Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own (5594 Views)

How Much do Vulcanisers Charge to Pump Car Tyre in Your Area? / How To Fix A Flat Tyre On The Highway When There’s No Spare / See What Happened To Me After I Changed My Car Tyre For The First Time (graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by mokoshalb(m): 12:54am On Aug 23, 2017
There might be a time in your life where you will have to change the tyre of your car. Many people are unable to do this task because they were never taught how to. Here is a simplified tutorial on how to change the tyre safely and efficiently.

1. Before you do anything you need to make sure that you have all the necessary tools. This list includes a lug wrench or tyre iron, a jack, an inflated tyre and the manual as the manufacturers may have specific instructions.

2. Upon realising that you have a flat tyre you must drive extremely carefully. Don't suddenly brake or turn as it could damage your wheels. Slowly reduce the speed and park in a place where you are safe and off the road.

3. Once you have stopped in a safe location engage the handbrake to prevent the car from moving whilst you are changing the tyre. It's also important to engage the handbrake as you need the wheel to be still.

4. It would be wise to put bricks or wedges behind and in front of the tyres that don't need to be changed so that your car is safely static in one place.

5. Now you can remove the hubcap so that the lug nuts are exposed for removal. The hubcap can be removed with the tyre iron by using the flat part. There is a clip on it that shouldn't be too difficult to remove.

6. When placing the jack under the car, the best place to put it would be as close to the flat tyre as possible, along with the edge of the body of the car. Your car has to be fifteen (15) centimetres off the ground. You can now remove the lug nuts.

7. To remove the lug nuts, use the wrench with the correct fitment and turn counter-clockwise. When dealing with any screws, bottle caps, water taps keep the following rule in mind: "lefty-loosey, righty tighty". Turn left to loosen the screw and right to tighten the screw. At this point, you don't need to completely remove the lug nuts. You can remove the tyre by pulling it towards you gently until it disengages from the wheel axle.

8. The dirty part is now completed and it's time to put a new and air-filled tyre onto your car. Align the tyre with the wheel and the lug bolts so that they fit together properly. Place the nuts back on and tighten them as much as you can. Tighten them with the wrench once the car has been lowered back onto the ground. Finally, you can put the hubcap back on the same way you took it off.

Before any of this occurs, ensure that a wheel supplier is able to give you a wheel that is similar to what you have. So when you get a punctured tyre, you will have a spare tyre that looks the same as the others. It's important to have general knowledge of your car so that if you encounter a problem you can fix it or handle it yourself.

Learn more: https://forum.mokoshalb.com/threads/how-to-change-your-car-tyre-on-your-own.783/
mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:17am On Aug 23, 2017
If you are a woman stand near the car looking distressed.

3 Likes

Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by HumanistMike(m): 6:52am On Aug 23, 2017
Woke up with my dick so hard. Ladies if u wanna see, add my pin D87FF988
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by D34lw4p(m): 6:53am On Aug 23, 2017
cheesy
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by ebuka10box(m): 6:54am On Aug 23, 2017
see topic,lolz ..
very soon we go dry see'' how to wire your wife on your own or even by your own''
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by Femmysneh(m): 6:58am On Aug 23, 2017
Ahbeg no b everybody get ride
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by rusher14: 7:00am On Aug 23, 2017
Pictorial presentation would have made it better.

Thanks anyway.

4 Likes

Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by Abdulsalaam9(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2017
[color=#990000][/color Is a kind of usedul info, i tnk i like ds........OP hw far nw]
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by gentlechyke(m): 7:04am On Aug 23, 2017
Durability of your car depends on your maintenance culture. There is something new for your cars' optimum performance...

Check my profile and contact if you wish to be a wholesaler or retailer. Wide range of engine friendly products
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by kolajoo(m): 7:18am On Aug 23, 2017
Thanks OP but the tip is for learner lol
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by omoiyalayi(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2017
If you can drive a car or own one and you can't change Tyre on your own then you shouldn't be driving.

It's my birthday

Happy birthday to me

Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by Namdeenero(m): 7:46am On Aug 23, 2017
If you can't change your car tyre then why drive? Why f**king drive??!!
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by egopersonified(f): 8:16am On Aug 23, 2017
The day I tried it, I was humbled. Had a flat tyre and started hyping myself that what a man can do, a woman can do better. I did everything above, when I tried to remove the nuts, no single one budged. I got tired went inside to replenish my strength, came back to try again, no way. I just removed the Jack and drove to the nearest vulcanizer. The guy tried the nut once, it didn't move, he removed his shoe and used his leg, na so all the nuts dey fly open. I was embarrassed. Thank God no one saw me that day.
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by pautex: 8:20am On Aug 23, 2017
Nice one OP, but we already know this.
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by donqx: 8:48am On Aug 23, 2017
great
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by yanmiri(f): 8:49am On Aug 23, 2017
egopersonified:
The day I tried it, I was humbled. Had a flat tyre and started hyping myself that what a man can do, a woman can do better. I did everything above, when I tried to remove the nuts, no single one budged. I got tired went inside to replenish my strength, came back to try again, no way. I just removed the Jack and drove to the nearest vulcanizer. The guy tried the nut once, it didn't move, he removed his shoe and used his leg, na so all the nuts dey fly open. I was embarrassed. Thank God no one saw me that day.

Doesn't still change the fact that a woman can do better what a man does!
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by benueguy(m): 9:21am On Aug 23, 2017
yanmiri:

Doesn't still change the fact that a woman can do better what a man does!
Na so
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by Orgym(m): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2017
egopersonified:

U can do it my dear. Put more strength next tim e
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by Taylorsw1ft: 10:23am On Aug 23, 2017
Changing tyres can be really annoying. Even for a man!
Re: How To Change Your Car Tyre On Your Own by Nobody: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2017
Namdeenero:
If you can't change your car tyre then why drive? Why f**king drive??!!
i don't think so,the day i will experience it hmm i will just call someone to do it for me ni o,though my is still new ,January bought

(1) (Reply)

Fake Vehicle Papers, How To Know…. / It Feels Good To Be Back / Which Off Roader Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.