Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,799 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? (1966 Views)

Should I Avoid My Mom? / Seven Major Causes Of Divorce In Nigeria / Kayan Mata, Cause Of Alarming Rate Of Divorce In Abuja, Other States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 5:32am On Aug 17, 2023
I am looking at divorcing my wife on the ground of mainly cheating among a lot of other reasons. We are only married for about 9 months.

I saw a compromising chat on her phone where someone was asking her to come spend the night with him. My problem is not the guy asking her to come spend the night with him, my problem is her reply to him.

She was supposed to be in school that day but I went to pick her from school the previous day cause she has an appointment with the doctor.

She told the guy when he asked her to come spend the night that she won’t be able to come because she’s writing exams. Meanwhile she’s actually not writing any exam at that period, and was in my house at that point.

I confronted her but she came up with stories that didn’t add up. I suspected that:

1 she must have been having sexual affairs with this person

2 she probably would have gone if she was in school.

Right now I have separated with her against pleading from her families and thinking of initiating a divorce process.

My question is how do I go about this and not pay alimony as she don’t deserve anything from me.

The story with her is a lot deeper I hope to find time and the presence of mind to write someday. In the meantime, I need to go ahead with the divorce and move on.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by silvoclaira: 5:50am On Aug 17, 2023
cry Seems you have made up your mind, completely. Get your evidence, and its a done issue.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Or11: 5:51am On Aug 17, 2023
If there's evidence of her cheating then you should get custody and she pays you alimony.
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 5:55am On Aug 17, 2023
Even as we are separated?
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 5:55am On Aug 17, 2023
Or11:
If there's evidence of her cheating then you should get custody and she pays you alimony.

Even as we have separated?
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 5:57am On Aug 17, 2023
silvoclaira:
cry Seems you have made up your mind, completely

No going back my experience with her is not palatable at all. I hope to pen this down someday.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Lance008(m): 5:58am On Aug 17, 2023
9month marriage Una don separate
To date Nigeria gals Dey fear person talk less of marriage because Na waste of resources

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by cococandy(f): 6:21am On Aug 17, 2023
You have not been married long enough for alimony to apply to your divorce. It’s usually a marriage of 10+ years. Usually.

But if you have kids, then child support applies until the kid is 18.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 6:27am On Aug 17, 2023
cococandy:
You have not been married long enough for alimony to apply to your divorce. It’s usually a marriage of 10+ years. Usually.

But if you have kids, then child support applies until the kid is 18.

This sounds great if true. Well we don’t have kids anyways.
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:35am On Aug 17, 2023
Get evidence of her cheating acts, and then you won't have to pay her alimony.
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by donbachi(m): 6:38am On Aug 17, 2023
Alimony dey Nigeria?..just ask for the return of bride price.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 6:47am On Aug 17, 2023
donbachi:
Alimony dey Nigeria?..just ask for the return of bride price.

It actually is if it is a court wedding I think
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by cococandy(f): 6:57am On Aug 17, 2023
Jbleenk:

This sounds great if true. Well we don’t have kids anyways.

Are you in Nigeria?
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Tit4Tat1(m): 7:01am On Aug 17, 2023
Now we're gradually recovering our men back from the simps zone. This was how our father's/ grandfather's acted hence their women adored/respected them.

Promiscuity is now on the rise with women these days because they know men are becoming weak and even when caught cheating, all they need do is beg and the relationship/marriage continues. If men would stand up for themselves and start taking drastic actions when it comes to infidelity from their wives/gf then the female folks will sit-up....

Don't ever forgive any woman caught cheating on you no matter what. If she loves and respect you, she wouldn't dare indulge in it.

Men, call it quit when you find her cheating and never give room for negotiations/ reconciliation.

The man power must be restored. You're a king in ur home and as such be regarded as one.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Foodqueen(f): 7:05am On Aug 17, 2023
Will she even remember to ask for anything

If no child is involve, u need not worry.

In some cases the men doesn't really care what she wants to o collect, they just want the divorce over with.
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by talented321: 7:27am On Aug 17, 2023
9months'''''''
Olosho na olosho'' you can marry her but you can't take olosho away from her''
More lessons to more simps'''
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by JASONjnr(m): 7:29am On Aug 17, 2023
Omo, when news like this keeps me thinking.....

