Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa (21740 Views)

My Colleagues Use Their Knowledge To Defend Electoral Frauds - Okutepa SAN / PDP G5 Not Dead, Will Act On Feb 25 – Wike / Nigerians Know The Truth, Peter Obi Replies Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by georgeakins: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Tinubu will not rule forever... yoruba will still step aside just like hausa did with buhari... who laughs last , laughs best .... when we enter.... we will pay back every coin we have received.... its just a matter of time

Where you wan enter?

The presidency is going back to the North after 8 years and then South South.
Obi go contest tire
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by lapintoz: 9:53am On Sep 07, 2023
Of course, a sound obi that turned opo Anambra into the Dubai of Africa. Where lager beer is free flowing, where Fidelity Bank is granting free loans and social allowances to its citizenry. That has the states foreign currency reserves in Pandora papers.

When you accept that democracy is a game of numbers, you will wake up from your slumber and align.

Until then, keep wailing and foaming for mouth. It changes nothing

chucks185:
dear, don't mind those primitive and barbaric animals. we all know the truth.
those chimps prefer to have a chimp rule over them.
who would leave sound Peter Obi and vote for a dilapidated grandpa,
who is extremely corrupt,
who is one of the people who put Nigeria in its sorry state.
these days i see them no different from chimps in the zoo, with their animalistic tendency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by eleniyan2020: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2023
chucks185:
these days i see them no different from chimps in the zoo, with their animalistic tendency.
the same sound obi that did nothing in Anambra...even kwankwaso is better than him!

1 Like

Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Baatunde(m): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2023
I like your spirit, please stay at home next election jare, Only people who can accept that their choice might not win elections are required to vote

Hyperchi:
We know who won and INEc will have to force me out during next election.

1 Like

Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by eleniyan2020: 10:23am On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Tinubu will not rule forever... yoruba will still step aside just like hausa did with buhari... who laughs last , laughs best .... when we enter.... we will pay back every coin we have received.... its just a matter of time
you can never enter,fight for Biafra instead...
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by eleniyan2020: 10:24am On Sep 07, 2023
XY23:

Lol. Obviously, you're not educated enough to understand what he wrote. If you did, you'd weep for the future of your unborn kids. To you, matters of legality is a dick-measuring contest. A society that doesn't thrive on law, is an animal farm. Your life will soon be a reflection of the society you support if you remain unfortunate not to JAPA. Mark my words.
future on unborn kids because obi did not win,and the future of Anambra kids is in Lagos..
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by MEGAWATCH: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:
The mushroom lawyer is in his feelings.

Okutepa = oku ta epa (dead man selling peanuts)
😁

https://www.nairaland.com/7831144/all-eyes-judiciary-agenda-backfires

Wake up in the morning,

On your phone,

Visit NAIRALAND forum and look for who doesn't share your views and attack,

Dedicate one useless music,

Day closes,

Jejely go back and continue living your suffering and miserable life.

What a way to live in DARKNESS?
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Shantyken(m): 10:36am On Sep 07, 2023
XY23:

Lol. Obviously, you're not educated enough to understand what he wrote. If you did, you'd weep for the future of your unborn kids. To you, matters of legality is a dick-measuring contest. A society that doesn't thrive on law, is an animal farm. Your life will soon be a reflection of the society you support if you remain unfortunate not to JAPA. Mark my words.
So because of tomorrow the person that won should be denied his victory. Stop being emotional my brother, the truth remains obi was unable to bring the facts that he won the election.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Shattuck(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2023
Beverlyjean:
I swear, let's keep the ball rolling, in all if Jonathan had played this game apc and tinubu is playing nowI am sure they would have been fighting the battle we fight now, like it or not the table will turn.

