Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,878 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After (25057 Views)

Please Help, My Mum Is Lazy And Its Draining Me / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage / "How My Husband Left Me One Month After Marriage" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 6:19am On Aug 15, 2023
My younger brother passed on almost a month ago after being admitted for 3 month at UCH Ibadan. The young man was in his twenties who just wrote is last paper in February. He was diagnosed of aplastic anaemia and was under medical attention untill he passed on.

The death came to us with deep sorrow and pain. I have tried to move on even though it's difficult. I still cry every day secretly but my biggest concern right now is how to get my mother to move on. She has remain unconsolable as every morning I could hear her cries as early as 4.00am daily. I had to be with her in her room talking to her.

Soon, I will be travelling and I am worried she may never find any reason to be happy.

I have spoken to her in my little wisdom and don't even know what else to be telling her.

I need our advice please on how better to handle this and what can be done to effectively help the situation

46 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 15, 2023
😭 sorry dear, just tell her that if she wants you to succeed in life and excel in whatever you are traveling for then she should stop crying and move on with her life. Tell her that's the only motivation you need from her.
Tell her that her refusal to stop crying and move on is haunting your soul and causing you depression. Tell her only a positive energy from her can help you forge ahead.
Tell her to be strong and take everything in her stride and move on with life.
Sorry for your loss

237 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Jewessgratitud3: 6:33am On Aug 15, 2023
So sorry for your loss.

Just make her understand how she's making you feel with her constant crying and how its affecting you badly.

Ask her if she doesn't value you that is still with her and wants to risk losing another son ( God forbid). She'll not want to hear that and watch how she'll quickly stop and recover fast.

May God protect you and your family.
Affliction will not arise a second time. in Jesus name.

141 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by sihamey: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2023
Sorry for your loss, I can feel her pains, is a matter of time she will be fine, give her strong words of encouragement and look for someone to counsel her.

15 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 6:37am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
😭 sorry dear, just tell her that if she wants you to succeed in life and excel in whatever you are traveling for then she should stop crying and move on with her life. Tell her that's the only motivation you need from her.
Tell her that her refusal to stop crying and move on is haunting your soul and causing you depression. Tell her only a positive energy from her can help you forge ahead.
Tell her to be strong and take everything in her stride and move on with life.
Sorry for your loss

Kai
Thank you so much for this great input. Honestly I think this will make so much sense to her. I am indeed grateful

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 6:38am On Aug 15, 2023
sihamey:
Sorry for your loss, I can feel her pains, is a matter of time she will be fine, give her strong words of encouragement and look for someone to counsel her.
Good
Thank you so much. I am indeed grateful

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 6:41am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:

Kai
Thank you so much for this great input. Honestly I think this will make so much sense to her. I am indeed grateful
You are welcome 🤗. Stay strong for her as well.
Take a stroll with her so she can refresh, make sure people are mostly around her .
Engage her more in phone conversations when you are away.
It is well with you and your family

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Apus: 6:43am On Aug 15, 2023
Sorry for your loss bro.

It is well with you and your mum.
I pray the Holy Spirit comfort her.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by sunnymighty(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2023
So sorry for the loss may God almighty comfort you both.

13 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
You are welcome 🤗. Stay strong for her as well.
Take a stroll with her so she can refresh, make sure people are mostly around her .
Engage her more in phone conversations when you are away.
It is well with you and your family
Amen

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by jogojogo: 7:19am On Aug 15, 2023
sunnymighty:
So sorry for the loss may God almighty comfort you both.
Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 7:21am On Aug 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

What sort of childish vomit is this?

Na adult you the give this kind talk?

Una do oh....
You couldn't even console him yet you can type gibberish
Go to sexuality section where you can function well

37 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by JASONjnr(m): 7:24am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
You couldn't even console him yet you can type gibberish
Go to sexuality section where you can function well

You already spoiled the mood....

You rushed to type your childish comments with your empty head.

4 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

You already spoiled the mood....

You rushed to type your childish comments with your empty head.
Yet you couldn't come up with anything meaningful, ain't you a dumbbo
Go to where you can function well and leave family section for people who knows what love means.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by JASONjnr(m): 7:30am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Yet you couldn't come up with anything meaningful from a dumbbo
Go to where you can function well and leave family section for people who knows what love means.

You?

Know a thing about love?

Bwahahahahahaha😂😂😂😂

Common.... You didn't tell me that you're a clown!

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

You?

Know a thing about love?

Bwahahahahahaha😂😂😂😂

Common.... You didn't tell me that you're a clown!
Truth hurts
Go to your ashawobeerparlor section and function

10 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by JASONjnr(m): 7:38am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Truth hurts
Go to your ashawobeerparlor section and function

You're still sounding like a primitive and uncivilised kiddo....

How old are you? 15?

