Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax (13797 Views)

Presidential Panel On Police Reforms Swings Into Action, Okays 5-point Demand / Names Of Presidential Panel Members Probing Magu / Presidential Panel Disobeys Osibanjo's Directive, Says He Can't Order Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by dre11(m): 9:51am On Aug 16, 2023
The Chairman of the Presidential Committee on Tax Policy and Fiscal Reforms, Taiwo Oyedele, has said it is considering expanding income tax exemptions among other measures to cushion hardship on low income earners.

Oyedele said this during a dinner organised for him by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, in Lagos to celebrate his appointment.

He said, “We aim to reduce the burden on individuals and establish a structure for accountability, transparency, and prudent utilisation of taxes. Simultaneously, our concentration will be on achieving Sustainable Development Goals such as eradicating hunger, ensuring clean water access, promoting employment, improving quality of life, and more.

“Our mandate is divided into three distinct milestones. The first to be accomplished within the initial 30 days, focuses on achieving quick wins, immediate actions and decisions that can be implemented without altering existing laws. We are exploring options such as potentially removing VAT from diesel to reduce costs, expanding income tax exemptions, and similar measures to relieve people.”

Congratulating him on his appointment, the Chairperson of the Nigerian Advisory Committee of ACCA, and the Chief Client Officer of AXA Mansard Insurance, Rashidat Adebisi, said, Taiwo has a high level of competence and character.

While speaking on the challenge of revenue and taxation in the country, she said the administration must improve the system.

According to her, “Oyedele’s sensitivity to public sentiment, coupled with his tax expertise, promises beneficial outcomes for both the nation and its people.

“We can generate more revenue within increasing taxes, we are all clamouring for simplification of taxation as well, to prevent double taxes and also Nigerians want to see their taxes in action and been deployed appropriately because these are very tough times.”

https://punchng.com/presidential-panel-to-exempt-more-nigerians-from-income-tax/

9 Likes

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Racoon(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2023
After the tax reforms have choked the lives of the peasants or low income earners? The common man can breath again under this catastrophic political regime.

Any economy that majors mainly in consumption without production is bound to be doomed. Any economy grossly dependent on endless borrowing spree to regig the system is also bound to be doomed. This is because debt servicing is not debt payment.

Besides the end fact is the IGR is not and should be never be the index of economic growth assessment but the GDP and balance of trade. However, ours is compounded with the economic clueless and incompetent leaders whose obsession is what they can loot out from the system.

Absence of strong economic think tanks, lack of dynamic and feasible economic policy and sharp ability to detect when the economic indices are in the red then apply the necessary antidotes.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by phemmie06(m): 9:58am On Aug 16, 2023
This Govt has always do the opposite of whatever they told us

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by MykellOni(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
A
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by easzypeaszy(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
Wow... Dis will go along way for a lot of salary earners.
My Tax monthly is 32k imagine if dey free dat one.
It will pay my 3kids fees for 1year.

6 Likes

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Buhari4dullard: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
Druglord has no idea what to do.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Risingblue008(m): 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
Fee
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by oolala866: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
This Tinubu Government is not favoring me and my family oh. cry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by EyeCumInPiece: 9:59am On Aug 16, 2023
Audio exemption that not easily be seen or measured.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Betterbozz(m): 10:00am On Aug 16, 2023
It is not just to talk and talk. They should do what they are meant to do.
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Manny21: 10:00am On Aug 16, 2023
The problem of average Nigerian is not the payment of tax but what the taxes are used for. Payment of taxes is easier if there are commensurate tax benefits. Regardless of who pays the tax, they will still use it to finance unnecessary cost of governance like what Akpabio described as "token" sent to Senator's account.

12 Likes

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Feintline: 10:00am On Aug 16, 2023
Grammar , media noise, media hype, no action illegitimate government.
Student how far with your loan?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by wittywriter: 10:00am On Aug 16, 2023
Courtesy the new Sherrif in town.

Wittyness
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by MrPRevailer(m): 10:01am On Aug 16, 2023
Ok
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by visionair2023: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2023
This regime is not favoring me and my family eeee. undecided
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Kingpele(m): 10:02am On Aug 16, 2023
Is well in agbadorians voice the ronu people this tax reduction will favour me and my family... poor people in this country is no longer going to breath afterall because they're still considering it .and they might be at it till the end of time...my problem is not even with our clueless politicians...my problem is with the very poor masses that support them..my younger bro travelled to UK last week for vacation and he kept cursing our government on the phone when I was talking to him....he was excited because of the beauty of the white man country....our politicians will go to such places but won't even bother to find out how they were able to build their country...rather they will loot our common till and still invest it in already beautiful continents Europe and America...chai God help us in this country

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Coronavirus1: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2023
This government bad o them nor want give poor man chance.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Ikaeniyan0: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2023
Good news

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Creamypie(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2023
APC is worse than military regime of buhari, babangida and abacha put together

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by NaughtyBrainiac: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2023
Yes please. Exempt the poor and let the Rich pay the Taxes they ought to pay.

Too many Nigerians making Millions of Naira without paying Taxes

Yet, they will join people in badmouthing the Nation. Do those Yeye Skit Makers pay Taxes?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2023
Lol...
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by DenreleDave(m): 10:07am On Aug 16, 2023
How does this helps the common man?
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by BluntCrazeMan: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2023
Ok naa..

But then, how can there be good Tax Regime WHERE THERE IS NO SINGLE CATEGORISED DATA OF THE CITIZENS WHO ARE EARNING, (and those who are unemployed)

How can there be good tax regime where there is no data which captured the modes and methods of earnings (for those citizens who are earning), their earning ranges, and most importantly,, THEIR EXPENDITURE PATTERNS,, as well as the Uncompromised Data on the Luxury Taxes.??

NO SINGLE BASE DATA...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Blaze14k: 10:08am On Aug 16, 2023
This administration say alot of good things without implementation

1 Like

Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Mbedilipoo(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2023
Okay
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by Kawasakkii: 10:10am On Aug 16, 2023
Good
Re: Presidential Panel To Exempt More Nigerians From Income Tax by YoungLionken(m): 10:10am On Aug 16, 2023
Honestly, no one is more confused than BAT currently. I pity the people who still think BAT got game..

They should be specific about the names, if they're really sure...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Can’t Guarantee Conclusive Elections In 2019 –chairman / Panic In Nigeria As Popular Money Doubling Scheme Crashes / Bayelsa Assembly Gives Members Life Pensions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.