media company will be dragged or tortured because of fake news. This is because certified media companies have some rights that serve as immunity for them. They also have leverage on most of the influential people. Rain wey wet rat fit no do Lizard anything. Security is the key thing here. The media deceives the public even in America.

3 Likes

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Afamed: 6:32pm On Aug 12, 2023
Tell your brother to hire lawyers so that he can provide evidence to his claims that Fashola was the one writing the judgement for the Tribunal.

It's simple as ABC

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Afamed: 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2023
immortalcrown:
Bloggers should be careful. You do not have the same right as certified media companies.

Does the cerified Media company have the right to promote fake news / or defaming individual characters?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Georgry(m): 6:36pm On Aug 12, 2023
grin

He should be locked up and they should throw the key to the deepest part of the Atlantic Ocean.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by DeepThroater: 6:37pm On Aug 12, 2023
So you knew it was a rumour and still went about spreading it .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by happney65: 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
Good for you!

Just go to DSS office to secure the release of your brother with proof of your story on Fashola.

grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by yinkus6750(m): 6:38pm On Aug 12, 2023
You should own up and let them release your brother.
Go and proof your innocence with the source of your news

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by jaymichael(m): 6:41pm On Aug 12, 2023
Afamed:
Tell your brother to hire lawyers so that he can provide evidence to his claims that Fashola was the one writing the judgement for the Tribunal.

It's simple as ABC
Two bottle of Heinekens beer🍺 on me 👍

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Bigkoko: 6:43pm On Aug 12, 2023
Any wonder they behave like touts? When their C-IN-C is a tout and a deadbeat drug cartel baggy man, what do you expect? Imagine the police in civilized clime arresting you because they are looking for your brother or mother?

We thought the worse would be buhari but, there was an Asiwaju lurking inn the shadows.... Well all these are gonna end in a few months!
Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Afamed: 6:44pm On Aug 12, 2023
One frustrated children of bitterness has come above

He left the issue in discussion only to start attacking personality.

Truly electoral defeat is worse than Electrical shock

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by bennybuhari: 6:45pm On Aug 12, 2023
Don't mess with Fashola.

12 Likes

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by leanonme82: 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Some people just love fake news.

8 Likes

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Georgry(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bigkoko:
Any wonder they behave like touts? When their C-IN-C is a tout and a deadbeat drug cartel baggy man, what do you expect? Imagine the police in civilized clime arresting you because they are looking for your brother or mother?

We thought the worse would be buhari but, there was an Asiwaju lurking inn the shadows.... Well all these are gonna end in a few months!

You might be the next person to be arrested, someone who threatened to kill president Joe Biden was shot dead by FBI recently, nothing happened.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:46pm On Aug 12, 2023
Agbadorian mod deleting opposing opinion/post.
Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by leanonme82: 6:49pm On Aug 12, 2023
DSS came looking for him and took his brother for questioning. Why is he hiding? He should present himself at DSS office and his brother will be released. He sounds so gentle now. He wasn't talking like this after he made the fake news.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Pepperdemisback: 6:51pm On Aug 12, 2023
The idiot will soon cry tribalism. Where did he write there its a rumour? He is still telling lies, how do you know they are Law Enforcement Agencies and how do you know what he was arrested for? Probably collected money like his fellow idiot did to defame Eniola Badmus.
There's one idiot here on this NL who posts fake news about people's death just for traffic. He will even post Candlelight, Service of songs, burial etc.
He has posted Aki, Regina, Chioma etc death, all just for stupid traffic.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by festacman(m): 6:52pm On Aug 12, 2023
Bloggers often post fairy tales as truths in order to drive traffic and earn income. Well, every business has risks and hazards. Just as they smile to the bank with earnings, bloggers who take risks should be ready to go to court when sued for their contents.

It is what it is.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Gajagojo: 6:54pm On Aug 12, 2023
DeepThroater:
So you knew it was a rumour and still went about spreading it .

