Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,120 members, 7,814,935 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 (2066 Views)

Toyota Camry Pencil (1997) Consumes Fuel A Lot / Toyota Avanza Or Peugeot 307 / How Good Is Peugeot 206? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by deewhydoski(m): 3:22am On Aug 30, 2023
Good morning guys, I want you guys to advice me on the one to go for. I am a novice when it comes to car. This is the first time of buying a car and I don't know which one to go for, you can advice me based on the durability of the car, fuel consumption and any other things you feel I should know base on those two cars above. Thank you
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Timagex(m): 4:49pm On Aug 30, 2023
1. Congratulations on being able to afford a car at this time.

2. If it's by outright fuel consumption, the Peugeot 206 is ahead of the pencil Camry.
But, the camry wins in all other areas.

3. The Camry is more reliable. (I'm assuming you will even get a manual 206)
4. The Camry is more rugged and spacious. It's a tried and tested car here.
5. The Camry has better resale value. You use for 200 years, put a keg on it and people are making negotiations immediately.

But, if you are going with the Camry, you and your car are not safe. I want to assume you will be purchasing a big gun or a potent juju alongside the camry. That car is one of the hottest cars on thieves list here. Buy it, but, be very very very careful.

Let me know if you have other questions...

Congratulations once again....

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by deewhydoski(m): 4:56pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timagex:

2. If it's by outright fuel consumption, the Peugeot 206 is ahead of the pencil Camry.

5. The Camry has better resale value. You use for 200 years, put a keg on it and people are making negotiations immediately.

But, if you are going with the Camry, you and your car are not safe. I want to assume you will be purchasing a big gun or a potent juju alongside the camry. That car is one of the hottest cars on thieves list here. Buy it, but, be very very very careful.

Thanks for the information
How much do you think both of them worth? Nigeria used o
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Timagex(m): 5:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
deewhydoski:

Thanks for the information
How much do you think both of them worth? Nigeria used o

I cannot give accurate prices based on the inconsistency of the economy. I suggest you check Jiji...

Take a TRUSTED mechanic along for inspection o and make sure the indomie is intact..

Congratulations once again..

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by deewhydoski(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timagex:

I cannot give accurate prices based on the inconsistency of the economy. I suggest you check Jiji...

Take a TRUSTED mechanic along for inspection o and make sure the indomie is intact..

Which one is indomie again o
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by deewhydoski(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timagex:

Which one is indomie again?
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Timagex(m): 9:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
deewhydoski:

Which one is indomie again?

It's called the catalytic converter or catalyst. It is a part of the exhaust system of a car. The street name is indomie. Most car dealers and mechanics remove it to resell. It is quite lucrative.
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by emmancecute(m): 9:56pm On Aug 30, 2023
Buy a factory LHD manual peugeot 206/307. Cheaper maintainable, better fuel economy, very reliable.

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Oxef123(m): 10:18pm On Aug 30, 2023
The Peugeot has better fuel economy than the Camry and is more safer
The Camry has more space
Anyone you settle for I can help you get one
Drop your location if you’re interested
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by deewhydoski(m): 10:28pm On Aug 30, 2023
Timagex:

It's called the catalytic converter or catalyst. It is a part of the exhaust system of a car. The street name is indomie. Most car dealers and mechanics remove it to resell. It is quite lucrative.
Oh
Okay
Thank you so much
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Vicloteck(m): 11:01pm On Aug 30, 2023
I drive a Peugeot 206 , fuel consumption is low and maintenance is not expensive. Security level of the car is good , without the key , no one can start the car because of the sensor incorporated with the key. Thieves hate the car 😂 .

3 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by buygala(m): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2023
As a car novice, get the Camry and run very far away from Peugeot's electrical wahala...

