Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). (21707 Views)

Rerun: We’ve Done Our Calculation Well, Tinubu Won’t Be On Ballot, LP Claims / Senate Clears Wike As He Says Tinubu Won’t Regret Nominating Him As Minister / Police Invite Pastor Oba Solomon After Prophesying Tinubu Won’t Be President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by DaddyJapan(m): 8:34pm On Aug 23, 2023
BreconHills:

If you did not mention Tinubu I would have been surprised.

Every nation acts based its interests. It is for the international community to judge and see if such section is appropriate or disproportionate. If Benin Republic has a coup and is speaking of bringing Wagner or if the coupists will encourage Islamic insurgency then Nigeris can act to protect its interests.

The legal maxim "Volenti non fit injuria" states that if you allow yourself to be be put in a position of harm, you cannot turn around and complain"

If Benin Republic harbours enemies of Nigeria then Nigeria can strike to protect its interests. In the 80's when the maitastine sect invaded Nigeria from Chad, PMB's armoured division pursued them into Chad and but for a last minute instructuction from President Shagari, Nigeria would have overun the capital.

You speak about Nigeria army being weak! I can only laugh. Maybe you are comparing guerilla warfare to a conventional war. There is NO country that will dare face up to Nigeria. No country in Africa...yes I said it. No country in Africa has Nigeria's over the horizon surveillance ability ( sea or air). No country has as many attack drones. No country has the same " hands off" weapons platforms West Africa kwa. You should be talking SA Algeria and maybe Egypt. West Africa ke!

Finally, what has Yoruba got to do with anything? Your tribal diapers are leaking. Get them changed and stay on point.

This last point on yoruba and Tinubu guarantees I won't be replying you. Tune up your argument IQ and I may review. Use multiple monikers and I will ignore you.

Thanks for giving a lesson to those with a poor grasp of Africa's political history on these boards.

The Wolof and Mandinka/Mandigo people are domiciled in both Senegal and Gambia, but this did not stop Senegalese troops from moving in to eject Jammeh and his goons, as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Despite the lack of endorsement of military action by the UNSC, Senegalese armed forces entered the Gambia on the same day, along with some forces from Ghana, with air and sea support from the Air Force and Navy of Nigeria.[24][22][19] Gambia was placed under a naval blockade.[5]

In the early hours of the offensive, clashes took place near the border village of Kanilai, the home town of Yahya Jammeh, between Senegalese and pro-Jammeh MFDC forces, and Senegal reportedly took control of the village.[25][26] Senegal halted its offensive in order to provide a final chance to mediate the crisis, with the invasion planned to proceed at noon on 20 January if Jammeh still refused to relinquish power.[27]
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECOWAS_military_intervention_in_the_Gambia

Let's pray that the intransigent putschists in Niger come round to the negotiating table in the interest of peace, as the current sanctions are inflicting major pain on the masses in that country.

1 Like

Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Paystack: 8:35pm On Aug 23, 2023
Padipadi:

It should disrupt. Your region and the north can go to hell

That's the only solution to this marriage
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by jeromestarks: 8:51pm On Aug 23, 2023
asanausana91:
did the sultan agree with the war? Did Sanusi agree with the war? Did Buhari agree with the war, did the northern Executive Forum agree with the war? Even the northern senators didn't agree with the war.
So relax. There can be no war.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Tflex01: 9:25pm On Aug 23, 2023
VinnyBaba:

They only have MOUTH to Talk when a Southerner is President. E.g Jonathan, OBJ, etc. 😒

Once we have a Northerner is President, They don't make Piim!😏

Even When Ahmadu Bello, Tafawa Balewa and NPC conspired with Akintola to DISGRACE and IMPRISON Awolowo,
they Overlooked that and Instead Lay Blames on Aguiyi Ironsi and the Coup Plotters. sad

Very Terrible Pple, Honestly. 🤨

Igbos must constantly bear the brunt of anything that goes wrong in this country. MUST!

1 Like

Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by wolverine78: 10:30pm On Aug 23, 2023
Then take him out. Or have the military take over. Yes you heard me right. Take Ebola out or have the military take over the Govt.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by bdauran: 11:53pm On Aug 23, 2023
Paystack:
What are those Northerners even complaining about?

What are they alive doing?
what do you mean?
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Tzar(m): 4:20am On Aug 24, 2023
Sometimes I don’t pity these Northerners when they are invaded, maimed and killed by foreign fulanis from Niger and Chad.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Yestogood: 4:38am On Aug 24, 2023
slimfit1:
Really, what if it was Buhari that was there what would have happened? Buhari left the borders opened with Niger and close the one to Benin what did you say about that?

Don't mind them. The shoe is now on the other foot, they are shouting. The monster they fed is grown up and looking for grown up food.
Have you considered what brought about the coup in Niger? Who normally facilitates smuggling of petroleum products? The military. As soon as subsidy was removed, the free money enjoyed by smugglers of cheap Nigerian petrol stopped, and remember their brother who sends Nigerian money to fund Niger projects is no longer in power. GBAM! we no go gree.

