Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK (14918 Views)

2023: Longest-Serving Lawmakers Who May Return To The House Of Reps / Oil Discovery In Bauchi, Gombe Will Cut Niger-Delta Political Power - Buhari / Under Ojuelegba Flyover, Now A Center For Political Conference & Stadium (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by pol23: 7:24pm On Sep 04, 2023
FFK.
The shameless boy.

1 Like

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by Father4all: 7:34pm On Sep 04, 2023
It's bad. But the truth is, some are still better than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:35pm On Sep 04, 2023
7arrows:

Na so all of them start. He should leave and allow someone else. Does it mean he's the only reasonable and capable hand in rywanda? Na so dictator dey start. Power intoxicates.
I was just thinking aloud over their issue.

Anyhow sha, wats gonna be gonna be!
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by TonySpike: 7:36pm On Sep 04, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
This one surprises me.

Alhassan Outtara of Ivory Coast (13 years),

Considering how he got into power. He's doing exactly what Gbagbo did. Sit tight by any means.

They always come in as a hero or saviour and after a while, they decide to stay forever in power. That is how it is even in countries like China and Russia. They continue to change the country's constitution and eliminate all opposition until nobody is left to challenge them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by GreatrAnalyst: 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2023
Racoon:
"Emancipation from mental slavery, none but us could free our minds" - Bob Robert Nesta Marley

Yeah, actually...
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds."

1 Like

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by chubinwa(m): 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ffk indirectly calling for coups in these countries
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by Blackdisciple(m): 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2023
This is what can best be described as AFRICA WONDER!

Rather should be described as
AFRICA DEMOCRAZY because it ain't the will of the people...
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by Dyfynezz12(m): 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2023
Paul Kagame is doing well in RWANDA

1 Like

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by Boo3nity(m): 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
Racoon:

https://twitter.com/realFFK/status/1698279218860179650?t=_xLLKx0Ozb5yl4NHAL2X4g&s=08

Someone tell this loud mouthed, friend-for-food-only bozo to shut his trap n go sit at the losers corner where his puppet master recently dumped him.
We have Google n Wikipedia to keep tabs on democratic despots such as the one you're supporting.
You've lost relevance. Accept the inevitable and move on.
Loser.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by InsightsGuru: 8:50pm On Sep 04, 2023
With the exception of Uganda which was colonized by Britain, it appears these were former French colonies. Something does not look right here.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by WowSweetGuy(m): 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
This one surprises me.

Considering how he got into power. He's doing exactly what Gbagbo did. Sit tight by any means.
Exactly

Another greedy one

But this life fast o...already 13yrs that news of yesterday

I don old
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by jrusky(m): 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2023
Racoon:
Ngwaanu! ECOWAS and the AU make una answer now. The fuse have long been lighted. The triggers of these coup frenzy? Legalisation of illegitimacy and unconstitutionality have given rise to it. Lawlessness begat lawlessness. Illegality begat Illegality.Anarchy, lawlessness and unconstitutionality reign supremely where there is no rule of law

What are you talking about? You are just blowing grammar, go straight to the point biko.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by clockwisereport: 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2023
Félix Houphouët-Boigny -33 years

Yahya Jammeh- 21 years

@racoon, kindly add the above listed politicians
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by clockwisereport: 9:19pm On Sep 04, 2023
WowSweetGuy:
Exactly

Another greedy one

But this life fast o...already 13yrs that news of yesterday

I don old

I swear. The thing dey do me like yesterday when Laurent Gbagbo refused to step down. I used to listen to Idara Ukpanyang's program on FRCN(Africa this week). Man don old

1 Like

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by godwon01(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
Olusegun Obasanjo 12 years. Military and civilian altogether making twelve.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by Svoboda(m): 9:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Racoon:
Ngwaanu! ECOWAS and the AU make una answer now. The fuse have long been lighted. The triggers of these coup frenzy? Legalisation of illegitimacy and unconstitutionality have given rise to it. Lawlessness begat lawlessness. Illegality begat Illegality.Anarchy, lawlessness and unconstitutionality reign supremely where there is no rule of law

There isnt a one size fits all democracy. If the respective countries prefer long term rulers? Who am I?
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by otipoju(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2023
allthingsgood:
Democracy is alien to Africa

The Government we know and understand is Monarchy. Thats why our leaders find it hard to leave the throne, and pass it on to their children.

Plus the largesse of government is too sweet to give up. Even Obasanjo tried his best, but una spoil am
grin

This is the crux of the matter. Then instead of focusing on physical development the focus on killing anyone that dares oppose them or criticises their policies

1 Like

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by jojothaiv(m): 9:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
seeker121:
They just want to hold on to power and have nothing to offer.
I look at the video where the deposed president of Uganda was asked about democracy and term limits and the man said the first 5 term is more like a forerunner to the next term, that an elected president will no have enough time to bring his vision to pass, I laugh, so the first decades he has spent in power was there anything of note.

African leaders are blessed with idiots.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by Charly68: 10:32pm On Sep 04, 2023
The men are sick and greedy ..
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by musicwriter(m): 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2023
Racoon:
"Emancipation from mental slavery, none but us could free our minds" - Bob Robert Nesta Marley

Lord Marcus Garvey actually said that while in a black gathering in London in the 1930's but Bob Marley put it in a song.

He said we must emancipate ourselves. Others may have freed the body (removed the chains of slavery from our hands and legs) none but ourselves can free the mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by Advancedman(m): 11:28pm On Sep 04, 2023
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by skaramanga: 12:19am On Sep 05, 2023
FrancisDiote:
FFK has started talking again after he was overlooked by Tinubu despite helping propagate fake News during the election. Hunger knows no bounds

HUNGER AND IMPOTENT. THATS FFK’S PROBLEM

Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by seeker121(m): 6:24am On Sep 05, 2023
It seems cos indirectly in Nigeria too they don't want to leave the corridor of power. They continue to rotate both elected and appointed positions among themselves. A few examples are Gbaja,Akpabio, Wike and Lawan.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by achimendy(m): 8:01am On Sep 05, 2023
YesDaddyTill203:
This one surprises me.

Am telling you, i remember how almost everybody including other African countries stood by him because of the electoral fraud perpetrated by Laurent gbagbo and his cohorts to retain power. Now he has succeeded and now doing thesame thing his predecessor did.

I think is high time the African masses revolt against this senseless, greedy and power- drunk leaders.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by doncartel: 12:16pm On Sep 05, 2023
Fani-Kayode forgot that his man Ebola has also been ruling Lagos for about 25 years now. He should first advise Ebola to allow genuine democracy to thrive in Lagos, before going to advise Africans about the same democracy.
Re: The Crave For Political Power; Africa's Longest Serving Presidents FFK by 7arrows: 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

I was just thinking aloud over their issue.

Anyhow sha, wats gonna be gonna be!

My guy what's gonna be is not gonna be o. That na old saying. U can change it with your actions of today. u know how many lives have been lost due to government carelessness, bad roads and lack of medical care? People have died due to fake drugs, Hunger. The list is endless bro. In Europe u don't pray against armed robbery or kidnapping. If they fix Nigeria things will change so what's gonna be is not gonna be bro, we plan our tomorrow before we leave the rest to God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four / Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election / PHOTOS: NANS Visit To Obasanjo Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.