Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University (36081 Views)

“Suspend Chicago University Too”– Atiku Reacts After Benin, Togo Cert Revocation / Tinubu Graduated With Honors From Our School, Says Chicago University / I Want EFCC To Release My $40m Jewellery, Gold Iphone – Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Ofunaofu: 4:44pm On Aug 25, 2023
•School pledges to release it if court orders

President Bola Tinubu has asked the Chicago State University (CSU) not to release his academic credentials to the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.

On August 23, Tinubu’s attorney submitted a statement as part of his legal argument in his response to the suit filed by Atiku at a United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago, demanding that CSU release all of his academic records over irregularities in the certificate he submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

In his response, Tinubu said a clerical error was responsible for discrepancies on the certificate issued to him by the varsity.

According to filings by Oluwole Afolabi and Christopher Carmichael, Tinubu’s lawyers, an unidentified clerk of the university made the error about the date the school stated on his recently-issued certificate, thereby creating “the appearance of differences.”

This submission followed Judge Jeffrey Gilbert’s directive to Tinubu to provide an explanation by August 23 regarding the potential release of his academic records at CSU to Atiku.

Earlier this month, Atiku had sought court approval to issue a subpoena for Tinubu’s records. This move was prompted by Atiku’s belief that the documents would help clarify significant inconsistencies in Tinubu’s background.

There have been allegations bordering on discrepancies with Tinubu’s certificate. His credentials showed he graduated from CSU in 1979 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting and management.

In the suit filed before the US district court, Atiku prayed the court to subpoena Tinubu’s files domiciled with CSU. The former vice president said the files would settle the controversy surrounding Tinubu’s academic background and aid the election petition tribunal.

The university, in its response to the application, said it did not “understand” why Tinubu’s academic records “could possibly have any bearing on a 2023 election challenge in a foreign country.”

It, however, agreed to release the credentials once the court issues the order but pleaded with the court to be specific with the demands it sought.

The statement read: “In the event the court determines to allow any discovery to proceed here, the university urges the court to direct only limited, targeted discovery on the university.

“Similarly, the university defers to Tinubu on whether any of the discovery information sought here is appropriate under 28 U.S.C. 1782, including whether it is relevant to the pending Nigerian proceeding. The University struggles to understand how-given that Tinubu did in fact graduate from the University in 1979 – Tinubu’s grades and other student records from the 1970s and date and signatory information on subsequently issued ceremonial diplomas could possibly have any bearing on a 2023 election challenge in a foreign country.

“But the University is admittedly not familiar with the issues in the Nigerian proceeding or the evidentiary and other legal principles applicable therein. Accordingly, the University defers to Tinubu – who obviously is familiar with these issues and directly involved in that foreign proceeding – to advance procedural and relevancy objections to the application.

“In a recent conference with Abubakar’s counsel about the aplication, Abubakar’s counsel confirmed that the evidentiary phase of the Nigerian proceeding has concluded, but that the information sought in the application might be introduced in appellate proceedings to come. The University respectfully requests that this Court, in ruling on the application, scrutinise both the actual status of the Nigerian proceeding and the likelihood that any discovery information provided by the University would in fact be considered in the Nigerian proceeding.

“Finally, in the event the Court determines to allow any discovery to proceed here, the University urges the Court to direct only limited, targeted discovery on the University,” CSU said in a response filed by Michael Hayes, its counsel.

“As leave to issue any discovery has not yet been granted, and the Court’s views on what if any discovery is appropriate here under 28 U.S.C. §1782 are not yet known, it is premature for the University to raise objections to the scope of the documents and information sought in Abubakar’s two subpoenas.

“But without limiting further objections, which the University expressly reserves, the University notes that the scope and relevancy of certain of Abubakar’s requests are clearly inappropriate.

“For example, Abubakar’s document subpoena Request No. 5 seeks information on diplomas issued by the University for a 44-year period (1979 to the present), and Abubakar’s deposition subpoena Topic No. 7 seeks information on the employment status and reasons for departure of a former employee in the University’s General Counsel’s Office.