Whether he reported a rumor or not what happened to rule of law? Why is his brother arrested? Did you go to school at all.
Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by leanonme82: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
Pepperdemisback:
The idiot will soon cry tribalism. Where did he write there its a rumour? He is still telling lies, how do you know they are Law Enforcement Agencies and how do you know what he was arrested for? Probably collected money like his fellow idiot did to defame Eniola Badmus.
There's one idiot here on this NL who posts fake news about people's death just for traffic. He will even post Candlelight, Service of songs, burial etc.
He has posted Aki, Regina, Chioma etc death, all just for stupid traffic.
Don't mind them. When dt Igbo politician locked up Chude concerning phone calls they didn't insult the man all oversocial media.

But they've been trending Fashola with insults for this boys offense. They cover their own and demonize others.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Gajagojo: 6:55pm On Aug 12, 2023
leanonme82:
DSS came looking for him and took his brother for questioning. Why is he hiding? He should present himself at DSS office and his brother will be released. He sounds so gentle now. He wasn't talking like this after he made the fake news.
So it is OK for DSS to take his brother instead of him?
Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by leanonme82: 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

Whether he reported a rumor or not what happened to rule of law? Why is his brother arrested? Did you go to school at all.

He's hiding. Once he presents himself his brother will be released. It's normal protocol.

5 Likes

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by seunmsg(m): 6:56pm On Aug 12, 2023
I have a very young family who depend on me and I cannot afford to be illegally kept away from them for even a second.

This is the silliest and most annoying part of the write up. You have a young family that depends on you but you take joy in lying and spreading falsehood against the head of another family. So, is your family more important than Fashola’s family?

This attempt to rally emotional support and blackmail the DSS has failed. Report yourself to the DSS and stop hiding. You will be properly investigated and prosecuted for your crimes.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Gajagojo: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
leanonme82:

He's hiding. Once he presents himself his brother will be released. It's normal protocol.
It is normal?
Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Georgry(m): 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
Gajagojo:

You wey go school, professor of IPOB, he should quietly report himself to the DSS and his brother will be released, meanwhile, he will be staying with the DSS for a very long time.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by TimeMachine2: 6:58pm On Aug 12, 2023
Ibo people think they can sit down and write rubbish against other people without going down for it? There is something fundamentally wrong with such culture that glorifies lies and crimes.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by raskymonojendor: 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2023
The modafuckers will be posting fake news upandan. When the long arm of the law grabs them, they start shedding tears and acting like victims.

From the name of the blogger owner, na dem dem. They have gone totally mental since their "yes daddy" came 3rd in the elections.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by leanonme82: 7:02pm On Aug 12, 2023
On the fateful day soldiers were supposedly surrounding Fashola in Abuja as he wrote PEPT judgement, he was seen in surulere at his father's 10yr remeberance and in the evening at Tobi Ashafas wedding in Victoria Island Lagos.

These propagandists are so slow, so it's Fashola dt has not practised law in over 20yrs of his public service dt judges will ask to write a judgement, when APC has a huge team of a-list lawyers. Their audience are mumus.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by TimeMachine2: 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
Georgry:

You might be the next person to be arrested, someone who threatened to kill president Joe Biden was shot dead by FBI recently, nothing happened.

Those foolish misfits think they can commit crime and hide under freedom of expression. Yes, there's freedom of speech, but freedom after speech is conditional. Fukkc around and find out.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reportera Owner Cries Out After brother is arrested for Fake News about Fashola by Pepperdemisback: 7:03pm On Aug 12, 2023
leanonme82:

Don't mind them. When dt Igbo politician locked up Chude concerning phone calls they didn't insult the man all oversocial media.

But they've been trending Fashola with insults for this boys offense. They cover their own and demonize others.
I just hate them for that thing. They thought he was arrested by Lagos Government only to detect he was arrested by Anambra government with instructions from Emeka Offor. By the time they detected, they went dumb and contributed the bail.
They should help him to put fire and abuse online very well like the JAMB forger, so his matter go long.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Violence Against The Judiciary - Fredrick Nwabufo / When Will Nigerians Have Sense To Stop Depending On PHCN When There's Solar ? / Global Warming Is a Lye, Africa [southern Hemisphere] May Become Cooler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.