1 Like

Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Baatunde(m): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2023
Here we go again ' animal farm' an euphemism for your choice word ' the zoo'. Since the man is not educated enough to understand what Okutepa said, why not enlighten him. Forget all the technicalities that were thrown out, I think any sensible person would agree that Okutepa and cohorts for all the millions they must have been paid, did a very poor job of proving how their client 'won' the election. Even those of 'legal illiterates' that followed the proceedings did not see the submission as to how Saint Peter was supposed to have won.

Instead of people to come online to make empty noises, perhaps you lot can do what Okutepa and co failed to do... that is, do a state by state tally of the 'lawful' votes received by all candidates after correcting the anomalies introduced by the 'rigging' and give us the final figure as it should be. YOu are most certain that Peter Obi won, so there must be a data that you have access to that strengthens this conviction in you lot, so please kindly share that data with us ignoramuses. DO this or just keep quiet and accept defeat, elections are not won on instincts or emotions......All I can hear so far is "we know Obi won but we somehow cant prove it"

XY23:

Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by OlujobaSamuel: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2023
Oga lawyer, all facts are true, what you are holding on to is belief, not fact. For a statement to be fact, it must be true, so if you can't establish for statement to be true, then it's just a belief.
The only way you can say Obi won the election is by giving figures of where you noticed manipulations, you can't just go about shouting that your client won, you are learned not unlearned, act like one.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Bluntemperor: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2023
Donaldoni:
Olodo lawyer! angry

Let him tell us,or is he afraid of Nigerians?
Imagine this Lawyer,if he should be on the Bench how he would perform!
Is Judgement not based on Law and Facts- Mr Lawyer? We once asked your LP or PDP symphertiser that ' show us what you got in the North East and North West Regions' but till date,those two parties can't come straight? Or was Elections based on Social Media?
Since you are a SAN,may be you can help their defence team
The Court has a right to questions some , even their SANs titles,since they think they can come in Social Media for popularity!
If you are not comfortable with the Judgement then follow them to the Supreme Court and if you still failed,then go and Contest in your locality and stop ranting! Nonsensical people everywhere!
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Shattuck(m): 10:47am On Sep 07, 2023
Shantyken:

So because of tomorrow the person that won should be denied his victory. Stop being emotional my brother, the truth remains obi was unable to bring the facts that he won the election.
obi may or may not have been able to prove he won the election but he was able to prove that the election was rigged, rivers and others were case study, with verifiable evidence, independent observers, EU even the BBC, obi needed to prove he won, tinubu also needed to prove his vote, which he didn't, inec also needed to defend the numbers which they didn't, how he got 8million votes considering the fact that part of those vote given to him was later adjudged to be won by obi, rivers state in particular, yet the tribunal ruled in their favour, for the fact you don't like obi, shouldn't make you emotional or blind to the truth.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Shantyken(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2023
Shattuck:
obi may or may not have been able to prove he won the election but he was able to prove that the election was rigged, rivers and others were case study, with verifiable evidence, independent observers, EU even the BBC, obi needed to prove he won, tinubu also defend his vote, which he didn't, inec also needed to defend the numbers which they didn't, yet the tribunal ruled in their favour, for the fact you don't like obi, shouldn't make you emotional or blind to the truth.

Sir
Pls take ur time, exclude emotions and sentiment and analyze the last election from every geopolitical zones and conclude if obi truly won the election.

Point of REFERENCE as regard to NE, NW, SW, NC.

I don't hate obi because he hasn't offend me in anyway but truth be told he didn't win the ELECTION.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2023
Hyperchi:
We know who won and INEc will have to force me out during next election.
if u like no vote e no concern anyone... Mtcheew
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Shattuck(m): 11:16am On Sep 07, 2023
Shantyken:

Sir
Pls take ur time, exclude emotions and sentiment and analyze the last election from every geopolitical zones and conclude if obi truly won the election.

Point of REFERENCE as regard to NE, NW, SW, NC.

