Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,815 members, 7,827,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement (27471 Views)

4 Countries Dangote Fertilizer Plant Has Been Exported To. Number 2 Will Wow You / Dangote Cement Obajana Hit By Fire Disaster / Africa’s Richest Man To Revive Dangote Cement London IPO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Ballmer: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2023
I am yet to mention this pathetic foolish tribe n your conscience is killing you already πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I will leave your conscience to killing all existing bitterness sorrow n hate in you even if it means finishing you off from the face of the Earth I can bet your conscience is more than capable to do the job because hate n jealous kills and I do not see you escaping from it.

TheGift:

I am sure in your mind there are only three tribes in Nigeria. Such ignorance.
TheGift:

What a super foolish response.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Angrymode: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2023
So he waited patiently for Tinubu to useless the naira first before coming out to say this nonsense. I pity this country called Nigeria being raped by these men none stop.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by FuckTheMod: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2023
nairalanda1:

And the machines for digging and grinding are not made in Nigeria.

Plus it is more than digging and grinding

Finally, Dangote has to pay salaries...competitive salaries, because some of his workers too may want to jakpa.
And he buys the machine every day and time?

1 Like

Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Ballmer: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2023
Wait a minute pls how much is Ibeto cement prices ?!

Angrymode:
So he waited patiently for Tinubu to useless the naira first before coming out to say this nonsense. I pity this country called Nigeria being raped by these men none stop.
FuckTheMod:

And he buys the machine every day and time?
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by OlujobaSamuel: 8:21am On Aug 29, 2023
casualobserver:

You are clearly daft. If I have zero and I borrow 1m to buy a car, am I worth 1m or zero?

If I have 13m and I borrow 10m and use some of my money to build a house for 19m, how much am I worth? If your answer is not 13m you have wasted your time in school. Unless that house appreciates or I pay off my loan I am still only worth 13m because the rest of the value of the 19m house is debt.
You get time. Me na just read n pass

1 Like

Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by starpower(m): 8:22am On Aug 29, 2023
mrvitalis:
This people know there is Internet in Nigeria at all?

The global average for a ton of cement in the world is $68 ... 1 ton =20 bags that means a bag should be $3.4 dollars

3.4*900 so cement should be #3060 in Nigeria

So what exactly is this greedy company saying

They think Nigerians are fools?
That just export price not other variable cost like sea freight, land freight, insurance, bank charges, port charges and VAT and Distribution channels mark up, union extortions and elevated Depreciation of equipments because of terrible infrastructures. See Dangote is not the enemy it corrupt employees, civil servants at all levels, appointees and politicians at all levels. Am a small businessman this country breeds inefficiency. Lastly capital has cost depending on risk. So Nigeria is risky abi why people dey japa. We are expecting angels in hell. Lol
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by ObiaboAdoka(m): 8:22am On Aug 29, 2023
Rich man robbing the masses.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by mrvitalis(m): 8:23am On Aug 29, 2023
starpower:

That export price and sea freight, land freight, insurance, bank charges, port charges and VAT and Distribution channels mark up, union extortions and elevated Depreciation of equipments because of terrible infrastructures. See Dangote is not the enemy it corrupt employees, civil servants at all levels, appointees and politicians at all levels. Am a small businessman this country breeds inefficiency. Lastly capital has cost depending on risk. So Nigeria is risky abi why people dey japa. We are expecting angels in hell. Lol
Dangote produce in Nigeria... Raw materials here cheaper labour cheaper power supply so what's his excuse?
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by remzytimer: 8:24am On Aug 29, 2023
Thank God for Dangote, a solution provider and a saver of life. You people are the evil, some of this marketers are more evil, they are the one who initiate the increase in price and they eat more than the manufacturer by appropriating unreasonable profit to themselves.

