Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,087 members, 7,828,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? (26499 Views)

Victor Osimhen Surprised By Napoli Fans At AFCON 2024 / Which Player Should Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2022? / Camavinga Or Ndidi: Which Player Should Manchester United Sign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by BiGVEEN58(m): 5:42pm On Sep 02, 2023
Mane

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by iampeterben(m): 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
jaeyking:
None surprised me
The players have families to feed

Why play in a hard/stressful league recieving less

When you could go to a more easier league and recieve alot

Money is the motivator
Wisdom kill you

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Mayor88(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Neymar

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by achimendy(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:
Some Footballers in Top European Leagues Surprisingly moved to Saudi Arabia.
While some were Past their Prime, Others were 26,27 Active Footballers! πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHICH PLAYER'S MOVING TO SAUDI ARABIA SURPRISED YOU, the most?πŸ€”πŸ™‚

MINE is: Yacinne Bonou of Sevilla and Morrocco!
That Keeper was Arguably the BEST Keeper in Europe!
Couldn't believe he could go to Saudi!πŸ˜’

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley

None suprise me.

They're maki their money.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by rightopdeep(m): 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Ronaldo...No Hypocrisy and Hating

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by nairalanda1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 02, 2023
jaeyking:
None surprised me
The players have families to feed

Why play in a hard/stressful league recieving less

When you could go to a more easier league and recieve alot

Money is the motivator

I even see Sadio Mane's name there...the guy has large charitable efforts in progress, and has put a large number of people on an allowance. No surprise he moved with the money.

9 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Isobug: 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
Saint Maximin.....I was thinking Newcastle is building a team around him and Almiron, .....vuuum de guy japa

12 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by FireUpNow(m): 5:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
Not surprised at all by any of the transfers because money is involved.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by jumper524(m): 5:50pm On Sep 02, 2023
Neymar for me. Can't beleive lad is out of europe.
Also Gabriel viega, dude was already a hot cake in Europe but was smart enough to go to a league with bigger pay and lesser injuries.

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Stel6u5h: 5:51pm On Sep 02, 2023

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by ruggedtimi(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
Gabri veiga

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Angelfrost(m): 6:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
The biggest surprise moves for me:

Karim Benzema... Honestly thought he would head to England like Casemiro did.

Riyad Mahrez... Such quality could have been scooped up by Elite teams in Italy or France. I guess money is all he is thinking about now.

6 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Dyfynezz12(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2023
Players play for money
Y will u be surprised they went to where they will collect more money?

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Bfly: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
Money has mixed with football.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by VinnyBaba: 6:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
crossfm:
Na victor grin.

A move that didn't materialize,it would have been a game changer in his life,just my opinion shaa.

We move.

So you are one the Nigerians Advising Victor Osihmen to leave Europe and go to Saudi Arabia league? πŸ˜πŸ˜•

This is What KILLED JAYJAY OKOCHA CAREER. embarassed undecided

In the Mid 1990's, If he had Stayed in Germany and doing those Dribbles,
Bayern Munich or Dortmund would have Signed him and he would have the Bundesliga, UCL, African Best and even World Best. smiley

But in 1997 or 1998, he Followed MONEY and went to Fernabache in Turkish where Nobody could see his Talent! sad

Then went to then Unknown PSG and then Bolton, when he was already Old!πŸ™

If Osihmen is Wise, he should move to Arsenal next year.
Fight to Win an EPL and UEFA champions league like Haaland.
And possibly win World Best Ballon'd.😊

If he Follows the Advice of Peeps like you, he will Regret like Okocha! πŸ˜•πŸ˜’

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Felabarmudia: 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:
Some Footballers in Top European Leagues Surprisingly moved to Saudi Arabia.
While some were Past their Prime, Others were 26,27 Active Footballers! πŸ€¨πŸ™‚

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHICH PLAYER'S MOVING TO SAUDI ARABIA SURPRISED YOU, the most?πŸ€”πŸ™‚

MINE is: Yacinne Bonou of Sevilla and Morrocco!
That Keeper was Arguably the BEST Keeper in Europe!
Couldn't believe he could go to Saudi!πŸ˜’

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley

Neymar Jnr

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Angelfrost(m): 6:07pm On Sep 02, 2023
jumper524:
Neymar for me. Can't beleive lad is out of europe.
Also Gabriel viega, dude was already a hot cake in Europe but was smart enough to go to a league with bigger pay and lesser injuries.

