Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,800 members, 7,844,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff (20343 Views)

9 Radio Bayelsa Staff Suspended In Wake Of Attack On Station / Mutale Winfridah: Zambian Female Banker Suspended For Sleeping With 200 Men / Ugandan Court Clerk Suspended For Dressing Too "Sexy" (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by layo50(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
The business that has been thriving before her bossy self joined on NYSC placement... Better she suspend her than watch her company return to ground zero.

You don't mix business with feelings
Business is Business and Family remains Family
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by paxonel(m): 1:21pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
My friend said they are mismanaging the company and cheating her mom.
So she was monitoring them but they won't agree to take instructions from her which resulted in those fights
she is not in the position to give any institution.

All she would have done is to draw her mums attention to their mismanagement with evidences. Then let her mum handle the matter.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by coputa(m): 1:23pm On Aug 31, 2023
silvoclaira:
Lies. Its you!
Its your mum and you. Your mum is a smarter one. She just saved her company from your poison.
(we go chase you OP from Nairaland)

HURRAY! Let join the company staffs to celebrate the rubbing of sh!t on the OP(iyaegbe) faace. Thats why you are always here in Nairaland, jobless typing BS
(OP, your mum likes you, but she has to save the company from you troubles)
You got it on point.No other word to add

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by israelmao(m): 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2023
The owner of a child knows her daughter too well,she gave birth to her and raised her from cradle to where she is now and can say with precision what her daughter is capable of.Some people feel bossy and boastful when they are in charge in an office most especially when it happens to be family company they think, it's ours and no one could call them to order.Her mother did the right thing because there's great difference between being a her mother and the CEO of family company.At home she acts like her mother but in the office she acts as her daughter's CEO,this shows the premium or value she places on her staff.Everyone deserves respect if she had treated her mum's staff with respect they would've accorded with the same because respect is reciprocal.I can say her mum's action clearly shows she's preparing her daughter for the realities in the job market.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by ahnie: 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2023
Beremx:
grin I can bet with my left breast that you're the one involved and not your friend. You don carry your wahala for nairaland go display for your mama company. Stick to nairaland and leave mama company alone
Good for you grin grin
e

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Trys: 1:24pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
My friend said they are mismanaging the company and cheating her mom.
So she was monitoring them but they won't agree to take instructions from her which resulted in those fights
Fact that she is an intern means she is at the lowest stage of the organization. Interns don't contribute they observe and learn.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
Karleb:

Yes. It's business, the earlier you learn that, the better for you.
What happens to scolding her at home
You all are so insensitive
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Westerhoffe(m): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
Nairalanders please is it fair for a mother to suspend her own daughter for fighting her staff?

My friend's mother owns a large company with lots of staff, so she recently completed her nysc program and waiting to be called up for a job so she had to put up at her mum's company as an intern and she was doing her job well to see things done.

Most of the staff do not like to take instructions from her and this has resulted to altercations with most of them, they keep reporting to her mum till a meeting was finally called.

The staff seems to have connived against her and without even bothering to hear her side of the story her mum said she knows what she can do and she won't allow her to cause problems in her company, so she immediately suspended her and ask her to leave and go home.

The staff were happy with this judgement and some made some snide remarks while she was leaving.

This thing has really troubled her recently and she's thinking maybe her mom doesn't like her as she stated that if it were her brother she won't give such judgement.

Was she wrong in trying to put things in order which resulted to most of those fights with the staff?

Was the mum right to have passed such kind of judgement before her staff ?

My friend's mom told her to go resume next week on the condition that she'll behave well but my friend told her mum she's not stepping foot in her company again.

Nairalanders please without being biased who is at fault here?

Mmm…
Let me tell you something even if it was you.

Parents are bound to make tough decisions and take difficult steps at times for the good of their children.

That mum is wise and only trying to protect her daughter.
That mum noticed no one was on her daughter's side! Which is a very dangerous situation for the safety and well-being of your friend in that environment.

She would have made a huge mistake if she had taken the side of her daughter, putting her in harm's way when all the staffs are already against her.

So when she gets back home, let her be the first to go and meet her mum and hug her tight, with, "Thanks mum for being there for me." and it will shock you she might reply with, "I won't let them kill my daughter for me."