1 Like

Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 5:42am On Aug 24, 2023
berty4real:
It should be clear to separate Tinubu/Nigeria with Ecowas. This kind of sentiment is what is keeping Nigeria 🇳🇬 on its knees. The Chairman of Ecowas and not Nigeria taken the decision to go to war if deplomacy fails.

No day shift goal post. Say as e be. Nothing like if diplomacy fails. The citizens of Niger wants this. The military delivered it, what sort of diplomacy are you seeking again? To bring back something they don't want ? How will your so called diplomacy work there ?
Tinubu and the Ronus wants war , Nigeria does not. He should stop hiding behind ECOWAS. I know he will regret many things , I just sincerely pray he takes the first shot , make these aboki show am the thing them keep for am as plan.

The think say he day wise. Say it as it is. No day talk this one you day talk.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 5:43am On Aug 24, 2023
Mccullum:

Your analytical views is only focused on destroying Tinubu, this derailing you intentionally or unintentional from understanding the circumstances and rudiment on processes of decisions making that surrounded offices he holds.

Who is the chairman of ECOWAS ?
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 5:45am On Aug 24, 2023
HRMK:
tinubu was only playing his role as the current leader of the regional body!he must show his support for the body!nothing more!!

By going to war with a country that did nothing to him?
Na so you day use solve problems for family meeting be this? Only God way Sidon for heaven know the Kain problem you go don cause for family by now.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 5:59am On Aug 24, 2023
Stoplying:

So tinubu is now a name which people are no longer allowed to pronounce ? And him being the president of Nigeria and the president of ECOWAS and the main voice behind the agression of Niger Republic, that doesn't imply that while discussing the situation, tinubu's name should be mentioned?

Unto say na God na. He don carry rigging from Nigeria day go Niger republic. As he rig election for here , he wan go rig for that side and put back thief as himself that side. House day burn the idiot day pursue rat.
The citizens and military say them no want president , he wan to do emilokan for that side. This man go end anyhow if not careful.

I'm happy north now sees these people for who they are. No worries. Even if they voted for obi , the majority has a picture and now people see them for who they really are. Time will tell.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 6:00am On Aug 24, 2023
Stoplying:

1) "There is NO country that will dare face up to Nigeria."
2) "No country in Africa"
3) "No country has the same " hands off" weapons platforms West Africa kwa."
4)"You should be talking SA Algeria and maybe Egypt. West Africa ke!"

Do you believe you made sense or you just kept contradicting yourself ? Oh perhaps you could speak some more legal maxim Latin to make this all disappeare.

This is me giving you actual advise: literature doesn't make you smarter, the one discipline which makes you smarter is mathematics! You can know all the Latin in the world and all the legal maxims in the world and still be extremely dumb, learn model theory and see your intelligence increased many folds.

South Africa and Egypt no go face Nigeria ? Wetin u smoke ?
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 6:01am On Aug 24, 2023
Versal:
ECOWAS should invade Niger nah.
I want to check something.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ah day tell you. Make e shoot one bullet to Niger , Aboki go show am who really get government.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 6:03am On Aug 24, 2023
Tflex01:

Igbos must constantly bear the brunt of anything that goes wrong in this country. MUST!

And they still won't let them go. Na wa o
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 6:04am On Aug 24, 2023
Tzar:
Sometimes I don’t pity these Northerners when they are invaded, maimed and killed by foreign fulanis from Niger and Chad.

Why say that ?
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Whytelyon(m): 6:09am On Aug 24, 2023
The way things are going , Tinubu may be the most hated president in the world very soon. Man no day even consider our passport , 2 months , oga day carry fight go out brothers way stand with us since how many years.

When sense no day head sha. When I see am lick microphone 🎤 , I know say na one chance we enter.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by BigBlvck: 8:01am On Aug 24, 2023
So if lekki towgate was in the northern part there wouldn't have been massacre ryt? Cos Tinubu wasn't the one in power then.
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by HRMK: 9:10am On Aug 24, 2023
i only respond to superior arguments and not miscreants!
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 24, 2023
jeromestarks:

ECOWAS is a body of member States - countries.

Tinubu is not ECOWAS!
He is just the chairman. He is a part of the body, he does not truly direct the body.
You're too dumb to understand how the government works.

U are obviously missing some screws 😒
Re: If Niger Bordered Yoruba Land, Tinubu Won’t Ask For War - Northerner (video). by BreconHills(m): 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Thanks for giving a lesson to those with a poor grasp of Africa's political history on these boards.

The Wolof and Mandinka/Mandigo people are domiciled in both Senegal and Gambia, but this did not stop Senegalese troops from moving in to eject Jammeh and his goons, as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECOWAS_military_intervention_in_the_Gambia

Let's pray that the intransigent putschists in Niger come round to the negotiating table in the interest of peace, as the current sanctions are inflicting major pain on the masses in that country.

Well said. Good point re Senegal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Imam Who Sheltered People In Plateau Killings To Get A National Honor / Christopher Elehu: Gunmen Kill Labour Party State Constituency Candidate In Imo / Solomon Dalung Slams Nigerians For "Fabricating Imaginative Crisis"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.