Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,959 members, 7,828,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? (26497 Views)

Victor Osimhen Surprised By Napoli Fans At AFCON 2024 / Which Player Should Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2022? / Camavinga Or Ndidi: Which Player Should Manchester United Sign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by aestake: 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
jaeyking:
None surprised me
The players have families to feed

Why play in a hard/stressful league recieving less

When you could go to a more much easier league and recieve alot

Money is the motivator
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Beverlyjean(f): 2:30pm On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Lolsss.. cheesy๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Wetin bring Messi to this Matter now? ๐Ÿ˜’

Anyways, Truth remains:

As a Young Talent, playing for Saudi Arabia league or any Unknown leagues
Doesn't bring Glory to your name.๐Ÿ˜’

Dat's how Incredible Hulk of Brazil left Porto to Russian league and killed his career.๐Ÿ˜Ÿ
Same with Redhot Striker, Jackson Martinez of same Porto, who left for an unknown league.๐Ÿ˜Œ

If Osihmen becomes GREEDY like Okocha, na him Sabi. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜•

Russia China did not sign A-Class players ..... Saudi have signed balon dor winners and top 3 nominees of the balon ... the have signed top coaches ... Ronaldo, Benzema, Neymar , Mane, Mayrez , kante are A-class ...Salah , De gea , lewandowski, modric are next online .... it has never happened b4 ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Vinnie2000(m): 2:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
Beverlyjean:

Russia China did not sign A-Class players ..... Saudi have signed balon dor winners and top 3 nominees of the balon ... the have signed top coaches ... Ronaldo, Benzema, Neymar , Mane, Mayrez , kante are A-class ...Salah , De gea , lewandowski, modric are next online .... it has never happened b4 ....

Nice one.

But Lewandowski have said he wouldn't go there.๐Ÿ™‚

Dat he doesn't have time for that Saudi Nonsense!๐Ÿ˜„

Y'all Acting as if Pple in EPL, Serie A, La liga,etc are paid Peanuts. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Beverlyjean(f): 2:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Nice one.

But Lewandowski have said he wouldn't go there.๐Ÿ™‚

Dat he doesn't have time for that Saudi Nonsense!๐Ÿ˜„

Y'all Acting as if Pple in EPL, Serie A, La liga,etc are paid Peanuts. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜’

Saudi pro is growing and sponsors are trooping there now ...

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nigeriagood(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
frog12:
and you are misguided like your name implies when nigeria is bad

foolish ๐Ÿคฃ how does Nigeria relate to kbd frog brain
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Sizwezi: 5:31pm On Sep 03, 2023
Georginio Wijnaldum just secured a deal to join club Al-Ettifaq.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Bukola94: 5:34pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nigeriagood:
what's coming from your mouth ๐Ÿ˜‚,bemzema the one season wonder ๐Ÿค”,abeg kelvin cannot beat the Neymar of before 2017
He won the Ballon d'or, top 5 Fifa best. Got lots of goals and assists. He played an important role when Real Madrid won the back to back UCL & one of the best in la-Liga 4past 4season. He is a better player and more successful than Neymar. Modric is a better player than him. Gnabry of Bayern I will like to have in my club than spoilt & unserious Nyemar

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nigeriagood(m): 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2023
Bukola94:
He won the Ballon d'or, top 5 Fifa best. Got lots of goals and assists. He played an important role when Real Madrid won the back to back UCL & one of the best in la-Liga 4past 4season. He is a better player and more successful than Neymar. Modric is a better player than him. Gnabry of Bayern I will like to have in my club than spoilt & unserious Nyemar
when I saw modric a midfielder is better than Neymar a winger, there is no need to argue ๐Ÿ’€
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Bukola94: 5:40pm On Sep 03, 2023
Ade1177:

Baba

Kelvin debryune is in the same category as iniesta and xavi

But none of the 3 midfielders can be in the conversation of Best footballer in this generation

Messi
Ronaldo
Neymar

Anything outside these 3 for the last 10 to 15yrs
2008 to 2021 is just you having a personal preference

Mbappe is serious and more successful than Neymar in both country and club side. Is because strikers,wingers and scorers are more focus on when it comes to awards or accolades

