Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,071 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed (3139 Views)

What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before / 4 Foods You Probably Didn’t Know Existed / Name One Thing You Don't Eat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 2:34pm On Aug 25, 2023
This is called Achara in Enugu I don't know if other igbos eat it , but Enugu eats it .

Tasted it and it's good and healthy, what is this called in your dialect?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by mariovito(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2023
I didn't know

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
mariovito:
I didn't know
Are you Igbo
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by mariovito(m): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Yes I am.

How about you?

IconicR:
Are you Igbo

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by TooMuchStuff: 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
Veggies
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 2:38pm On Aug 25, 2023
endsarrrs:

Mph247 what are you doing in Enugu? grin
😀😀😀
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
TooMuchStuff:
Veggies

In your dialect? 😂😂😂😂
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Mindlog: 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
Achara soup, is more common with people from Umuahia, Abia State.

5 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Okwyjesus(m): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:
This is called Achara in Enugu I don't know if other igbos eat it , but Enugu eats it .

This is Achara. One of the finest veg for soup.

Ohhhh my happy home

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by AuschwitzPrefec: 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:

Spring onions and it's not indigenous to IPOB land and is grown mostly in the north.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by christejames(m): 2:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
It's a nice delicacy 🍲
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Spring onions and it's not indigenous to IPOB land and is grown mostly in the north.

No this is far from spring onions it's not

6 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by TooMuchStuff: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:

In your dialect? 😂😂😂😂

I Sabi de name in Urobo
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 2:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
TooMuchStuff:

I Sabi de name in Urobo

Foods plenty for this life sha
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by nabiz(m): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:

i am missing this delicious vegis
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by AuschwitzPrefec: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
fx45:
You're sick in the head

That's spring onions .

White Europeans probably introduced it and other foods like Okpa beans to stop you from eating each other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
nabiz:
i am missing this delicious vegis

Ahhhh una plenty ooo
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 2:45pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

That's spring onions .

White Europeans probably introduced it and other foods like Okpa beans to stop you from eating each other.

Please go and play with your naked mother

14 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Mindlog: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Does that look like the spring onions grown in your village?

6 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by illicit(m): 2:47pm On Aug 25, 2023
My ex told me some of her people eat long pig
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by cursedAbiola(f): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:
😀😀😀
Hahahahaha the authentic Moh247
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by cursedAbiola(f): 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

That's spring onions .

orunneyi

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by kestolove95(m): 2:51pm On Aug 25, 2023
People that eat human Nd drink blood.

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by jude79(m): 3:07pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

That's spring onions .

Hahahaha!!!! Your really sick in the head grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by ElSudani: 3:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Isn't that grass? Oh, onions.
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Nightwolf1: 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Spring onions? Indeed you are a senseless bag of shit 🤡🤡

6 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Makunahatata: 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
Lai shewure Kai... 😏
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 3:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
ElSudani:
Isn't that grass? Oh, onions.

??
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by FreeStuffsNG: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:

This is probably regarded as a grassy weed elsewhere. It looks like spring onion though.

I grew up hearing that during and after the Nigerian civil war, almost every plant in Igboland became a vegetable delicacy. I have not seen that in my life and I am from Yorubaland. I will try it some day. Check my signature for free stuffs!

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egg Stew / Have You Ever Fry Your Egg With Palm Oil ;) / Zobocola Nigeria Premium Zobo Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.