Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun (26266 Views)

DATKEM Plaza Is An Illegal Structure, Contravenes Planning Laws - Ogun Govt / Ogun Govt Orders Demolition Of 5-storey DATKEM Plaza Owned By Funke Daniel / There Is Executive Roomself Contains At Ogudu Gra In A Close Just Three Tenant I (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by nairalandkachy1: 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2023
Olufunke Daniel, wife of the former Ogun State Governor, Senator Gbenga Daniel, has tackled Governor Dapo Abiodun over demolition of her 5-storey plaza in Ijebu-Ode, describing the act as executive recklessness.

Daily Trust had reported that the state government commenced demolition of the 5-storey DATKEM plaza in Ijebu-Ode, in the early hours of Sunday.

Daniel, who represents Ogun East at the Senate, had personally visited the scene for an assessment of the damage on the building.

However, the former first lady in a statement through her lawyer slammed the Governor over what she called ‘illegality,’ saying she suffered “unimaginable and huge losses” due to the demolition.

In the statement signed by Mr Adeyinka Kotoye, S.A.N of PAGE Law Office, the legal firm said the government ignored court papers “served on its agents on Thursday, September 7 asking them to stop all actions on the building.”

“I want to believe that the Ogun State Governor, Prince Dapo Abiodun, was not informed of this illegality. But if he was informed and still decided to use the instruments of the State against our clients, it is nothing but executive recklessness. But we will continue to fight for justice and ensure that our clients,” the firm said.

“This matter began when the Ogun State Planning and Development Authority scaled the building on August 1 without any prior notice. Interestingly, a quit notice was only served on August 31 by the same Planning and Development Authority asking the owner to vacate the premises within three days.

“Meanwhile, Datkem applied for unsealing and regularization of the building on August 2 and paid the mandatory fee of N500, 000 to the Ogun State government. We have evidence of this payment. However, we were shocked and astonished that the Ogun State government ignored the ongoing legal process and went ahead to demolish the complex in the early hours of Sunday. We want to believe the State Attorney General’s advice was ignored on this matter.

“Our clients, as law abiding citizens of Ogun State, will continue to seek redress in the courts. Even when our clients have suffered unimaginable and huge losses as a result of this illegal demolition, we will not relent in pursuing justice in the courts.”

https://dailytrust.com/executive-recklessness-gbenga-daniels-wife-slams-ogun-govt-over-plaza-demolition/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by successmatters(m): 6:14pm On Sep 10, 2023
That's a direct consequence of a toothless judiciary, your court papers are now worth less than toilet tissue papers just because you're trying to stop Peter Obi from becoming president grin

More houses will go down, more lawlessness will be unleashed left and right, and in the end, the judiciary will support the richer people.

Don't bother to quote me, I have headache on my fingers.

100 Likes 9 Shares

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Acekidc4(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2023
Madam Funke your building is a Reckless illegal Structure!! Ogun State government was right pulling down that reckless building.

10 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by WhisperedNoise: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2023
Nigeria is a very lawless country. People use their positions to settle scores with enemies and opponents. Sad.

35 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by minakom: 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2023
Sincerely why are they destroying things that were built with so much money. They need to have a rethink ooo.

1 Like

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by jojothaiv(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2023
No better words to qualify it.

DAP thinks Ogun state folks are idiots.

2 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Skillsnigeria: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2023
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by 81pro: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2023
WhisperedNoise:
Nigeria is a very lawless country. People use their positions to settle scores with enemies and opponents. Sad.
lol mmm
Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Excop8: 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2023

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by tolumizzy(m): 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2023
Fish eats fishes to gain weight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by bigdammyj: 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2023
Noted.

1 Like

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by lexy2014: 6:29pm On Sep 10, 2023
minakom:
Sincerely why are they destroying things that were built with so much money. They need to have a rethink ooo.

Very true but were did she get the money to build such a property?

6 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Donaldoni: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2023
Sorry

2 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Ds67(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2023
Lol

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by U9dax: 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2023
tolumizzy:
Fish eats fishes to gain weight
grin

1 Like

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Father4all: 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2023
Why I hate this Government is that they do things as if they are against the law

1 Like

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by ACRI: 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2023
successmatters:
That's a direct consequence of a toothless judiciary, your court papers are now worth less than toilet tissue papers just because you're trying to stop Peter Obi from becoming president grin

More houses will go down, more lawlessness will be unleashed left and right, and in the end, the judiciary will support the richer people.

STFU, life does not revolve around your Peter Obi

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by adewale202: 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2023
What's this opob he-goat saying again

For your information your foolish Peter obi is a complete looser and he will never rule this country

successmatters:

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Mummyimbecile(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2023
What keeps a country going is the rule of law and respect for court orders.

If there is no respect for court orders, it sets the pace for anarchy. 👈 -Read this again before quoting me!

8 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by Formation10: 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2023
Acekidc4:
Madam Funke your building is a Reckless illegal Structure!! Ogun State government was right pulling down that reckless building.
if they are right why did they collect 500k from her

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by LibertyRep: 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2023
These guys were once close associates.

It's a family matter and would be settled eventually. You'll see the building termed illegal spring up again.

This may be a way to make OGD fall in line.

3 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by LegacyB: 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2023
successmatters:

Thank God I don’t respond to mumu write ups!
Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by ecolime(m): 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2023
successmatters:

Bro, I know you were heart-broken by the election results and court judgement. There can only be a winner per time. It's time for you to move on. You are too young to develop BP.

Forget Politics and Politicians, eat well, exercise and clear your head. Your mental health & sanity over everything.

My humble advise

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by enemyofprogress: 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2023
I hope the demolition won't lead to the woman having /
Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by bestman09(m): 6:43pm On Sep 10, 2023
Accept my sympathy ma. This is the season of 🦇 Bat.

Election results are announced in the night when people are sleeping.
Demolition of property is done in the night when people are sleeping.

Indeed, Bats are more active in the night

12 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by komekn(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2023
successmatters:

We are now in the rule ⚖️ of LAWLESSNESS

We should get used to it , it's just the beginning well done Jagaban 👏🏿👏🏾👏🏽🍾

3 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by leanonme82: 6:52pm On Sep 10, 2023
Ogun state men marry fine wives. Amosuns wife, Funso was a beauty.

3 Likes

Re: DATKEM Plaza: This Is Executive Recklessness - Funke Daniel To Gov Abiodun by NovusHomo(m): 6:57pm On Sep 10, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Four-Storey Building Collapses In Lifecamp, Abuja, Many Injured (Video, Photos) / I Just Spent 1year And The Landlady Served Me Notice To Quit. What Should I Do? / How Much Does It Cost To Build A 5 Bed Room Flat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.