I don't hate obi because he hasn't offend me in anyway but truth be told he didn't win the ELECTION.
I am not saying he won,he needs to prove he won,that's a fact, what I am saying is tinubu also wasn't able to defend how he won, or how he got 8m votes neither did inec, defend how tinubu won the election but yet a tribunal that claims to be unbiased declared him the winner, I made a reference to Rivers state also which inec claim tinubu won, but in reality Obi won Rivers state with verifiable evidence, why would an unbiased judiciary overlook this clear case of manipulation. My argument is not for obi to be declared winner, but about how tinubu came to be declared winner while overlooking all these errors by the judiciary.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Diligence: 11:25am On Sep 07, 2023
You have a Drug Lord/Addict, a corrupt soul, a cheat, a criminal as your president and you are praying that your country go better. Oya nah. U just dey play.

The so-called last bastion of hope for common man has just been tossed out of the window!

Nigerians: Take your destiny in your own hands!
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Shattuck(m): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Oga lawyer, all facts are true, what you are holding on to is belief, not fact. For a statement to be fact, it must be true, so if you can't establish for statement to be true, then it's just a belief.
The only way you can say Obi won the election is by giving figures of where you noticed manipulations, you can't just go about shouting that your client won, you are learned not unlearned, act like one.
I like how you emphasized on facts, obi might not have proven, he won, neither did tinubu prove he got 8m votes, obi won rivers base on facts even from inec right now, how then was he still declared winner when he couldn't defend all his votes especially the one from rivers, when you analyze the fact objectively, if I were the judge, yes I wouldn't declare obi winner if he can't prove how he won, but neither will I acknowledge tinubu's victory because he also couldn't prove how he won and got 8m votes neither did inec prove how he got 8m votes, taking into consideration inec declared him winner in rivers initially, but further evidence proved inec manipulation for him as he didn't win Rivers among other states which evidence were presented. That's how you give justice, for me obi was not able to prove how he got more votes than tinubu but he was able to prove manipulation, tinubu was also not able to defend how he got 8m votes neither was inec able to defend the integrity and accuracy of the votes. So why then did the tribunal give it to tinubu? This is my issue with the verdict if you are unbiased you would see reasons too
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2023
maestroferddi:
Smart thinking...

I personally don't see Nigeria going far because if these people who are normalizing impunity believe in the viability of Nigeria, they would not be acting the way they are doing...

There will be no Jonathan or even an Obasanjo again who I believe are blaming themselves for naively surrendering power.

With the way things stand, Tinubu can do as many terms as he wishes and nothing will happen.

Hoping for a pliant and conscientious Nigerian president in the nearest future will amount to living in a fool's paradise because no-one will be as naive and weak as Jonathan again...

The upside for me in all this whole charade is that Peter Obi and the opposition should go toughen up.

In any case, the Igbos wouldn't need another Aguiyi-Ironsi, a man who frittered away a golden opportunity to leave a lasting impact.
We shall need a man who will be able to speak the language Nigerians understand when it gets to our turn. Nigerian politics of these days have no place for a "nice guy"...

Sentiments and being nice do not win anyone battles, no less in Nigeria so if Peter Obi was under any illusion about the way things stand, I am sure his mind must have been fully disabused now. He either has an end game or he will be neither here nor

African politics is principally about the triumph of the strong man so like or hate Tinubu, one thing you have to respect is the man's drive and determination to win at all cost...

This is Africa where in the final analysis, victors write history and losers are left to lick their wounds in solitude...
what some of u Igbos failed to understand is politics is strategic and won by negotiation... Votes from Igboland won't make Obi president... This toxic pride is why u pple push obi out d PDP when he should have been deputy to Atiku and PDP would have won... To be president u need good votes from at least four region out of six ok... LP party doesn't that reach only PDP APC has it... but since u Igbos think by force obi ll be president that let's be watching...
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Tareq1105: 11:35am On Sep 07, 2023
chucks185:

Truth that you cannot substantiate as a lawyer. You're just trying to justify your balance with LP.

