Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,692 members, 7,837,555 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing (39086 Views)

What I Achieved In 2020 (Photos) / I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by AntiWailer: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2023
You will get caught some day.

Just enjoy it while it last.
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Belleful: 11:01am On Sep 08, 2023
Those of u advising him to stop is just wasting ur time. My advise to him is he should continue doing it. The day u are caught, u face d consequences. That's how we row in Nigeria.
Some even said he should pay back the ones he have embezzle. From which money? Oga enjoy why it last....

4 Likes

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Silentgroper(m): 11:04am On Sep 08, 2023
Like someone said , ask for salary increment.. you cannot be doing the jobs of other people

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by tonicyril: 11:04am On Sep 08, 2023
Treepower2000:

You want him to report himself to the company to get sacked.
OP as someone suggested stop the stealing and invest that your salary that you have not touched according to your write up. Continue your work but desist from stealing and use the proceeds from the investment from the salary you have not touched as your payment for the extra work you are doing.
I can even tell you you that the management are aware of your dealings but as they are making profit they decided to continue dealing with the devil they know than sacking you for someone who will do worse.
U understand the tide bro, not that they don't know, just that they can keep up with ur excesses since it's not affecting the company

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Danidinho4: 11:05am On Sep 08, 2023
They'll SURELY catch u one day. Stop it once and for all its detrimental.

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Myer(m): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2023
Leggodeals:
Tomorrow you people will start crying that your country is gone. Now we are telling someone to do the right thing. Return all he has stolen and clear his conscience. It's not enough to just stop stealing. He has to put what he has removed back else that guilt would not go. And as long as that guilt remains, it's just a matter of time before he resumes stealing again.

Guilt is an evil thing in the conscience that makes people sin more and more.
The guilty heart contrary to what many people think does not stop you from doing crime, it fuels evil like mad. The guilty heart keeps saying, go do it again and ask God for forgiveness. OK, go do it again and ask for mercy. An unending cycle of sin. Until he is caught and disgraced

I admire your train of thought. It is restitution for past sins.
However it is not always required in all cases.
This is why one needs the counsel and leading of the Holy Spirit. God does not always use the method for everyone.

To pick from some brains/thoughts here;

1. He certainly needs to stop now and ask for forgiveness and determine never to be fraudulent again. His conscience probing him is a good sign that there is still hope for his salvation. So many don't even have conscience again, it has been seered with hot iron. Lol

2. He needs to find a way of demanding for a salary increment officially and professionally, knowing in his heart that he is ready to resign if need be. He can do this when he has found another option or even now, his choice.

3. He needs to stop keeping up with the jones'es.
He should as soon as possible separate from those contacts/friends/colleagues he's is competing or comparing himself to. And be willing to live a solo life for a while before meeting like minds.

4. He should really start surrounding himself with things and people that help him do and live right. The church is God's establishment for this- a non-competitive Church whose passion is for knowing God through bible study and soul winning.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by cedricksly: 11:09am On Sep 08, 2023
Imagine what going to prison for even 3 years without seeing your boys or wife would be? It is not impossible to catch you, all that is needed is external auditor.. Better stop that nonsense now before you cause your own downfall yourself.

2 Likes

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by stagger: 11:12am On Sep 08, 2023
Put a total stop to it now!

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by DestinyNigga: 11:12am On Sep 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
From DM

Dey wan use work kill you? Abeg dey settle urself. Those guys are freskly rich. Just try to dey invest am on something reasonable
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by blesdman(m): 11:14am On Sep 08, 2023
Belleful:
Those of u advising him to stop is just wasting ur time. My advise to him is he should continue doing it. The day u are caught, u face d consequences. That's how we row in Nigeria.
Some even said he should pay back the ones he have embezzle. From which money? Oga enjoy why it last....
Nigeria way. Cover Ur tracks just make sure the company is profitable and very profitable.

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by ojeshola: 11:17am On Sep 08, 2023
Kingray10:
You are underpaid, you are doing the job of four people, the company has enough profits to pay you enough for you not to steal from them, yet they refused...

Well, if I am in ur shoes I will ask for salary Increment. And if it's not done to my satisfaction, I will continue what I was doing before..

Honestly speaking

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by pocom35: 11:17am On Sep 08, 2023
Kingray10:
You are underpaid, you are doing the job of four people, the company has enough profits to pay you enough for you not to steal from them, yet they refused...

Well, if I am in ur shoes I will ask for salary Increment. And if it's not done to my satisfaction, I will continue what I was doing before..

All these ones saying...he should stop ..how can a family man live comfortably with just around 120k..

They will do worse if they are in his shoes and go to Church to thank God

2 Likes

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by ispreloaded(m): 11:21am On Sep 08, 2023
Oga continue jare na where man Dy work e Dy chop.... The company is milking u out by overloading u with task... 30mins for a break LMAO 🤣 na jackey u b? ....ok oya calculate the cost of production to ur salary+200k ur eye go open grin

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Stevenbright(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
From DM

You are not confused. You are just a bad person like most average Nigerians. I won't be surprised if you are one of those overzealous people that pretends to hate corruption and supports one of the current political gladiators against the other!

See, you better change and stop trying to blame the very company you are fleecing by saying that they refused to hire an auditor.

Your change will come from within and the earlier the better before you are caught.

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by tfelicityk(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2023
A man with conscience. God is with you. Don't you think He is passing a message to you. Use whatever proceed you had gotten for that 48months and nearest months to establish yourself (family) somewhere else please. So that you have prepared yourself if in case things fall apart as you presumed.

