Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements (43118 Views)

UK Announces Electronic Travel Authorisation As A Travel Requirement Into UK / UK Announces New Visa Application Centre In Port Harcourt / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by hobat4cash(m): 2:00pm On Sep 05, 2023
superlanny:
This is one of the reasons I regret being born in this useless hellhole. Just see the measure one has to take just to run away from this zoo we call a country. For all those who continue to believe and support this failed system and those who run it, I continue to hope you all keep up in enjoying the suffering and wailing.

Whereas they can stroll into Nigeria as easy as dick slides into a condom. The black man is cursed we just don't know yet.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria is irredeemable with the set of politicians in charge, present and future. Argue with your keyboard.

Feels good to be back from my self inflicted ban, to the mod that gave me 3 days ban, here I am 3 months after, joke is on you, I come here for fun and actually do my part very well.
So people are staying in their country and making it harder or more expensive to come to their country, and somehow Nigeria is to be blamed according to you, right? If you want to travel to where there is so called greener grass, you must also be ready to follow their rules for coming and stop the useless whining like a kid. The country is only as useless as it's people because all those in Government are Nigerians, and if we are not ready to do anything about our present situation we can as well suffer in silence until it's our turn to eat the proverbial cake, continuing the vicious cycle. undecided

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by mycar: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2023
Wrong reporting, this is for those that used to travel to the UK without a visa

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by BreconHills(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
yewit37486:

There is some confusing/conflicting information in the additional details provided. The bolded paragraphs below should have just been omitted and it would be clear to everyone that it only applies to those who previously did not require a visa to visit the UK.

It is confusing but the image I took is from the uk government website.

I thought something was wrong because most consular services will give at least 12 months notice of major changes. Most countries are trying reduce friction from applications not increase them
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by superlanny(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
I actually enjoy educating people like you, so why do people Japa or why has the UK made it harder for people to Japa? In simple words, the govt and it's leaders have through their efficient corrupt and slaveism policy and behaviours have made the country poorer and not codusive for normal human beings, hence the trend to run away, think about it, if Nigeria was working would anyone need to leave? Blame the leaders for their failures in leadership and the citizens who keep getting them elected despite the obvious failings and disappointment. I hope I passed a message, no need for insults. Cheers
hobat4cash:

So people are staying in their country and making it harder or more expensive to come to their country, and somehow Nigeria is to be blamed according to you, right? If you want to travel to where there is so called greener grass, you must also be ready to follow their rules for coming and stop the useless whining like a kid. The country is only as useless as it's people because all those in Government are Nigerians, and if we are not ready to do anything about our present situation we can as well suffer in silence until it's our turn to eat the proverbial cake, continuing the vicious cycle. undecided
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Sleekfingers: 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
This is terrible, why are they making it harder?

Must you travel to the Uk? There are let's of other countries.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Reference(m): 2:08pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:

It is natural to expect desperation to be exploited in every walk of life.

Build your country from this point to one of a visa free reception, one where the green passport opens up a world of opportunity.

Evading should not be made easier than building. Nature does not support that.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Expanse2020(m): 2:09pm On Sep 05, 2023
This people are Just ripping us thinking they help us..reason is that last week they boss of visa grant to Nigerians of 132,000 there about..
My question is how many people apply that they gave 132,000 out of how many people 4-8millions and you gave just 132,000 and boasting up and down. It's not you people fault it's our government fault
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Chetas81(m): 2:10pm On Sep 05, 2023
Who will separate Nigerian citizen from their colonial masters, they won't allow you guys to grow beyond this point
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by GodHimself: 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2023
Imaginary lines drawn on the ground like children at play, daring anyone to cross.

There was a time nobody needed passports or visas to move across the world.

Retrogression in the name of civilization.

Kingzjayzee:
The UK on Monday, September 4 announced that Nigerians and other citizens, except British and Irish nationals, wishing to enter the country must apply for Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA).

The new rule becomes effective from November 15, 2023, and applies to everyone, including children.

The new travel rule means that all visa applicants wishing to travel to the UK need an Electronic Travel Authorisation (ETA) card before they enter or transit through the country,

The UK home office said persons who need the travel permit are those who were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK.