“Following this Court’s ruling on the Application, should any discovery be permitted, the University will meet and confer promptly and in good faith with Abubakar’s counsel to attempt to address all the University’s concerns.”

On June 23, the presidential election petition tribunal admitted certified copies of Tinubu’s academic and professional records tendered by Abubakar and the PDP. The documents, which include a BSc certificate from Chicago State University, a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge certificate and Mobil Nigeria Oil Plc certificate of service, were tendered through a witness. On July 4, a counsel to Tinubu submitted 12 documents containing the president’s educational records from CSU.

The petitioners — Abubakar and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) — told the court that Tinubu allegedly distorted his age and has conflicting academic and personal records.

The tribunal has completed proceedings on the case against Tinubu and will announce a date for judgment.

https://sunnewsonline.com/dont-release-my-documents-to-atiku-tinubu-tells-chicago-varsity/?amp

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Throwback: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2023
Even Peter Obi refused to release his University Bachelor's Degree and NYSC Certificate to INEC, yet Igbos want Tinubu to allow Atiku go to USA to collect all his academic and personal records?

Atiku even funny. He demanded that the University must provide him all the certificates they have issued from 1979 till 2023.

That was when the University realised that politicians like Atiku and Obi are jokers who think that America is Africa.

I just shame for Atiku and Obi.

Very desperate politicians who lost despite all the prostitution and ticket hunting.

230 Likes 39 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by 89green: 4:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
Wahala pro maxx

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by accordadoga25(f): 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hehehe.

CSU already said Tinubu graduated from their school.

What evidences are Atiku and pänd0ra still looking for?

Atiku is gradually going into depression like the 3rd class dullard.

This couple should go and rest. It's not by force to rule Nigeria

CSU should not release any result to anybody.

Anybody not satisfied with that should go and hug transformer.

168 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Throwback: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
Igbos and Obidients should be asking Peter Obi why he did not present his University certificate and NYSC to INEC, instead of presenting only his GCE which he sat for after he failed hopelessly in his WAEC.

We all know that Tinubu was bold and proud enough to present his own university degree and NYSC certificate to INEC.

Why did Obi's aide come to the public to show us Peter Obi's UNN Bachelor's certificate, instead of submitting it to INEC like other candidates who have university certificates did?

What is Peter Obi afraid of?

So las las, Peter Obi no even better pass Buhari who actually has a student Cambridge/WAEC certificate and not a 2nd chance external candidate GCE like Obi.

169 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:52pm On Aug 25, 2023
Privacy na

I drop cert...Why u go wan see my transcript

In other news, Are we not going to prove how we won our elections anymore, cause i don dey tire o

From 25%, through drug case and now to this

Make Atiku rest...the third guy from Agulu dey irrelevant already cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

38 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by ideynl1: 4:53pm On Aug 25, 2023
Throwback:
Igbos and Obidients should be asking Peter Obi why he did not present his University certificate and NYSC to INEC, instead of presenting only his GCE which he sat for after he failed hopelessly WAEC.

We all know that Tinubu was bold and proud enough to present his own university degree and NYSC certificate to INEC.

Atiku asked for certificate, but you Dey call Obi.

You Yorubas ehhh.

519 Likes 60 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by accordadoga25(f): 4:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
Throwback:
Igbos and Obidients should be asking Peter Obi why he did not present his University certificate and NYSC to INEC, instead of presenting only his GCE which he sat for after he failed hopelessly WAEC.

Igbos dey go school?

On Tuesday morning which is their Monday, it's business. You will see them in Eke market selling okporoko instead of going to school.

When they realise they can't manage to live a life of luxury doing okporoko business they port to 'elubo' business - if you don't gerrit, forget about it

They think city boy is like that dullard who has no certificate.

135 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Ofunaofu: 5:04pm On Aug 25, 2023
accordadoga25:

Igbos dey go school?