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

You're still sounding like a primitive and uncivilised kiddo....

How old are you? 15?
You that have all these but can't advise your fellow man in pains is the kiddo
I may be 15 but obviously rich in wisdom than you can ever be.
Go and discuss prick and pussy in your ashawobeerparlor section where you will shine with your vast experience in the brothel industry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by JASONjnr(m): 7:48am On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
You that have all these but can't advise your fellow man in pains is the kiddo
I may be 15 but obviously rich in wisdom than you can ever be.
Go and discuss prick and pussy in your ashawobeerparlor section where you will shine with your vast experience in the brothel industry

How can you even say a thing like this and feel comfortable vomiting it?

See the brain that's rich with wisdom?

You should take a chill pill 💊💊....

1 Like

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Nobody: 7:51am On Aug 15, 2023
JASONjnr:

How can you even say a thing like this and feel comfortable vomiting it?

See the brain that's rich with wisdom?

You should take a chill pill 💊💊....
See as he's disguising abi no be you again.
Like I said earlier you have nothing to offer here because you don't understand love and affection and as such you won't understand people's pains as well.

8 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by chiommy123(f): 7:58am On Aug 15, 2023
So sorry for your loss. Remind her that your brother is in a better place and wouldn't want her to harm herself in any way. Pray for her. It's not easy abeg.

7 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by dominique(f): 9:06am On Aug 15, 2023
Just keep reminding her that he in a better place and no longer in pain. Keep assuring her that you will always be there for her even when not physically around. Then find something to engage her with. If she has a smartphone, download movies to keep her mind occupied or make sure she always have access to the internet. Loss of a child can be so devastating, some parents never recover from it. May we never bury our children😢

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by AgentGoat: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2023
It's not easy to move on.

2 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by ahnie: 10:07am On Aug 15, 2023
Sorry for your loss
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Saifullah01: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2023
Tell her these words if she believes:

TO God belongs what he takes, and He owns what He gives and everything has an appointment time with Him. Be patient and Hopeful

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by devoutpraise: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:
So sorry for your loss.

Just make her understand how she's making you feel with her constant crying and how its affecting you badly.

Ask her if she doesn't value you that is still with her and wants to risk losing another son ( God forbid). She'll not want to hear that and watch how she'll quickly change and recover fast.

May God protect you and your family.
Affliction will not arise a second time. in Jesus name.
AMEN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by devoutpraise: 10:36am On Aug 15, 2023
dominique:
Just keep reminding her that he in a better place and no longer in pain. Keep assuring her that you will always be there for her even when not physically around. Then find something to engage her with. If she has a smartphone, download movies to keep her mind occupied or make sure she always have access to the internet. Loss of a child can be so devastating, some parents never recover from it. May we never bury our children😢
AMEN IN JESUS CHRIST MIGHTY NAME

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by GodWrites: 11:12am On Aug 15, 2023
Allow her to cry. She's grieving. Once she has reached the acceptance stage, she will come around.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by tofolo(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2023
jogojogo:
My younger brother passed on almost a month ago after being admitted for 3 month at UCH Ibadan. The young man was in his twenties who just wrote is last paper in February. He was diagnosed of aplastic anaemia and was under medical attention untill he passed on.

The death came to us with deep sorrow and pain. I have tried to move on even though it's difficult. I still cry every day secretly but my biggest concern right now is how to get my mother to move on. She has remain unconsolable as every morning I could hear her cries as early as 4.00am daily. I had to be with her in her room talking to her.

Soon, I will be travelling and I am worried she may never find any reason to be happy.

I have spoken to her in my little wisdom and don't even know what else to be telling her.

I need our advice please on how better to handle this and what can be done to effectively help the situation
what about your dad?
Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by Yves4real(f): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2023
I am sorry for your loss.
I think crying helps some people because it helped me. While trying to suppress crying, my chest will be tight, and I find it difficult to breathe most of the time. After crying, I kind of felt relieved to an extent for some time. So, let someone always be with her and let her talk about the incident and cry. It brings relief somehow.
Is it easy to move on after just a month? I don't think so. Things may likely improve a little after 3 months because the memories created by the deceased renew the pains of his departure daily.
My advice is to keep encouraging her to be strong and back it up with prayer for God's strength. It's almost impossible to console a mother over her child's death, as she will keep wishing that she had died instead of her child.
I hope you have taken her to the hospital for a check-up since your brother passed away.
Please, comment attackers; this is my personal opinion. I beg, waka pass.

14 Likes

Re: My Mum Is Unconsolable One Month After by santakris(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2023
Eeyah. It is well with her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Husband Abandons His Wife, Says Twins, CS Are Taboos In Rivers (Photo) / Young Nairalander And His Cute Son In Pictures / Newstead Makmond Boss, Evang Obue, Wife Welcome Twins After Some Years (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.