Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

Tired Of My Child’s Dad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Tired Of My Child’s Dad (22742 Views)

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again / “I Dont Wear Pant, If My Child Makes Suspicious Money In Ghana I Wont Take” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Ruke1989: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
they are involved but what can they do? They can’t force this man to change.. they can’t force him to do anything. They’ve tried talking to him but he has a lot of pride and ego. What can they do?
You are feeding him. The first step is to stop. Before you talk about divorce. He is damaged but like you said you have your bad side too which is your running mouth. Any man any day will be irked by the running mouth. But this bad guy of yours has self restraint knowing that he will be jailed if he beats you. Definitely he will beat you when he starts making good money.
An impatient you will divorce him. The impatient you will adopt other strategies first such as packing out. You are not even married so you commit no offense. Tell him to go get job or forget marriage for ever. That will make him caution the demon spirit that possessed him. He will call the demon to order once he realizes that the demon cannot help him secure you. He will realize no free food once you are gone and he will start working on a career path. Also, stop being sympathetic to him or his family. You are down today because you were sympathetic to a demon possessed person yesterday. You will still be laid back in life tomorrow if you decide to be sympathetic to him today. Why? because he is irrational, proud, confused and chained by his family demons. He inherited the spirit of wretchedness from his idolatrous background. His confusion, directionlessness, ego and fear of taking first step are reminiscent of a spell

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by thinkmoney(m): 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
Hi

I’m a girl in her late 20s, I live abroad was born here but spent most of my schooling years in Nigeria. I came back to do university. I’ve been with a guy now for 7 years who hasn’t paid my bride price properly due to the fact he did an arangee marriage and the divorce process is taking too long. I got with him in my early 20s.. and have a child with him. I believed in him but now I’m at the point where I’m honestly frustrated and tired. I really don’t know who to run to to express myself. We are living together but I really want to run away and start my life afresh but I want to be told the truth. I really want to be married and content, It feels like this guy has reduced me to nothing. Im so ashamed of my situation with him, it’s like I’ve disgraced myself and my family. I’m going to try and list out all the issues we’ve been facing.

1. He’s very confused about his career path. One minute he’s a musician.. then he wants to be a painter.. then he wants to be chef. This is a man in his late 30s

2. He has anger issues. We have tussled on some occasions and he threatens to beat me when he’s angry but so far he hasn’t

3. He has addictions. Betting drinking smoking. To the point where he drank so much that he almost killed himself . I was honestly fooled by the fact that he was a worker in the church and I “believed” I could change him. Young and dumb I guess.

4. Cannot communicate properly. To the point we have not had a proper conversation in almost 2 months but we are living together. I feel so lonely and stuck.

5. He insults me so bad to the point where I question myself.

6. He is not very hardworking and I don’t gel well with his family and friends.

7. None of his family ever talk about marriage or paying my bride price. All they ever ask is when I’m having another child for him. They have reduced me to nothing and I can’t blame them.

I will say that when I’m angry I can be verbally abusive also. He also claims that I’m too reserved and isolated. I feel like I’ve been pushed to the wall and I can’t recognise myself.

I really want to run away.. and start afresh. Where will I start from? I have a son how easy will it be to find love again? All the love I have for this man has gone..I don’t know if it can be rectified. He has really seen me finish.

Thank you .

Nlfpmod front page please

Thanks

I will give u my advice from my very balanced Bible knowledge.
The real red flag I see that u should have allowed to be sorted out is the 3addictions he has. See he has were you run to to seek succor- That’s he can attempt to deal temporarily with his worries by drinking and smoking and losing himself in that dangerous world, but you do not have that luxury it seems. You see his smoking and drinking might be the way he attempts to escape his reality. That looks like the reason he can do without a proper communication with him. He has is troubles but instead of discussing it with u he get lost in those his dangerous world.
I will advice separation for sometime for u guys to get your act together.
Ask him to show desire for you and the relationship by working on his addition and paying your bride price. Tell him u will be way but might not be able to wait for him for too long.
But then I tell u not to rush into another relationship because u most likely will fall into a wrong hand because of your present state of mind. And that will further scar you and destroy your character.
I tell u is possible u still love him u don’t just feel valued enough. I suspect u will miss him when u stay away.
On your part too, international reach out to his familY for wholesome and supportive relationship. Be intentional ahoutit and see how it goes. You may even arrange to move to the house of one of his family.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by kunle75(m): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
Hi