I never marry and old age is getting closer..... I fit just stay single all mi life...
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by MrsTwrite(f): 7:42am On Aug 17, 2023
Next time no marry student wey eye still dey up, get someone that is matured, that has the fear of God, someone that won't betray your trust.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 8:42am On Aug 17, 2023
cococandy:

Are you in Nigeria?

Yes. Does it not matter in Nigeria?
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 17, 2023
Lance008:
9month marriage Una don separate
To date Nigeria gals Dey fear person talk less of marriage because Na waste of resources
Oga "Nigerian Girls" are not your problems in life. All the men that cheat or commit murders does that mean all Nigerian men are useless or there are no good men out there. Make some of una men sef dey get sense. Una go carry eye go market pick augumented breast and yanch, wey get olosho vibes forget say una need check interiors as inner beauty, values etc come dey yarn dust say all Nigerian girls are this and that. Dem no train your sister well?
@ Op, you know what you married and the decision is yours as with your GOD and to your faith or lack of it.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 17, 2023
JASONjnr:
Omo, when news like this keeps me thinking.....

I never marry and old age is getting closer..... I fit just stay single all mi life...
See white hairs dey stick out for your nose. Na old age go tell you.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Lance008(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2023
Jazmine10:
Oga "Nigerian Girls" are not your problems in life. All the men that cheat or commit murders does that mean all Nigerian men are useless or there are no good men out there. Make some of una men sef dey get sense. Una go carry eye go market pick augumented breast and yanch, wey get olosho vibes forget say una need check interiors as inner beauty, values etc come dey yarn dust say all Nigerian girls are this and that. Dem no train your sister well?
@ Op, you know what you married and the decision is yours as with your GOD and to your faith or lack of it.
I no say na all
But majority no won suffer for country mak people Dey suffer
Most fine gals are into hookup Na price different
If you want to sex any gal jus tell her close friend and ur pay if ur pay is very nice the gal go fall
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by ahnie: 10:08am On Aug 17, 2023
Just 9 months marriage?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by JASONjnr(m): 10:19am On Aug 17, 2023
Jazmine10:
See white hairs dey stick out for your nose. Na old age go tell you.

When women are difficult to keep as a wife.....

You don't expect me to make a lifetime mistake, right?
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by frozen70(f): 11:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
Jbleenk:
I am looking at divorcing my wife on the ground of mainly cheating among a lot of other reasons. We are only married for about 9 months.

I saw a compromising chat on her phone where someone was asking her to come spend the night with him. My problem is not the guy asking her to come spend the night with him, my problem is her reply to him.

She was supposed to be in school that day but I went to pick her from school the previous day cause she has an appointment with the doctor.

She told the guy when he asked her to come spend the night that she won’t be able to come because she’s writing exams. Meanwhile she’s actually not writing any exam at that period, and was in my house at that point.

I confronted her but she came up with stories that didn’t add up. I suspected that:

1 she must have been having sexual affairs with this person

2 she probably would have gone if she was in school.

Right now I have separated with her against pleading from her families and thinking of initiating a divorce process.

My question is how do I go about this and not pay alimony as she don’t deserve anything from me.

The story with her is a lot deeper I hope to find time and the presence of mind to write someday. In the meantime, I need to go ahead with the divorce and move on.

In this case, you have no business with Alimony

You guys are married but yet to have children
Besides the marriage is still too young to talk about any nonsense Alimony

The first step is to ask for a refund of the bride price and once that is achieved, then you are fine

But if her family refuse to refund the bride price you have to still go ahead withe divorce

But I just have to let you know that, you rushed into this and now you are rushing out

Next time don't be in a hurry take your time

Understanding women is not something you will just assume that a woman will remain faithful

Take time and know what you want from a woman, if you can then you will get it

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Nobody: 1:02am On Aug 18, 2023
Lance008:

I no say na all
But majority no won suffer for country mak people Dey suffer
Most fine gals are into hookup Na price different
If you want to sex any gal jus tell her close friend and ur pay if ur pay is very nice the gal go fall
This mata no be about suffer. Any good woman go wan dey with any good man whether na garri im dey soak or champagne im dey pop. Una Nigerian men done show Nigeriab women shege promax so most Nigerian women no dey rate una... why dem go do surulere for una men again? If she dey with una wen una dey soak garri na good woman, wen una get small coins e no go be spec again. Nigerian men una no dey loyal. Why una fit say make woman suffer for una? Na the hookuo category of women una dey always like and find. Make dem sef dey package for una dey deal with una afterall you marry what is in you. Shebi una want baddest b*tch, una go get baddest b*tches.If you check one of the criteria wey op take marry, baddest b*tch fit be the topmost interest for am. Op fit done get one good woman, mess am up go marry bad b*tch😂😂 Btw nah una know the calibre of women una dey want snd attract. To each their own, na, the report card be this... Op done run leave marriage open thread.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Nobody: 1:09am On Aug 18, 2023
JASONjnr:

When women are difficult to keep as a wife.....

You don't expect me to make a lifetime mistake, right?
I don't get you? What are you on about? Women are difficult to keep as wife? Are you to marry women or find your wife? Now, all men that ever have been married made lifetime mistake? There must be something men who are successfully married did right and are doing right, yes? Don't tell me all men are not enjoying their marriages.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by JASONjnr(m): 2:33am On Aug 18, 2023
Jazmine10:
I don't get you? What are you on about? Women are difficult to keep as wife? Are you to marry women or find your wife? Now, all men that ever have been married made lifetime mistake? There must be something men who are successfully married did right and are doing right, yes? Don't tell me all men are not enjoying their marriages.

Seems they've married all the good girls and left me with trouble makers
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Jbleenk: 2:56am On Aug 18, 2023
frozen70:

In this case, you have no business with Alimony

You guys are married but yet to have children
Besides the marriage is still too young to talk about any nonsense Alimony

The first step is to ask for a refund of the bride price and once that is achieved, then you are fine

But if her family refuse to refund the bride price you have to still go ahead withe divorce

But I just have to let you know that, you rushed into this and now you are rushing out

Next time don't be in a hurry take your time

Understanding women is not something you will just assume that a woman will remain faithful

Take time and know what you want from a woman, if you can then you will get it

Thanks mate. We’ll appreciated.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Lance008(m): 4:27am On Aug 18, 2023
Jazmine10:
This mata no be about suffer. Any good woman go wan dey with any good man whether na garri im dey soak or champagne im dey pop. Una Nigerian men done show Nigeriab women shege promax so most Nigerian women no dey rate una... why dem go do surulere for una men again? If she dey with una wen una dey soak garri na good woman, wen una get small coins e no go be spec again. Nigerian men una no dey loyal. Why una fit say make woman suffer for una? Na the hookuo category of women una dey always like and find. Make dem sef dey package for una dey deal with una afterall you marry what is in you. Shebi una want baddest b*tch, una go get baddest b*tches.If you check one of the criteria wey op take marry, baddest b*tch fit be the topmost interest for am. Op fit done get one good woman, mess am up go marry bad b*tch😂😂 Btw nah una know the calibre of women una dey want snd attract. To each their own, na, the report card be this... Op done run leave marriage open thread.

Truth be told
Life don spoil
Most good girls turn bad gals because of suffer
Hookup no sweet Na the money sweet
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by frozen70(f): 9:13am On Aug 18, 2023
Jbleenk:

Thanks mate. We’ll appreciated.

Welcome dear
Re: How Do I Avoid Paying My Wife Alimony In The Event Of Divorce? by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 18, 2023
Lance008:

Truth be told
Life don spoil
Most good girls turn bad gals because of suffer
Hookup no sweet Na the money sweet
Me i no know about that. I no dey do hookup, there are still decent people around. There are still decent human beings with strong value system, morals and self worth whether dem get money or not. As no be all men be gigolo as there are some men with all the dollars in the world no go knack yansh, no be all Nigerian women dey do runs. Make una no dey generalize. No be everybody be suffer head. Change your circle, change your choice of women.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Relocation Sales.. Neatly Used Household Items. / Woman Wants Divorce From ‘impotent’ Husband / I Am Dying Silently, What Am I Suppose To Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.