Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,449 members, 7,850,565 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:37 AM

What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed (3199 Views)

What Igbos Eat You Have Not Seen Before / 4 Foods You Probably Didn’t Know Existed / Name One Thing You Don't Eat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 3:26pm On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

This is probably regarded as a grassy weed elsewhere.

I grew up hearing that almost every plant in Igboland is a vegetable delicacy. I have not seen that in my life and I am from Yorubaland. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Just as Ewedu is a plant so is Achara an it is healthy

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by FreeStuffsNG: 3:27pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:

Just as Ewedu is a plant so is Achara an it is healthy
,Good to know. Thank you for sharing this info sir.

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 3:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
,Good to know. Thank you for sharing this info sir.
🤸
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
What can they not eat, even human being

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
MICHEALADEX:

Including your mother

3 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by hegelian: 5:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Spring onions and it's not indigenous to IPOB land and is grown mostly in the north.

Omo u live a very miserable life. Simple food discussion, you bring your hateful soul into it.. Omo your life dom pafka patapata..

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by TYCO77: 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
[color=#000099][/color]
Moh248:
This is called Achara in Enugu I don't know if other igbos eat it , but Enugu eats it .

Tasted it and it's good and healthy, what is this called in your dialect?

We call it achara in Umuahia. Used most especially in preparing ukazi soup for special festivals and events. Very delicious especially when consumed a day after preparation. What of the bottom pot? Omo that one na helele!

2 Likes

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 5:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
TYCO77:
[color=#000099][/color]

We call it achara in Umuahia. Used most especially in preparing ukazi soup for special festivals and events. Very delicious especially when consumed a day after preparation. What of the bottom pot? Omo that one na helele!

You go like food die

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Antivirus92(m): 8:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
kestolove95:
People that eat human Nd drink blood.

https://www.nairaland.com/7810799/italian-pm-giorgia-meloni-claimed

These are the cannibals recognised internationally
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by AuschwitzPrefec: 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2023
MICHEALADEX:

The fingers are a prized delicacy among them.

I wonder why
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2023
illicit:
My ex told me some of her people eat long pig

Your point?
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by JasonNOTStatham: 10:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Leek undecided
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by edogu(m): 10:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ofe achara. Popular among Umuahia people. Usually prepared with okazi
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
edogu:
Ofe achara. Popular among Umuahia people. Usually prepared with okapi.

What is okapi?
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by edogu(m): 11:15pm On Aug 25, 2023
Moh248:

What is okapi?
I meant Okazi
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Morbeta11(m): 11:28pm On Aug 25, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

Spring onions and it's not indigenous to IPOB land and is grown mostly in the north.

Ignoramus

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by ImperialYoruba: 11:30pm On Aug 25, 2023
This is celery. Its a stalk. My Ibo prostitute brought some from Afikpo, we soak in gin overnight. I fck am throughout next day from the strength.

Mix am with agbo, na original. grin
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Moh248: 11:36pm On Aug 25, 2023
edogu:

I meant Okazi

The one I was severed I'm not sure that thing you mentioned is there.

How does it taste?
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:07am On Aug 26, 2023
Moh248:
😀😀😀

Don't patronise Igbos with this multiple accounts you open..

I go soon report you..make your eyes clear.
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:08am On Aug 26, 2023
ImperialYoruba:
This is celery. Its a stalk. My Ibo prostitute brought some from Afikpo, we soak in gin overnight. I fck am throughout next day from the strength.

Mix am with agbo, na original. grin

Hahahahahahaha...

Olosho na yoruba word oo...Dey play..

Ndi slave

1 Like

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by edogu(m): 5:17am On Aug 26, 2023
Moh248:

The one I was severed I'm not sure that thing you mentioned is there.

How does it taste?
Okazi is the vegetable leaf added to it.

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Typing: 6:26am On Aug 26, 2023
Moh248:
This is called Achara in Enugu I don't know if other igbos eat it , but Enugu eats it .

Hunger has made Igbo People eat alot of crazy stuffs in the name of food. What will now happen if the North stop reading them? 😂😂😂😃

Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Administration1: 6:55am On Aug 26, 2023
Antivirus92:

https://www.nairaland.com/7810799/italian-pm-giorgia-meloni-claimed

These are the cannibals recognised internationally
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by olril17(m): 7:48am On Aug 26, 2023
AuschwitzPrefec:

That's spring onions .

White Europeans probably introduced it and other foods like Okpa beans to stop you from eating each other.
Oloriburuku leyii sha
How that thing resemble spring onion?
Oluyaa lasan lasan
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by gammarays(m): 7:51am On Aug 26, 2023
Moh248:

The people of Abia state especially Abia North and Ukwa ngwa people eat it.
Also Ihitte Uboma and some part of Mbano in Imo state.
Re: What The Igbos Eat You Don't Know Existed by Cooletempa: 10:46am On Aug 26, 2023
These people are shocked shocked. Imagine eating grass? And they want another civil war after which eating poo 💩 will be called delicacy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Slim Fruit / What Are Some Of Your Favorite Foods In Nigeria? / Bulk Sea Salt For Sale In Lagos, Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.