On Tuesday morning which is their Monday, it's business. You will see them in Eke market selling okporoko instead of going to school.

They think city boy is like that dullard who has no certifate.

Wetin concern Igbo with Atiku asking for Tinubu results from CSU

You dey fear to confront Hausa Fulani man

429 Likes 43 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by loosecanon50(m): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
The wicked runneth when no one pursues them...the disgrace of balablu is imminent.

Tinubu the first class graduate, what are you hiding? grin

243 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by loosecanon50(m): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
accordadoga25:

Igbos dey go school?

They think city boy is like that dullard who has no certifate.

Wetin concern this post with Igbo? Atiku na igbo man?
You no wan attack una slave master abi grin

Omo..some of una for this nairaland need urgent psychiatric evaluation I swear.

393 Likes 56 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by ahaz: 5:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
Throwback:

Why did Obi's aide come to the public to show us Peter Obi's UNN Bachelor's certificate, instead of submitting it to INEC like other candidates who have university certificates did?

So las las, Peter Obi no even better pass Buhari who actually has a student Cambridge/WAEC certificate and not a 2nd chance external candidate GCE like Obi.

Yoruba cowards what has FULANI given to you people that you are soo scared to mention there names? The last we checked,it was Atiku that filled the suit and not Obi..so wetin concern Obi for this matter?
Hausa beat you black and blue in Lagos you cry to Igbos.
Hausa deny you access to Mike 12 market,you blame Igbos.
FULANI murdered your Obas in cold blood,you blame Igbos.
FULANI chased an entire Yoruba local government and dashed them to Benin republic, yes, blame Igbos..hopeless cowards!

380 Likes 54 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Raskimonojendor: 5:12pm On Aug 25, 2023
Tinubu should continue to press their necks cool

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by loosecanon50(m): 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Which people neck he dey press? grin

136 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Campusmyguy2030: 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
Throwback:
Even Peter Obi refused to release his University Bachelor's Degree and NYSC Certificate to INEC, yet Igbos want Tinubu to allow Atiku go to USA to collect all his academic and personal records?

Atiku even funny. He demanded that the University must provide him all the certificates they have issued from 1979 till 2023.

That was when the University realised that politicians like Atiku and Obi are jokers who think that America is Africa.

I just shame for Atiku and Obi.

Very desperate politicians who lost despite all the prostitution and ticket hunting.

Is igbo really ur problem in nigeria,did u hear were dey called igbo in the write up

247 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Raskimonojendor: 5:16pm On Aug 25, 2023
loosecanon50:

Which people neck he dey press?
Opposition. You are welcome.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by loosecanon50(m): 5:18pm On Aug 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Opposition. You are welcome.

I think sey na clerk make mistake? Now eBola dey beg make dem no release him certificate.

..wake up from your slumber Mr man grin

Tinubu dey hide something and he will be discraced out of office like a common criminal that he is.

153 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by EbolaTinubu: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
Useless criminal

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Racoon(m): 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
Chicago University deserves all allegations place on them by Tinubu, a University that fails to stand by the truth but instead trying to cover for an ingrate will surely get the slap of embarrassment.

What will it takes the University to come out to say that the certificate does not belong to Tinubu, or that Tinubu falsified hid credentials when seeking admission into the school but instead they were busy playing cat and mouse game with the situation.

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Racoon(m): 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
Clerk made error? No be today Tinubu begin dey forge certificate. Person wey criminally stole Donald Duke childhood image and his campaign group were shamelessly passing it as him own as a handsome city boy.

Same criminal appended his signature on INEC documents fraudulently enter on his behalf? And senator Tokunbo Afikuyomi never went to jail for forgery and perjury? Shege criminal

73 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by loosecanon50(m): 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Privacy na

I drop cert...Why u go wan see my transcript

In other news, Are we not going to prove how we won our elections anymore, cause i don dey tire o

From 25%, through drug case and now to this

Make Atiku rest...the third guy from Agulu dey irrelevant already cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just rest. A so called first class graduate should be proud to show off his certificate.

