Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? (34354 Views)

Handworks To Learn In Nigeria Before You Japa / UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Karleb(m): 12:59pm On Aug 22, 2023
Greenfaces:

Exactly. I made this mistake this year. I did a contract that got me an amount of money i have never had all my life. Oboy.... i only bought one car, one land and tried to do business with the rest. As i speak to you today my account has only 3k. The car has been parked for over one month now because i can't afford the fuel for trivial journeys. So if not that i am married, that japa was quite a safer decision because at least i would get a good job in canada with my electrical skills. Today to see single customer for even 160k solar generator na war. If it was easy and i had assurance of moving with my family today, i would sell the car, the land and even borrow funds to add to japa. This country no true true get hope no be curse

At least you get asset and a business. grin

Imagine say you don put the money for one poultry farm and half of your fowls die.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by complexstuffs(m): 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
Zonefree:

Where's your shrine located, Baba?

Wudo89 come and answer this question ple.. It's urgent.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pascal558(m): 1:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
eleniyan2020:
10oods...
On colos on colos on colos

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Sharpsharp00123: 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Don't downgrade 6M. I'm sure you can't gift it out. With investment of 6M in ordinary polythene (nylon) retailing, after a year one would have made 300-500% ROI. The issues is people with capacity think some businesses are too dirty and do not think in the direction at all

6M can establish multiple pos centres

6M will setup multiple viewing centres

Drink depot's

Wholesale distributorship

Food joints or canteens

Pepper soup relaxation joint

Convenient stores

Etc
people don’t even think about establishing a gas plant

A fish farm
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pascal558(m): 1:01pm On Aug 22, 2023
Greenfaces:
abeg leave that guy oh. Leave am now before its too late. He go drag you inside on mtfe ponzi scam just now your eye go clear

Lol, anything when pass business u go set up by myself I nor do... Me nor be fan of online business
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pascal558(m): 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2023
TOMMYS:

Pascal Pascal Pascal how many times I call you.
If in involving sending any shi shi to anybody. No go there.

If he or she wants to teach you something and you do it yourself. Run o. You no go get evidence and you no go fit properly explain am

Thanks boss, I nor go risk am.... Already saw a business idea that aligned with what I had in mind.. wholesale drink depot

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Larry1960: 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
fastseo:

grin spent over 12m in japa

it's no longer easy through school.

What' country
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by theamazonguru(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2023
uuzba:

People typically japa for the following reasons.:
1.to work/earn steady job under employer. So you don't have to think.
2. Security, no agbero, Boko
3. Utilities, constant light, water, gas.
They always plan to save the money there and come back to build something with it
But it seems the japa is also stressful as one can just work and pay bills without saving anything. Then one becomes too ashamed to return empty handed.

Exact situation of about 90% of them out there.
My friend dey one Scandinavian country, his parents still dey send money to him once in a while.

Guy works , earns just enough to pay bills. No shingba savings.

I like to be fair in my contribution. The guy man was once doing well, as he was then working in a food delivery company using his Nigerian driver's license.But when the license almost expired he got a wrong advice to go and get a polish license, he got it but alas it was fake.
Hence he was banned from driving.

So now he can't drive, and he doesn't have any professional skill or certificate.
All he does is minium wage jobs.

It is important to ensure, you do legit when you are in a foreign land.

Abroad no be naija where anything goes.
There, once you are caught, you don enter hot soup.

Modified.
Drivers license, not passport.

3 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pascal558(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2023
Chi133:

Use am play 10 odds

On colos on colos on colos on colos

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Verokeena(f): 1:06pm On Aug 22, 2023
Larry1960:

What' country

Good afternoon Mr Larry
You haven't replied my mention
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ikpumbe(m): 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Typical Nigerian condemnation behavior. Do you know the number of Nigerians who buy polythene wholesale put it in their bus and move shop to shop supplying them. No intermediaries and making profits ?

Condemnation of everything leads people astray. Let's speak positively that makes pathways clearer not darker for people.