1 Like

Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by kennethesan(m): 8:25am On Aug 29, 2023
Everyone inflicting undue pain on Nigerians will have God to contend with soonest
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Hananfine: 8:25am On Aug 29, 2023
Ballmer:
No Yoruba even mad ones will make this statement. I know the foolish tribe you are from but I will keep mute on it for obvious reasons

You know them.
Their land is full of Christianity but no evil is not happening there.
Eating human flesh
Scammers
Drug landlord
Selling fake products
Baby factory
Prostitute
Many bastard children.
Killing
Yet they will be the first to insult and condemn others
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Femmyfamous4u(m): 8:27am On Aug 29, 2023
Don't worry. Let's import,
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by starpower(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Dangote produce in Nigeria... Raw materials here cheaper labour cheaper power supply so what's his excuse?
Nothing is cheap in Nigeria. Our work culture breeds inefficiency all round. Raw materials sef your court battles no dey finish from indigenous, local,state and federal government. Multiple taxation. You pay double to keep very qualified employees not all this Nigerian pompous graduates o. They over value their half-baked education.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by COMPAQ(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

The global average for a ton of cement in the world is $68 ... 1 ton =20 bags that means a bag should be $3.4 dollars

A bit shallow to argue on the basis of an average. As every statistician knows, that average can easily be Skewed by outliers.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by starpower(m): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

. Dangote has to build power plants, retrain staffs, provide good roads, provide security. Our society is inefficiency. Even oyinbo don tire.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Whalis: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2023
infohenry:
Hmmm, so the formerly useless CFA is now more than naira. This APC of a party finished Nigeria completely.
This is a rude surprise!
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Manfromlasvegas(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2023
Wetin I pick for this news be say cfa don get value pass naira. No be small thing. Cfa way be dey like 150times worse Dan the naira back in the days na him don get value pass naira. Na this same exact thing happen with Ghana cedis. In this life no let anybody yab you cos of your today o. Life dey turn around. Uwa na me tughari nwanne
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by KingLennon(m): 8:36am On Aug 29, 2023
nineville:

So sad & appalling that Benin Republic has a buoyant economy compared to home nation if you consider the very fast pace that the currency loses value. Not long ago we were talking of 1Naira to 3x west africa CFA
Apparently, that's the real-time summary of the whole story.
We are in a mess
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by KingLennon(m): 8:37am On Aug 29, 2023
ocdeut:

The exchange rate is what caught my attention. Unbelievable. In 2013, I went to Benin with #5000 naira and change it to CFA to buy goods there. Bro I was with almost 22k CFA.
This is just too ridiculous
It is finished bro...
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Unperturbedpota: 8:39am On Aug 29, 2023
Ballmer:
If you are a Yoruba or Northerners n you don't see anything wrong in what Igbos are doing maligning Dangote both his refinery n cement then you are more foolish than the average fool. Before crucifying Dangote as if Ibeto an Igbo cement producer sell his cement cheaper than Dangote and why are igbos not maligning n denigrating his business online or is the Monopoly Dangote enjoying different from that if Ibeto ?

The monopoly should be given to Ibeto or Innoson before your foolish soul can rest so you can brag about being super foolish ba

Ipob n Obidaftis are already doing the scrutiny but I hope Ibeto cement is way cheaper though because if Ibeto is not selling for the average listed prices globally n you only drag Dangote you have shown nothing but the irredeemable hate n ethnic prejudice you were nurtured with as Igbos.

I will suggest all cement manufacturer not selling at average global price be dragged or simply admit the cost of doing business in Nigeria is higher n none should be dragged especially not by people from a particular region of the country that think they know how to stiffen others out of business with badmouthing their businesses out of hate n jealousy like you lot are presently doing.

I am so glad I am not the only one that noticed this cos I tot I was just the only one
Yoruba no complain about Dangote building a refinery instead they see it as a blessing but na Igbo de help Yoruba complain about what they accepted with great joy as a blessing. This life fear haters n cursed souls no matter what tribe they are from.

