Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? (26481 Views)

Victor Osimhen Surprised By Napoli Fans At AFCON 2024 / Which Player Should Win The African Footballer Of The Year 2022? / Camavinga Or Ndidi: Which Player Should Manchester United Sign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by PepeXKermit: 6:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

For Older and Established players like Ronaldo and Benzema, CORRECT! smiley

For YOUNGER players Like Allain St Maximin, NO! undecided

As a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.😊

This is the Mistake JayJay Okocha and Odion Ighalo made.
They Put MONEY ahead of Trophies/Personal Accolades and Regretted it.😒

I Just Hope Victor Osihmen does not Make same Terrible Mistake!🤨🙁

The ones that had trophy and died poor na you feed their family? Forget that bullsheet, even stats sef dem dey remember pass trophy. Alan we don retire many years ago na person wey them still dey talk about today for PL.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by obaival(m): 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
Etc
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by DJInfluence: 7:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
Etc... Never expected him to leave Africa for the big Saudi money.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Bukola94: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
Inner19:
Is Saudi Arabia a good place to live and work for a Nigerian?
Is not, even Dubai aren't better. Just go to Europe or America countries to make a living or work. Go to Saudi Arabia if you want to study Islamic & Sharia laws or Arabic language only.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by MrDoGood(m): 7:24pm On Sep 02, 2023
Etc
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Bukola94: 7:26pm On Sep 02, 2023
Ade1177:

What about neymar?

I thought after Messi and Ronaldo
Neymar was the 3rd best player of this currently generation

Why is nobody attacking him as Dive-nay-mar

See all humans are the same when it comes to what drives you to work for another Club or organisation

Money
Money
More money
Much more money

Kelvin is the 3rd best player currently. I will rank Karim Benzema over Neymar. Neymar is so unserious and career may not have happy ending, just like Balotelli and Adriano

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Truthshotcrazy: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2023
cool
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by victory36(m): 7:34pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bukola94:
Is not, even Dubai aren't better. Just go to Europe or America countries to make a living or work. Go to Saudi Arabia if you want to study Islamic & Sharia laws or Arabic language only.
🧢 if you have a qualification or skill, the middle East is a nice region to work. Just respect the laws of the land.
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by toprealman: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

As a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.😊

You mean Bolton paid JayJay £3.3M in 2002 as against his African record £14M PSG paid for his service in 1998 and you think it was because of money? Didn’t you hear him say he didn’t know about the club’s status before he joined Bolton.
They did not put any money ahead of anything. Football management in Africa was almost non- existent and still is. Jay Jay and co were all played!

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by kaludestiny10(m): 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Brosovic.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by sageb: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Riyad Mahrez leaving Manchester city of England to play in Saudi Arabia shocked me.
Money is a factor in the game.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Ade1177: 7:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Bukola94:
Kelvin is the 3rd best player currently. I will rank Karim Benzema over Neymar. Neymar is so unserious and career may not have happy ending, just like Balotelli and Adriano

Baba

Kelvin debryune is in the same category as iniesta and xavi

But none of the 3 midfielders can be in the conversation of Best footballer in this generation

Messi
Ronaldo
Neymar

Anything outside these 3 for the last 10 to 15yrs
2008 to 2021 is just you having a personal preference

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by 08050486478ami(m): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
[quote author=Vinnie2000 post=125521312]

After their career what will they do with the trophy? As an inheritance to their offspring or what?
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Daduro mane
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by 08050486478ami(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
To reply to some of us saying is money and what have you, Okocha, Kanu, Mikel Obi and so many others that left Africa to play in Europe what where they looking for? Abi them close down all the stadium for Africa? The obvious thing is football is becoming competitive, just the way European clubs lure players with money from all over the world, Saudi clubs are also developing their football by luring players from all over the world how is that a problem to some hungry youth in Nigeria? As a matter of fact the competition has shifted from Europe to Asia if you aren't happy with it go to court

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by EngGandalf: 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Wettn this guy dey talk now.. What makes you think you've a say in anybodys life decision. You even put the NO in capital letters.. Lmao!! Unbelievable.. What makes you think JJ and Odion made mistakes in THEIR own life… I'm going to guess you're probably a teenager or early twenties…you don't know how life works… person dey jump up and down to earn a living… you dey make life decisions for am. i don't think you know what it means to make 20million euros/pounds a year with very little tax, 100% safety of life and good standard of living… or you think Players are superhuman who can't be robbed, stabbed or shot at… you even say this people regretted it… Jj tell you say him regret life? Man I'm just bemused at your level of reasoning…
“As a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.😊”

ARE YOU A PLAYER!!! If no! Always Shut up and face your own life.…

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by lascos912(m): 8:18pm On Sep 02, 2023
me myself
Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Gucciswaz: 9:11pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:
Some Footballers in Top European Leagues Surprisingly moved to Saudi Arabia.
While some were Past their Prime, Others were 26,27 Active Footballers! 🤨🙂

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHICH PLAYER'S MOVING TO SAUDI ARABIA SURPRISED YOU, the most?🤔🙂

MINE is: Yacinne Bonou of Sevilla and Morrocco!
That Keeper was Arguably the BEST Keeper in Europe!
Couldn't believe he could go to Saudi!😒

