Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,817 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:18 PM

Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three (13329 Views)

Subsidy Removal: Public Institutions To The Rescue As Parents Dump Private Schoo / Breaking: Fg Reduces Jamb, Neco, Bece Fees. / Lautech Reduces Tuition Fee Of Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by ogododo: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2023
Subsidy Removal: UI Reduces Workdays To Three For Staff

The University of Ibadan, Oyo State, has directed its staff to work for three days a week.

This was made known in a statement released by the institution in a special release with the number 4642, dated August 14, 2023, and signed by G.O. Saliu, Registrar and Secretary to Council.

It stated that the choice was made in light of the recent elimination of Premium Motor Spirit subsidies.

The statement said, “The astronomical increase in the fuel pump price occasioned by the removal of subsidy by the Federal Government has imposed huge economic difficulties on the generality of Nigerians.

"Salary earners who have to commute to work every working day are faced with an aggravation of the condition, given the attendant hike in the transport fare and cost of living.

“After careful consideration of the situation, the University Management recommended a temporary work schedule adjustment for members of staff, which Senate at its meeting of Thursday, 03 August 2023 considered and approved.

"Accordingly, members of staff are now expected to work on-site for three (3) days in rotation per week, with effect from Monday, 14 August 2073.

"It should, however, be noted that those on essential duties are exempted from this adjustment.

“It should be further noted that Management will review the arrangement as the situation improves. Meanwhile, members of staff are to maintain commitment, open communication, and cooperation towards ensuring free workflow, including working from home where and when necessary.

"In light of the foregoing, management seeks the understanding of all Deans, Directors, Heads of Departments and Units towards a smooth implementation of the intervention.”

https://twitter.com/MobilePunch/status/1691406577251635200

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 15, 2023
This is what should be done for now so that Nigerians can get relief
The kind of mess we met on ground is beyond ordinary, we need to be patient to get things right.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by EyeCumInPiece: 12:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ebola just grab steering by force, begin carry us dey go where we no know.

70 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by LagosFirstSon: 12:30pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
The kind of mess we met on ground is beyond ordinary, we need to be patient to get things right.
You're talking rubbish . Aren't you one of the people cheering Buhari led APC on till they finally destroyed what's left of Nigeria economy

The same you were all over the place cheering Tinubu on with his initial gragra policies at the beginning of his government till he finally destroyed everything and anything that Buhari left behind

95 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 15, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

You're talking rubbish . Aren't you one of the people cheering Buhari led APC on till they finally destroyed what's left of Nigeria economy
Any proof that I ever cheered Buhari?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by LagosFirstSon: 12:33pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Any proof that I ever cheered Buhari?
Are you not Iyaebe ? You must really think that we are babies on this forum

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Are you not Iyaebe ? You must really think that we are babies on this forum
I only came to politics section when it was Asiwaju's turn.
I never got involved with Buhari, get your facts right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Sultech221: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
Better
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by LagosFirstSon: 12:36pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
I only came to politics section when it was Asiwaju's turn.
I never got involved with Buhari, get your facts right.
Stop calling him "Asiwaju" because he has failed even before his government started . I hope the judiciary kick him out soon

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by a4cube: 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
That's two days sit am home. Ipob has finally infested the whole Nigeria.

Op pls give the thread a nice caption.

TWO DAYS SIT AT HOME DECLARED FOR UI WORKERS.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Nobody: 12:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

Stop calling him "Asiwaju" because he has failed even before his government started . I hope the judiciary kick him out soon
Wake up already, Obi has nothing against my Asiwaju in court. He should move on already.
I'm so happy for Asiwaju's win. Awnnn Asiwajummm

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by seborrhic: 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2023
It was said that what Buhari could not destroy didn't exist.
Today's saying maybe that "what Tinubu cannot destroy has not been conceived".
A whole University for the first time in its history doing shift days.
Retrenchment all around is just round the corner.
I am so disgusted with this bala blubu.
It's this kind of situation that made the useless military people in Niger to intervene.
Just that military goverments in Africa have been as worse as the civilian ones they overthrow.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by ogododo: 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wetin APC no fit destroyed no exist,,Nlfpmod.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Antiochus(m): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
Seun should please reduce mynd44 work days to 2.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by harmargedon: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2023
As long as salaries are paid on due date and complete as usual, then it's a good development.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by bigdammyj: 2:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
Good idea.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by sirnewton20: 2:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Welcome development

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by fatherjesse(m): 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Breakfast will reach everyone, agbadorians will wish for Buhari to return. Call me IPOB, I don't care

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by AntiChristian: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
So Verily with every difficulty there's relief!

Alhamdulillah!

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by ScholarConsult: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
This is a wise decision.

4 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by obaidan: 2:05pm On Aug 15, 2023
Essentially we are reducing productivity because Tinubu wants to kill us.

7 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by CodeTemplar: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
Foolishnesses
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by seunlayi(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by ecolime(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
Labour should fight for something similar.

Even if it's making Friday is work free day. Some Scandinavian countries adopted and they are doing fine.

1 Like

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by Conner44: 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2023
This news of my university lecturers coming to teach us only 3 times a week MUST FAVOR ME AND MY FAMILY cool

I sabi say na only their olodo’s and agbadorian members prayer go be that but make una free them jare grin it’s not easy for their tribesman to be in aso rock

2 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by wittywriter: 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2023
Courtesy the New Sherrif in town.

Wittthese.
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by goldenceo1: 2:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
Them just they start, With Tinubu policies in place people might start going to work one day per week. This I have seen!
Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
Jagaban effect. We never see anything, the east is still coping, na south west and part of northerner still dey cry. By the time the east start feeling the heat, all south west go don finish

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by PHIPEX(m): 2:11pm On Aug 15, 2023
So finally all states are now observing "Sit at home"?

What was considered a Haram in the East is now a national policy and being celebrated elsewhere?

10 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by gaskiyamagana: 2:12pm On Aug 15, 2023
Ok.
Will this not affect next Global Universities Ranking of UI ?
Tinubu is likely to break more records than Buhari.

5 Likes

Re: Subsidy Removal: University Of Ibadan Reduces Staff Workdays To Three by COMPLETETRUTH: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:

I like to be patient. Can you share the timelines for this patience?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Free Online Classes For Secondary School Students. All Subjects / Strike: Buhari Playing Physiological Game, ASUU Replies Garba Shehu / 2015/2016 Direct Entry University Of Agric,abeokuta, FUNAAB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.