Also listed for ETA are those on visits shorter than six months, business people, tourism, and those visiting family and friends. Applicants are required to apply online before booking any travel to the UK. Once granted, it will be valid for multiple journeys over two years or until the passport one is applying with expires.

According to the UK Home Office, travellers with valid visas may not be allowed to board without a valid ETA, as the ETA is digitally linked to travellers’ passports.

A statement from the UK office reads: “The UK travel requirements are changing. Except for British and Irish citizens, everyone, including children who enter or transit through the UK, will soon require permission before they travel.

"This means that if you were previously eligible to visit the UK without a visa and not already legally resident in the UK, you will need an electronic travel authorisation (ETA), your stay must be shorter than six months and could include tourism or visiting family and friends, transit, business, and short term study.

“You do not need to show a paper copy, but it may be helpful to prove the confirmation email for your own records while an ETA grants you permission to travel to the UK, it does not grant you entry. So, you would still need to go through passport control at the border to enter the UK. “Make sure you show the same passport you used to apply for your ETA and that your passport is valid for the whole of your stay."

https://www.tori.ng/amp/246807/visa-alone-no-longer-guarantees-entry-uk-announces.html
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Reference(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
Expanse2020:
This people are Just ripping us thinking they help us..reason is that last week they boss of visa grant to Nigerians of 132,000 there about..
My question is how many people apply that they gave 132,000 out of how many people 4-8millions and you gave just 132,000 and boasting up and down. It's not you people fault it's our government fault

Is there any reason the British people and government should be HELPING you. They have given you billions in aid every year already for decades since independence.

At some point the parent will stop helping the child who should have become an adult.

Build Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Juju70(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
Phuk ukay
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by sylve11: 2:17pm On Sep 05, 2023
iammo:
cool

UK too they use Nigeria catch cruise

Nigerian Students alone spent $2.5billion on tuition in 2022, add cost of living, cost of tickets, Visa and you are looking at $10billion yearly in to their economy from Nigeria

Japarians should try other European countries that have labour shortage , Northern Europe Austria, Hungary

Most Nigerians travel to work hard, except some few criminal drug dealers

Hmmm cool
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by yewit37486: 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2023
BreconHills:

It is confusing but the image I took is from the uk government website.

I thought something was wrong because most consular services will give at least 12 months notice of major changes. Most countries are trying reduce friction from applications not increase them

Yeah, that's true. Hopefully, they will provide further clarification.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by rapheal5(m): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2023
No one is talking about coconut price in the market
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by pseudonomer: 2:27pm On Sep 05, 2023
This is incorrect information. Only countries that do not require a visa to enter the UK will need an ETA.

It does not apply to visa holders.

For further details, please check https://www.etauk.uk/.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by FireUpNow(m): 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2023
9jvirgin:
With what I see in the United Kingdom anytime I go there, I do not wish my enemy to go and live there.
Like what my brother?
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Expanse2020(m): 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
Reference:

Is there any reason the British people and government should be HELPING you. They have given you billions in aid every year already for decades since independence.

At some point the parent will stop helping the child who should have become an adult.

Build Nigeria.
Believe me they are not even helping us giving billion to us taking trillion upon trillion from us...they have been doing illegal mining, taking our resources from us since the old days of our ancestors
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by meum: 2:55pm On Sep 05, 2023
etrange:

You guys don't read. Read! This does not apply to you. You need visa. This is mostly for visa free countries and it's not hard to get. It's just a way of monitoring entry/exit. With less than $7, one can apply online and get it immediately (for those from visa free countries).
What makes you think I didn’t read? They should learn to pass relevant information in the first 3-4 paragraphs. I cannot be straining my eyes of the phone reading long epistles. Thanks for pointing out what the other paragraphs mentioned.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by meum: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2023
etrange:

