Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,053 members, 7,818,158 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 AM

Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State (16863 Views)

Police Intercept 7,500 Live Cartridges, ₦‎600 Million Indian Hemp In Kebbi / Illegal Arms Dealers Nabbed With 10,000 Live Cartridges In Ibadan (Photo) / Police Intercept 34,000 Live Cartridges From Togo At Ogun Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Thonyb(m): 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2023
The Nigerian Customs Service (NCS), Ogun Area 1 Command, has intercepted no fewer than 1,245 live cartridges concealed in some bags of rice.

The seizure was made at Tobolo community near Ijoun, in Yewa North Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The Area Controller, Bamidele Makinde, made this known during a press conference held in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, on Monday

Makinde told newsmen that the ammunition was loaded with 203 bags of foreign rice and abandoned in a bush path at Tobolo junction, near an exit point to the neighbouring Benin Republic.

According to him, the cartridges, 70mm (2¾), were of Lion, Trust, Supreme and Redstar brands.

The customs boss noted that the ammunition was intercepted on Saturday following intelligence gathered by the command on the planned smuggling of the prohibited items into Nigeria from Benin Republic.

He informed that the Roving B Team of the command intercepted five vehicles conveying the prohibited items.

The Area Controller disclosed that the drivers who were suspected to have been hinted at the movement of the operatives, escaped through the bush path and evaded arrest.

“During an examination of the seized vehicles and the item, about 1,245 rounds of 70mm ((2¾)) ammunition of Lion, Trust, Supreme and Redstar branded cartridges were found to have been ingeniously concealed in 20 bags of the intercepted foreign rice.

“While considering the potential danger of ammunition of such magnitude if successfully smuggled in, we redouble our efforts to ensure they do not find their way into the country. It is a threat to the safety of the border communities and national security. We are committed to ensuring maximum security of our border lines with all sense of patriotism.”

Makinde put the duty payable on the seized ammunition and rice at N17,638,145.

He said the items have been deposited for safekeeping, pending necessary action, adding that an “investigation is ongoing to unravel the cartel responsible for the attempted smuggling of the items for arrest and prosecution,” Makinde said.

He said the development is coming barely a week after a marching order was given to the command by the Acting Comptroller-General, Bashir Adeniyi, during his working visit to Ogun the week before.

https://.ng/2023/08/14/ogun-customs-intercepts-1245-live-cartridges-concealed-in-bags-of-rice/

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by fyzaila: 8:04pm On Aug 14, 2023
Enemies of this nation at work. May God Almighty forsake all their efforts to crumble this our dear country.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by eliyke(m): 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
We no dey ever know d owners,hw we won come take stop future occurrence (if some Neva even enter unnoticed) now?

16 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by FutureRecord: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
fyzaila:
Enemies of this nation at work. May God Almighty forsake all their efforts to crumble this our dear country.
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by FutureRecord: 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
eliyke:
We no dey ever know d owners,hw we won come take stop future occurrence (if some Neva even enter unnoticed) now?
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by eliyke(m): 8:32pm On Aug 14, 2023
[quote author=FutureRecord post=125113021][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by AppleTechy4: 9:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
Did you know millions of people buy ebooks on Amazon daily? you don't need to be an author before you create and upload yours for free within 3days with my full support . It's easier than expected.You can start with small volume ebooks like 24 pages with good title/content. I would guide you on ways to upload it on Amazon through their Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), how to create foreign account to receive payment etc.My students that upload up to 5 short books are cashing out monthly from Amazon.
Did you know also that there are apps that can help you write over 100 pages instantly? I would take you through fast lane.
The course is valued above N20,000 but I would be offering it for just N1500 (almost free) to empower only 120 serious individuals. Now you don't have to wait till you have money before you start business.
Chat me to know more about the course and my mentorship style .
Remember, this is just to help you . Act fast and grab the few slot remaining

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Antoeni(m): 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
Guys ,If you cannot marry her dont date nor sleep with her .
U cannot scratch Glo nd load Mtn🙅😕
Am I communicating?

12 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by accordadoga26(f): 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ipob cannot hijack our dear country because one 3rd class dullard lost election.

Kudos to our gallant officers.

A job well done.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Cbsan(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Racoon(m): 9:14pm On Aug 14, 2023
So much proliferation of unauthorised arms and ammunition. Who are those behind it?

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by mrjoeblinks: 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
Ehen?
Drama everywhere!
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by lokotamak(m): 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
cheesy
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by RingRoadMafia: 9:15pm On Aug 14, 2023
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Canibal818: 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
Everyone Read below no Playing guys
No dulling

Palmpay just started doing give away were boys de use cash out

they are giving away 20k naira for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free. See the pics below

Am a old user but I still use another phone number to register another account and collect the reward.

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo
Hurry now that is new…

And send me 5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid031rLygWGPE9cYXmyArBEqFmkFEvSoTHmrHJUExaS5YX1pLm6xTW8Yy6Dp3nq4bWQil/?mibextid=cr9u03

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by kestolove95(m): 9:17pm On Aug 14, 2023
Iyamiri miscreants order it

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Finestgurlie(f): 9:18pm On Aug 14, 2023
cheesy afenjeezy again

accommodators again

7 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Timoleon(m): 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
So where’s the rice

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by iyke2frankeze: 9:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
Too many sources of IGR. Skull mining and organ harvesting on the increase. Drug trafficking on the increase.

1 Like

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Carlylepneuma: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
I pray may Allah continue to expose anybody involved or contributing towards sabotaging the peace of our dear nation Amin...

3 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Chibuzoripob: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
sad consignments of Eluuupes from TOP to BOTTOM TERRORISTS
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Chibuzoripob: 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2023
shocked sad God will continue to shame Obidients,Eluuup 🐖s.May the RED SEA consume those 🐖s

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Chijeep(m): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
Tinubu preparing for the said anarchy...
God help us from this evil people ooo

5 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by OboOlora(f): 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
Intercept one and release 10 for Dapo and his boiz🤣

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Nefort: 9:21pm On Aug 14, 2023
The question is how much arms have previously succeeded in escaping detection?
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Lanretoye(m): 9:22pm On Aug 14, 2023
Na why una wan make them open boarder.
Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by MarketDispatch: 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Thonyb:

e/

But why is it that Customs is always intercepting but never catching the real Owners and Kingpins whilst NDLEA intercepts and catches the Kingpins and the real Owners.

3 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by MrsTwrite(f): 9:23pm On Aug 14, 2023
Make dem release the rice na sad

2 Likes

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by Bobbiee: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
These are just the ones they caught

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customs Intercepts 1,245 Live Cartridges Concealed In Bags Of Rice In Ogun State by blacksam01: 9:24pm On Aug 14, 2023
This is not a bad news na...in the south east...all nook and croony has native and registered security outfit which are in pissessiin of pump action....and that is the catriges they use....

Theives in that area dont even operate with such guns.....

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video Of Repentant Ex-Baby Seller Confessing To Having Sold 30 Babies In Rivers / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By Business Colleague In Brazil. Photo / Naval Brutality At Sapele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.