Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria (57216 Views)

Filling Company Tax Return And Company Financial Audit / Tax Clearance Certificate And DPR License! / Usefulness Of Tax Clearance Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by OfflineDirectry(m): 4:55pm On Mar 05, 2015
lagerwhenindoubt:
Nice info. regrettably, I went to IFRS myself and while the secretary was encouraging; she explained to me the benefits of TAX clearance and that it was free for new businesses, the Head honch demanded N200k because I had not registered within 1 month of registering the company and this is 3 years after. I told him this was the first time i needed to use this company for business and it has no bank account whatsoever. No dice. he stuck by his demands so i left. sadly.

Where can one get a reliable TAX Consultant in Lagos.
Good job with the information - keep it coming

You can actually save yourself a lot of accounting and tax headache while you concentrate on your core job or business visit; www.innerkonsult.com 08038460036 for tax and accounting service

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by OfflineDirectry(m): 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
The company income tax clearance can be obtained even if you have not started operations. You will need the services of chartered accountants to prepare and sign statement of affairs and this document would be submitted to FIRS. There would be followup by the consultant and he would also answer relevant questions before the certificate is issued. info@InnerKonsult.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Teej1(m): 1:23pm On Jan 06, 2016
Please anyone with processes involved in becoming cac certified agent should email to acctanteejay@gmail.com
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by fatiaforreal: 12:17am On Dec 18, 2016
Where the process has taken up to four months and your consultant doesn't pick your call most times, what can one do in that circumstance? Furthermore, is there anyway you can check if truly the processing is on?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by lekefem: 12:54am On Feb 09, 2017
Hello please, got your addy from nairaland. I just registered a company in March and opened an account a month later but there hasnt been any business transaction since then. However, i anticipate a business deal very soon and i need to get a tax clearance, i have gotten my TIN number but not yet a tax clearance. Please is it ok for me to just walk into my FIRS office for this or what would the procedure be like? Warm regards
Well done, good people on this forum. Please, my problem is similar to the quoted one above. I registered the company with CAC in February 2016 and got the TIN/VAT number in August 2016. I commenced business on October 1, 2016 but have not been able to make a kobo yet because of the harsh economy. I now got an Agency that wants to give me a job and demanding for Tax Clearance Certificate. I need suggestion on how to go about obtaining this haven operated for only 4 months 9 days. Do I approach a Chartered Accountant/Tax Consultant or I approach the FIRS myself and with what documents?
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Hembee67(m): 2:51pm On Feb 22, 2017
pls bro..am having the same challenge as you but mine is just less than two months...pls do contact me on whatsapp or call if you have
any info abt how to go abt it..I will richly be grateful...thanks
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by dexter1983(m): 5:36pm On Mar 03, 2017
please i need a personal tax clearance. my business is new in ondo state though i registered my company since may 2015. i went to the state revenue and i was asked to bring 100k for personal tax clearance of two directors for a limited company that has not fully started or less than 6months old in setup phase. i actually needed the personal clearance to meet up a condition for a facility for expansion. so i dont know if this is this is the right amount since i dont really know the procedure. any light on this will be appreciated
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by dexter1983(m): 5:37pm On Mar 03, 2017
udokpuenyi:
Let me state this fact clearly.

Please do not hand your tax tax computation into the hands of the revenue office worker else you will regret doing so, I am saying this without exclusion to any , because they will run you down and ruin your firm. Anybody suggesting that you just walk into any revenue office and do this or that is note giving the right advice at least as far as Nigeria tax board offices are concerned. Let the person do so and then have the experience

There are a whole lot thing involved during initial tax filling and registration and you have to get it right right from the onset else you continue paying how you started it.

Get a consultant to manage you tax affair and you will be shielded from the extortionist tendencies of the taxman; and if you cannot afford to get a tax consulting firm; look for a friend , a relation or any body who works in a tax firm and consult with him on individual level. Proper advice before you start all your tax filling is indispensible and all effort must be made to get right.
Tax issue are serious, it can ruin one business if not properly handled. I work in tax consulting firm and I know what I am saying

Below is the list of documents needed for registration as a tax payer

1.Registered address
2.Business address
3.Nature of business
4.Date of incoporation

5.Date of commencement
6. Proposed name and address f banker
7. Proposed name and address of auditor
8. Name and address of directors
9. Proposed accounting date of the company
10. statement of affairs

In addition to above , you need
a.Memo and article of association
b.certificate of incorporation

