Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Having Foamy Urine - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Having Foamy Urine (644 Views)

The Connection Between Prostatitis And Foamy Urine / Foamy Urine: Causes, Diagnosis, And Treatment / 8 Urine Colours And What Each Say About Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 11:07am On Aug 23, 2023
I've been having foamy urine in the morning for 3 months now, especially my morning urine or when i finish gyming. I've done Urinalysis twice, no infection, no protein, no sugar. Don't know if anyone has experience this...
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 23, 2023
Did you sleep with a prostitute? Don't lie
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Jashub: 11:12am On Aug 23, 2023
I've experienced it alot as I entered my 30s. Start drinking lots of water to keep you hydrated . It will help get rid of the foam and also keep your kidneys flushed

1 Like

Re: Having Foamy Urine by ibechris(m): 11:19am On Aug 23, 2023
There is an adage in Igbo land that says,if urinate in a confined place,it will bringforth a form.

U have a no wahala.
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Zonefree(m): 11:24am On Aug 23, 2023
That's kidney failure.

1 Like

Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 11:37am On Aug 23, 2023
IconicR:
Did you sleep with a prostitute? Don't lie

Lol, no
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Zonefree:
That's kidney failure.

I've done Urinalysis no sign of kidney problem anywhere. Beside sometime 2021 i experience something like this but it stopped on its own
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2023
Jashub:
I've experienced it alot as I entered my 30s. Start drinking lots of water to keep you hydrated . It will help get rid of the foam and also keep your kidneys flushed

Okay
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Zonefree(m): 11:41am On Aug 23, 2023
Amarahobu:

I've done Urinalysis no sign of kidney problem anywhere. Beside sometime 2021 i experience something like this but it stopped on its own
Kidney failure is a gradual process. This is the early symptom.

Reduce hand for alcohol.

1 Like

Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 11:43am On Aug 23, 2023
Zonefree:

Kidney failure is a gradual process. This is the early symptom.

Reduce hand for alcohol.

Why are you inflicting fear in me.. I've done kidney function test and everything is normal

2 Likes

Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2023
ibechris:
There is an adage in Igbo land that says,if urinate in a confined place,it will bringforth a form.

U have a no wahala.

Okay
Re: Having Foamy Urine by ebiproperties(m): 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ur PH level is high keep taking lots of water everyday until u notice d form gone. Ph means ur postrate is high. I also had a test urine last week just keep taking water ok
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
ebiproperties:
Ur PH level is high keep taking lots of water everyday until u notice d form gone. Ph means ur postrate is high. I also had a test urine last week just keep taking water ok

Okay
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 8:08pm On Aug 23, 2023
ebiproperties:

What do you mean by high postrate?
Re: Having Foamy Urine by ebiproperties(m): 9:38pm On Aug 23, 2023
Ph is an abbreviation prostrate google what is it and u will no better. Just keep drinking lots of water water. And u will be fine. Its happens when a man is from 40years and above
Re: Having Foamy Urine by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
ebiproperties:
Ph is an abbreviation prostrate google what is it and u will no better. Just keep drinking lots of water water. And u will be fine. Its happens when a man is from 40years and above

Ph stands for Potential of hydrogen and not Prostrate. In simple term Ph is the measure of the level of acidity and alkalinity of a solution. Usually measured from 0 to 14, above 7 will be seen as alkaline and below 7 as acidic. At 7 it will be considered neutral. The normal Ph value of urine can vary from 4.5 to 8 made up of water, salts and other waste products. Abnormalities to urine Ph can be traced to urinary tract infections, Kidney Diseases, Kidney stones. Just to mention the OP didn't mention there were abnormalities with his Urine Ph

1 Like

Re: Having Foamy Urine by DoctorAyukebot(m): 10:19pm On Aug 23, 2023
Amarahobu:
I've been having foamy urine in the morning for 3 months now, especially my morning urine or when i finish gyming. I've done Urinalysis twice, no infection, no protein, no sugar. Don't know if anyone has experience this...

Since you have ran a urinalysis that explicitly shows there is no proteinuria, infections or other underlying conditions I would say you have nothing to worry especially in the absence of other symptoms.

Foamy urine can be caused by many different things some of them worrying enough and others just as normal as the process of urination. The protein albumin could leak into urine if the filters of the kidneys get compromised. As the protein reacts with air foams get produced during urination. When this happens other symptoms like shortness of breath, itchy skin, swollen limbs and eye lids, and feeling sick could accompany the buildup of toxins caused by the kidneys inability to properly function.