How do one make nylon.
Do you have idea
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Opsylo: 1:08pm On Aug 22, 2023
[quote author=Zonefree post=125260689]
Where's your shrine located, Baba? [/quote
if i had invest that 6m since January i will have been cooling with ]by 3m by now,only who get eye they see things.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Theophinio(m): 1:10pm On Aug 22, 2023
Karleb:

Bros ehn!

Doing business is not even bad but I hate the way they say it as if businesses don't fail.

Any business you are starting now in this economy will likely fail. No one is wishing you bad but that's just the reality as per current Nigeria situation.

Abi this people no dey watch news ni?

By the time you start spending #6m, you go know say Naira don finish completely.

Scarcity mindset.

With this mindset you will surely sink if you open even a business that provides solution to a need.

There has never been a time when economic experts say " Oooh, We are in a very good economy".

In even the worse economic times, more business men are making turn over of profits in million folds.

Only what the news wants you to see and hear, is gloomy days ahead

8 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Adolfnigeria: 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
chairman... japa.

hear me out.

The devaluation of the naira means that in the not-too-distant future, this 6M will be nothing. Nigeria economy is continually being mismanaged, do not expect this to get any better. Look at JP morgan, the investment bank, estimating that Nigeria has only $3Billion reserves. The wastages, incompetence in the system, will take generation to fix. Naira will be further devalued reducing the wealth of Nigerians. Inflation and devaluation will destroy any ROI in any business you have. The only profitable businesses in Nigeria, are politics, drugs and other forms of criminality. Very few businesses survive in Nigeria.

See GSK, business worth 250 million pounds few years ago to o50M pounds now. Why do you think they left Nigeria. Ignore the ignoramuses telling you they would stay in Nigeria. Let them stay and enjoy the country.....

Nigeria is only getting worse, we are in a mess, fortunately for the government very few people know this. If not, Nigerians should actually riot and revolt.

JAPA, try to do it on the cheap - if you like Nigeria so much, then come back in the future....... my Friend Nigeria is messed up, accept this and have peace.

5 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Ayowumie(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2023
Where do you stay?

Let's talk about the polythene business. Kindly get in touch.

Wodu89:

Typical Nigerian condemnation behavior. Do you know the number of Nigerians who buy polythene wholesale put it in their bus and move shop to shop supplying them. No intermediaries and making profits ?

Condemnation of everything leads people astray. Let's speak positively that makes pathways clearer not darker for people.
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by seanwilliam(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Lagos state looks colorful today thanks to the accumulation of very low funds put together. If Cadbury can produce sweets and sell for 25 Naira, Unilever tea bags for 20 Naira, Bama satchet mayonnaise for 100 Naira. Then who are you to claim you're above. Just suit yourself IJN. Keep your perspectives off my mentions

Mr. Posh. Clear off my mentions.
I can attest to that x10000

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by sonofthunder: 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:
Na employees and those with unprofitable businesses dey japa.

If you have a growing business, you grow big, diversify, move your wife and kids abroad while you keep making money here.

6M is nothing if you get better business here.

Ignorant assertion
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 1:16pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ayowumie:
Where do you stay?

I'm only giving free ideas. Based on the fact that I've done it before and succedded. My interest lies elsewhere. You can buy from factories an supply. It's easy

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pachigo001(m): 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Poverty no gree you reason straight. Ordinary 6M make you lose your senses.
use 6m send your wife abroad and wait and see how other men go de lash am for you see person wey de tell me say poverty no gree me I no sure say your account reach 500k

4 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
Spiff20:
and there's no guarantee that Japa will be successful. I've seen so many people stranded in the UK, wishing to return even flight ticket they don't have. So make everybody rest. Business and Japa are two risks, anyone you choose, let the gods of time and chance guide you.
in my original post i never told him or her to japa. I said 6m cant even take you to any better country. Like your said both are risks
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Emiron(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
Una eye still black See make I advice all of una japa na the best future for your unborn children imagine say them born you for white man land imagine where you go they now japa na the best no time the stupid business way you won do no be people you go employ? Or na you won do am yourself ? If you employ people dem too go won thief build house buy moto inside your business everything go collapse even all the big men pickin no be whiteman dem dey live ? Una dey talk day if you go whiteman land without any tangible thing you go become homeless abi? Homeless no dey here why you no b homeless here make I tell una if nija enter any white man dem dey hustle hard e fit hard at first but if e later balance en everything don pure b dat no time japa if you get the opportunity no let anybody decisive una no time nija na shite hole way dream no dey come true [color=#000000][/color][b][/b]