142 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Raskimonojendor: 5:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
loosecanon50:

He no dey press any necks..wake up from your slumber grin

Tinubu dey hide something and he will be discraced out of office like a common criminal that he is.
Keep playing cheesy

90 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2023
accordadoga25:
Hehehe.

CSU already said Tinubu graduated from their school.

What evidences are Atiku and pänd0ra still looking for.

Atiku is gradually going into depression like the 3rd class dullard.

This couple should go and rest. It's not by force to rule Nigeria

CSU should not release any result to anybody.

Anybody not satisfied with that should go and hug transformer.

If it's found that the certificate BAT submitted to INEC is different from the one CSU will issue out then it's over. It doesn't matter wether he graduated from CSU or not.

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Chizaam2008: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
Hunnnh!

HE SUBMITTED A FAKE CERTIFICATE. . . SIMPLE!!! cheesy
We don catch am!

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Lovelive: 6:22pm On Aug 25, 2023
Say some of you Yoruba ehhhh.

ideynl1:

Atiku asked for certificate, but you Dey call Obi.

You Yorubas ehhh.

14 Likes

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by ideynl1: 6:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
Raskimonojendor:

Tinubu is pressing the necks of hungry Yoruba people, that’s why they about like bambialla begging for beans and garri.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by iSense247: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
What is Oluwole Thiefnubuuu hiding? grin

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Feintline: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
Agbado ronu. Tinubu haff sacrifice this one brain.
Atiku ask for result, you de shout obi.
grin
You de ok like this? Receive help. Na yaba expressway you de go like this.

Meanwhile it is clear that tinubu is a rogue. I don't understand how someone should be scared of his so called result.
I believe tinubu impersonated someone. The person that got admitted to Chicago looks to be a female.
There is no reason for someone to scared for a thing as this.

Throwback:

60 Likes

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Cabalgeneral: 6:39pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ofunaofu:

•School pledges to release it if court orders

President Bola Tinubu has asked the Chicago State University (CSU) not to release his academic credentials to the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar.

On August 23, Tinubu’s attorney submitted a statement as part of his legal argument in his response to the suit filed by Atiku at a United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois in Chicago, demanding that CSU release all of his academic records over irregularities in the certificate he submitted to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

In his response, Tinubu said a clerical error was responsible for discrepancies on the certificate issued to him by the varsity.

According to filings by Oluwole Afolabi and Christopher Carmichael, Tinubu’s lawyers, an unidentified clerk of the university made the error about the date the school stated on his recently-issued certificate, thereby creating “the appearance of differences.”

This submission followed Judge Jeffrey Gilbert’s directive to Tinubu to provide an explanation by August 23 regarding the potential release of his academic records at CSU to Atiku.

Earlier this month, Atiku had sought court approval to issue a subpoena for Tinubu’s records. This move was prompted by Atiku’s belief that the documents would help clarify significant inconsistencies in Tinubu’s background.

There have been allegations bordering on discrepancies with Tinubu’s certificate. His credentials showed he graduated from CSU in 1979 with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting and management.

In the suit filed before the US district court, Atiku prayed the court to subpoena Tinubu’s files domiciled with CSU. The former vice president said the files would settle the controversy surrounding Tinubu’s academic background and aid the election petition tribunal.

The university, in its response to the application, said it did not “understand” why Tinubu’s academic records “could possibly have any bearing on a 2023 election challenge in a foreign country.”

It, however, agreed to release the credentials once the court issues the order but pleaded with the court to be specific with the demands it sought.

The statement read: “In the event the court determines to allow any discovery to proceed here, the university urges the court to direct only limited, targeted discovery on the university.

