Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 PM

Demystifying CNG in Automobiles - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Demystifying CNG in Automobiles (15763 Views)

Innoson Produces CNG Vehicles, Asks Nigerians To Say Bye To Petrol / Innoson Displays More CNG And LNG Powered Vehicles(photos) / Nord Automobiles Rolls Out Pick-Ups From Lagos Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by deleo16(m): 2:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
mctech:
The government should ensure a regular supply of CNG so that private individuals can establish gas stations such as is done for petrol and cooking gas.

We need a mass training program, probably affiliated to a renowned auto technician like Gazzuzz, Automedic etc to train our youths. Certification should be provided to prevent half-baked technicians.

Also, just as people are importing phone accessories and generator parts, the importation of CNG conversion kits should be regulated (quality) and incentivized (duty free).

The present problem is a great opportunity for all.

As I said to someone last month, just like coal faded into oblivion as a source of energy, fossil fuels (petrol, kerosene, diesel) are on their way out.
Gas is the future though solar too could have a very little share of the market.

Fellow Nigerians, how do we maximize this opportunity?

So much money to be made.
Lots of opportunites

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by kunle75(m): 2:56pm On Oct 28, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Renewable energy research has been at the center stage of discussion on the way forward.
If anything would be achieved at all, I just hope every concern people in power can start putting heads together to figure out what needs to be done such that we are not left behind in the scheme of things.
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Kingdemu: 2:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

The Basics of CNG Conversion Kit Installation

DISCLAIMER
This post has been produced and written for educational purposes only. Gazzuzz strongly recommends that all CNG conversions be completed by an experienced Certified mechanic familiar with CNG systems.

Before performing any installation, you should be familiar with all common governing regulations applicable to CNG conversions.

https://youtube.com/shorts/DbeUmDekDIk?si=I_rQT72PtZy5ivmU

It is 2023 and subsidy on PMS petrol is gone! The cost of moving from one point to the other has tripled due to the rise in fueling costs, but there is fuel which has been around for quite some time, but no one really paid so much attention to it, it is called CNG compressed natural gas . I can remember as far back as 2016 when bus drivers loading Lagos to Ibadan had converted buses and would fill up at mowe ibafo area before heading to Ibadan so it's been around for a while commercially.

So how is CNG gotten and why is it cheaper than conventional fuels (diesel, petrol , kerosine, LPG ).

Compressed natural Gas in its basic form is found in the ground while drilling for crude oil. The gas is then separated from oil goes through several levels of purification , then is compressed to about 3600 pounds per square inch.
CNG is cheaper because you do not need a billion dollar refinery to process the end product, the cost of separation and purification is relatively very cheap.

Unlike the other derivatives of crude oil (diesel, petrol , kerosine , jet fuel etc) that are controlled by world  crude oil prices, CNG is in a world of its own, not in competition with any fuels.

Pls subscribe for more juicy content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMkZJprp6gI?feature=shared

Bros, why you disable your YouTube channel's comment section na? We get questions to ask.
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by professore(m): 3:29pm On Oct 28, 2023
Safety first

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Angrigowt: 4:48pm On Oct 28, 2023
Gazzuz is a knuckle head over hyped kazeem .damaging ppls car beyond repair and exploiting the gullible ones.ole

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Curvinus(m): 8:50pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jangbajantis:
Ah! Op said a full tank CNG will cover lower miles than a full tank petrol and diesel. So comparatively it's not really cheap in that sense. The more you look the less you see.

Fully cylinder, which is much cheaper to fill. He's simply talking about capacity, not cost.

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by ivandragon: 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2023
Jangbajantis:
Ah! Op said a full tank CNG will cover lower miles than a full tank petrol and diesel. So comparatively it's not really cheap in that sense. The more you look the less you see.

Good to see that there are still people who can deduce & reason logically.

Based on the OP's very useful analysis, CNG is not really cheaper especially if it is a long distance trip since you would need to fill up the CNG powered vehicle at least twice for the same distance a single full tank of PMS of same/equivalent capacity will cover.

Besides, as demand for CNG increases, so will its price.

I think what the FG and SGs should do is develop CNG for intracity transit in the first instance while also developing the intercity system.
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:36pm On Oct 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:39pm On Oct 28, 2023
Kingdemu:
Bros, why you disable your YouTube channel's comment section na? We get questions to ask.

Thread is work in progress, will conclude it very soon .