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by okonja(m): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2023
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

State your reason why you will Japa or build business

I would like to ask, how long did it take you to make the N6m?

Is the task/work a promising and continuous one?,

Can it be affected by changes in government decisions?

Can the N6m be x4 in 4 years?...

Moving abroad is an investment that is worth it in the end,] however, one needs all information and research to thrive well. Without research, one would just enter and be running the same circle similar to Nigeria but would be making little money to live and nothing more.

The problem with us Nigerians moving abroad is that we want to achieve samething we had over the years in Nigeria within 1 year moving abroad without putting in much effort as we have done over the years in Nigeria. This can be attributed to the lack of community culture among Nigerians abroad. There's no love amongst us abroad. Everyone hoards updates because they want to be better than each other.

The Indian and the Pakistani community are so big because they help each other to settle in well no matter how long it takes. They will advise each other on the processes to grow together. They dominated the local cab operators sector and you can see the evidence during Eid prayers OR major football matches in your respective city, you will hardly get a taxi to go anywhere during this time. cheesy

The West is an organized environment with a list of things to do to achieve a height of choice. There is assurance of prosperity but it takes time, while in Naija, there's no assurance, government policy might favour what you do or not. So why waste funds in business that there is no assurance when I can just move abroad and follow the process to start over? angry

For Japa, there are 2 key challenges, cost of living and type of job.

Living

You can't be coming to Nigeria on loan and decide to stay in Maitama Abuja or Lekki Ajah in Lagos, you will suffer and regret coming. There are places like Ibadan, Osogbo, Ekiti, Niger, Jos, and Ilorin with low cost of living that you can stay without spending a fortune compare to the highbrow city.

The same is for the UK. You can't come to the UK and go stay in High brow cities without crying/suffering if you aren't financially sufficient. You need to have at least funds that will take care of you for 6 months at hand while looking for a job BECAUSE you can't just land and get a job immediately unless it's a job that brought you in. You need a "National Insurance"(NI) number that takes at least a month to be delivered to your house (that's if you have gotten one grin). After the NI, you need to have UK experience before you can be considered for some roles. Work around to this is starting from the lowest ladder.

Work
You can start by asking, what do I want to do when I get there? There are 2 ways, Formal or Informal. Pick one and discover which sector you want to work in.

There are several sectors are available;
The healthcare sector:- is the biggest in the UK, so you can start from the least level and do a course every 6 months to grow up to the next ladder. The minimum wage is £9.50/h and there are jobs that pay as well as £35 to £50 per hour but you need to have acquired skills to some level and earn certificates to be able to apply for such a job.

Construction Sector:- The least requirement is a CSCS card to get a labourer job for £15 - £20 per hour, there are 6 other certificates which you can do gradually as you grow to become a site manager, you can learn on the path. You can follow this Twitter user for more info on the UK construction sector.

Tech Sector:- This is very broad and you have to look at the one easier for you to start learning. I enrolled for the Data Analytics Bootcamp in January 2023, Finished in March and got a job in April 2023, after putting in extra effort to study more apart from what they taught us at the BootCamp. Just look at other tech skills and read the requirements to pick the one of choice

I wish I can do a podcast on this...there's a lot I can say and you will agree with me that Japa is an investment that is worth it in the end.

Above is my own version grin, Below is AI's revision of my own version cheesy....AI will not take your job but will make it easier if you know how to use it.

Nigerians who move abroad often expect to achieve the same level of success they had in Nigeria within a short period of time. However, this is unrealistic, as there are many challenges to overcome when moving to a new country.