I’m a girl in her late 20s, I live abroad was born here but spent most of my schooling years in Nigeria. I came back to do university. I’ve been with a guy now for 7 years who hasn’t paid my bride price properly due to the fact he did an arangee marriage and the divorce process is taking too long. I got with him in my early 20s.. and have a child with him. I believed in him but now I’m at the point where I’m honestly frustrated and tired. I really don’t know who to run to to express myself. We are living together but I really want to run away and start my life afresh but I want to be told the truth. I really want to be married and content, It feels like this guy has reduced me to nothing. Im so ashamed of my situation with him, it’s like I’ve disgraced myself and my family. I’m going to try and list out all the issues we’ve been facing.

1. He’s very confused about his career path. One minute he’s a musician.. then he wants to be a painter.. then he wants to be chef. This is a man in his late 30s

2. He has anger issues. We have tussled on some occasions and he threatens to beat me when he’s angry but so far he hasn’t

3. He has addictions. Betting drinking smoking. To the point where he drank so much that he almost killed himself . I was honestly fooled by the fact that he was a worker in the church and I “believed” I could change him. Young and dumb I guess.

4. Cannot communicate properly. To the point we have not had a proper conversation in almost 2 months but we are living together. I feel so lonely and stuck.

7. None of his family ever talk about marriage or paying my bride price. All they ever ask is when I’m having another child for him. They have reduced me to nothing and I can’t blame them.

I will say that when I’m angry I can be verbally abusive also. He also claims that I’m too reserved and isolated. I feel like I’ve been pushed to the wall and I can’t recognise myself.

I really want to run away.. and start afresh. Where will I start from? I have a son how easy will it be to find love again? All the love I have for this man has gone..I don’t know if it can be rectified. He has really seen me finish.

Thank you .

Thanks

Are you based in Naija or where?
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by ayandee: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
gard9ner:

There was no tangible attraction, it was probably about the money, she mentioned that it was an arranged marriage, probably the guy man used her for citizenship by marriage since she claimed to have been birthed there, so a citizen by birth (though she didn’t mention the country by I assume somewhere in Europe from her statement about divorce protocols).

They used her so how will they value her, well, there is always a way in every situation. This is a small case, I’ve met worse
from her post, I think the guy did arrangee with some one else and he is having trouble divorcing the other woman so he can't legally marry op.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by jackmrandy: 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
Hi

Thank you .

Thanks

Good for you.. Carry your cross...... Church worker indeed. Evening thinking you can change him. Sister carry your cross's..
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by HaneefahRN(f): 2:01pm On Aug 13, 2023
So you want to be fully married to this kind of person,.not sure what really is bordering you whether it is that he did not pay your bride price or he is not a worthy husband material.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Sweetvie: 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Sometimes I do wonder how people say they want to change someone who's not ready for change, people who think they're living their best life.
You said you don't love him anymore but still want him to pay your bride price. Which side are you? Girls do so many silly things for love, like having a baby for someone who doesn't even know what he want.
Anyways, life is too beautiful to be tied down by an irresponsible guy. I think you're not ready, some part of you still want him. You're an adult you can decide what's best for you and the kid.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by gard9ner(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
patorial:

Divorce from which marriage, biko?
Her partner’s marriage with a contracted white woman (a citizen)
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by samuelson06(m): 2:02pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
I’m working, I’m doing averagely okay. I can do better which I’m striving towards at the moment. Having a child really set me back but I’m getting there. The most important thing is that I have money coming in every month and I have a very supportive family.

Have a hard talk with him. Listen closely to what he says and follow him up for corresponding actions.

If he's not ready to adjust and live responsibly, then you should consider living.

However, having just a child can't stop you from getting married again. The most important thing is to take care of yourself and your child right now.

Let me stop here for now.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by SoaringLife01: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
Hi

Thank you .

Thanks

From your story, my observations are:
1. You have to work on your bad mouth character. Men want to respected and every verbal abusive words you hurled at your partner is making him to drift away from you gradually.
2. Your child's dad is a disgrace to manhood. To be a man is not just having big 'brokos', it is all about responsibility.
3. Your partner is using emotional warfare on you, that is, trying to reduce your self esteem to a piece of 'madika'.