Peugeot over-engineers their vehicle leading to frustrating electrical problems as they get older.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Noble3264: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
deewhydoski:
Good morning guys, I want you guys to advice me on the one to go for. I am a novice when it comes to car. This is the first time of buying a car and I don't know which one to go for, you can advice me based on the durability of the car, fuel consumption and any other things you feel I should know base on those two cars above. Thank you

Add up a little amount and get a 307 manual you'll never regret it
Fuel economy
More spacious
It's a work horse
Resell value is fair

If you're within Abuja or Jos I have one for sale I'd give you warranty within a specified period.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by deewhydoski(m): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2023
Noble3264:

Add up a little amount and get a 307 manual you'll never regret it
Fuel economy
More spacious
It's a work horse
Resell value is fair

If you're within Abuja or Jos I have one for sale I'd give you warranty within a specified period.
How much does the 307 worth?
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Noble3264: 1:29am On Sep 03, 2023
deewhydoski:

1.3(slightly negotiable)
Everything works
A.c inclusive
Big engine
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by raslim20(m): 8:31am On Sep 15, 2023
Noble3264:

1.3(slightly negotiable)
Everything works
A.c inclusive
Big engine
Text me on WhatsApp 09067795039
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by dynamicd28(m): 1:47pm On Sep 15, 2023
Go for the 206. I got mine brand new in 2008, it is still strong, paint is still brilliant :

* Most of the maintenance issues I experienced were due to my carelessness.

* Myself and a friend drove on a flooded road, he was driving a Landrover, I was in my 206. The water did not cause any problems on the 206, but the Landrover was damaged.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 16, 2023
Timagex:

That was before ⛽️ hit 610 per liter. Put a keg on a Peugeot 206 and a keg on any camry, the Peugeot 206 goes first. The only place the camry wins is "space" and speed which of course is determined by engine displacement/capacity and not "all other areas". It is high time we start taking car care serious and stop the archaic demonization of some car brands.

I bought my Peugeot 206 seven years ago and it is still as reliable as a horse. Bought with 131,540km on the ODO and currently on 218,010km as at last night. No faults, only oil change, brake pads, lsway bars and of course tie-rods and ball joints due to the sorry nature of our roads. I'm not done flogging this little demon I hope to attain 400 000km on the ODO because it gets what it needs.

2 Likes

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 16, 2023
deewhydoski:

Stick to your initial optional choices. The 206 or the 1998/99 Camry (tiny light as it is popularly called). The 306 is the Mechanic's best friend.
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by deewhydoski(m): 11:48am On Sep 16, 2023
Chokehold:

Stick to your initial optional choices. The 206 or the 1998/99 Camry (tiny light as it is popularly called). The 306 is the Mechanic's best friend.
Thank you so much
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Timagex(m): 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2023
Chokehold:

That was before ⛽️ hit 610 per liter. Put a keg on a Peugeot 206 and a keg on any camry, the Peugeot 206 goes first. The only place the camry wins is "space" and speed which of course is determined by engine displacement/capacity and not "all other areas". It is high time we start taking car care serious and stop the archaic demonization of some car brands.

I bought my Peugeot 206 seven years ago and it is still as reliable as a horse. Bought with 131,540km on the ODO and currently on 218,010km as at last night. No faults, only oil change, brake pads, lsway bars and of course tie-rods and ball joints due to the sorry nature of our roads. I'm not done flogging this little demon I hope to attain 400 000km on the ODO because it gets what it needs.

You are absolutely right sir.

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by amnesty7: 10:15pm On Sep 30, 2023
Chokehold:

Please if you don't mind, I want to ask some questions privately on the 206. May I send an email?
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by Nobody: 1:05am On Oct 01, 2023
[quote author=amnesty7 post=126116291]
Please if you don't mind, I want to ask some questions privately on the 206. May I send an email?[/quotyou? Sure you can.
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by amnesty7: 6:41am On Oct 01, 2023
[quote author=Chokehold post=126118094][/quote]
Thank you. Done.
Re: Toyota Camry Pencil Lite Or Peugeot 206 by 3ice9ce: 5:20pm On Jan 06
deewhydoski:

This one who is using old age to drive pencil light is the one saying his salary is more than my income.
This December, I just bought a Benz SUV for one of my family members who supported me when I was nothing. No one in your entire lineage has ever done that.
The pool car in my business is better than what you used to marry your wife.

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! My Honda CRV 2003 Difficulty In Starting / Spare Parts Prices / P0305: Sudden jerk when accelerating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.