One of the biggest challenges is the lack of a strong community among Nigerians abroad. Unlike other immigrant groups, such as Indians and Pakistanis, Nigerians tend to be more isolated and competitive. This can make it difficult to find support and advice when needed.

Another challenge is the high cost of living in many Western countries. This can be a major financial burden, especially if you are not working or have a low-paying job. It is important to have a financial plan in place before you move abroad, and to make sure you have enough money to support yourself for at least several months.

Finally, it can be difficult to find a job in a new country, especially if you do not have the required skills or experience. You may need to start at a low-level position and work your way up. It is also important to be willing to learn new skills and adapt to the local culture.

Despite the challenges, moving abroad can be a rewarding experience. It can offer you new opportunities for education, employment, and personal growth. However, it is important to be realistic about the challenges involved and to plan accordingly.

Here are some specific tips for Nigerians moving to the UK:

Do your research and make sure you understand the visa requirements and other immigration rules.
Start saving money as early as possible to cover your living expenses.
Network with other Nigerians in the UK to get advice and support.
Be prepared to start at a low-level job and work your way up.
Be willing to learn new skills and adapt to the local culture.
Moving abroad can be a big challenge, but it can also be a great opportunity. By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success.

I hope this is helpful

4 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by PaulH07: 1:21pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
If you are not business inclined or have run a business before you will surely fail and your 6m will vanish. Your will then go back to square one. People are talking about business person with 6m self dey talk 🤣

Even the 6m cant take you to any better country with the exchange rate.

Me wey dey try open beer parlor business nko?

Shey I no wan flush my money inside pit latrine so?

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by pachigo001(m): 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedfacts:

Poverty no gree you reason straight. Ordinary 6M make you lose your senses.
you are a simp women never do you something before

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by PaulH07: 1:22pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:

Don't downgrade 6M. I'm sure you can't gift it out. With investment of 6M in ordinary polythene (nylon) retailing, after a year one would have made 300-500% ROI. The issues is people with capacity think some businesses are too dirty and do not think in the direction at all

6M can establish multiple pos centres

6M will setup multiple viewing centres

Drink depot's

Wholesale distributorship

Food joints or canteens

Pepper soup relaxation joint

Convenient stores

Etc

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
PaulH07:

E go work
Trust yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by OgaTheTop2: 1:23pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wodu89:
Business. 6M can give birth to 60-100M in a year. I'm not sharing my Intel. And I'm not asking for investors. We dey build on a steady beat wink
Ooole! Na so 419 dey start. If the deal is too good to believe please run oo.

2 Likes

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
Ayowumie:
Where do you stay?

this is that those inspire to aspire people do. They will come online to make it look easy. Your will contact them and invest. Then story go begin enter. We sabi them well well 🤣

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Ifexino: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2023
grin grin grin grin
nkemjacob2:
For me I don't see Japa as means of breakthrough. I would rather build a business. I know how poor the economy is but Japa isn't my thing

State your reason why you will Japa or build business
Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by PaulH07: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
ednut1:
inspire to aspire. Multiple multiple. Where the staff will steal your money and assets. Like we never do business before or have people doing business

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by Wodu89: 1:25pm On Aug 22, 2023
Theophinio:

Scarcity mindset.

With this mindset you will surely sink if you open even a business that provides solution to a need.

There has never been a time when economic experts say " Oooh, We are in a very good economy".

In even the worse economic times, more business men are making turn over of profits in million folds.

Only what the news wants you to see and hear, is gloomy days ahead

Succinct

1 Like

Re: If You Had ₦6M, Would You Japa Or Open A Business In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2023
PaulH07:

go to the ones around your area to check crowd and patronage. Will you be able to offer better services and environment. Know that the people your are competing with are yahoo boys and politicians. Who build joint together with hotel. I was in Nigeria end of last year and many joints i used to go around badore road no even get bbq fish . I enter one them say no sausage for shawarma. 🤣🤣

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Owerri Flooded, Vehicles Submerged, Traders Flee (Photo) / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe / Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.