My Recommendation.
1. Run like Ben Johnson from this relationship...
Go start a NEW LIFE.
NOTE: If you are leaving the relationship with your child, don't deny the child of having contact with his/her daddy.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by boldsleek: 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
I don’t think so. I think I can’t believe that I’ve reduced myself like this. It bothers me a lot..
This your answer solves it all.

you don't want to be with him again, even if he wants to pay dowry, you still don't want him.

Then, dust yourself up, walk away from him. stop wallowing in the past of years you spent with him, focus on the good side that gave you a beautiful child.

move away from him, stay focused, love yourself and your child, if love comes again give it a chance, if it doesn't.., still no problem.

All that matters is you LOVING yourself, and filling your life with every beautiful things of life.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Shinor(m): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
not really.. I guess I just feel ashamed of the situation I’m in. But then I ask myself how hard will it be to find someone else.. especially with a child?

I think you're focusing on the wrong thing. Your thought at this time should not be finding love, but rebuilding yourself emotionally and mentally, bettering yourself in terms of a career and earning power and loving yourself.

If you walk into another relationship in this deflated state, you will just end up being used and abused again.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Sijo01(f): 2:04pm On Aug 13, 2023
Puss360:
Wahala.. if all these are present, then what actually attracted you to him?? I'm very sure it's not money... Is it sex?? What exactly?

Just file for divorce on grounds of irreconcilable differences....
Rent a small apartment, and go with the child...
Move on...
Don't involve his family or your family...as the case is, you don't need dialogue, you don't need "To exercise patience", you need space!!!
Move on...
He can come visit his kid...
But you move on... There are other men out there who are better than him in everything including the Sex aspect... Check well grin grin

Case Dismissed...
Next Case Please...

They're not married. Just cohabiting.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by gard9ner(m): 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2023
Ruke1989:

You are feeding him. The first step is to stop. Before you talk about divorce. He is damaged but like you said you have your bad side too which is your running mouth. Any man any day will be irked by the running mouth. But this bad guy of yours has self restraint knowing that he will be jailed if he beats you. Definitely he will beat you when he starts making good money.
An impatient you will divorce him. The impatient you will adopt other strategies first such as packing out. You are not even married so you commit no offense. Tell him to go get job or forget marriage for ever. That will make him caution the demon spirit that possessed him. He will call the demon to order once he realizes that the demon cannot help him secure you. He will realize no free food once you are gone and he will start working on a career path. Also, stop being sympathetic to him or his family. You are down today because you were sympathetic to a demon possessed person yesterday. You will still be laid back in life tomorrow if you decide to be sympathetic to him today. Why? because he is irrational, proud, confused and chained by his family demons. He inherited the spirit of wretchedness from his idolatrous background. His confusion, directionlessness, ego and fear of taking first step are reminiscent of a spell
Easy oo
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by 9lifes(m): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
Sister, you have to find yourself and the only you can do that is letting go. You are afraid of what people will say and a life of loneliness, but you are already experiencing the things you fear.

Low self-esteem and a poor self-image makes one clingy even when they know they is no way forward. You are clinging instead of letting go. Go for counseling, work on yourself so you can find joy, joy brings good luck, bitterness dries the bone.

Why fighting to marry a man whose family does not want you and even his friends? The future you so desire (marriage) does not look rosy if you are already in this situation. So what exactly do you want? If you made a mistake or you feel you have wasted your time, not telling yourself the truth is not going to make it better.

The way forward:

You need to come to a place of strength before you can make tough decisions.
1) if you want this marriage you have two obstacles, your husband and his family. First, give it one more try if you feel there something left to fight for. You need to talk to him and let him know that you are on you way out and that if is he still wants to continue the relationship,both of you need to come up with a working plan . That plan must include counseling for both of you..both psychological, spiritual and marriage counseling. Mental health can kill.

If you guys succeed then you can proceed to find peace with his family.

2) You need a strong support group. Don't ever isolate your self. Isolation brings out the devil in people around you who are not matured. Since you mentioned your family, come up with a plan and discuss it with the most matures person in your family, not everyone.

3) work on your anger issues. It is rare for people to utterly hate their friends partner. If you are controlling woman, be sure he will tell his friends and may be him avoiding you is a coping mechanisms- I may be be wrong bit examine yourself.

So many things to write here.My 2 cent. I wish you d best.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by paulshedow(m): 2:09pm On Aug 13, 2023
There is no any long story here, please give space if you ca find a place and go for your sanity and peace of mind do please, before you die out of high BP. There is power of given space to any toxic relationship marriage inclusive. God bless you..
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Horlardorjah(m): 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
Hi

Thank you .