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Bukola94: 5:43pm On Sep 03, 2023
victory36:
๐Ÿงข if you have a qualification or skill, the middle East is a nice region to work. Just respect the laws of the land.
2 of my friends that went to east region with a 1st class qualifications came back. They prefer their own for the job even if u are more qualified. Racism and language barriers too is a turn off. So America & Europe is far better than East region
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Bukola94: 6:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
Nigeriagood:
when I saw modric a midfielder is better than Neymar a winger, there is no need to argue ๐Ÿ’€
The midfielders is has important has a wingers in a game of soccer. I been a player, I appreciate a midfielder, my natural position is 11 or playing behind a striker 8. They called me Zidane, Henry& Okocha during my playing days. But my role model was Delima Ronaldo. I am aslo an utility player, I can play side backs and I perform well when the coach put me in the position. I am a great passer of the ball and got pace
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nigeriagood(m): 9:52pm On Sep 03, 2023
Bukola94:
The midfielders is has important has a wingers in a game of soccer. I been a player, I appreciate a midfielder, my natural position is 11 or playing behind a striker 8. They called me Zidane, Henry& Okocha during my playing days. But my role model was Delima Ronaldo. I am aslo an utility player, I can play side backs and I perform well when the coach put me in the position. I am a great passer of the ball and got pace
bro they have different purposes so you can't compare same way you can't compare modric with benzema Neymar
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by maasoap(m): 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2023
jaeyking:
None surprised me
The players have families to feed

Why play in a hard/stressful league recieving less

When you could go to a more easier league and recieve alot

Money is the motivator

That's why I laughed anytime I saw argument like "they are after money". Why did every player want to play in Europe? No be because of better pay?
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by maasoap(m): 10:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
1950Mack:
grin na longer throat de carry dem go there... no be say saudi football don advance reach like dat... but sauds are willing to pay high to just make a drop in the world of football... na marketing strategy.... na scam... their eyes go soon clear... ask those who went to China say how market.... a ram is still a sheep grin

You are still living in the past. How many young players went to China?
When Man City was bought, some football lovers around me said that they would never win any cup but I said that I gave them three years to be in the same league with Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. The rest is history.
Saudi Arabia football is undergoing revolution but you still couldn't see it. Had it been only old and washed up players are the ones moving there, I might agree with you. But the case is different.
Players moving to Europe, wetin dem dey pursue before? No be money again?
Saudi Arabia football is not advanced but you just have to look at the direction it is going right now
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by 1950Mack: 7:54pm On Sep 04, 2023
maasoap:

You are still living in the past. How many young players went to China?
When Man City was bought, some football lovers around me said that they would never win any cup but I said that I gave them three years to be in the same league with Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. The rest is history.
Saudi Arabia football is undergoing revolution but you still couldn't see it. Had it been only old and washed up players are the ones moving there, I might agree with you. But the case is different.
Players moving to Europe, wetin dem dey pursue before? No be money again?
Saudi Arabia football is not advanced but you just have to look at the direction it is going right now
pele o... you wey de live in the future... na ontop football matter you de form woke... abegi park one side... read other people's comments and see am not the only one in this school of thought... they're going to secure the bag period... nothing special about saudi football... if you don gerrit fogerrit undecided grin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by maasoap(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2023
1950Mack:
pele o... you wey de live in the future... na ontop football matter you de form woke... abegi park one side...

Don't tell me that that simple explanation hurt your feeling.

read other people's comments and see am not the only one in this school of thought...

Those are the people in your league who possibly can't see beyond their nose.

they're going to secure the bag period...

You still don't get it, no one disputed that. But the point is Saudi league will also benefit from it. Every player is after money, as much as they can get, be it UK, Spain, Saudi or wherever.

nothing special about saudi football ... if you don gerrit fogerrit undecided grin
Yeah, we know. But with this, if sustained, give them few years and you will see how myopic you have been.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by maasoap(m): 8:36am On Sep 05, 2023
Beverlyjean:

I don't know why some of them are fixated on China's or Russia's failure to project Saudi's league failure. Are the conditions the same? No. Saudi is signing top class players both old and young. Signing top coaches from Europe. And there is money to sustain the services of these players and coaches for a long time. Yet, they couldn't see Saudi league revolution! Well, it means it will have happened before they can see it. grin grin grin
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by 1950Mack: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2023
maasoap:

Don't tell me that that simple explanation hurt your feeling.

Those are the people in your league who possibly can't beyond their nose.

You still don't get it, no one disputed that. But the point is Saudi league will also benefit from it. Every player is after money, as much as they can get, be it UK, Spain, Saudi or wherever.

