Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,666 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ (15963 Views)

Olukoyede: If I Can Go After My Kinsman Olu Agunloye, Why Not Yahaya Bello? / Sunrise: Leno Adesanya Lured Ministers With Women Over $6bn Mambilla Project- FG / Dr. Olu Agunloye Is Wanted By EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by slowice(m): 9:58am On Sep 04, 2023
You can't elect established criminals into office and expect good governance. They will in turn employ their goons and loyalist who will steal the country dry because they see the appointments as compensation for Job already done and delivered.

If you want all sectors of our ecnonmy to work effectively and efficiently, you must elect trusted corrupt free individuals, they will in turn appoint seasoned corruption free technocrats to man different sectors and you will see the result in time.

1 Like

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by adexpa(m): 10:00am On Sep 04, 2023
If we can visit majority of the past deals, some of the guys who are walking around today will be stone to death. Too many unguraded deals just to create avenue to steal. Nobody brought us here other than the greedy people who got opportunities to be in power. Majority of them are going about saying rubbish about the government of today because there is no opportunity for them to steal, they are acting like Saint and someone who cares. The past really needs to be visited and dealt with harshly. We need to send signals to the future by properly dealing with the past.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by MEGAWATCH: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2023
Naturally the Yorubas are very very slippery,

We are going to see more of this in Tinubu's government.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by zicoraads: 10:10am On Sep 04, 2023
bennybuhari:
Obasanjo is majorly responsible for the many woes of this country today
Rich coming from someone who has Buhari on his moniker.

Did you even read it?

1 Like

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Svoboda(m): 10:11am On Sep 04, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Obasanjo nearly the sold the entire nation's future away, he should be cooling off in kirikiri maximum security prison by now in a saner clime

I strongly believe obj gave his backing to agunloye. Thats classic obj, to use cronies to corner interests to himself and when theres a fallout he quickly makes himself remote to the problem, if not antagonistic to the front individual, just to create diversion.

No company worth its salt would undertake such a billion dollar project without an express endorsement of a sitting president and only relying on the ministers approval.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Raheeqilmaktoom: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Obasanjo has never been known to be a man who loses administrative control of the structures under him. This man is over 80years old, but still lucidly runs his existing businesses and farms.

If going by this his rebuttal, a Minister had no unilateral authority to award contracts beyond the 25million naira valuation, and if he didn't give the approval for this one, then more questions should be asked and me thinks Atiku Abubakar should answer some of these questions.

After all, we all know the infamous roles Atiku has played during his days as Vice President, which have significantly impacted our electricity, negatively.

Sometimes, no matter how much I try to stay away from waste of time I end up getting sucked back in.

If as a Minister, your overall boss orders you to stand down on something and even withheld his approval for a proposal, how can a vice president overwrite that?

What powers does a VP has to order a Minister to award a contract against his Boss' orders a day after FEC?

Sometimes, simple reasoning look to be beyond certain people. smh.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Gboom: 10:17am On Sep 04, 2023
I don't believe Obasanjo is not a party to this controversy. How will a minister award a contract of such a huge some without the approval of presidency?
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by DaddyYankee: 10:19am On Sep 04, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Sometimes, no matter how much I try to stay away from waste of time I end up getting sucked back in.

If as a Minister, your overall boss orders you to stand down on something and even withheld his approval for a proposal, how can a vice president overwrite that?

What powers does a VP has to order a Minister to award a contract against his Boss' orders a day after FEC?

Same thing i thought. The mumu just wants to make OBJ look like a saint by all means.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by BoldBrainz(m): 10:23am On Sep 04, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

If Nigeria existed as a nation "under normal circumstances", you will be in the right place to ask these questions.

But where corruption has always been celebrated and promoted like a national virtue, are you trying to pretend that you do not know a VP can circumvent his principal and issue approvals to contracts? Or should we begin to list the atrocities Atiku committed as a VP to Obasanjo?

For you to even begin to hold a torch to this argument, having existed in this same country, puts your reasoning ability under scrutiny.

1 Like

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by DaddyYankee: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

If Nigeria existed as a nation "under normal circumstances", you will be in the right place to ask these questions.

But where corruption has always been celebrated and promoted like a national virtue, are you trying to pretend that you do not know a VP can circumvent his principal and issue approvals to contracts? Or should we begin to list the atrocities Atiku committed as a VP to Obasanjo?