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by CondemnBattery(f): 1:25pm On Aug 31, 2023
What is even wrong with you?

How can staffs take instructions from an intern?

You better humble yourself before the new place you just got will fire you too. he's kids everywhere
IconicR:
She already has a good job, just waiting for resumption
She's doing intern there but those staff will never take instructions from her which is the major cause of the fights
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by lexy2014: 1:26pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
Nairalanders please is it fair for a mother to suspend her own daughter for fighting her staff?

My friend's mother owns a large company with lots of staff, so she recently completed her nysc program and waiting to be called up for a job so she had to put up at her mum's company as an intern and she was doing her job well to see things done.

Most of the staff do not like to take instructions from her and this has resulted to altercations with most of them, they keep reporting to her mum till a meeting was finally called.

The staff seems to have connived against her and without even bothering to hear her side of the story her mum said she knows what she can do and she won't allow her to cause problems in her company, so she immediately suspended her and ask her to leave and go home.

The staff were happy with this judgement and some made some snide remarks while she was leaving.

This thing has really troubled her recently and she's thinking maybe her mom doesn't like her as she stated that if it were her brother she won't give such judgement.

Was she wrong in trying to put things in order which resulted to most of those fights with the staff?

My friend's mom told her to go resume next week on the condition that she'll behave well but my friend told her mum she's not stepping foot in her company again.

Where you there when all these things happened?

Are u a first hand witness?
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by geosegun(m): 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
She's doing intern there but those staff will never take instructions from her which is the major cause of the fights

Your friend has no right to dish out instruction. She is an intern. She should be there learning how to run a business from the experienced colleagues and not dish out instruction because it is her mum's company.

Your friend is absolutely wrong, and should not only apologise to staff but to her mum for dissapointing her. Her mum is not a happy mum as we speak.

If I were to be youtr friends mum, she will not step on that premises again and may even lose all the privileges as a daughter in that company if she did not strictly comply to the assigned role. Your friend should be humbled enough to learn how to walk before attempting to fly. Her attitude can ruin her mum's legacy within 6 months.

Your friend should go and knee to her mum in sincere soberness and apologise.

NB: Reading in-between the line. I think you are your friend. Do this advise above and you will do well in life.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by lexy2014: 1:27pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:

Where u there when they were not taking instructions from her?

By the way, what of obis certificate?
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2023
ahnie:

Na my friend o.i can bet my middle breast that iconicR is a beautiful soul.

Darling don't mind them....dem go explain tire
I dislike that people don't consider the emotional impact a certain decision has on a child
I don't support her kind of judgement before those staff, you need to see their happy faces with snide remarks
I think my friend's mom is harsh
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by MOTIONTECH(m): 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
You carry one sided story run come nairaland and you expect a fair and just reply?
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
Westerhoffe:

Mmm…
Let me tell you something even if it was you.

Parents are bound to make tough decisions and take difficult steps at times for the good of their children.

Your mum noticed no one was on your side! Which is a very dangerous situation for your safety and well-being in that environment.

So when she gets back home, be the first to go and meet her and hug her tight, with, "Thanks mum for being there for me." and it will shock you she might reply with, "I won't let them kill my daughter for me."
They are stealing her money as well and she doesn't know, they are scared my friend will know their secrets
You really don't know these people
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by ahnie: 1:31pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
I dislike that people don't consider the emotional impact a certain decision has on a child
I don't support her kind of judgement before those staff, you need to see their happy faces with snide remarks

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by SPAMBOX7: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
At first I didn't want to comment but seeing your moniker and she being your friend is enough proof she wasn't treating those staff well. And her mom gave her exactly what she deserved..
Stupid Bitches always feeling entitled about anything that concerns their loved ones and relations. Rubbish

I'm glad her mom saw through her and did the needful.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Amaggedon: 1:32pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
I said my friend's mom
iyaebe its you and not your friend ,and yes your mom was right to have suspended you from coming to her company before you ruin her years of had work with your bad character. Imagine an intern trying to dictate to senior staffs because your mom owns the firm. Lol. Go and get job elsewhere and see if you can try your bullshit there. Feminist without sense. She had to bring her how her mom will not pass such judgement if its were to be her brother.