Did you present any election results to the Tribunal with which you wanted the judges to declare Obi winner?

No. So, what's your role in the legal team?

1 Like

Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Darkjudge24: 11:36am On Sep 07, 2023
Dear learned barrister emotions don't win court cases and if u are talking about truth there is no truth in election because there is always one winner
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Stonem: 11:40am On Sep 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:

😁

you’re very stup!d like your use.less parents
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Stonem: 11:41am On Sep 07, 2023
Okoroawusa:
Mr lawyer are you not ashamed of yourself? Common to prove that Peter Obi won you could not.
you should be ashamed of your use.less parents especially your mom that sleeps with touts to earn a living
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Stonem: 11:43am On Sep 07, 2023
AdesegunSanni89:
My parents are animals and they are still deluded in thinking they gave birth to somebody not knowing they have birth to an animal like them. My family need psychiatric evaluation ASAP.
exactly
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Benzinoooo: 11:43am On Sep 07, 2023
TemplarLandry:

😁

Who are the people liking this comment…I’m quite curious.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Kaiser20: 11:45am On Sep 07, 2023
Donaldoni:
Olodo lawyer! angry
You wey no fit to score 5 credits with English and Mathematics dey call SAN olodo
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by garfield1: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2023
Shattuck:
I am not saying he won,he needs to prove he won,that's a fact, what I am saying is tinubu also wasn't able to defend how he won, or how he got 8m votes neither did inec, defend how tinubu won the election but yet a tribunal that claims to be unbiased declared him the winner, I made a reference to Rivers state also which inec claim tinubu won, but in reality Obi won Rivers state with verifiable evidence, why would an unbiased judiciary overlook this clear case of manipulation. My argument is not for obi to be declared winner, but about how tinubu came to be declared winner while overlooking all these errors by the judiciary.

According to the law,tinubu doesn't need to show how he won.obi need to show that he won or prove massive rigging.he only brought rivers and benue irev copies which aren't enough
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Hyperchi(m): 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2023
Baatunde:
I like your spirit, please stay at home next election jare, Only people who can accept that their choice might not win elections are required to vote

And how has ur choice impacted in ur life since as an agboro
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by gawu1: 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2023
Ofunaofu:

No body the wail

We are wondering how Justice Tsammani will be defending the accused when he said and I quote "Shettima double nomination was not intentional"

Is judgement now based on intentions and emotions

We used to think including you that judgement is based on facts and the law but justice Tsammani of the PEPT proved us wrong by giving judgement based on intentions and emotions
Tsammani's "Shettima double nomination was not intentional" statement did not come out of the blouse. He made it after considering every fact before him on supposition by the LP and PDP that Shettima's nomination to serve as VP to Tinubu while he was still holding a senatorial ticket at the same time should be interpreted as amounting to a case of double nomination.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Baatunde(m): 12:15pm On Sep 07, 2023
I think you are muddling things up and a bit of clarity would help you understand better. So it is like this, INEC was the umpire in the election, their source of data is all the versions of the forms EC8, signed and witnessed by party agents and even ordinary voters at each Polling Unit. As the authorized umpire for the election, they have declared Tinubu as the winner based on the totally tally of votes as presented on the EC8 forms. Now, Mr Obi said no way, na him win the election and went to court to challenge the result declared by the umpire, therefore the burden of proof is on Mr Obi to show how he won and NOT on Tinubu or INEC. You have mentioned Rivers State as an example that the election was rigged, how many votes was involved in this case and how many of such cases were the legal team of Obi able to prove at the Tribunal.