This one is just an iliterate tout.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by KingLennon(m): 8:39am On Aug 29, 2023
LONEWOLFJOHN:
very unfortunate, who is still calling Nigeria giant of Africa?
The giant in them is gone
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by sallazlee(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2023
Yinmu sooro
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by sallazlee(m): 8:41am On Aug 29, 2023
Yinmu sioor
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by mrvitalis(m): 8:42am On Aug 29, 2023
starpower:
. Dangote has to build power plants, retrain staffs, provide good roads, provide security. Our society is inefficiency. Even oyinbo don tire.
Provide what good road? You think government give cement factories power abroad ? The highest percentage of cost of production is labour cost and dangote pays far less
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by TheGift: 8:45am On Aug 29, 2023
Ballmer:
I am yet to mention this pathetic foolish tribe n your conscience is killing you already πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I will leave your conscience to killing all existing bitterness sorrow n hate in you even if it means finishing you off from the face of the Earth I can bet your conscience is more than capable to do the job because hate n jealous kills and I do not see you escaping from it.

Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge. Stop being foolish.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by patorial(m): 8:48am On Aug 29, 2023
taylor88:
Dangote is more evil than Buhari and Tinubu combined

This man’s greed of monopoly is out of this world

Dangote is the real problem of Nigeria

Hushpuppi no launder money pass Dangote

He’s worth $13billion but only his refinery is $19billion

Don’t come here to tell me about loan

80% of that refinery money doesn’t belong to dangote

Na all these evil politicians get am

Don't Polish your ignorance in public,bro.

Do you even know what PLC means?
Do you even know what Group mean?
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by Cmanforall: 8:49am On Aug 29, 2023
zangaozanga:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/08/dangote-cement-clarifies-misinformation-about-price-of-product/

Maybe the FG should allow importation of cement

Of course, if importation is more expensive, no business man will go into the business
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by patorial(m): 8:53am On Aug 29, 2023
KingLennon:
He has forgotten that few years ago, a bag of cement was 900 naira sad

But no be that one concern me sha, who saw the exchange rate between Naira and CFA? sad. Have you seen how far we have fallen?

One thing you people don't know is this exchange rate.

There exchange rate is higher than our, but how many foreign currencies come in Benin republic than Nigeria?
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by wirinet(m): 8:55am On Aug 29, 2023
Dogalmighty17:
Is Benin the only other country in West Africa? Dangote is been clever by half here. The other day, major construction companies met David Umahi and complained bitterly about how expensive local cement is compared to imported cement. That even with the dollar rise, imported cement is still cheaper.

I'm not aware if Dangote pays any of the communities he operates in for extracting the limestone deposits. He is still in contention with communities in Obajana for not properly paying the fully agreed sum to the state for accessing its mineral resources.

Dangote has never operated in a level playing field. And yet even with that, we are being price gauged.

If Dngote Cement was to prove that its cement are the cheapest in the world, they should encourage government to lift ban on imported cement and see what prices independent importers will be willing to sell.

Imagine comparing the price of wholesale cement from their factory in Nigeria to the retail price on the streets of cotonou, and using dubious exchange rates at that. These people think we are fools.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by patorial(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2023
mrvitalis:

Mind you, you said average.

Average is not higher and not lower.

1 Like

Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by wirinet(m): 8:56am On Aug 29, 2023
Cmanforall:

Maybe the FG should allow importation of cement

Of course, if importation is more expensive, no business man will go into the business
That's what I am saying. FG should lift ban on importation of cement, then we will know which one is more expensive.
Re: Our Prices In Nigeria Are Lower Than Neighboring Countries - Dangote Cement by slowice(m): 9:02am On Aug 29, 2023
They only pretend to love Nigeria... Shat they love is the ease with which they milk Nigerians with no law to protect them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Sells In Nigeria These Days? / Google CEO, Sundar Pichai Visits Nigeria (photos) / Naira Crashes To N285/$1 At Interbank Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.