For you to even begin to hold a torch to this argument, having existed in this same country, puts your reasoning ability under scrutiny.
Don't be stupid!

Just shut up!

1 Like

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by BoldBrainz(m): 10:31am On Sep 04, 2023
DaddyYankee:
Don't be stupid!

Just shut up!

No!
I choose to be stupid and not shut up. What's next on your mind?
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Raheeqilmaktoom: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Yours definitely.

You seem to be staying in the villa, or used to stay in the villa to know the atrocities Atiku committed first hand that you have to rope him in even in issue that has no direct relationship with him.

I find it difficult to understand how of all conlusions you can make, bringing in a third party from a above report stands to logic.

What Obj said is he never gave approval (even asked he person to stand down his proposal), the onus is now on the person to prove that he indeed got PRESIDENTIAL APPROVAL NEEDED for such project or he takes the fall, since it will be assumed that he acted unilaterally when he holds no such power.

2. Going by your logic, we can append any failure in policy and administration to that one supposed crooked fela even without any evidence linking him to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Abufo: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Obasanjo has never been known to be a man who loses administrative control of the structures under him. This man is over 80years old, but still lucidly runs his existing businesses and farms.

If going by this his rebuttal, a Minister had no unilateral authority to award contracts beyond the 25million naira valuation, and if he didn't give the approval for this one, then more questions should be asked and me thinks Atiku Abubakar should answer some of these questions.

After all, we all know the infamous roles Atiku has played during his days as Vice President, which have significantly impacted our electricity, negatively.

Leno of lenoil..............That man was already a fraudster when i was in ss1 in kings college..........and am well over 40 years.............I can vouch for obasanjo on this one! They just want to scam Nigeria........the 2 yoruba ronu gangsters........that dam maybe one of the most challenging engineering projects ever done in Nigeria....that is what that Pyrate confra guy Agunloye went to award to his fellow yoruba ronu character! that Leno guy has over 100 emergency companies in his portmanteau ........he even has NASA competitor sef among dem!!! mambilla that even julius Berger sef wil sweat bricks trying to engineer not to talk of constructing! Until we begin to drag these characters to bar beach to be dispatched summarily by a hail of bullets from a crack firing squad.......these yahoo yahoo biz men and there friends in power will continue to bleed this nation!!!
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by grandstar(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2023
The best way to investigate this $6b is to Agunboye's assets especially bank accounts. I'm sure a very generous kickback was given to be awarded this contract.

If a bride was offered, and the hastiness at which it was signed is enough to proof its illegality.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by LONEWOLFJOHN: 10:40am On Sep 04, 2023
JASONjnr:
The problem I have with Nigeria is that leaders who sign documents they're clearly briefed by their ministers will always claim innocent of what they signed when things goes wrong.

Obasanjo should either come out open and face the law or he apologized and settle Sunrise.

If Atiku was involved in the contract, he should be arrested ASAP.... He's the reason why we're living in darkness.
Let's focus on Tinubu that's currently stealing money meant for subsidy.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by BoldBrainz(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

Yours definitely.

You seem to be staying in the villa, or used to stay in the villa to know the atrocities Atiku committed first hand that you have to rope him in even in issue that has no direct relationship with him.

I find it difficult to understand how of all conlusions you can make, bringing in a third party from a above report stands to logic.

What Obj said is he never gave approval (even asked he person to stand down his proposal), the onus is now on the person to prove that he indeed got PRESIDENTIAL APPROVAL NEEDED for such project or he takes the fall, since it will be assumed that he acted unilaterally when he holds no such power.

2. Going by your logic, we can append any failure in policy and administration to that one supposed crooked fela even without any evidence linking him to it.

Brotherman, if Obasanjo as the then President saw the need to come out publicly to address the issue in a bid to clear the air, Atiku Abubakar as the then Vice President is equally expected to do same. There's absolutely nothing wrong in me postulating that he has questions to answer.

Everyone in Nigeria is innocent until otherwise proven. I haven't roped Atiku into anything. As the sitting Vice President of the country during the period this heinous fraud was perpetuated, Atiku should equally answer questions and no amount of sentiments should wash that away!
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by WorldRichest: 10:42am On Sep 04, 2023
Tinubu will get all the crooks involved, then you will know who is the real Mafia. Tinubu's grandmother Efunroloye Osuntinubu single handedly fought the British over Slave Trade, Tinubu cannot be any less brave
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Raheeqilmaktoom: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Brotherman, if Obasanjo as the then President saw the need to come out publicly to address the issue in a bid to clear the air, Atiku Abubakar as the then Vice President is equally expected to do same. There's absolutely nothing wrong in me postulating that he has questions to answer.

