Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family (22010 Views)

5 Things You Will Miss When You ‘japa’ From Nigeria / Women Are Womens Worst Enemies. My Experience With Female Friendships / Are Opposite-sex Friendships Okay In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Chigozie321: 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2023
I'm sure everyone here has a friend or relative that has JAPA in the last two years.

My siblings have all migrated. I'm the only one remaining in Naija. I do not intend to leave the country for some personal reasons at least for now.

At times I feel lonely and unhappy seeing that most of my loved ones have dispersed all over the world. No more going to weddings, house warming, naming, etc. together cry

Where I work, my closest work pals have all migrated. Even most of my church co-workers and neighbours sef don commot.

As an individual/family, how has it affected you? And how are you rebuilding your local network?

How are you making new quality relationships in the workplace, home, place of worship, etc.?

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Rubyjade: 1:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
Chigozie321:
I'm sure everyone here has a friend or relative that has JAPA in the last two years.

My siblings have all migrated. I'm the only one remaining in Naija. I do not intend to leave the country for some personal reasons at least for now.

At times I feel lonely and unhappy seeing that most of my loved ones have dispersed all over the world. No more going to weddings, house warming, naming, etc. together cry

Where I work, my closest work pals have all migrated. Even most of my church co-workers and neighbours sef don commot.

As an individual/family, how has it affected you? And how are you rebuilding your local network?

How are you making new quality relationships in the workplace, home, place of worship, etc.?
What are you waiting for? Why haven't you left? Start making plans of leaving Nigeria ain't getting better any soon. I have my IP and some few documentation.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by FalseProphet1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2023
I have so many members in the abroad. And I'm very happy because they pay their tithes and offerings in dollars and Euros.

I see more of my members going to the abroad, I see myself becoming very rich.

This I have seen.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by mainman7(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
Yeah, he said it all here in this other Thread: that Japa and Yahoo https://www.nairaland.com/7818650/evangelist-ojo-ade-latest-song

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
No time
Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Iamfrank(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
U have a very healthy circle.. japaing is not for everybody, the truth is that anywhere u find peace and rest of mind is ur own abroad... Last last na money make everybody wan japa.. As long u r making money in naija just enjoy d little time we all have on earth...

167 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by ecolime(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rubyjade:
What are you waiting for? Why haven't you left? Start making plans of leaving Nigeria ain't getting better any soon. I have my IP and some few documentation.
No be everybody fit Japa na. Some have thriving businesses while some have health issues that can't allow them hustle abroad.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Anfieldboss: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I was keen on japa few months ago, but unfortunately my plans didn't pan out as I envisaged. Now I am not really keen on the whole japa thingy anymore.

25 Likes

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by vickydevoka(m): 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rubyjade:
Who go the collect message In Nigeria. He is wise. Las las en fit achieve pass

12 Likes

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by AImiron: 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
Laslas, every man must japa.
Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by maak400: 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
There's no hope for Nigeria to get better, the future is very bleak. Life is too short to live in a shithole country like Naija where you can be kidnapped and killed despite paying ransom in millions. If things eventually get better, trust me a lot of people will return home, but right now, leave if you have the money. There's nothing wrong with having citizenship of a developed nation.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by gentlesoul83(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Ok
Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by seanwilliam(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2023
Most of my day-one friends have left.
I feel somehow thinking about it sometime, cos most guys around me now are not REAL..
But nothing spoil, 20 children no fit play together for 20 years.

104 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Nickymichy(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hmmm... that's how life is structured...na we dey reason am like Japa...the truth is that human being either due to one reason or the order move from one place to another...u just have to start a new relationship either in your working place or in your neighborhood...life goes on

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Chigozie321: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rubyjade:
I'm better off financially here but my main reason is apart from my flexible salaried job, I have some side hustle that I can't effectively supervise if I am not in the country. They are physical businesses and I am still growing them.

