Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements (43055 Views)

UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK / UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Kingzjayzee: 2:53am On Sep 05, 2023
The UK on Monday, September 4 announced that Nigerians and other citizens, except British and Irish nationals, wishing to enter the country must apply for Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA).

The new rule becomes effective from November 15, 2023, and applies to everyone, including children.

The new travel rule means that all visa applicants wishing to travel to the UK need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) card before they enter or transit through the country,

The UK home office said persons who need the travel permit are those who were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK.

Also listed for ETA are those on visits shorter than six months, business people, tourism, and those visiting family and friends. Applicants are required to apply online before booking any travel to the UK. Once granted, it will be valid for multiple journeys over two years or until the passport one is applying with expires.

According to the UK Home Office, travellers with valid visas may not be allowed to board without a valid ETA, as the ETA is digitally linked to travellers’ passports.

A statement from the UK office reads: “The UK travel requirements are changing. Except for British and Irish citizens, everyone, including children who enter or transit through the UK, will soon require permission before they travel.

"This means that if you were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK, you will need an electronic travel authorisation (ETA), your stay must be shorter than six months and could include tourism or visiting family and friends, transit, business, and short term study.

“You do not need to show a paper copy, but it may be helpful to prove the confirmation email for your own records while an ETA grants you permission to travel to the UK, it does not grant you entry. So, you would still need to go through passport control at the border to enter the UK. “Make sure you show the same passport you used to apply for your ETA and that your passport is valid for the whole of your stay."

https://www.tori.ng/amp/246807/visa-alone-no-longer-guarantees-entry-uk-announces.html

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Nbote(m): 3:25am On Sep 05, 2023
Another avenue to rip traveller's off

157 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by MrsTwrite(f): 6:30am On Sep 05, 2023
This is terrible, why are they making it harder?

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by oluseyiforjesus(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Very soon all will be well in Jesus name

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Alexas58: 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
This one no include the study route sha

2 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by meum: 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
What’s the essence of a visa if one still needs an ETA? Make una sidon for una country na wetin dem dey try talk😁

111 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by superlanny(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
This is one of the reasons I regret being born in this useless hellhole. Just see the measure one has to take just to run away from this zoo we call a country. For all those who continue to believe and support this failed system and those who run it, I continue to hope you all keep up in enjoying the suffering and wailing.

Whereas they can stroll into Nigeria as easy as dick slides into a condom. The black man is cursed we just don't know yet.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria is irredeemable with the set of politicians in charge, present and future. Argue with your keyboard.

Feels good to be back from my self inflicted ban, to the mod that gave me 3 days ban, here I am 3 months after, joke is on you, I come here for fun and actually do my part very well.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by 9jvirgin(m): 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
With what I see in the United Kingdom anytime I go there, I do not wish my enemy to go and live there.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by MatrixReloaded: 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
Seriously the Indian British guy is bent on sending away migrants from Africa region. Yeah other countries are listed but the target audience is African continent

56 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by frenzy48: 1:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
lol,we weh never see food chop today all these ones no concern us

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Skillsnigeria: 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by babajide107: 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
Make Una Dey read news completely before causing panic.its not for student visa or work

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by iammo(m): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
cool

UK too they use Nigeria catch cruise

Nigerian Students alone spent $2.5billion on tuition in 2022, add cost of living, cost of tickets, Visa and you are looking at $10billion yearly in to their economy from Nigeria

Japarians should try other European countries that have labour shortage , Northern Europe Austria, Hungary

Most Nigerians travel to work hard, except some few criminal drug dealers

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by olatade(m): 1:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
The earlier we understand that we must make naija a better place,the better for us

11 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by kiddkash(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
Which is why I only travel to Russia, China and Vietnam for business.

UK tries all they can to milk people

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by DirtyGold: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
Every few months, a new rule! grin grin

Well, if you cant afford to jump all their hurdles, stay in your country. cool

What's tha business?

3 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by ntyce(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
Lol, don't know why people are concerned.
It doesn't affe t Nigerians.

It's only for those who are eligible to enter the UK without a visa..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Onyeka8: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
G
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by SmartPolician: 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
UK's Home Office is feeling funky because hundreds of people are moving to the UK; this year is the last opportunity they have before the kingdom ends the era of bringing in dependants through study route.

Two things are at play here - it's either the UK doesn't want foreigners in their country anymore or they aren't aware that these stupid immigration policies will reduce the number of people visiting or coming to their country to further their education.

6 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Sweetvie: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Your wahala. E no concern me. Na those who wan travel get the wahala

6 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by MrGreenMavro: 1:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Solofresh2: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by DeZoro(m): 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
This UK government self... they like money..

2 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Chineloani(f): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
UK is overrated and very poor. They always sit down and think of her to reap others to have funds to run their nations. Yeye people.

There is nothing spectacular about them if we must be honest with ourselves. Abegi!!!

11 Likes

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by YesDaddyTill203: 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Even Americans need this. Starting end of 2023. In fact, this is now required for all US citizens visiting all 26 Schengen Zone European countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Cantonese: 1:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Beautiful Sights Of Lagos Island / Lady Comes Out Without A Scratch From Accident Which Killed 4 Persons. Photos / Moist Beach Club: I Visited The Most Beautiful Beach In Lagos - Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.