2 Likes

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by geosegun(m): 1:34pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:

Your friend's (your) mum is right. She wants her (you) to learn a great lesson here. To whom much is given, so much more is expected.

Your friend (you) should have considered the emotional torture her mum will also go through when she heard about her beloved daughter engaging in a free for all fight in a company she (you) may probably inherit?

Don't you know such an act will ultimately reduces your friend's (your) values before the staff? Your friend (you) will lose all respect and invariably ruin the company. Her (your) mum is absolutely correct here. I may do same too.

Your mum's friend could see that your friend is (you are) proud and she needs to humble her (you). She is a great mother.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Westerhoffe(m): 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
They are stealing her money as well and she doesn't know, they are scared my friend will know their secrets
You really don't know these people

grin
You think she doesn't know?
She knows they're stealing from her. But she's weighed the differences and recovery.
Don't let your friend put herself in any harm's way.
Whatever she has to tell her mum, she should do it at home and let the mother take decisions at work.

You'd be surprised she'll reply with, "I know" when your friend tells had they're stealing from her.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Lemos14: 1:37pm On Aug 31, 2023
Nairaland has really gone to the dogs. How does this kind of topic reach FP?

We all know the friend is the OP but is looking for ways to justify her bad behavior
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by esthel(f): 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
What instruction is an Intern even giving staff
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by SonofGod231: 1:38pm On Aug 31, 2023
Someone like me for whatever reason would totally disconnect from them and never look back.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by GistFullGround: 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:

Abeg shut up, you spoiled girl. Thank God for the mom who quickly saw her bad attitude.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
Westerhoffe:

grin
You think she doesn't know?
She knows they're stealing from her. But she's weighed the differences and recovery.
Don't let your friend put herself in any harm's way.
Whatever she has to tell her mum, she should do it at home and let the mother take decisions at work.

You'd be surprised she'll reply with, "I know" when your friend tells had they're stealing from her.
My friend already resolved never to have anything to do with the company again
Those staff will never respect her which is why I'm against the way my friend's mother scolded her before her staff.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by DenreleDave(m): 1:39pm On Aug 31, 2023
Beremx:
grin I can bet with my left breast that you're the one involved and not your friend. You don carry your wahala for nairaland go display for your mama company. Stick to nairaland and leave mama company alone
Good for you grin grin

Haaaaaaa left breast grin grin grin grin kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Angelfrost(m): 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
Honestly, I will even do more than suspending my own child...! He or she must be disciplined fully and properly.

No child of mine should misbehave or disrespect anyone under any circumstances.

It is stain on the parents.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by luskysylver(m): 1:43pm On Aug 31, 2023
so we should do what with this silly information. Do u know the girl better than her mum.

1 Like

Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by rtdCivilservant: 1:44pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:

Op, let me ask u, where ur friend mama see money take open company? Is she a girlfriend to a politician?
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by Westerhoffe(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:
My friend already resolved never to have anything to do with the company again
Those staff will never respect her which is why I'm against the way my friend's mother scolded her before her staff.

You know one thing is, tell your friend not to always let anger becloud her understanding.
Saying she'll never have anything to do with the company is a mistake.
Tell her to do what I told you earlier and see what her mum will spill.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by perryy(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
Mu😂😆😆. Bad daughter of a good mother.
Re: My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff by obailala(m): 1:45pm On Aug 31, 2023
IconicR:

Without meeting her, your friend already sounds like a spoilt entitled brat! From the tone of your voice, you also seem to see nothing wrong with your friend's insubordination? Are you a spoilt brat too?

On the highlighted bit, you say "most staff do not like to take instructions from her". The question is, why should they take instructions from an intern? Is she their boss? Was she hired as a boss? On what authority exactly is she dishing out these instructions to her superiors? Why should she insult the long serving staff of the company by dishing out instructions?

The mum must have raised a brat but is smart enough to want to correct her mistake. Better late than never!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Experience Being Tagged A Fraudster. / 3 Sharp Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals In 2016 / Globacom Sacks 54 Engineers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.