Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,366 members, 7,861,006 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:47 PM

Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr (201 Views)

I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Bola Ahmed Tinubu: From Drug Lord To Presidential Candidate By David Hundeyin / Christmas: Northern Christians Disown Kukah Over Statement On Buhari’s Administr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by Laheelow(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2023
In a recent virtual religious event, the former Emir of Kano and ex-governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Muhammadu Sanusi, chose to exercise restraint when it came to criticizing President Bola Tinubu over the ongoing economic challenges faced by Nigerians.

Former Emir of Kano and ex-governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Muhammadu Sanusi, chose to exercise restraint when it came to criticizing President Bola Tinubu over the ongoing economic challenges faced by Nigerians. During the event, he diverted from the religious theme to remind the audience of his stance on the poorly managed economic policies of the previous administration led by Muhammadu Buhari.
Subsidy removal, a correct decision Sanusi expressed that the prior administration had neglected his advice on how to steer Nigeria out of economic turmoil. He contended that those well-versed in economics would recognize that the current administration made the correct decision by discontinuing the fuel subsidy to safeguard the country from the financial abyss created by the past regime. country from the financial abyss created by the past regime. He stated, “I have, over the years, talked about the impending crisis, given the current economic hardships. Any economist who has studied monetary policy in the last eight years knows that Nigerians would find themselves in this challenging situation.” Sanusi cautioned that the hardships Nigerians currently face might be just the beginning if the appropriate measures are not taken. He highlighted that similar economic predicaments had occurred in other nations, such as Germany, Zimbabwe, Uganda, and Venezuela. Nigeria lived beyond its means in the last 8yrs Sanusi asserted that while he was not absolving President Tinubu of any wrongdoing, the blame for the present economic difficulties should not rest on his shoulders. He emphasized that during the past eight years, Nigeria had been living beyond its means, accumulating substantial foreign and domestic debts. The Central Bank of Nigeria alone had accrued over N30 trillion in debt, leading to debt servicing surpassing 100 per cent. It is unjust to blame Tinubu He further stated, “I can’t join other Nigerians in criticizing Tinubu for the current economic hardship. I am not saying he is faultless, but in this current economic situation, President Tinubu is not to be blamed. I will also speak out if I observe any detrimental economic policies in Tinubu’s administration in the future.” “It’s injustice for anyone to blame the Tinubu administration for the current economic hardship because there is no other alternative than the removal of the fuel subsidy. After all, Nigeria cannot even afford to pay the subsidy.”

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/05/sanusi-exonerates-tinubu-from-nigerias-economic-woes-blames-previous-administration/
Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by ElSudani: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2023
He is being honest. This is becoming rare with our elites. Tell the truth and shame the devil. How can you blame a three months old administration for problems which started before most Nairalanders were born?
May God help this administration to put Nigeria on the right path.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by Alchemy528: 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
🥹
Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by ABBkelvin(m): 3:26pm On Sep 05, 2023
Apart from the post election bala-blue and Kitikiti of the opposition parties, a well learned individual should be able to figure out that if Tinubu is able to carry out all his policies, the future of the generation to come will enjoy and compete in a country that's worthy of living in and defending.

Just follow up general Mao and Pol pot way of handling this kind of situation in the past and see where the outcome lies.

I will be honest in saying most of the policy that will be established in this administration will not favour the current youth and adult of this timeline, but the generation to come will adjust easily and enjoy a better society than the one we find ourselves in.

Average Nigerians already had a thought process, behaviour and conception that made us to be extravagant and not put value to things due to subsidizing lot of our life activities e.g Education, fuel, health and others federal government initiatives, we are use to getting a lot of things easily that made us assume things are cheap everywhere in the world, thats not how it work.

Summary of what I am saying is this; our current generation won't reap the reward of Asiwaju policies, one generation must pay a heavy price to effect the greatness of a country, the generation before us refused to and if we also refuse to suffer now, then Nigeria will never achieve greatness.

Reference: USA great depression of 1920-40 eras, China emerging economy 1950-1990 led by Mao Zedong, Pol pot of Cambodia action against his people in the 1980s.

Nigeria shall be great awu.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by mrvitalis(m): 3:29pm On Sep 05, 2023
I'm not sure the OP can actually read n comprehend
Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by Luckylife(m): 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2023
Who was the head of APC? Sycophants licking their vomits shameless because of personal interest.
Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by festacman(m): 4:07pm On Sep 05, 2023
ok
Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by Solsix(m): 4:14pm On Sep 05, 2023
Op u and sanusi just dey play. Who told Nigerians that Buhari is the messiah?? Tinubu supported Buhari twice. He cannot be absolved of his mistakes. His second support of Buhari made sure of that
Re: Sanusi Exonerates Tinubu From Nigeria’s Economic Woes, Blames Previous Administr by iammo(m): 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2023
Common sense

How will any educated person even blame Tinubu less than 100 days

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

I Will Retire Atiku To Kombina Where He Will Rear Goats, Broilers, And Layers- V / Whereabouts Of Man Who Called Uzodimma Murderer Unknown / Calling Out Igberetv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.