Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,737 members, 7,813,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

I Save Lives. But I'm Not A Medical Doctor. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Save Lives. But I'm Not A Medical Doctor. (166 Views)

My Boss Just Did Me A Massive Favour, But I'm Still Worried. / How Much Money Should I Save Before Quitting My Job? / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Save Lives. But I'm Not A Medical Doctor. by AntichristXXX: 7:33am On Aug 28, 2023
It was a cloudy Tuesday evening with the weather confused on whether to make it rain or to stay calm.

I have just arrived home from school for the short vacation after some brain panelbeating exams.

I was chilling on the parlor sofa in my not-so-expensive shorts with one eye watching Kogberegbe on the TV and the other eye scrolling through Twitter on my phone.

It wasn’t long after my neighbor's children flocked into our house unannounced looking for what God knows.

At first sight, you will have mistaken them for a twin as most people have. But there is a whole 14-month gap between them.

Sighting me on the sofa, they danced their feet toward me. They throw lots of questions at me like fans who have just seen their favorite celebrities.

“When did you come back?” “What did you bring for us?” “When are going back?”

But there was one question that took tall among others among

Without putting my phone down, I answered all their questions with the remaining knowledge my school exams had left in my head.

Then I answered that one question. And there was silence everywhere.

Why?

I have given an answer they have never heard before.

What was this question?

“Uncle Ope, what course are you studying?”

My answer?

“MLS”

Without saying a word. They had the “What is MLS” look on their faces.

They had always thought I was studying Medicine. Because why not?

I had a white laboratory gown, a box full of syringes, and then I had a book titled “Where there is no doctor”.

It was right there I finally put my phone down. Went into full lecturer mode and delivered a free lecture on what MLS is all about.

To be continued.
Re: I Save Lives. But I'm Not A Medical Doctor. by Bayonle73: 7:45am On Aug 28, 2023
Re: I Save Lives. But I'm Not A Medical Doctor. by ghettochild(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Come and finish this tori o

1 Like

Re: I Save Lives. But I'm Not A Medical Doctor. by Greatzeus(m): 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
I defend the defendless but I'm not a lawyer

(1) (Reply)

If You Are In Tech And Don’t Have Any Of This, You’re Gone! / Join Me And Millions Of People Who Bank With Moniepoint Today. / Ooni Visits Crime Suspect, Former CBN Governor, Emefiele Accused Of Stealing Bil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.