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley
. Allan sanit maximin

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
And what is wrong with the Saudi League?
Have you all forgotten that the Saudi National team was the only team that beat Argentina, the eventual World Cup winners?
Also, Saudi Arabia already hosted the Junior World Cup, as far back as 1989.
Obviously, they want their league to compete with the best in the world, by attracting big names. That is why they employed Mike Emenalo who has a lot of experience as a football administrator.
There is no professional football player in the world who does not play for money. Even Messi did not agree to a wage cut at Barcelona. The same with De Jong. Mesut Ozil did not agree to a wage cut at Arsenal.
So far, no professional football player in the European leagues are playing for free.
So we should not begrudge any player who moves to Saudi Arabia.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by famzynet: 9:27pm On Sep 02, 2023
Ronaldo , Neymar , Benzema , Henderson , Fabinho you name it.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Nuzo1(m): 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
EngGandalf:

Wettn this guy dey talk now.. What makes you think you've a say in anybodys life decision. You even put the NO in capital letters.. Lmao!! Unbelievable.. What makes you think JJ and Odion made mistakes in THEIR own life… I'm going to guess you're probably a teenager or early twenties…you don't know how life works… person dey jump up and down to earn a living… you dey make life decisions for am. i don't think you know what it means to make 20million euros/pounds a year with very little tax, 100% safety of life and good standard of living… or you think Players are superhuman who can't be robbed, stabbed or shot at… you even say this people regretted it… Jj tell you say him regret life? Man I'm just bemused at your level of reasoning…
“As a Player When you Retire, you want to look Back on your Career and smile @the Trophies won and Impact you made in the Game.😊”

ARE YOU A PLAYER!!! If no! Always Shut up and face your own life.…

He said JJ told him he regretted his decisions in football. Lol. Very careless talk.

Why did they move to Europe in the first place? They should have stayed back at Kano pillars for the love of football.

They always like to equate every talented player to very LUCKY Messi and Ronaldo. Even these guys at some point in time forgot about trophies and went for the money. And he is here advising a poor African child to go and play for trophies.

Injuries can retire you from football the first week of training in Real Madrid or Barcelona.

He should stop that joke!

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by pongwa(m): 9:50pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley
cr7

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by phemmyfour: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley
Neymar
Don't be surprise if he doesn't make the national team again

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by frog12: 10:00pm On Sep 02, 2023
mahrez, but he's better and equal to kevin but pep doesn't give him starting so its understandable

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by donmik: 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
It doesn't shock me but annoys me that i can't watch Neymar again.
They will come back when they begin to lose fans

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by frog12: 10:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
mendy was the lowest paid star in epl. the guy saved chelsea but the press blame him for everything even when kepa is active keeper

Ppn247:
Mane and mendy

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Slynation(m): 10:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Mine is Gabri Veiga (21years) and Otavio Da Silva (28years)...both players are still young and has a lot to offer, but they made their choice!!

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Obasempiree(m): 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley
Neymar TBH i was expecting him to still be in Europe, but i guess he had an irresistible offer.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by flababa(m): 11:44pm On Sep 02, 2023
victory36:
All these one you are saying is story for the gods. Most Players play for the money, it's not trophies that will sustain them after retirement. My own take is that they should use the money wisely. Those who play for passion can keep on playing in Europe. It's their personal choice/life not ours to decide.

Hence, all these players are gladiators if you understand what I mean. They are mostly owned. And an owner can do whatever he likes with his property.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Equalitygod: 12:04am On Sep 03, 2023
franchasofficia:
Neymar, an overhyped player I predicted many years ago to take the place of Cristiano Ronaldo, now he finally killed every of such chances by killing his football career via that Arab move.

Anyway, he realized he was never going to shine like Ronaldo and Messi, so he went for the bag undecided

Neymar overhype nah. Dude was good but he wasn't serious just like his compatriots Ronaldo de Lima, Robinho, Kaka and Ronaldinho it was all about the Brazilian bonito the Brazil dance. Eat get fat and be unserious and enjoy your life na him be their motto. All these players were great but injury or something else... I think they never tried to push further if not they would have won what Messi and Ronaldo won. Only de Lima try for here the rest nor really push further.

Neymar shouldn't have joined Barca at the start, no ego.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Football Revolution: Which Player's Move Surprised You The Most?? by Omobude244: 2:40am On Sep 03, 2023
Vinnie2000:

*Sadio Mane
*Riyad Mahrez
*Allain St Maximin
*Ruben Nevez
*Neymar Jnr
*Eduado Mendy
*Jordan Henderson
*Fabihno
*Karim Benzema
*Etc.

WHAT'S YOURS?
Nplfmod. smiley
1. Gabriel Veiga- a 21yrs old Europe hot player choose Saudi over Napoli and EPL teams😂 money na ur mate😁
2. Saint maximin- na that guy and wilson make me like Newcastle. At a prime age of 26, Baba choose money over champions league football and a chance for a place in france squad😂
3. Sergej Milinković-Savić (SMS) - he was the pillar of Lazio last season that made them finished in second position in serie. At a prime age 27, he choosed Saudi over champions league football 😁
4. Brozovic - even at 31, he was still been chased by Europe big clubs, but then, he opted for Saudi.
5. Ruben Neves
6. Mahrez

The others nor surprise me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ighalo Jude Celebrates His Wife Sonia On Her Birthday, Sings For Her / Enyimba FC Replies Chelsea Fans Who Mentioned Their Handle On Twitter - Epic / Cristiano Ronaldo Wins King Of The Match & Scores 17th Goal Vs Chelsea (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.