Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,394 members, 7,861,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:22 AM

My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. (704 Views)

My Nysc Experience At Karaye(kusala Dam), Kano State. / My Experience In NYSC Orientation Camp, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos State / Kano Corpers And Camp Soldiers Clash In Karaye NYSC Orientation Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. by Nezy4Real(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2023
I don't know if I am going to finish this thread soon. However, I wish to relate my experience while I was in Nysc orientation camp in preparation to serve my fatherland. Like every other person, I was really excited about what the camp experience will be like. On my way from Ayangba Kogi State to see a special person I began to see messages trooping in on my WhatsApp, I checked and realized our Nysc call up letters were out! Alas after days of suspense it finally came. I anxiously checked to see the state I was deployed to.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. by Nezy4Real(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2023
I really didn't have a preference of state to serve because I did not want to twist my own destiny. As a Muslim we are thought to have faith and not to try and control our destinies. The moment I checked on the portal of the Nysc I saw NYSC permanent orientation Camp Karaye Kussallah Dam. I was to report 2days after. I began to make plans on my trip to Kano State where the camp is located. I realized it would be easier for me to travel first to Kano at my Uncle's place to rest and keep some of my stuffs before I move to camp from there.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. by Nezy4Real(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18, 2023
I arrived in Kano at my Uncle's place after about 12 hours trip. The next day I rested and strolled out for sight seeing and also to buy some provisions and toiletries that I will be needing. I packed my bags and all the items I will be needing in camp because I will be reporting there the next morning. Although I had been to Kano on several occasions, I never knew the location of the Nysc camp. I quickly asked my cousin brother who happened to have served in Kano a year ago and he gave me the bearing. I embarked on my journey to Karaye, I never knew I was in for a long journey.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. by Nezy4Real(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2023
All I have always imagined was that the place was just a few km away unknowing to me that I will be embarking on a journey of almost 100km 😳. The most memorable thing for me on the trip was the beautiful vegetation I saw and the nice view of dams we came across. This is because, if you're familiar with Kano you will know that the terrain is more of a Sahel savannah with sparse vegetations.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. by Nezy4Real(m): 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2023
Having to experience a green beautiful environment with a nice view of water bodies was really fantastic to me. After about 1:30 minutes we arrived at Karaye and we began to make our way to Kusallah Dam. On reaching the camp we were thoroughly checked and allowed in. I was stunned at the sight of prospective corp members(PCMs) in their white shirts and shorts on the parade ground. The first question on my mind was, 'When did all this people report to the camp'?. Because the number of people I saw was massive.
Re: My Experience In Nysc Orientation Camp Kusallah Dam Karaye Kano State. by Nezy4Real(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2023
We were directed to the screening hall were our documents were vetted and platoon was assigned to us. "Go to Platoon 9, from there move to the camp clinic yours services will be needed there". That was the voice of the official that attended to me.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Confuse Abt Kaduna, But I Wil Go 4 The NYSC. Meet Here! / Breaking News- REPS Tell NYSC To Halt Posting To Crisis States / Cross River Corper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.