You guys don't read. Read! This does not apply to you. You need visa. This is mostly for visa free countries and it's not hard to get. It's just a way of monitoring entry/exit. With less than $7, one can apply online and get it immediately (for those from visa free countries).
What makes you think I didn’t read? They should learn to pass relevant information in the first 3-4 paragraphs. I cannot be straining my eyes on the phone reading long epistles. Thanks for pointing out what the last two paragraphs mentioned & adding your findings😊
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Quebec91(m): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2023
cheesy🤣🤣🤣🤣
frenzy48:
lol,we weh never see food chop today all these ones no concern us
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Quebec91(m): 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2023
cheesy
ObedBaley:
Nigerians don cut ticket
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by gaskiyamagana: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2023
MrsTwrite:
You are over populating them.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by gaskiyamagana: 3:11pm On Sep 05, 2023
meum:
What’s the essence of a visa if one still needs an ETA? Make una sidon for una country na wetin dem dey try talk😁
Visa, ETA and what? I am ready, it's far better than enduring Buharilization plus -combined Tinubulization.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by meum: 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2023
gaskiyamagana:

Visa, ETA and what? I am ready, it's far better than enduring Buharilization plus -combined Tinubulization.
Japarian is that you😂
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by planetx: 3:34pm On Sep 05, 2023
meum:
What’s the essence of a visa if one still needs an ETA? Make una sidon for una country na wetin dem dey try talk😁
London that now looks like Lagos and Mumbai India. Paris looks like Bamako, Conakry and Ouagadougou.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by meum: 3:42pm On Sep 05, 2023
planetx:
London that now looks like Lagos and Mumbai India. Paris looks like Bamako, Conakry and Ouagadougou.
So you guys have successfully turned our darling London to look like Lagos & Mumbai? Wonderful. The owners are coming with more conditions so you guys can stay back & build yours😂
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by agabusta: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2023
yewit37486:

There is some confusing/conflicting information in the additional details provided. The bolded paragraphs below should have just been omitted and it would be clear to everyone that it only applies to those who previously did not require a visa to visit the UK.

Who will not need an ETA
You will not need an ETA if you have either:

a British or Irish passport
permission to live, work or study in the UK
a visa to enter the UK

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic-travel-authorisation-eta#who-will-need-an-eta
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by planetx: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2023
meum:

So you guys have successfully turned our darling London to look like Lagos & Mumbai? Wonderful. The owners are coming with more conditions so you guys can stay back & build yours😂
I could care less it is you people karma coming full circle, never was interested in living in your UK anyway.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by riyog: 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2023
"Longboardinsider" has not been recognized as a significant keyword in my training data up to September 2021. However, based on your request, regarding the announcement that a Visa alone no longer guarantees entry into the UK, it is important for travelers to stay informed about evolving travel requirements. This update underscores the importance of checking the latest entry regulations and documents, ensuring a smooth journey to the UK.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by riyog: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2023
The announcement that "Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry" by the UK underscores the importance of staying informed about travel requirements. Utilizing CapCut templates for travel-related content can help creators quickly update and educate their audience on these changing rules. These templates offer a convenient way to share essential travel information and keep viewers up-to-date.
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by Macdeey: 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2023
meum:
I swear ! You don talk am finished 😞😞😞
Re: Visa Alone No Longer Guarantees Entry - Uk Announces Travel Requirements by kelvindj98: 4:25pm On Sep 05, 2023
superlanny:
This is one of the reasons I regret being born in this useless hellhole. Just see the measure one has to take just to run away from this zoo we call a country. For all those who continue to believe and support this failed system and those who run it, I continue to hope you all keep up in enjoying the suffering and wailing.

Whereas they can stroll into Nigeria as easy as dick slides into a condom. The black man is cursed we just don't know yet.

I have said it before and I'll say it again, Nigeria is irredeemable with the set of politicians in charge, present and future. Argue with your keyboard.

Feels good to be back from my self inflicted ban, to the mod that gave me 3 days ban, here I am 3 months after, joke is on you, I come here for fun and actually do my part very well.
What is there to regret. Just curse your parents for giving birth to you in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Moist Beach Club: I Visited The Most Beautiful Beach In Lagos - Video / One Of The 17 Flyovers Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State (Photos) / Driver Crushed To Death By His Truck In Edo Accident (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.