Neymar hoped to reunite with Messi someday in Barcelona... Messi's move away from Europe crushed him.

The guy is practically done with Football as it stands.

Na to seriously hammer and flex into retirement now.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Natbrowny: 6:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
In that list. I'll say NEYMAR... E SHOCK ME.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by pikechukwu6(m): 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
As far as money is concerned...NON cool cool

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by onadana: 6:12pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

For Older and Established players like Ronaldo and Benzema, CORRECT! smiley

For YOUNGER players Like Allain St Maximin, NO! undecided

As a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.😊

This is the Mistake JayJay Okocha and Odion Ighalo made.
They Put MONEY ahead of Trophies/Personal Accolades and Regretted it.πŸ˜’

I Just Hope Victor Osihmen does not Make same Terrible Mistake!πŸ€¨πŸ™

Oga,forget look back,shey trophies dey pay bills ni...?Money is the ultimate,what is the point of having trophies and being broke later

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by fredoooooo: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2023
Non.. they're all their to make money ..
But st maxim though

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2023
onadana:

Oga,forget look back,shey trophies dey pay bills ni...?Money is the ultimate,what is the point of having trophies and being broke later

So Players like Kanu Nwankwo, Joseph Yobo, Didier Drogba, etc that played ENTIRELY in Europe are now Broke? sad πŸ˜’

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Alsenora: 6:19pm On Sep 02, 2023
Exactly; they've all got a price tag
TemplarLandry:
None.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Talkisneeded: 6:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
Viega

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:24pm On Sep 02, 2023
KevinDeBruyne:
Ruben Nevez shocked me the most

Same here!πŸ˜•

Dude should have been playing for Arsenal, Man Utd or Barcelona now.

But Wolves always Slammed a Heavy Price Tag on him, which scared away Suitors. πŸ™πŸ˜’

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Inner19(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2023
Is Saudi Arabia a good place to live and work for a Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Noah94(m): 6:29pm On Sep 02, 2023
Sadio Mane, Neymar and Mahrez. I think they still had a lot to offer at the elite level of football in Europe. Well, they're earning megabucks πŸ’΅πŸ’΄πŸ’ΆπŸ’·, nna make I double my hustle jawe.πŸ™‚πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by dododawa1: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2023
After
Money
Na
Money
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by mayor1814: 6:41pm On Sep 02, 2023
In fact, d most surprising and shocking one was Tapnaldo. He was rejected by European top clubs. but I even thought he would squeeze in a decent European club but NO.

As for others, none were surprising. They went for money and retirement plans.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Ade1177: 6:42pm On Sep 02, 2023
victory36:
All these one you are saying is story for the gods. Most Players play for the money, it's not trophies that will sustain them after retirement. My own take is that they should use the money wisely. Those who play for passion can keep on playing in Europe. It's their personal choice/life not ours to decide.

Even those that play in Europe play for money

The reason why a player will snub Fulham and say yes to Manchester united

Is because Fulham will offer 40k
United will offer 250k

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Ade1177: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
mayor1814:
In fact, d most surprising and shocking one was Tapnaldo. He was rejected by European top clubs. but I even thought he would squeeze in a decent European club but NO.

As for others, none were surprising. They went for money and retirement plans.

What about neymar?

I thought after Messi and Ronaldo
Neymar was the 3rd best player of this currently generation

Why is nobody attacking him as Dive-nay-mar

See all humans are the same when it comes to what drives you to work for another Club or organisation

Money
Money
More money
Much more money

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ighalo Jude Celebrates His Wife Sonia On Her Birthday, Sings For Her / Enyimba FC Replies Chelsea Fans Who Mentioned Their Handle On Twitter - Epic / 'Nobody Remembers The 8-2!' - Lewandowski Quizzed On Barca's Humiliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.