Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,967 members, 7,810,680 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? (11228 Views)

My Smallie Sister-in-law Makes My Life Difficult In My Own House / I Find It Difficult To Sleep Alone In A Room Or In A House / The Most Difficult Age For Any Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Chironks: 3:49pm On Aug 23, 2023
Love is beautiful, however, it can be challenging to manage.

How can one look past the partners' flaws and love them regardless?

Flaws in this context is when a partner lacks common sense.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
Chironks:

Love is uncondional abi? Na you love somebody that lacks common sense. Love the person that way.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
Chironks:
Love is beautiful, however, it can be challenging to manage. How can one look past the partners' flaws and love them regardless? Flaws in this context is when a partner lacks common sense.
Depends on what you mean by love and what you call flaws. Also, are you married to this person or still considering it? undecided

8 Likes

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 6:09pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
Love is uncondional abi? Na you love somebody that lacks common sense. Love the person that way.
There is no such thing as unconditional love since love is conditional. undecided

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Puss360(f): 8:06pm On Aug 23, 2023
Understanding your partner makes the relationship heavenly....
Know what they like and what makes them happy and try as much as you can to do those things...
Know what they dislike and try to avoid those things ....

If you can't avoid them, or you can't do things to make them smile, then leave the relationship..

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
There is no such thing as unconditional love since love. undecided
You have a misunderstanding of that statement. We can say Love is Truth,we can say love is kind, we also can say love is unconditional etc. Hence that statement. Love is the embodiment of all that and more.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 9:42pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
■ You have a misunderstanding of that statement. We can say Love is Truth,we can say love is kind, we also can say love is unconditional etc. Hence that statement.
Love is the embodiment of all that and more.
That love is unconditional is a myth! undecided

2. That only happens in our imaginations though and not reality. undecided

13 Likes

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
That love is unconditional is a myth! undecided

