Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

My Support For Tom Obaseki Based On His Credibility, Experience, Says Edo Gov - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Support For Tom Obaseki Based On His Credibility, Experience, Says Edo Gov (442 Views)

Wike Replies Obaseki, Says Edo Governor Is A Serial Betrayer / Buhari Says Edo Central, Forgets He's In Ondo / More Reactions From Nigerians As Buhari Says "Edo Central" While He's In Ondo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Support For Tom Obaseki Based On His Credibility, Experience, Says Edo Gov by Aisosa25: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2023
My support for Tom Obaseki based on his credibility, experience, says Edo gov

The Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has said his support for the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for Oredo Local Government Chairmanship, Dr. Tom Obaseki is not based on their familial relationship but on the candidate’s credibility, experience and track record.

Addressing party faithful in Benin City during the PDP campaign rally for the September 2, 2023, local council elections, Governor Obaseki expressed confidence that the party’s candidate for Oredo chairmanship will transform the economic fortunes of the LGA and improve the livelihoods of the people.

Dr. Tom Obaseki, B.Pharm, MBA, Pharm.D possesses expertise in public and healthcare administration and management, infrastructural and environmental development as well as procurement and supply chain management.

PHOTO CAPTION

DSC_01

Edo State Governor, Mr. Godwin Obaseki (left), with the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Chairmanship Candidate for Oredo LGA, Dr. Tom Obaseki at the campaign for the local government elections in Oredo LGA, on Wednesday, August 23, 2023.

He served as the Project Coordinator of the Edo State Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (Edo-NEWMAP), where he managed over $200 million in the World Bank-supported project, demonstrating uncommon leadership in tackling environmental challenges and executing life-transforming projects to improve the livelihoods of people across the State.

Dr. Tom Obaseki later served as the pioneer Chief Executive Officer of the Edo State Flood, Erosion, and Watershed Management Agency (Edo-FEWMA), which was created by Governor Godwin Obaseki in July 2021, following the successes recorded through the NEWMAP Project under the sterling leadership of Dr. Tom Obaseki, which came to a close in June-2022 after a ten-year impactful period in the State.

He is a certified Public Leader from Harvard Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA.

Speaking to party faithful in Oredo LGA, the governor explained that his support for the candidate is not because he is his brother but because he is a credible and competent candidate who has managed men and resources and didn't steal their collective patrimony.

The governor said, “Tom Obaseki is a committed personality. He is a man who loves his people and is ready to work for the development of the Council. He has seen what we are doing in the State and will bring it to the local government area.

"I decided to support him not because he is my brother but because of the work he has done. In the last eight years, he has managed over $200 million projects in Edo State with the World Bank through the Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP).”

Governor Obaseki added, “He has the required experience to transform Oredo. He has been supportive of my administration with his wealth of experience. He has the training and background. He has managed men and resources and will not steal your money.”

Re: My Support For Tom Obaseki Based On His Credibility, Experience, Says Edo Gov by Creamypie(m): 10:08am On Aug 24, 2023
Ah. Edo don become lagos
Re: My Support For Tom Obaseki Based On His Credibility, Experience, Says Edo Gov by talented321: 10:15am On Aug 24, 2023
Stop lying to ur gullible followers......
Re: My Support For Tom Obaseki Based On His Credibility, Experience, Says Edo Gov by Thundafireseun: 10:24am On Aug 24, 2023
grin
He has managed men and resources and will not steal your money.”

Meanwhile OSHOMOLE right now

(1) (Reply)

Is The Word Biafra A Blessing Or A Curse To SE? / Judgement Imminent In P&ID : A Case That Can Bankrupt Nigeria / Tinubu Should Start Writing His Hand Over Speech To Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.