Yeah, we know. But with this, if sustained, give them few years and you will see how myopic you have been.
we know your type... all dis loose bet9ja miscreants with dirty tear tear jeans chanting jagons upandan and arguing for just argument sake. You wey dey see pass your nose wetin you don gain now... you no fit order point and kill for elegushi as only broke youths waste their fortune with unnecessary arguments tongue

You're just contradicting yourself and going in circle... just hear yourself out... read your recent comment and tell me you're not just arguing blindly undecided

Now stay the phuck off my mention... I am not even supposed to give you the attention you seek.... you're another troublemaker... can't you mind your own business abi saudi pay you to advertise for them ni undecided
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Sizwezi: 12:39pm On Sep 05, 2023
Yannick Carrasco to Al Shabab completed.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by maasoap(m): 12:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
1950Mack:
we know your type... all dis loose bet9ja miscreants with dirty tear tear jeans chanting jagons upandan and arguing for just argument sake. You wey dey see pass your nose wetin you don gain now... you no fit order point and kill for elegushi as only broke youths waste their fortune with unnecessary arguments tongue

One. I'm not sure I can call myself youth.
Two. Never played bet in my life! Don't even have football app on my phone.
Three. People like me don't do "point and kill", we buy whatever we like and take it home to our family. grin grin grin
Four. I don't chase money, money comes in steadily whether I go out or remain in my house. We took care of that some years back. So, I can waste as much time arguing with you as I like. Laughing.

You're just contradicting yourself and going in circle... just hear yourself out... read your recent comment and tell me you're not just arguing blindly undecided

No. I don't contradict myself and no blind arguments from my side.
My point to you is you're myopic, can't see beyond your nose.
Saudi is not advanced, they are using money to lure big European players and coaches. And we're telling you that if sustained over the years, they will be there. China or Russia failed doesn't mean Saudi will fail too.

Now stay the phuck off my mention ... I am not even supposed to give you the attention you seek.... you're another troublemaker...

You can choose not to respond instead of crying and wailing like someone whose bread was snatched.

can't you mind your own business abi saudi pay you to advertise for them ni undecided
You want to mind your business? Don't post on social media. Download games on your phone and start playing it instead.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by 1950Mack: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2023
maasoap:

One. I'm not sure I can call myself youth.
Two. Never played bet in my life! Don't even have football app on my phone.
Three. People like me don't do "point and kill", we buy whatever we like and take it home to our family. grin grin grin
Four. I don't chase money, money comes in steadily whether I go out or remain in my house. We took care of that some years back. So, I can waste as much time arguing with you as I like. Laughing.

No. I don't contradict myself and no blind arguments from my side.
My point to you is you're myopic, can't see beyond your nose.
Saudi is not advanced, they are using money to lure big European players and coaches. And we're telling you that if sustained over the years, they will be there. China or Russia failed doesn't mean Saudi will fail too.

You can choose not to respond instead of crying and wailing like someone whose bread was snatched.

You want to mind your business? Don't post on social media. Download games on your phone and start playing it instead.
naso na de talk... social media big man... audio money... we know una well well undecided

You claim you're mature but your comments prove otherwise... undecided

You're the one who lacks foresight because you're too optimistic. People like you fail alot even in business. Football is not just about money... no matter how much saudi spends they still have a lot to do... do you think they can keep up even financially... they'll get tired... everybody will get tired you'll see... passion is key... that is what keeps football alive... Europe is fueled by that. Now in addition I still can't phantom how the Muslim world will embrace an infidel sport completely... this is just an example of the barriers in that terrain... how complicated it can be... go and ask Ronaldo... am not supposed to spoon feed you with facts but it seems you're a pri.c.k... you're too full of yourself. undecided

If privacy is not allowed on social media then anonymous character won't exist, Twitter for example won't allow users disable or delete bad comments. Nairaland will soon get such feature but until then I will like outcasts and troublemakers to mind their business. Comment your comment in peace and leave my own comment alone. I don't play games, I use my phone for business, and am here for business. Case dismissed. undecided
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Mryacks: 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
victory36:
All these one you are saying is story for the gods. Most Players play for the money, it's not trophies that will sustain them after retirement. My own take is that they should use the money wisely. Those who play for passion can keep on playing in Europe. It's their personal choice/life not ours to decide.

Exactly....besides, playing in Europe does not guaranty a player winning trophies at the end of his club career. Look around, how may clubs actually win trophies if not the big traditional ones in the respective leagues... E.g, players in clubs like getafe, Burley, sasaolo, Monza, bournemouth, etc no dey ever will anything .

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by jeffkennedy: 6:48pm On Sep 05, 2023
The transfer of Karim Benzema to Saudi Arabia was a bit of a shock to me, I thought he still had two or three more years to play as a top-level football player for Real Madrid, but he decided to call it quits and go for the money, its understandable anyawy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enyimba FC Replies Chelsea Fans Who Mentioned Their Handle On Twitter - Epic / Ighalo Jude Celebrates His Wife Sonia On Her Birthday, Sings For Her / 'Nobody Remembers The 8-2!' - Lewandowski Quizzed On Barca's Humiliation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.