Thanks

You can still rediscover yourself but gat can't be done while still with him. It takes lots of energy, quality environment and healthy(positive) people around to achieve this.
Since discussing with him ain't possible n can't bring out positive outcome, I suggest you leave before another child comes in and that will further tie you down.
Good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by greggng: 2:10pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
Hi

Thank you .

Thanks

Legally you are not married to him untill his divorce is concluded .
Secondly stop beating yourself . You have already made the mistake...pick up your life and start afresh ..There are many responsible men.looking for people like you . Remaining in abusive marriage is worse than hell fire . Tell your family what you are going through . Apologise to them for your mistake ...get yourself an apartment and start planning your life ...Assuming you are in USA...I would ve linked you up with a lady who can guide you through this process ...she was through this kind of situation ...although she didn't have baby for his ex ...but she became herself after going her separate ways. Some men are bondage

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Abagworo(m): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
You gotta move on move on move on. You're still young and can start afresh if you wish but my reason for suggesting you move on is so that you won't end up assorowing. Marrying a man without focus is self destructive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by UnfairLife7(m): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
luminouz:
Look at how everyone is advising her to leave him...not even trying to advise her to work things out using family or pastor or counselor. Yet when she does and becomes a single mom with kids, they will still abuse her and says no man deserves a single mother.

It's funny how the first solution to these issues from women on NL is to 'LEAVE HIM'. Yet many of these women have worse relationships offline and they never leave their men.

Make I just Waka dey go jejely.

it's your type that believe single men don't deserve single mothers. Single mothers later found love and are getting married every Saturday.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Sijo01(f): 2:11pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
not really.. I guess I just feel ashamed of the situation I’m in. But then I ask myself how hard will it be to find someone else.. especially with a child?

@bold, with this mentality of yours, you're never going to leave that abusive relationship.

Remove the thought of finding another relationship for now, leave the one you're into first, find/rediscover yourself, build your happiness on your own and not tieing it to anyman. Live for yourself, son and family then you can start talking about another relationship.

1 Like

Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by miriamchi(f): 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
I don’t think so. I think I can’t believe that I’ve reduced myself like this. It bothers me a lot..
I have sent you a mail.
Let's talk more on this...
Hopefully I can proffer some worthy solutions
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by FireUpNow(m): 2:14pm On Aug 13, 2023
Why do arrangey marriage with a fellow Nigerian man?
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by pargelenis(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
Why are you doing this to yourself?
Forget that baby daddy of yours and move on.
He’s the worst of the worst.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by bepositive11: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2023
incandescentena:
You are unwell. How dare you call someone partner a "walking timebomb"?! Even the op didm't describe her man in such wreckless way. She only stated what she's experiencing with her gee

What she said was right. He is indeed a walking timebomb. Google the meaning.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by CanadaOrBust: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
Reference:
One thing is not clear. Divorce is a legalistic term and I cannot see in the write up where you are married. So I can't understand how 'the process is taking a long time'.

Divorce from his ex wife is taking too long
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by malvisguy212: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2023
Babe1994:
I’m working, I’m doing averagely okay. I can do better which I’m striving towards at the moment. Having a child really set me back but I’m getting there. The most important thing is that I have money coming in every month and I have a very supportive family.
keep shame aside , go to your family, explain everything to them. and how you have regretted everything. your family love you, they will never reject there own. from that position, you can begin your pursue for happiness again. good luck to you and may God guide you.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by patorial(m): 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
gard9ner:

Her partner’s marriage with a contracted white woman (a citizen)
You don dey confuse me o.

I thought she said the partner did a small marital rite and hasn't legalize the marriage.
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by AMI3(m): 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2023
One sided story. Did he start all these bad attitude at once?

Let me hear from the man before i can put my mouth
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Ernesthugo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2023
lipsrsealed
kunle75:

Are you based in Naija or where?
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by Babe1994: 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2023
AMI3:

he has been like this right from the beginning. I’m not perfect too but I know I’m not too bad
Re: Tired Of My Child’s Dad by CanadaOrBust: 2:27pm On Aug 13, 2023
AMI3:

Well, you can’t hear from the man. If someone comes to you in confidence for advice, do you ask them to go bring the person the advice is about??!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Person Is Missing / How To Know If Your Mum Is A Typical Nigerian Mother. / How Did You Feel After Your First Child?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.