You better leave this life of being a big boy and focus on your family wellbeing.

May God forgive us all...

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by SeriouslySense(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2023
Stop it now, never do it again, for the sake of your Son. If you are caught, it will damage your image, you will be branded as a crimminal which you have become, and what happens to your family and child.

You can be digging a very big hole, that you cannot stop digging, stop now, it is for your good.

2 Likes

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by ispreloaded(m): 11:23am On Sep 08, 2023
pocom35:

All these ones saying...he should stop ..how can a family man live comfortably with just around 120k..

They will do worse if they are in his shoes and go to Church to thank God
exactly grin u speak my mind.... Our politicians wey Dy pocket billions without look back nko? grin

1 Like

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by SeriouslySense(m): 11:23am On Sep 08, 2023
Exactly who is he trying to impress.

tfelicityk:
A man with conscience. God is with you. Don't you think He is passing a message to you. Use whatever proceed you had gotten for that 48months and nearest months to establish yourself (family) somewhere else please. So that you have prepared yourself if in case things fall apart as you presumed.

You better leave this life of being a big boy and focus on your family wellbeing.

May God forgive us all...

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by SeriouslySense(m): 11:27am On Sep 08, 2023
Stevenbright:

You are not confused. You are just a bad person like most average Nigerians. I won't be surprised if you are one of those overzealous people that pretends to hate corruption and supports one of the current political gladiators against the other!

See, you better change and stop trying to blame the very company you are fleecing by saying that they refused to hire an auditor.

You change will come from within and the earlier the best before you are caught.
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Osanoghodua1: 11:29am On Sep 08, 2023
Today is the day of salvation, stop it, go to God in prayers and repent, if you attend a bible believing church, confess your sin to your pastor. Stop taking anything again, vow before God never to steal anymore. It has a repercussion in the future outside being at variance with God and laws of the Land. May God give you understanding.
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by ACCACENCONSULTS: 11:33am On Sep 08, 2023
My candid advise is to stop doing that from henceforth. Don't confess to anybody but only to God in prayer. Then make conscious effort to resist the temptation. Then you shall be free. Remember, don't confess to anybody. Stop the act, and move on.
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Fearyourcreator: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2023
Leggodeals:
Tomorrow you people will start crying that your country is gone. Now we are telling someone to do the right thing. Return all he has stolen and clear his conscience. It's not enough to just stop stealing. He has to put what he has removed back else that guilt would not go. And as long as that guilt remains, it's just a matter of time before he resumes stealing again.

Guilt is an evil thing in the conscience that makes people sin more and more.
The guilty heart contrary to what many people think does not stop you from doing crime, it fuels evil like mad. The guilty heart keeps saying, go do it again and ask God for forgiveness. OK, go do it again and ask for mercy. An unending cycle of sin. Until he is caught and disgraced
Na politicians them Sabi abuse
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by greypencils: 11:44am On Sep 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
From DM
You beans go done soon. Continue
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Stoicful(m): 11:46am On Sep 08, 2023
OP, don't report yourself and don't mind anyone who give you such stupid advise. There is no work in Nigeria like before. Even with my experience, when I took a career break, it took me 6 month before I was able to secure another company with a multinational. Trust me, during that time, I blamed myself for that decision not until I was able to secure another, I felt good.

I'm doing my Masters and it can't even cross my mind to resign so as to perform well in school because there isn't much job outside.

Way forward...
Stop the stealing act, and start reminding the manager or management the reason why they need to take in more people to assist with the job.

If you have saved enough from your past deeds, invest in it on something productive, be it bettering your chances of securing a better job, maybe further more or do some professional courses or even raise your child.

God will help you, don't feel guilty, you yourself said you alone do the work of more than one for your current role, the management feel no remorse, so you shouldn't either but for future deed, try and be transparent.
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by manmade(m): 11:48am On Sep 08, 2023
iammo:
cool

You are now a criminal

Every criminal should plot an escape strategy

What's your own escape strategy?!

Plan a sleek 3 to 6 months Japa plan to UK or US and move before you get caught

All you need... Cost of Tickets, Cost of Running your Account for Proof of Fund, Cost of Visa... Within 6 months pull a mega heists and run

You think your MD and others don't know you are stealing, but they do and when you are caught they would start adding their figures to what you stole

You might steal 1million, by the time you reach State CID the MD would claim you stole 19milliom

Lucifer doesn't need a deputy with someone like you around, see planning? shocked
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by shedy03(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2023
Stop now now, then ask for salary increase.
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by ify84(m): 11:49am On Sep 08, 2023
Request for pay rise. If they pay you 120k... Let them take it to 150k. The extra 30k, use for repayment on your own monthly. Because one day they will find out and throw u into prison. If u are repaying, keep evidence in case.
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Acybunii: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2023
Yoooo

Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by occfx: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
From DM

They know.. They considered employing extra hand for 100 or 200k... Why not allow the guy take it instead of employing who we don't know? So the 200k you steal is not a problem to them but don't steal more if not start reducing it
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by pongwa(m): 11:54am On Sep 08, 2023
Meerahbel:
From DM
you be small thief relax
Re: Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing by Danja: 11:57am On Sep 08, 2023
Tell your boss that you have been taking their money fraudulently and that you want to stop but require a salary increase. Ask for forgiveness for the money taken thus far.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Help!!!! Globacom Is Being Messed Up... / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / South African Transgender Pilot Grounded Due To Gender Identity (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.