Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,885 members, 7,838,175 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger (17884 Views)

Niger Coup: Northern Senators Reject Military Intervention / Holland Becomes First Eu Nation To Cancel All Sanctions Against Russia / Finally, Some Sense! Germany Calls For End To All Sanctions Against Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Abufo: 12:02am On Aug 16, 2023
FOJEM:

grin grin grin

this guy had me in stitches ...see lamentations!
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by MatrixCircle: 12:08am On Aug 16, 2023
Balablu is looking for a form of legitimacy to his Presidency which has been termed an illegitimate President both home and abroad.
He thinks making him an Ecowas chairman will bring a kind of credibility and legitimacy.

He is always working in fear . The consequences of a faulty foundation and leaving a crooked life. His past has caught up with him.

1 Like

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Litmus: 12:10am On Aug 16, 2023
Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger

Quoted must be a mistake, Nigerians are not this stupid. Perhaps the report meant, Niger Elders living in Nigeria Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On thire country Niger.

Nigeria needs to solve and settle the issue of citizenship and Nationality however painful it turns out. Huge problem with Nigeria is one of not actually knowing who is who in Nigeria. Is Tinubu Nigerian? Is Mercy Johnson Nigerian? is that person you always thought was Nigerian and who spoke igbo and knew the ins and outs of Nigeria politics and hated Nigeria with a passion- is he or she actually Nigerian?
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Newness2019: 1:01am On Aug 16, 2023
LagosFirstSon:

https://dailypost.ng/2023/08/15/coup-nef-urges-tinubu-to-remove-all-sanctions-imposed-on-niger/

THIS IS WHAT YOU PEOPLE WANTED. YOU VOTED TINUBU IN.

THERE'S NO WAY PETER OBI WILL ATTACK A FELLOW AFRICAN COUNTRY FOR ANY REASON.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by J3susFr3ak: 1:11am On Aug 16, 2023
Litmus:

Quoted must be a mistake, Nigerians are not this stupid. Perhaps the report meant, Niger Elders living in Nigeria Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On thire country Niger.

Nigeria needs to solve and settle the issue of citizenship and Nationality however painful it turns out. Huge problem with Nigeria is one of not actually knowing who is who in Nigeria. Is Tinubu Nigerian? Is Mercy Johnson Nigerian? is that person you always thought was Nigerian and who spoke igbo and knew the ins and outs of Nigeria politics and hated Nigeria with a passion- is he or she actually Nigerian?

I have met so many countless fluent Hausa speakers in Abuja back in the day whom you might mistake them for coming from Kano...only to realize they were from Niger. Back as a child, so many Fulanis from Cameroun, Niger and many other strange places could situate themselves with ease with the core Hausa northerners and you will never even know where they truly are from since most hold Government jobs and run for diverse political positions in the name of the so called "Arewa" culture brainwash.

And remember how Buhari imported a massive number of these shady terrorists from the Sahel countries like Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso etc., to wait on standby ready to aggressively wage war on Jonathan's government back in 2015 just in case he lost the elections? The underlying Jihadist undercurrent is not really dead and gone...even now. The aim is to effect a type of Muslim population destabilization through the use of "Mass Murders" carried out by the Fulanis and other Muslim terrorists and mass migration from the Sahel--with the rail line to Niger just one component of that puzzle. (Why is El Rufai currently in Beirut now--a place ridden by extreme poverty and political instability because of the disastrous policies by Islamic Terrorists like Hezbolla and the Palestinians etc., in that country to sideline the Christians politically and wreck havoc to the entire system that was once a most desirable economy in the Middle East to the current rubble--- just because they want to destroy Israel because their Islam and Iran told them to? Rufai is there to take notes and lessons on how to "do the same" here....)

The sudden coup in Niger simply alerted these Northern nonsensical leaders to the fact that their own self-seeking interests is experiencing new bumps in the road.

