Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,067 members, 7,859,860 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 08:17 PM

Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga (270 Views)

Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister / Town Hall Meeting: Why I Haven’t Spoken On Ganduje —buhari / NYSC Saga: Shittu ‘exposes’ Ajimobi, Says He Also Skipped The Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by Bobloco: 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
Minister of Art, Culture and Creative Economy, Hannatu Musawa, says she is yet to react to the reports circulating in the media that she is a serving member of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

Although the issue of her NYSC status has been in the news for years, it regained prominence after the Human Rights Writers Association of Nigeria (HURIWA) raised the alarm that she is a serving corps member.

Eddy Megwa, Director of Public Relations of the scheme, had said Musawa was occupying the ministerial position in breach of the NYSC Act.

Speaking with Daily Trust, Megwa explained that it was against the NYSC Act for any corps member to pick up any government appointment until the one-year service was over.

He said Mrs Musawa was originally mobilised in 2001 for the youth service to Ebonyi State where she had her orientation programme but later relocated to Kaduna State to continue the programme.

Megwa said it was when she got to Kaduna that she absconded and didn’t complete the programme, adding that it was the scheme would look into the issue and take action where necessary.

But in a widely circulated statement on Sunday, Musawa was quoted as saying she broke no law.

However, moments after the statement went viral, Suleiman Haruna, Deputy Director, Press, Ministry of Information and National Orientation, issued a counter press release.

“The attention of Barrister Hannatu Musa Musawa, Hon. Minister of Art, Culture and Creative Economy, has been drawn to a recently circulating piece titled:

MY PERSONAL STATEMENT ON MY NYSC STATUS AS A SERVING MINISTER. The piece is inaccurately associated with her in relation to the current NYSC discussion.

“The Hon. Minister clarifies that she has not released any official statement regarding the aforementioned matter and kindly asks the public to be cautious of unverified information.

“I deeply value and appreciate the support, solidarity, and understanding of Nigerians in these times. For clarity, I wish to state that I have not issued any statement on the current issue.”

https://dailytrust.com/musawa-i-havent-spoken-on-nysc-saga/
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by taylor88(m): 11:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
embarassed
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by Ofunaofu: 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
You haven't spoken on the NYSC saga, then who did

2 Likes

Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by meum: 12:20am On Aug 28, 2023
Oya talk make we hear you. Madam, tou go explain tire. No evidence😁
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by MrsTwrite(f): 12:42am On Aug 28, 2023
Talk nau.
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by yarimo(m): 12:48am On Aug 28, 2023
Ofunaofu:
You haven't spoken on the NYSC saga, then who did
Illiterate Obidients did what they knows how to do best, fake news and defamations.
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by ONEjoblessGUY: 2:38am On Aug 28, 2023
Oga speak..........

what's there not to speak about??

R u presently a serving corp member??YES OR NO..........

If nah money no reach u now..........u for don address the press.............
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by Brendaniel: 6:35am On Aug 28, 2023
Tinubu and legitimizing illegality.....
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by Racoon(m): 6:41am On Aug 28, 2023
Impunity, lawlessness and unconstitutionality all begat themselves. Whatever goes around does not only comes around but also stays around. Make una continue.
Re: Musawa: I Haven’t Spoken On NYSC Saga by Racoon(m): 6:41am On Aug 28, 2023
yarimo:
Illiterate Obidients did what they knows how to do best, fake news and defamations.
Your zombies is really legendary.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Tinubu Welcomes Tribunal Verdict And Calls For Collective Efforts / Zoning Is Unconstitutional In Edo State - Philip Shaibu (part 7) / The Problem Is Not Soludo But Obi’s Serial Lies, By Dr Nick Obidiukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.