Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,658 members, 7,827,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court (905 Views)

Governor Caleb Mutfwang Of Plateau State Wins At Tribunal / Breaking News: Labour Party Scores First Legal Victory Against APC, Tinubu / There Is Nothing In Labour Party’ – Guber Aspirant Joins PDP In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court by 00FFT00(m): 11:24am On Aug 31, 2023
Delta State Labour Party Gubernatorial Candidate, Ken Pela wins his appeal at the Federal Court Of Appeal in Abuja.

He lost his case in the Delta State Governorship Election Tribunal on technicalities. On appeal, the JUDGES at the Appeal Court Abuja disagreed with the judgment of the Delta State Governorship Election Tribunal and overturned the judgment.

More details later...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court by Novarisammy2: 11:27am On Aug 31, 2023
I read otherwise

someone posted that the appeal court only ordered that the case be retried in the tribunal. I don't know which one to believe
Re: Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court by slivertongue: 11:29am On Aug 31, 2023
Novarisammy2:
I read otherwise

someone posted that the appeal court only ordered that the case be retried in the tribunal. I don't know which one to believe

Tribunal is time bound
Re: Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court by Jimatex(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2023
Novarisammy2:
I read otherwise

Maybe tribunal previously sack the current governor
Re: Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court by Novarisammy2: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2023
slivertongue:

Tribunal is time bound
so what was the judgement of the appeal court? someone made mention of interlocutory injunction

can you throw light on this
Re: Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court by Novarisammy2: 11:36am On Aug 31, 2023
Jimatex:

Maybe tribunal previously sack the current governor

do you have first hand information on the appeal court judgement?
Re: Breaking News: Labour Party Guber Candidate In Delta State Wins At Appeals Court by Racoon(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2023
Progress!

(1) (Reply)

Elnora Daniel To Sue TIEFNUBU For Forging Her Signature. / Rise Of Armed Biafra Separatists, Is Nigeria Losing Out? / “nnamdi Kanu Will Be Released” — Deputy Speaker House Of Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.