Any force and system in place to "slow down" or even stop these Sahelian terrorists encouraged by the similar minded terror-sponsors Northern elders is welcome. Claimed Place of Birth or even fluency in a particular Language is not enough. You need to start incorporating DNA to assert the true identity of certain types of people. Those from the Sahel will always be fished out by the dominant Y-DNA Haplogroups and also the Mitochondrial DNA that accurately traces both their genetic and national origins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by bitbillionaire: 2:40am On Aug 16, 2023
HELL NO! We would rather increase the sanction sir until the junta has no choice than to surrender! You don't handle coup plotters with kid's gloves. We can't beg them to come for dialogue or negotiation! A clear message must be passed that coup is an abomination and can't be tolerated any more in Africa
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by wowcatty: 3:34am On Aug 16, 2023
President Tinubu will not remove the sanctions right now, northern elders can't tell him what to do.
EmeeNaka:
You can imagine the audacity.
So, the Northern Elders Forum supports Niger Republic in a disagreement with Nigeria ? So, to them, it's Tinubu's fault and not the fault of the Junta.
It's even better to advise Tinubu to remove the sanctions and not get involved at all, than to advise him to remove sanctions before negotiation.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by wowcatty: 3:37am On Aug 16, 2023
Go and take him out and kiss Yorubaland goodbye!
KGBKremlin:

Only if he's ruling Lagos not nigeria, taking down Tinubu from Aso rock is easier than invading Niger Republic.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by KGBKremlin: 3:55am On Aug 16, 2023
wowcatty:

Which land you think everyone is Igbo that package themselves in Yoruba land.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by obyno82: 3:59am On Aug 16, 2023
flokii:

This is why I keep saying Southern leaders and politicians are docile especially the ones in South West. Why didn't our people start protest when Buhari and his Northern Customs boss closed all borders in South West and left the ones in North open?.

I don't know why Yorubas are just falling hands anyhow.. barely three weeks into the sanctions imposed on Niger republic, these traitors up North are already shedding tears. Just imagine what people in Benin republic who are largely farmers passed through during those dark times of Nigeria closing border on them.

Igbos will come and take you for a ride, Hausas and others in North will be ridiculing your own people right in your domain and you'd be looking like mum.u, forming nonsense political correctness.

Are you this dense? Why mentioning igbos in your rambles?

1 Like

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Zeezenho: 4:01am On Aug 16, 2023
fuckJones:
ipob will support northern elders

100% we are only waiting for Tinubu to wage war against north so we can declare our support for north and the rest will be history.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by obyno82: 4:05am On Aug 16, 2023
wowcatty:

If the courts remove him nko?
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by nextstep(m): 4:24am On Aug 16, 2023
allthingsgood:
Why has north been supporting the coupists I don’t understand.

Not that they support the coupists per-se, but Northern Nigeria and Southern Niger are the same family - until the Brits and French arbitrarily drew their borders. Till today, people have uncles, inlaws, and grandparents on both sides of the border, and there is a large volume of trade between Northern Nigerians and Niger. So the sanctions are affecting Northern Nigerians on many fronts.

1 Like

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by rummmy: 4:29am On Aug 16, 2023
Let me see if tinubu legs will be vobrating at the sound of his master's
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by relaxandsmile: 4:39am On Aug 16, 2023
The North have the right to support their brothers in Niger. If the South like, let them continue to allow the Military to pillage their land without coming together to forge a United front.

1 Like

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by wowcatty: 4:41am On Aug 16, 2023
The court is not that lawless to remove a democratically elected president.
obyno82:

If the courts remove him nko?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by wowcatty: 4:43am On Aug 16, 2023
I don't care who is who, but if you are not Yoruba, you are just a squatter and soon you will leave.
KGBKremlin:

Which land you think everyone is Igbo that package themselves in Yoruba land.

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by itsene: 4:45am On Aug 16, 2023
They should should tell Nijer junta to return to barracks and President Bazoum back in office.
The sanctions are from Ecowas and not Nigeria.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by MrsTwrite(f): 5:09am On Aug 16, 2023
Next time it won't be advise. grin
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by EdiskyHarry: 5:13am On Aug 16, 2023
Why is niger republic really the Biggest problem of Nigeria at this critical Time?
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by KGBKremlin: 5:36am On Aug 16, 2023
wowcatty:
I don't care who is who, but if you are not Yoruba, you are just a squatter and soon you will leave.