Ask all questions here, don't want to carry our mad people to a larger platform.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by calculusx(m): 11:20pm On Oct 28, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Ask all questions here, don't want to carry our mad people to a larger platform.

grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Kingdemu: 12:01am On Oct 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Angrygoat left the chat

5 Likes

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by searchng4love: 3:44am On Oct 29, 2023
I have been wondering if another was using you handle..... grin grin

GAZZUZZ:

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2023
Updating work

GAZZUZZ:
The Intake manifold out and CNG injectors installed.

Drilling as close to the original injectors as much as possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcCM_NFqDdI?si=y41UuCBN7ya_GPa6

Work in progress, subscribe to channel.

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:10am On Oct 29, 2023
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by BALLOSKI: 11:01am On Oct 29, 2023
Gazzuzz, nice one.

You should take a grant to open installation center and refill station.
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2023
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Kingdemu: 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Updated

Heaven knows, I wouldn't trust just any mechanic or installer to convert my car to CNG. From these videos, it's obvious that what is needed is not just an average level of technical know-how and attention to detail. Any slip-ups could lead to serious problems. Na somebody like Gazzuzz I go fit trust.
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by searchng4love: 4:49pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kingdemu:

Heaven knows, I wouldn't trust just any mechanic or installer to convert my car to CNG. From these videos, it's obvious that what is needed is not just an average level of technical know-how and attention to detail. Any slip-ups could lead to serious problems. Na somebody like Gazzuzz I go fit trust.
Gazzuzz is good. Nipco engineers have been doing it for more than ten years.... But I'm not sure your environment has one
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Kingdemu: 7:12pm On Oct 29, 2023
searchng4love:

Gazzuzz is good. Nipco engineers have been doing it for more than ten years.... But I'm not sure your environment has one
Not at all. For us in the North East, CNG powered cars remain wishful thinking bro. Haven't seen nor heard of a CNG refill station talk more of a conversion center. May be with new FG initiative we may see one soon
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by 99thEnemy(m): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

6mm thick steel is bullet proof, it will not even dent it in an accident .
The question is, what grade of steel and what type of bullet?

What you said is Vague.
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by searchng4love: 8:58pm On Oct 29, 2023
Kingdemu:
Not at all. For us in the North East, CNG powered cars remain wishful thinking bro. Haven't seen nor heard of a CNG refill station talk more of a conversion center. May be with new FG initiative we may see one soon

Sad. This leaves me worried
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:36am On Nov 01, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Restoring Intake and connecting low pressure CNG gas lines from reducer to injector rails, also installing filter and coolant lines .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oyStkaZZtw?si=SXdy99EE8MRTMods

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Glolekzy: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Nice work 👍

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by Glolekzy: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2023
Please how much is CNG price presently?
Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40am On Nov 02, 2023
GAZZUZZ:
Restoring Intake and connecting low pressure CNG gas lines from reducer to injector rails, also installing filter and coolant lines .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oyStkaZZtw?si=SXdy99EE8MRTMods

Modified , 3 links added.

Installing CNG KIT Harness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU8gq0FW09Q?feature=shared

CNG kit harness installation continues .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBM3RBIBOTo?feature=shared

Concluding and testing connections on harness .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNT1pjD5TNA?feature=shared

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:43am On Nov 02, 2023
Work almost complete.

Installing high-pressure line and gas cylinder today.

2 Likes

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by arcbaba: 7:14am On Nov 03, 2023
Nor be small nyansh be this? Abi my eye dey pain me. Lol
GAZZUZZ:
Work almost complete.

Installing high-pressure line and gas cylinder today.

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by ksmart027(m): 5:06pm On Nov 03, 2023
arcbaba:
Nor be small nyansh be this? Abi my eye dey pain me. Lol
Small nyash na Kia Rio, this one na Hyundai.

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by arcbaba: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2023
Oh i see
ksmart027:

Small nyash na Kia Rio, this one na Hyundai.

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:06am On Nov 04, 2023

1 Like

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by aieromon(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2023
GAZZUZZ:

Updated

Well done.

Re: Demystifying CNG in Automobiles by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2023
aieromon:

Well done.

Thanks baba

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Free Internship Positions During The ASUU Strike. / One Million Mercedes-benzes Recalled Because They May Catch Fire / Numbers To Call To Verify The Validity Of Your Driving Licence - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.