Can you also provide us the 'verifiable evidences' supplied by the independent observers you alluded to? Do you even know why the judge threw away the report of the EU observers? it is because there was no representative from the EU to present the report formally at the tribunal so they can be cross-examined like every other witnesses. Perhaps the EU observers would have been able to explain how they came by the report with only 40 observers visiting 1000 polling units out of over 176,000 where voting was held. No elections we have ever held in Nigeria is perfect and if the elections were re-run 20 times they are still never going to be perfect

I only hope Mr Obi does not allow you people to push him to the brink like Trump because of the similarity of their 'stolen mandate' crusade., you can see all Trumps troubles unfolding now because he attempted to illegally without evidence (just like you people are doing now) try to overturn a free and fair election which he lost gallantly ( or is it woefully)

Shattuck:
obi may or may not have been able to prove he won the election but he was able to prove that the election was rigged, rivers and others were case study, with verifiable evidence, independent observers, EU even the BBC, obi needed to prove he won, tinubu also needed to prove his vote, which he didn't, inec also needed to defend the numbers which they didn't, how he got 8million votes considering the fact that part of those vote given to him was later adjudged to be won by obi, rivers state in particular, yet the tribunal ruled in their favour, for the fact you don't like obi, shouldn't make you emotional or blind to the truth.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by Shattuck(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2023
garfield1:

According to the law,tinubu doesn't need to show how he won.obi need to show that he won or prove massive rigging.he only brought rivers and benue irev copies which aren't enough
I doubt your claim of the law Sha, but by my limited knowledge tinubu needed to defend his victory and vote wish he failed to do, inec also needed to defend their process,authenticity and integrity they failed also, secondly you claim obi needed to prove massive rigging, for the fact there was rigging at all I expect inec to have been put under immense trial also but rather the tribunal judges were sounding like an inec and apc defense team, I know what I am talking about.
Re: Justice is different from judgement, Nigerians Know Who won On Feb 25 - Okutepa by OlujobaSamuel: 12:17pm On Sep 07, 2023
Shattuck:
I like how you emphasized on facts, obi might not have proven, he won, neither did tinubu prove he got 8m votes, obi won rivers base on facts even from inec right now, how then was he still declared winner when he couldn't defend all his votes especially the one from rivers, when you analyze the fact objectively, if I were the judge, yes I wouldn't declare obi winner if he can't prove how he won, but neither will I acknowledge tinubu's victory because he also couldn't prove how he won and got 8m votes neither did inec prove how he got 8m votes, taking into consideration inec declared him winner in rivers initially, but further evidence proved inec manipulation for him as he didn't win Rivers among other states which evidence were presented. That's how you give justice, for me obi was not able to prove how he got more votes than tinubu but he was able to prove manipulation, tinubu was also not able to defend how he got 8m votes neither was inec able to defend the integrity and accuracy of the votes. So why then did the tribunal give it to tinubu? This is my issue with the verdict if you are unbiased you would see reasons too
In election petition, burden of proof is on petitioner, and it is beyond reasonable doubt, not a test of probability.
The petitioner is the one alleging irregularity, what he needs to do is to present the irregularity in specifics, inec nor the declared winner won't help him do that.
Eg, PU 3, ward 5, MIT LGA, Got state, the result as announced at the PU and signed by agents with a copy given to our agent TP 40, GP 35, BP 80, in the announced result, Inec declared TP 75, GP 40, BP 40.
that is a proof of irregularity, Inec will need to explain the difference if that result presented by the petitioner is truly gotten from the PU.
The scenario above is different from saying Inec changed all or most of our results, the declared results isn't correct. The question would be, is it possible for Inec to change result from more than a thousand PU.
If you go through the petitions, you will noticed that no where was any figure stated as deduction or addition to any of the parties by the petitioner, court won't manufacture figures for you, you present it and they consider the argument you have in advocating for the figures.
Another option is PU cancelling, you have to show that a cancelled PU possible votes is more than the margin of victory, that way, a rerun would be ordered in such PU or ward or area as the case may be.
SC has mentioned it times without number, but lawyers are still going to tribunal to present case without due diligence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fire Razes Governor Dickson’s House In Yenagoa / CBN Postpones Launch Of eNaira / North-East Business Community Picks PDP Nomination Forms For Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.