Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,198 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting (41856 Views)

Naira Declines To N1,510, N1,466.31 At Parallel, Official Markets / Naira Crashes To ₦1,210 To US Dollar / Naira Crashes To Record Low At Official Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by okorogodwin4(m): 9:37am On Aug 16, 2023
Ebola keeps on decieving zombies so dollar is 800 and you said it is crashing
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by iCauseTrouble: 9:38am On Aug 16, 2023
Yes. Compare it to the N790 the headline says
tragergeorge:

But some sold Monday 946
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by chi4ik4(m): 9:39am On Aug 16, 2023
donbachi:
100% importation of foreign goods is the cause.
Lies been told. Continuous devaluation of Naira is the cause!!!
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Trybes(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2023
Fx traders a golden opportunity to buy dollar now and you'd be so glad you did later.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by duncan511: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2023
leisuretym:
How can the their own currency be so powerful when we are the one that have the gold, oil and diamonds , these people keep coming here with piece of paper for us to sign , they keep coming with nothing but baseless arguments in exchange for our resources , every Anglo and Franco German Agreement with our illiterate grand fathers should be terminated, we are not part of it, how can 1 dollar be 700 Naira when we are the one blessed with everything?
This scam is got to stop 🛑
you don't have to blame them my brother, our leader are not ready to stop answering yes Sir to them, rather they are ready to suffer the masses to deaths to prove to them (master) that they are loyal to them, also blame our selves who continue to vote in leaders every four years to take us backwards instead of forward, when we are ready for good governance, good government will come, for now, we are not yet ready

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by bizhop01: 9:41am On Aug 16, 2023
Elvis2kay:
All dollars account must be close. This is Nigeria and Naira is what we spend. No Naira account is allow in USA.
You think everyone around you are village champion like you cool
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Angelfrost(m): 9:42am On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You're sad the news is about the naira strengthening against the dollar grin

Personally, I would love nothing but the strengthening of our currency against the Dollar... However, is this not a bubble??! What exactly is being done to maintain this or keep it stronger??!

What is being done to reduce the dependence on the Dollar??!
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 9:45am On Aug 16, 2023
igbosarejews:

To be honest the real Abokis and Mauluu's in Nigeria supposed to be some of you Yoruba's I swear
I don't even understand the message you're trying to pass across
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2023
oloriooko:
stop swallowing every news hook line and sinker and stop this senseless "obi supporter" thing cuz we are all in this together irrespective of who you voted for
stop beating about the bush, grow up and face the reality
as at this morning a pound goes for 1182ngn
stop propagating false senseless news cuz daily trust posted it
what will make a dollar crash over night without attendant calculated definite economic steps over a period of time
FYI a dollar goes for 935-940 in the real parallel market today not in your parallelogram market grin

finally a question for you, do you even buy dollar or pound?

A pained obi supporter. Obi will never become the president of Nigeria.

Tinubu a Yoruba Muslim will rule Nigeria till 2031, nah the koko be that grin

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by lexy2014: 9:47am On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
It doesn't, but It reduces the value of the money. Inflations are caused by greedy rich people/humans made problems.

Ok....How does it reduce the value of the money?
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Prezzido(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER2:
Hahaha, lol. Na by media propaganda cheesy
Noted
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by lexy2014: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2023
Angelfrost:

Personally, I would love nothing but the strengthening of our currency against the Dollar... However, is this not a bubble??! What exactly is being done to maintain this or keep it stronger??!

What is being done to reduce the dependence on the Dollar??!

You have taken the discussion beyond his mental comfort zone.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Prezzido(m): 9:50am On Aug 16, 2023
Segunbabba:
Binance and Kucoin are the problem of naira in Nigeria. Kucoin and binance and still selling 940 naira for one dollar.
Federal government should ban Binance and Kucoin now if they want the stability of naira. Since binance and Kucoin have refused to sell at the central bank official rate, Tinubu should ban them now
Noted
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 9:50am On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
When was the last time you exchanged dollar or pounds? Please tell us.

As at this morning apparently it is still at 940 and you on here yapping rubbish.
You wey no get £1 for account too dey cry about the exchange rate grin
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by donbachi(m): 9:52am On Aug 16, 2023
chi4ik4:
Lies been told. Continuous devaluation of Naira is the cause!!!
what is naira devaluation?
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Calitoscassius(m): 9:54am On Aug 16, 2023
lexy2014:

How does it reduce the value of the money?
Because there would be so much money in circulations, scarce of currency or money increases the value of it.