If rich tribe and people are talking who is Yoruba
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by LagosFirstSon: 5:47am On Aug 16, 2023
wowcatty:
go and tell the Fulani people from Sahel desert to leave ilorin kwara state na

Cowards

The Igbos just don't have your time with the empty threat and noise that you people been making because they are mere noise .
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Kaysalas(m): 5:57am On Aug 16, 2023
delpee:
We should focus on our interests and leave foreign interests sort out their issues with Niger. Perhaps we should establish our own home grown democracy across Africa. Libya was stable until Ghaddafi was killed by foreign interests. Same way Patrice Lumumba was killed for standing by his people.
Nigerienes appear to like their new rulers. Let them resolve their issues internally instead of imposing war on them. Moreover, this is more like a proxy war.
it is actually! france versus Russia. i hope Russia wins.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by wowcatty: 6:03am On Aug 16, 2023
Go and help me tell them now if that's heartache. Igbos don't need to have my time, you just need to know that every squatter will go back home. If you are not cowards you will be life doing something instead of on social media trying to be human.
LagosFirstSon:
go and tell the Fulani people from Sahel desert to leave ilorin kwara state na

Cowards

The Igbos just don't have your time with the empty threat and noise that you people been making because they are mere noise .
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by wowcatty: 6:05am On Aug 16, 2023
Lol!
Yoruba is everything igbos strive to be but will NEVER be in 100 lifetimes because abinibi is different from an attempt on ability.
KGBKremlin:

If rich tribe and people are talking who is Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by LagosFirstSon: 6:06am On Aug 16, 2023
wowcatty:
Go and help me tell them now if that's heartache. Igbos don't need to have my time, you just need to know that every squatter will go back home. If you are not cowards you will be life doing something instead of on social media trying to be human.
You people are selling Agbo in south east and nobody is harassing them . Na una go take una hand destroy this Lagos someday , it's just a matter of time.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by Zane2point4(m): 6:06am On Aug 16, 2023
Iamcrazy:
My problem with Nigeria is between me and God. So it doesn't concern Nigeria or her governing body in any way. I still don't know why God sent me here in the first place. It remain the greatest mystery of my whole entire life and nothing else can take up that soace in my life.

I can't imagine what the feeling would be like if I'm reading Nigeria news as a citizen and resident of Canada or Germany. Nigeria is nothing but hell. I think people sent here are those who misuse their opportunity one way or the other when they were in the better part of the world.

Probably we are sent to this place to see of the hardship and events of this place would have negative or positive consequences on us or not because sometimes, Things happening in this country targets our behaviour and attitude with the aim to make us wicked, mean and cruel in relating with others. We are just too unlucky to be here. Even the mineral resources is a problem in disguise.

Only God knows why I'm in this country. It is only in this part of the world that you will encounter challenges that doesn't have a physical or define cause/reason.. Some situation will even make you think God dey whine you
Every feels same way,the country and people i see mostly northern way of thinking doesn’t concide with what we expect,just blc they think niger is there own,see mentality!

1 Like

Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by GPAdams(m): 6:21am On Aug 16, 2023
You mean Hausa and Fulani Elders Forum abi, because these people, about 70 percent migrated from Republic of Niger. How they have taken hold of Nigeria only God knows. The Removal of Fuel subsidy and Military Coup in Niger has exposed the Northern oligarchy in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Coup: Northern Elders Urges Tinubu To Remove All Sanctions On Niger by wowcatty: 6:23am On Aug 16, 2023
Are the agbo sellers calling your land a no man's land?

Any Yoruba outside Yorubaland within Nigeria except Abuja has already sacrificed themselves, so you can do as you wish. There was a brief news of igbos were dragging Yoruba out of their houses, steal their money and set their homes on firein igboland
LagosFirstSon:

You people are selling Agbo in south east and nobody is harassing them . Na una go take una hand destroy this Lagos someday , it's just a matter of time.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Work On Facts,You Work On Figures"—PMB Counters Nigeria Being Poverty Capital / APC Is In Total Control Of INEC, El-Rufai & Zakari In Charge Of ICT - PDP / I Am Ready To Make Peace With APC - Uche Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.