2. That only happens in our imaginations though and not reality. undecided
Love is not a myth. It is like saying Truth or Light is a myth. cheesy
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 9:47pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
Love is not a myth. It is like saying Truth or Light is a myth. cheesy
Again, what is a myth is Unconditional love. Love itself is not a myth. undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Again, what is a myth is Unconditional love. Love itself is not a myth. undecided
Unconditional would be metaphorical in describing Love, yeah? as in shining light so is unconditional love. Unconditional is more like a characteristic of love. And yes, Love is Love and in itself unconditional.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 10:04pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
Unconditional would be metaphorical in describing Love, yeah? as in shining light so is unconditional love. Unconditional is more like a characteristic of love. And yes, Love is Love and in itself unconditional.
Unconditional can not be a characteristic of love given that love in and of itself is not unconditional. undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Unconditional can not be a characteristic of love given that love in and of itself is not unconditional. undecided
smiley
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 10:11pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
smiley
Love is very much conditional in all forms of it. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
Love is very much conditional in all forms of it. lipsrsealed
no, it is not. GOD is Love. The Love of GOD is unconditional.
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 10:18pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
no, it is not. GOD is Love. The Love of GOD is unconditional.
No, God's love is not unconditional at all as it is conditioned upon not just your acceptance but also your obedience to His teachings and commandments, aka His Law. So, when God demands that His love is for those who trust and obey Him, He means that is the condition upon which His love would be revealed to one. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
No, God's love is not unconditional at all as it is conditioned upon not just your acceptance but also your obedience to His teachings and commandments, aka His Law. undecided
The scripture says while we were yet sinners CHRIST died for Us. "For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON that whosoever believes in HIM should not perish but have eternal life. There, in these scriptures elucidates the unconditionalness of GOD's love. Now, it all is dependent on your acceptance of GOD's Love or not by the sacrifice of the cross, hence free moral agency expressed. GOD is not telling you do this, i'd love you. GOD loves you inspite of you doing or not because LOVE is who GOD is and that in itself has no conditions because truth be told, no mortal can meet up with GOD's laws and Precepts but by HIS Grace and Mercy, HE gave Us HIS HOLY SPIRIT which is the fulfilment of the righteous requirements of the law; hence in HIM we live and move and walk and have our being. Love my dear is unconditional. For emphasis, i am not talking about the love fellow Nigerians are quick to throw around or violate others misusing.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
■ The scripture says while we were yet sinners CHRIST died for Us. "For GOD so loved the world that HE gave HIS only begotten SON that whosoever believes in HIM should not perish but have eternal life. There, in these scripture elucidates the unconditionalness of GOD's love. Now, it all is dependent on your acceptance of GOD's Love or not by the sacrifice of the cross, hence free moral agency expressed. GOD is not telling you do this, i'd love you. GOD loves you inspite of you doing or not because LOVE is who GOD is and that in itself has no conditions because truth be told, no mortal can meet up with GOD's laws and Precepts but by HIS Grace and Mercy, HE gave Us HIS HOLY SPIRIT which is the fulfilment of the righteous requirements of the law; hence in HIM we live and move and walk and have our being. Love my dear is unconditional.
In John 13 vs 1 and John 15 vs 1 - 14, the same Jesus Christ carefully explained to you those to whom His love really belongs. He carefully explained how it is only those who love him - John 14 vs 15 - 26 - that will not only receive the Holy Spirit from the Father, but they are also those whom He will do everything they ask for - John 15 vs 5 - 8. So, as you can see, God's Love, as explained by Jesus Christ, has always been conditional. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Aug 23, 2023
Kobojunkiee:
In John 13 vs 1 and John 15 vs 1 - 14, the same Jesus Christ carefully explained to you those to whom His love really belongs. He carefully explained how it is only those who love him - John 14 vs 15 - 26 - that will not only receive the Holy Spirit from the Father, but they are also those whom He will do everything they ask for - John 15 vs 5 - 8. So, as you can see, God's Love, as explained by Jesus Christ, has always been conditional. undecided
Can we continue this conversation some other time by GOD's Grace if you may? I gotta run along now.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Kobojunkiee: 10:52pm On Aug 23, 2023
Jazmine10:
Can we continue this conversation some other time by GOD's Grace if you may? I gotta run along now.
Sure! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by ideamonster: 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2023
just love them. its not too hard
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nursepepeye(f): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
This is not a question, because the answer is in it
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Vijuchoco(f): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
Chironks:

Lol.. Lack common sense ke?
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by DrAda(f): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
It's difficult but I have discovered that if you want peace then you must learn to understand and tolerate your spouse.

Love is subjective. Your survival and right to inner peace comes first.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nursepepeye(f): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Jazmine10:
see them
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by patrislayqueen: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
sad
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by TriCee: 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Lol,
I believe there are people who would overlook what you consider a major flaw and still love their partner regardless.
There are also those who see things you overlook as flaws.

Advice: If a particular flaw doesn't work for and may never work for you in the nearest future, You can walk now, if u never go far.
No go stress yourself and person pikin. You cannot teach anyone common sense!!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by lomprico(m): 1:35pm On Aug 24, 2023
Chironks:

Once you truly love the person, you won't see those flaws as flaws. That the dangerous thing about love. undecided
Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Nnemuka(f): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
Otilor.. E don be
Loving a sane person is quite difficult talk more of a senseless one.
Na God hand the relationship dey now

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by LadyRosa(f): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
angry

You unloved the difficult partner. Simple!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Starships4u(m): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
By leaving them!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by Beverlyjean(f): 1:36pm On Aug 24, 2023
If u know u can't handle it
..leave now.... anything that's difficult during relationship is worse when u get to marriage

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Love A Difficult Partner? by GanagiBitrus: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
Only way is to learn to overlook the faults & focus on the positives.
This learning may come by renewing/reprogramming/brainwashing your mind - one good way being through religion.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do I Handle A Wife That Is Wasteful. / What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate? / Gender Stereotypes Part I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.