It is like if there are so many bags of potatoes in the market the price of potatoes will fall or become very cheap, but if there are fewer or almost no bags of potatoes the price of it would be high.

I hope i made sense. cheesy
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by BluntCrazeMan: 9:54am On Aug 16, 2023
Liars.!!
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by tejumorelar: 9:55am On Aug 16, 2023
Why is Nigeria depending on the dollar amongst all currencies.... Shey dem curse our leaders ni.

Can't we just depend on our currency ? Every time dollar dollar dollar...
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by complexstuffs(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2023
RealEmilokan:

Have you called Aboki to confirm it, or you just swallow everything policians concoct through the media.

How daft some of you can be. Now anyone who refused to be fooled by politicians is Obedient?

See as IPOB cannibals dey foam for mouth...

You do dey alright las las
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Calitoscassius(m): 9:56am On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You wey no get £1 for account too dey cry about the exchange rate grin
You didn't answer my question. Again, i ask, when was the last time you exchanged dollars?

I don't even have any money in my account it is empty. So i would like to have £1 in my account.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Focusmind: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2023
Reporting live from CMS bookshop, close to first bank shocked shocked

940.13/$ to buy
920/$ to sell

2 Likes

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Geminiivory: 9:57am On Aug 16, 2023
Elvis2kay:
All dollars account must be close. This is Nigeria and Naira is what we spend. No Naira account is allow in USA.

You must be insane... Why is the FG charging for OSP( Offshore safety) and almost everything in the oil and gas sector in dollars? Nonsense talk. If you like don't go look for means to earn in dollars or any foreign currency till FG decides to do the right thing. As for me if the dollar likes it shld rise to N2000 to a dollar ,no shaking at all
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by complexstuffs(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Liars.!!

Why belle dey pain you na
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Ikaeniyan0: 9:58am On Aug 16, 2023
Calitoscassius:
You didn't answer my question. Again, i ask, when was the last time you exchanged dollars?

I don't even have any money in my account it is empty. So i would like to have £1 in my account.
I don't have a need for dollar.

I doubt you have even touch a us dollar in your life, but here you're, forming van dam on top nairaland
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Lanre1st(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
If Tinubu meeting with CBN is reason behind fall of dollar, I think they should be meeting every other day.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Geminiivory: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
spiSeyi:
Bad news for Obi grin , if PBAT can stabilize the economy by this time next year. I can tell you that Obi will lose relevance in Nigeria politics for life bcs Obi and his mobs are only banking on the poor economic status of Nigeria. You will see them bitter whenever there is any good news about Nigeria. Oh, I forgot that they have become Nigeriens, maybe Obi should try his luck in Niger 🇳🇪 grin grin

😆 If you like believe this junk news. Dollarvto Naira as at today in black market is N940.. I just asked my aboki

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by BluntCrazeMan: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2023
complexstuffs:

Why belle dey pain you na
How??

The parallel-market price is not N790.
They lied..!!
So,, why won't I shout.??

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Nobody: 10:04am On Aug 16, 2023
money121:
Good news

Thought you had Opolo.

I was Wrong Afterall.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Calitoscassius(m): 10:05am On Aug 16, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
I don't have a need for dollar.

I doubt you have even touch a us dollar in your life, but here you're, forming van dam on top nairaland
So what is your problems then? People who exchanged dollars have said that as at this morning dollar exchanged for 940. And you are here fooling yourself.

This is not about me, i have already admitted to you that i have no money, i am broke.

You are right i have never seen dollar let alone touched it. cheesy

Now, crawl back into your small minded ignorant hole.

1 Like

Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by sotall(m): 10:06am On Aug 16, 2023
Currently dollar is 927 at the P2P forex market.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by Calitoscassius(m): 10:08am On Aug 16, 2023
bizhop01:

You think everyone around you are village champion like you
grin grin grin grin they think everyone is in the same category as them.
Re: Dollar Crashes To ₦790 At Parallel Market After Tinubu, CBN Governor’s Meeting by surgical: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2023
Okortor:
Trash! Still on d high side and until dollar revert back to d price it was under GEJ before I can take jagaban/apc serious........
fear people without shame, they are very dangerous, this same people under GEJ where putting billboard everywhere asking is 217 to $ ok even at that time the highest rate was 197 now they are in the saddle and dollar has gone a wire under their watch is that not shameful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys / Fatima Dangote And Jamil Abubakar Welcome Baby Girl / How Aliko Dangote Became The Richest Man In Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.