Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? (1373 Views)

See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) / My Brake Doesnt Hold. Have To Pump It Once Or Twice First / How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by ManWater: 12:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
My roadside vulcaniser charged me N300 just to Pump a single car Tyre.

Now, compare with a haircut that costs N600, where the Barber rents a shop, clipper etc and runs generator for 30mins to cut your hair.
But a vulcaniser will just take 3mins to put air into your tyre and charge N300.

I complained that it is too high but he said it is their union that fixed the price.
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by taylor88(m): 12:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by EyeCumInPiss: 12:23pm On Aug 27, 2023
Na eBola cause am.

3 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by jackmrandy: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2023
ManWater:

Now, compare with a haircut that costs N600, where the Barber rents a shop, clipper etc and runs generator for 30mins to cut your hair.
But a vulcaniser will just take 3mins to put air into your tyre and charge N300.

I complained that it is too high but he said it is their union that fixed the price.

How. Much is new tire?
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by HenryWilliams(m): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
ManWater:

I complained that it is too high but he said it is their union that fixed the price

That's very correct.
Even had a running battle with one.
Wanted to patch my tyre for 1.5k

5 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Kingosytex(m): 1:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
ManWater:

You can as well quit your job and rent a space by the roadside and venture into vulcanizing.
Have you considered the fact that prices of things are skyrocketing?
How much is a litre of fuel?
You want the price of pumping to be static or reduced from N300, are the prices of things static?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by ManWater: 1:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
Kingosytex:

You can as well quit your job and rent a space by the roadside to venture into vulcanizing.
Have you considered the fact that prices of things are skyrocketing?
How much is a litre of fuel?
You want the price of pumping to be static or reduced from N300, are the prices of things static?
But a barber still uses fuel. Compare both and their charges.

3 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by ManWater: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
jackmrandy:

How. Much is new tire?
Is it price of new tyre that determines the charge for pumping a tyre?

4 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by ManWater: 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
HenryWilliams:

That's very correct.
Even had a running battle with one.
Wanted to patch my tyre for 1.5k

Correct. He said same, that patching is 1.5k. All fixed by union.
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Kingosytex(m): 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
ManWater:

But a barber still uses fuel. Compare both and their charges.

Can you also compare their working equipments and tools?
How much is a vulcanizing machine compared to a clipper?
A vulcanizing machine must always be powered by fuel but that's not necessarily the case for barbers as Power Holding are sometimes benevolent with power. You get the point now?

1 Like

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by ManWater: 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
Kingosytex:

Can you also compare their working equipments and tools?
How much is a vulcanizing machine compared to a clipper?
A vulcanizing machine must always be powered by fuel but that's not necessarily the case for barbers as Power Holding are sometimes benevolent with power. You get the point now?
In terms of their overhead costs, Barber is higher - rent and furnish shop, chairs, mirrors, generator, clipper,...
I think the major factor here is the greed of the Vulcanisers' Union.

7 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by jmoore(m): 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
Vulcanizer get union? Which state is that?

Anyway, I won't blame any vulcanizer for increasing their price.
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by AliEzeOlu: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
ManWater:

In terms of their overhead costs, Barber is higher - rent and furnish shop, chairs, mirrors, generator, clipper,...

You have forgotten that most barbers make more money than vulcanizers. Their turnover is higher than vulcanizers and they live better lives.

Hunger and the quest for survival in a very bad Economy as ours makes it understandable that vulcanizers increase their price o jare.
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by fineboynl(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2023
It’s 200 here. But some charges 150 if you are pumping more tyres.

I have pumps. Na just laziness nor de gree pump it myself.

Vulcanizers are degraded and poor man job. They are of the low of the low in the society for years. It’s only now the job is getting lucrative. So allow them breath.

2 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Kingdemu: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2023
N100 per tyre, N300 for 4 tyres in Bauchi.

2 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Neduzze5(m): 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2023
200 naira per tyre here
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by buygala(m): 7:46am On Aug 30, 2023
300 per tyre on the average in my area in Abuja, but those demons will almost always never admit the tyre is gauged just so they can get that 3 huns grin... Result is that they pump the tyre to 55 or even 70 psi and send you on your way... If e like make the tyre explode kill you and your family for express, na you sabi...

That's why I have my own tyre guage... I measure my car tyres myself, and only approach them to top it up if needed or fix leaks.. And after that their infernal "oga I don gauge am", I drive less than a mile down the road and re-check the tyres' PSI with my own gauge...

I can't allow those weyreys kill me.. Me wey be the "baby" of how many girls for dis Federal Capital grin . My plenty mothers all need me please, thank you very much.

3 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by aieromon(m): 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2023
jmoore:
Vulcanizer get union? Which state is that?

Anyway, I won't blame any vulcanizer for increasing their price.

All artisans have associations and unions to protect their trade.
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by aieromon(m): 1:36pm On Aug 30, 2023
ManWater:

They are simply obeying the laws of demand and supply.

Compare the number of times you visit a vulcaniser vs a salon in a month?

If you are a regular visitor to the vulcaniser, I suggest you invest in a portable tire compressor and quality tires.
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by wunmi590(m): 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2023

N200..

Chai, gone are those days that it was N20, alot has changed in this country...

Myndd44, abeg how much do they charge you for pumping your tyre?
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by ceasare: 7:03pm On Sep 01, 2023
All I see is greed on the part of their union #300 is way overboard I hv to tell d one close to me that I can't pay after topping four tires (told him to top one he said the other three needs top up and I knw he's lying) later drop 800 for him but there and then I knw it's time for me to buy own portable tyre pump.they will soon be out of business if care is not taken.they claim to patch tyre is now #1500 and that rubber bungy they use is not up to #500 for the pack(they can use it to patch UpTo 10tyres).....why are we like this in this country?

3 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Martinsmine(m): 7:34pm On Sep 01, 2023
I no gey car na bicycle
Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by id4sho(m): 8:37pm On Sep 01, 2023
ManWater:

150 petrol engine
100 diesel engine

Per tyre
Jos, Plateau State

1 Like

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by yesloaded: 7:56am On Sep 02, 2023
300naira here in Ibadan

If your tyre dey very ok, you fit not pump am for over 6months (talking from experience)

2 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Typing: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2023
Kingdemu:
N100 per tyre, N300 for 4 tyres in Bauchi.

100 in Kaduna

1 Like

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Fujiyama: 11:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
A poster up there spoke about how you are potentially risking your life with that 'vulcanizer' inflating your tyres - and he's right. What stops the vulcanizer from ballooning the pressure to 60psi each - just to make money? And how reliable is his gauge? undecided

And...not many people are aware that water is a byproduct of compression in the machines used by vulcanizers - and the water should be discharged at intervals. Of course, not all vulcanizers do this required maintenance...and so some unfortunate customer thinks he is getting only air in his tyres, but he's getting both air and water instead. The final result: the water gets into your tyre pressure sensor module and destroys it. I wouldn't have believed it if it didn't happen to me. angry

2 Likes

Re: How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? by Godsonkemz(m): 7:05am On Sep 04, 2023
My vulcanizer charges me based on I've been his customer for so long

100/150 to add air to the tyre

500 for foreign patch if there's leakage

However others charge 200 to add air and 700 for foreign patch. One greedy one requested for 1k for foreign patch

Note: The high cost was due to the increase in petrol because many of them use petrol engine.

(1) (Reply)

Acura MDX Mazda Tribute,nissan Pathfinder,ford Escape & CRV / How Much Do These Cars Go For(Sold) / SOLD SOLD TOKS 2009 TOYOTA COROLLA - N2.2m SOLD SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.