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Skillsnigeria: 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Nicols(m): 1:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
The little hope I had for this country which made me return back after 2 attempts vanished on May 29th. Good luck to those who still believe in this entity. I know I can survive anywhere but my children sure deserves better and I wouldn't like them to go through what I passed through to be where I am today. I'll keep ya'll in my prayers.

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by samtinx(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
No matter how bad Nigeria is,RN I take the nation of turkey as an example that someday in my days Nigeria would be great again I no dey go anywhere

11 Likes

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by YeyeGbami: 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
One man mopol from day one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Whois(m): 1:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
Japa is for the sake of your children

7 Likes

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by ThiefnubuBandit: 1:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
Anyone who tells you not to leave Nigeria if you have the opportunity to do so doesn't mean well for you. Nigeria is irredeemable. Living in a place where merit has been thrown away and mediocrity, tribalism and nepotism are the order of the day is not a good place to guarantee progress and peace of mind.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Rubyjade: 1:39pm On Aug 27, 2023
vickydevoka:

Who go the collect message In Nigeria. He is wise. Las las en fit achieve pass
Which message? Sweetie! My colleague went 8 months ago, she's far better than me here. She said, "she can confidently save 500,000 naira after every other expenses".

Erona my course mate, that came out with a 3rd class, his building his second house.

Iya fati's husband that has been there for over 6 years has finished building his hotel business, a house and planning on bringing Iya fati to the state, their son left last year.

My HR just got her IP same with my operations manager.

The examples cited above, who don achieve pass, the siblings & family members are doing better that him here in Nigeria. I used to think Nigeria would be better but now I have had sense by force.

40 Likes

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by chynergy1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
i may be the only one who is not really interested in the Jappa
syndrome. out of 7 of us, only 1 was outside, now 2 don commot,
2 dey process their papers. i m not just interested or even
moved despite pressure from spouse.
dont get me wrong, i ve spent some years in Europe studying, so
abroad life no dey move me again.....

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Princewill1(m): 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
No country is a paradise.

Hardship is everywhere!

it's only dvmb people that doesn't know this.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Rubyjade: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
Anfieldboss:
I'm in a similar situation as the OP. I was keen on japa few months ago, but unfortunately my plans didn't pan out as I envisaged. Now I am not really keen on the whole japa thingy anymore.
Why?
Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
Anfieldboss:

Don't settle for less and have regrets later

1 Like

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by ochukoccna: 1:41pm On Aug 27, 2023
Most are japaing based on economic considerations yet there's more to life than what to eat, drink and rainment to put on
If your destiny is linked to Japa, please do and go fulfill it there
However, if it is Naija, hold ship
It sounds delusional to the mind yet when Naija captivity turns around in the days ahead, you'll cherish this nation & her pali more than gold and every precious resource
Naija as a land is blessed but her leadership as presently constituted are ravenous beasts.

20 Likes

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by fastseo: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
grin
Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Rubyjade: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
ecolime:

No be everybody fit Japa na. Some have thriving businesses while some have health issues that can't allow them hustle abroad.
Yes, business accepted but health issues should be the number 1 reason to even leave because our health sector is in a comatose. I saw a hospital in Scotland (hospital be like 5 star hotel). My Uncle was ill (while he was abroad), if you see the way we were praying and fasting, he called and said they have done the operation in less than 96hrs and he would be discharged in 48hrs.

Same case in Nigeria, he probably would have been dead and even if you try the useless HMO we have in this country, the case would have been worse off. Shebi na Teaching Hospital Lift kill Doctor and yet nobody has been brought to book.

A governor wearing over 160m naira watch yet millions can barely feed.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by Jefferyhi86(m): 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
Who friends epp, mk dem gettat. Wen dem done made u will see their tru color

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Impact On Friendships & Family by BrickDevo: 1:45pm On Aug 27, 2023
With time you will make new friends, if say e easy, 90% of our youths would have fled the country.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Has Any Of You Dated Or Married To A Woman Who Is A Twin? / Should I End My Marriage / "Giving Your Toddler A Smartphone Is Like Giving Them Hard Drugs" - Says Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.