“Similarly, the university defers to Tinubu on whether any of the discovery information sought here is appropriate under 28 U.S.C. 1782, including whether it is relevant to the pending Nigerian proceeding. The University struggles to understand how-given that Tinubu did in fact graduate from the University in 1979 – Tinubu’s grades and other student records from the 1970s and date and signatory information on subsequently issued ceremonial diplomas could possibly have any bearing on a 2023 election challenge in a foreign country.

“But the University is admittedly not familiar with the issues in the Nigerian proceeding or the evidentiary and other legal principles applicable therein. Accordingly, the University defers to Tinubu – who obviously is familiar with these issues and directly involved in that foreign proceeding – to advance procedural and relevancy objections to the application.

“In a recent conference with Abubakar’s counsel about the aplication, Abubakar’s counsel confirmed that the evidentiary phase of the Nigerian proceeding has concluded, but that the information sought in the application might be introduced in appellate proceedings to come. The University respectfully requests that this Court, in ruling on the application, scrutinise both the actual status of the Nigerian proceeding and the likelihood that any discovery information provided by the University would in fact be considered in the Nigerian proceeding.

“Finally, in the event the Court determines to allow any discovery to proceed here, the University urges the Court to direct only limited, targeted discovery on the University,” CSU said in a response filed by Michael Hayes, its counsel.

“As leave to issue any discovery has not yet been granted, and the Court’s views on what if any discovery is appropriate here under 28 U.S.C. §1782 are not yet known, it is premature for the University to raise objections to the scope of the documents and information sought in Abubakar’s two subpoenas.

“But without limiting further objections, which the University expressly reserves, the University notes that the scope and relevancy of certain of Abubakar’s requests are clearly inappropriate.

“For example, Abubakar’s document subpoena Request No. 5 seeks information on diplomas issued by the University for a 44-year period (1979 to the present), and Abubakar’s deposition subpoena Topic No. 7 seeks information on the employment status and reasons for departure of a former employee in the University’s General Counsel’s Office.

“Following this Court’s ruling on the Application, should any discovery be permitted, the University will meet and confer promptly and in good faith with Abubakar’s counsel to attempt to address all the University’s concerns.”

On June 23, the presidential election petition tribunal admitted certified copies of Tinubu’s academic and professional records tendered by Abubakar and the PDP. The documents, which include a BSc certificate from Chicago State University, a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) discharge certificate and Mobil Nigeria Oil Plc certificate of service, were tendered through a witness. On July 4, a counsel to Tinubu submitted 12 documents containing the president’s educational records from CSU.

The petitioners — Abubakar and Peter Obi of the Labour Party (LP) — told the court that Tinubu allegedly distorted his age and has conflicting academic and personal records.

The tribunal has completed proceedings on the case against Tinubu and will announce a date for judgment.

https://sunnewsonline.com/dont-release-my-documents-to-atiku-tinubu-tells-chicago-varsity/?amp

He have the monopoly to give order to his university

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by iSense247: 6:40pm On Aug 25, 2023
Feintline:
Agbado ronu. Tinubu haff sacrifice this one brain.
Atiku ask for result, you de shout obi.
grin

He is not Ronu (think). He is Ponu (Stupid). Next time address him as Ponu grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by OBIDIENTNAIJA: 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
Everything about this man Thief is questionable. They claimed he is first class graduate of accounting and yet doesn't know statistics is very important in measuring wants. A clear conscience fears no guilt. Just like PO he said go and verify but same can't be said of this man Thief. Is there anything left for him to steal and covet to himself after stealing the people's mandate?? 🤔🤔
If Ebola Tinubu Thiéfnubu have his way, he will covet planet earth to himself. Him and covetousness are inseparable.
cry

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Release My Documents To Atiku - Tinubu Tells Chicago University by Spaxon(f): 6:43pm On Aug 25, 2023
leaky leaky president, what are you hiding from?

have you forgotten you are a public servant and your documents are for public view upon request

24 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Don’t Panic, Presidency Tells Jonathan’s Supporters: Abati / Governor Okowa Gushes Over Grandchildren After China Trip / FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.