Since you mentioned when you most experienced foamy urine I will narrow the normal causes to a few things. The first could be down to dehydration. Since you mentioned the foams are in the morning it could boil down to urine concentration in the morning after a night's sleep. At this point all the waste are concentrated enough to have protein enough to produce foams but yet not enough to be a Protein problem. Your recent diet might play a role too. Have you met a new girl who has been feeding you with boiled eggs, meat and other foods rich in protein?Lol

The second reason could boil down to Pressure. As urine builds up over night in the bladder it could gush out in the morning with enough force capable of producing streams of bubbles that look like foam. These though dissapear faster than true foams. You mentioned foamy urine after exercise. Most people will experience foamy urine after a fever, stress or intensive physical activity. Without going into the mechanism it is possible to lost proteins during hectic physical exercise in what could be a transient proteinuria. Also physical activity could cause plenty of sweating and dehydration that increases urines concentration and ability to foam. Check too if your toilet pot is having a detergent that creates foam after you pee?

Since the hospital has ruled out any suspicion of Urinary Tract Infections, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Proteinuria etc you can keep enjoying life in the knowledge that I too just passed out foamy urine this evening yet in perfect health... Do well to increase your fluid intake to atleast two liters of water daily. All the best

Dr Ayukebot O Rowland
Pharmacognosist
Flavell MEDICINA
Re: Having Foamy Urine by DoctorAyukebot(m): 1:01am On Aug 24, 2023
Amarahobu:

Why are you inflicting fear in me.. I've done kidney function test and everything is normal

Don't take him seriously.
Re: Having Foamy Urine by ebiproperties(m): 3:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
Thank u very much doctor for clearing things out I appreciate u sir

1 Like

Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 8:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
DoctorAyukebot:

Since you have ran a urinalysis that explicitly shows there is no proteinuria, infections or other underlying conditions I would say you have nothing to worry especially in the absence of other symptoms.

Foamy urine can be caused by many different things some of them worrying enough and others just as normal as the process of urination. The protein albumin could leak into urine if the filters of the kidneys get compromised. As the protein reacts with air foams get produced during urination. When this happens other symptoms like shortness of breath, itchy skin, swollen limbs and eye lids, and feeling sick could accompany the buildup of toxins caused by the kidneys inability to properly function.

Since you mentioned when you most experienced foamy urine I will narrow the normal causes to a few things. The first could be down to dehydration. Since you mentioned the foams are in the morning it could boil down to urine concentration in the morning after a night's sleep. At this point all the waste are concentrated enough to have protein enough to produce foams but yet not enough to be a Protein problem. Your recent diet might play a role too. Have you met a new girl who has been feeding you with boiled eggs, meat and other foods rich in protein?Lol

The second reason could boil down to Pressure. As urine builds up over night in the bladder it could gush out in the morning with enough force capable of producing streams of bubbles that look like foam. These though dissapear faster than true foams. You mentioned foamy urine after exercise. Most people will experience foamy urine after a fever, stress or intensive physical activity. Without going into the mechanism it is possible to lost proteins during hectic physical exercise in what could be a transient proteinuria. Also physical activity could cause plenty of sweating and dehydration that increases urines concentration and ability to foam. Check too if your toilet pot is having a detergent that creates foam after you pee?

Since the hospital has ruled out any suspicion of Urinary Tract Infections, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Proteinuria etc you can keep enjoying life in the knowledge that I too just passed out foamy urine this evening yet in perfect health... Do well to increase your fluid intake to atleast two liters of water daily. All the best

Dr Ayukebot O Rowland
Pharmacognosist
Flavell MEDICINA

Do high blood pressure cause foaming urine too? Even when the kidneys are fine?
Re: Having Foamy Urine by Amarahobu: 8:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
DoctorAyukebot:

Dr Ayukebot O Rowland
Pharmacognosist
Flavell MEDICINA

Please can you drop your number let me Chat you up?
Re: Having Foamy Urine by DoctorAyukebot(m): 5:19am On Aug 25, 2023
Amarahobu:

Please can you drop your number let me Chat you up?

You can get me on Whatsapp on
+1 669 237 2729
+237 679 79 67 27
+44 7476 496 143

P.s I am a Cameroonian living in Cameroon
Re: Having Foamy Urine by DoctorAyukebot(m): 5:36am On Aug 25, 2023
Amarahobu:

Do high blood pressure cause foaming urine too? Even when the kidneys are fine?

Not directly if the kidneys aren't compromised but over time sustained high blood pressure can cause a strain on the filters of kidneys leading to foamy urine caused by Proteinuria. Also during a sustained hypertensive crisis (blood pressure equals to or higher than 180/110) some patients could experience foamy urine due to hyperactivity. In any case a urinalysis would often detect excretory albumin (protein)
Re: Having Foamy Urine by DoctorAyukebot(m): 5:38am On Aug 25, 2023
ebiproperties:
Thank u very much doctor for clearing things out I appreciate u sir

The pleasure is mine Sir🙏

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Soultion To Health Problem / There Is A New Website Where You Can Lean Much About Helth Insurance / Nurse/midwife Needed In A First Class Hospital In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.