Also know about the new Personal Income Tax Regime

before
First N30,000 taxed at 5%
Next N30,000 taxed at 10%
Next N50,000 taxed at 15%
Next N50 000 taxed at 20%
Above N160 000 taxed at 25%

Now:

First N300,000 taxed at 7%
Next N300,000 taxed at 11%
Next N500,000 taxed at 15%
Next N500,000 taxed at 19%
Next NI, 600,000 taxed at 21%
Above N3, 200,000 taxed at 24%

ireogwu@ijewere.com

please i need a personal tax clearance. my business is new in ondo state though i registered my company since may 2015. i went to the state revenue and i was asked to bring 100k for personal tax clearance of two directors for a limited company that has not fully started or less than 6months old in setup phase. i actually needed the personal clearance to meet up a condition for a facility for expansion. so i dont know if this is this is the right amount since i dont really know the procedure. any light on this will be appreciated
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by hushbabyy: 2:55pm On Mar 13, 2017
What if yoy run a partnership business.
Are you meant to pay for Tax clearance with FIRS?

quote author=Topdogs85 post=9387143]Pls what's different btw LIRS AND FIRS.then which can cover me throughtout federation,for example , i do busines in lagos state and pay tax in lagos, can that cover me every where in nigeria,

LIRS is the state revenue service responsible for Personal income taxes of residents of the state and 'Enterprises' while the FIRS is responsible for taxes from all registered companies and federal taxes from individuals. You need both set of clearances from the LIRS (personal tax clearance) and FIRS (Company tax clearance) the tax you pay in Lagos to the FIRS covers your company throughout the nation while your Personal income tax remitted to the Lagos state government shows you've been paying your taxes in your state of residence - Just in case.

If you are an individual with a registered business name, you only require a tax clearance from LIRS and not the FIRS. Your taxes should go to the LIRS as you are resident in Lagos State and not the FIRS. The only tax that should go to the FIRS is VAT which is not your tax in effect as you are only a collecting agent for government. The FIRS used to issue VAT certificates but havent done so in recent times. The purpose of obtaining a TIN from the FIRS is to facilitate the remittance of VAT collected. YOU DONT NEED AN FIRS TCC. Dont be deceived otherwise.
[/quote]
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by hushbabyy: 3:06pm On Mar 13, 2017
Please I run a partnership business. Am I meant to get my tax clearance from FIRS?
THANK YOU
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by cre8me(m): 11:25am On Sep 12, 2017
hushbabyy:
Please I run a partnership business. Am I meant to get my tax clearance from FIRS?
THANK YOU

No. As a Partner in a Partnership business, you cannot be legally separated from the business so you are taxed under the Personal Income Tax Act. Your tax clearance certificate will be issued by the tax authority of the state you conduct your business and to which you invariably pay your tax to.

1 Like

Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by macphilip: 11:45am On Sep 12, 2017
for a one man business name enterprise, what are the taxes that are meant to be paid.
Also can a one man business with staff working for him pay Paye and direct assessment as well?
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by cardiorap: 2:41am On Dec 27, 2017
I just graduated few months ago and between January and February, I would be involved in two different businesses. All necessary information on business name registration with CAC have been gotten and would be applied in no distant time. Hence, I need all TCC and tax related information to avoid mistakes.

The first business is a partnership and the second one is singlehandedly owned by me. What are the TCC/tax procedures involved in a newly registered business (partnership and sole proprietorship)?

The location for both businesses is Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Additionally, during my undergraduate days, I was in Uyo and needed to process bank transactions, since I needed a valid means of identity, and having none, I had to walk into the Akwa Ibom State Board of Internal Revenue and got a TIN card. So, I assume I have TIN (though I've lost the card), but was processed in Akwa Ibom State and not Rivers State.

I appreciate all contributions!
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Consultville(m): 8:06pm On Jan 28, 2019
For your Tax Matters contact Regville Associates www.regville.com 08065111667
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Mmiri4real1: 7:06am On Oct 24, 2019
coolplenty said, how do you evacuate irresponsible taxman if you can't afford a tax consulting firm then?
Re: How To Get A Company Tax Clearance Certificate In Nigeria by Seventy7kings: 2:09pm On Oct 29, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rice Seller's N400,000 Turns To Paper In Ogwashi-Ukwu, Delta State (Video) / "No More International Transactions!" Did You Receive This? / Ooni Of Ife And Aliko Dangote On A Tour Of Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.