Everyone in Nigeria is innocent until otherwise proven. I haven't roped Atiku into anything. As the sitting Vice President of the country during the period this heinous fraud was perpetuated, Atiku should equally answer questions and no amount of sentiments should wash that away!

See pesin wey dey question another ones thinking capacity. grin

Goodbye.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by BoldBrainz(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2023
Raheeqilmaktoom:

See pesin wey dey question another ones thinking capacity. grin

Goodbye.

Okay.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by femu(m): 10:48am On Sep 04, 2023
AntiWailer:
I am sure Atiku did with the hope that when he takes over from OBJ he will legitimize the illegal deal.

A minister cnt just wake up and award billion dollar project

Thrash.

Where will atiku derive such powers.
Was he acting President?

The minister acted on his own and his actions are being challenged by the government
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by BJanta: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2023
Nbote:
Wait ooo, Isn't this the Sam's Mambilla project the Buhari claimed was in finishing stages??

Yes. Don't you know when they say something is used ? It means it's no longer there, it's useless and finally, it's used up or shared up.😇😇😇
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by firearcher: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2023
If a minister can sign and commit the nation to a whopping $6b naira mega project without the president knowledge, then we have a huge problem. Considering Baba's hold on his cabinet and his boast on having a firm control, its surprising he can admit this publicly. Makes you wonder what other illegalities might have passed behind him if he really didn't know.

Any firm that also committed to such arrangements without meeting or confirming the president's position directly is likely not innocent.

This stinks to the high heaven and needs to be investigated. Expect everyone to be covering up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by seguno2: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2023
JASONjnr:
The problem I have with Nigeria is that leaders who sign documents they're clearly briefed by their ministers will always claim innocent of what they signed when things goes wrong.

Obasanjo should either come out open and face the law or he apologized and settle Sunrise.

If Atiku was involved in the contract, he should be arrested ASAP.... He's the reason why we're living in darkness.

Please can you kindly point out where Obasanjo mentioned Atiku’s name in the OP.

Don’t join propagandists and liars to spread fake news of what your eyes did not read.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by seguno2: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Can you please describe the infamous roles that you all know.

Why did Obasanjo not prosecute Atiku after 2003, if any of the infamous roles that you know is true?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by samsard(m): 10:59am On Sep 04, 2023
bennybuhari:
This is nothing but lies from the pit of Buhari. Obasanjo's administration maintained a stable economy. Not only did they help negotiate debt forgiveness they also built the foreign reserve to a very high level considering the price of crude then. Sure he had his faults but no Buhari supporter should even attempt to criticise OBJ as the worst considering how awfully Buhari ran the economy into the ground with his inept and corrupt appointees.

2 Likes

Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by BoldBrainz(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2023
seguno2:

Can you please describe the infamous roles that you all know.

Why did Obasanjo not prosecute Atiku after 2003, if any of the infamous roles that you know is true?

Obasanjo was supposed to prosecute Atiku after 2003, as what? The chairman of the EFCC or ICPC? Or you're not aware Atiku has a heavy corruption dossier that's been collecting dust in the archives of the EFCC, since the days of Nuhu Ribadu?

Some of you come online to ask questions as if you were born yesterday.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by 9jatriot(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2023
As shameful as it is to say, Nigerians are inherently corrupt, they only complain when they, their kins man or relations are not the ones on the table.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Cantonese: 11:09am On Sep 04, 2023
bennybuhari:

Please explain this claim.
Please let’s learn from you.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Iamanoited: 11:13am On Sep 04, 2023
OBJ IS NIGERIA WAI OMBUDSMAN PLENIPOTENTIARY. AND IT IS CONSTITUTIONAL BY IMPLICATION.
Re: I Never Authorised Agunloye To Award $6bn Mambilla Contract To Sunrise, Says OBJ by Kukutente23: 11:15am On Sep 04, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Wetin bring atiku into this matter

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession / Bashir Magashi: US Rescue Operation Not Violation Of Nigeria’s Sovereignty / PDP Rejects Osun Governorship Election Judgment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.